Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Concerned Citizen posted:

Good to see that the Qatari World Cup continues to drift as far away from what their actual bid promised as much as humanly possible. We're still on the floating air conditioners though, right?

Nah, those were the first to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

pik_d posted:

Nah, Bangladeshi passports, then the magic air conditioners

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

pik_d posted:

I guess you could say it was a lot of........

hot air!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

corpuscollossus posted:

I'm being extorted by my employer and forced to work against my will lol
Hello Cristiano

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Next it will be Qatar paying for the World Cup but it will actually be held in another country.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Crazy Ted posted:

Next it will be Qatar paying for the World Cup but it will actually be held in another country.

I have been saying for a while Australia should sell Tasmania to anyone who will take it as is where is.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Byolante posted:

I have been saying for a while Australia should sell Tasmania to anyone who will take it as is where is.

Wealthy oil sheiks will devise a teleportation system to transport Tasmania to just off the Qatari coast, so they can build great, modern cities on it.

edit, one month later: Actually, the teleportation system isn't feasible, we'll just use tugboats.

edit, one year later: We'll still take it but we can't get around to building cities on it.

edit, two years later: gently caress it, just leave it where it is.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
I hope Qatar eventually decides to turn it into a Beach Volleyball World Cup.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
I'm actually excited to see the World Cup end up like Sochi. If half the athletes havent been grievously injured/poisoned or attacked by wild animals by the end of it then I'll be massively disappointed

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

420DD Butts posted:

I'm actually excited to see the World Cup end up like Sochi. If half the athletes havent been grievously injured/poisoned or attacked by wild animals by the end of it then I'll be massively disappointed
Maybe if Russia gets crazy enough we can the World Cup in a post-nuclear wasteland.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
What would correct international football politics procedure be if Russia were to announce that the 2018 WC final is to be played in Sevastopol?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

The Mash posted:

What would correct international football politics procedure be if Russia were to announce that the 2018 WC final is to be played in Sevastopol?

well Old Dave would definitely put his foot down and freeze some assets and maybe not even go to the G8

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Mash posted:

Hem and haw until either Ukraine or Russia (let's be real, it would be Russia) hands a fat sack of cash to Sepp, and then announce that there is no problem.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The next world cups are going to be so depressing.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I fully intend to enjoy the gently caress out of this World Cup because there won't be joy again until at least 2026.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

I fully intend to enjoy the gently caress out of this World Cup because there won't be joy again until at least 2026.

Brazilian construction workers have been dying building these stadiums as well.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

dkj posted:

Brazilian construction workers have been dying building these stadiums as well.

We haven't even had the great favela purge yet!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Byolante posted:

We haven't even had the great favela purge yet!

Brazil is a civilized country where a world uniting event can be held without major problems

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Nostradingus posted:

I can't even remember the last piece of positive news about Brazil 2014.

blueyedevil
Apr 17, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

I can't even remember the last piece of positive news about Brazil 2014.

Ahead of Brazil World Cup, free English classes planned for prostitutes

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

They have a union apparently. Thats some positive news, I suppose.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I work in sexual health. Please don't mention sex workers and 'positive' in the same breath. I'm triggering OP.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

britishbornandbread posted:

Please don't mention sex workers and 'positive' in the same breath.

How do you tell them the test results?

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Lemon posted:

Hahaha.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Lemon posted:

Very carefully.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Looking forward to seeing at least one image of a footballer from a rich European country with awful 90's rap inspired ink cowering behind a chair while a pack of feral 9 year olds attack the team bus with mac-10s.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Some players are going to get their poo poo stolen and there are going to be a few protests but other than that the World Cup will be fine.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

Some players are going to get their poo poo stolen and there are going to be a few protests but other than that the World Cup will be fine.

Black water's Fifa division will make everything safe for foreigners with strong but fair community policing

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Someone on Germany will get caught with a tranny hooker mark my loving words

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Crazy Ted posted:

Someone on Germany will get caught with a tranny hooker mark my loving words

You say it like it's a bad thing.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/25/panini-world-cup-sticker-heist

and they said it would be expensive to complete my album

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
This is definitely going to show off my dumb rear end american-ness but people are freaking out over stickers?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Peanut President posted:

This is definitely going to show off my dumb rear end american-ness but people are freaking out over stickers?

Stickers here are like baseball cards in the States I'd guess? But with far fewer nerds interested in them past 12/13.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I don't think Panini stickers are as rare/valuable as baseball cards which collectors go for.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/09/sepp-blatter-fifth-term-fifa-president?CMP=EMCFTBEML853

a fat corrupt fraud posted:

The Fifa president, Sepp Blatter, has dropped another hint that he intends to stand for a fifth term as the head of football's governing body in next year's election.

"I want to do it because it's not over yet," he said during an event in Zurich, according to the Swiss newspaper Blick. "My mandate is certainly coming to its end but my mission is not yet complete."

The 78-year-old was elected unopposed for a fourth term in 2011 after his rival, Mohamed Bin Hammam, withdrew his candidacy having been accused of offering cash for votes. Bin Hammam was later banned from football for life by Fifa.

Blatter, who has occupied the role since June 1998, initially said this would be his final term but has since hinted at a change of mind. In February, he told a Swiss radio station: "I'm in good health and I don't see why I should now think about stopping the work, about the consolidation of Fifa. If the member associations ask me to be a candidate, I would not say no."

:getout:

It's not over yet you guys, he hasn't completed his mission, that mission being to completely kill football.

He will never leave, will he? He's like the Swiss Robert Mugabe.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I hope Sepp Blatter dies soon.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Hegay posted:

I hope Sepp Blatter dies soon.

Agreed, though with his track record he'll turn FIFA into weekend at Blattie's.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If he hasn't completed his mission yet in 16 years, what makes him think he's qualified to complete it now? That is more time than Franklin Delano Roosevelt got as President of the United States, and most people would say he completed at least one of his missions.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

vyelkin posted:

If he hasn't completed his mission yet in 16 years, what makes him think he's qualified to complete it now? That is more time than Franklin Delano Roosevelt got as President of the United States, and most people would say he completed at least one of his missions.

His mission is to collect all the money. It's never over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Didn't the oval office run unopposed last time with the excuse that it was his last go?