Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Chase is one of the worst possible picks. Not quite BoA but certainly up there. Since Rhyno specified not a BIG BANK I imagine they're ruled right out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I like Citizen's Bank because they have one in every Stop n Shop that is open until 7PM everyday.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

some texas redneck posted:

The blood? One nurse tried 3 times. The physicians assistant tried once. The doctor finally walked back in and jokingly said I was causing trouble, and he'd show everyone how it was done (and ushered in the PA and one nurse to watch). Then played hunt the vein for over 5 minutes. When he finally did find a vein, it was in my wrist.

Halfway through, he asked if I'd ever passed out from a blood draw. I'm always a smartass, so I said "not yet, but there's a first for everything, right?".

:argh:

Guess who woke up on the floor, surrounded by a doc, PA, and nurses? :smith:

Welcome to my life can't-be-bled-buddy!

The only people who can seem to get blood out of me are the grizzled old nurses who've done this poo poo for 40 years. They just swab a huge patch of my arm with the antiseptic stuff, and then just BAM needle in the arm.

Anyone else is digging around.

Either way, I don't care much, but my brain shuts off and I have passed out once or twice.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Whelp. 3 of us are getting pretty fed up with the 4th roommate, who sadly, is the only one of the lease. He wakes up before us all, puts his alarm on snooze while he takes a shower and sings loudly. Then he stomps down the stairs and slams the door shut. I feel bad for my roommate who works 3rd shift and goes to sleep maybe an hour before this happens every day. Today all 3 of us were woken up by this crap so I yelled at him and his GF singing in the shower to, "SHUT THE gently caress UP," went into his room, turned off the alarm on his cellphone and threw it at the bathroom door.

Also, Burger King now offers the Whopper and fries on their breakfast menu. My hangover needs have finally been met. Hallelujah!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Whelp. 3 of us are getting pretty fed up with the 4th roommate, who sadly, is the only one of the lease. He wakes up before us all, puts his alarm on snooze while he takes a shower and sings loudly. Then he stomps down the stairs and slams the door shut. I feel bad for my roommate who works 3rd shift and goes to sleep maybe an hour before this happens every day. Today all 3 of us were woken up by this crap so I yelled at him and his GF singing in the shower to, "SHUT THE gently caress UP," went into his room, turned off the alarm on his cellphone and threw it at the bathroom door.

All I can see is your avatar changing to the Archer meme saying "Do you want to be on Judge Judy? Because that's how you get on Judge Judy."

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
ITT: Archer avs shouting "gently caress" at other people.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And in a couple hours I get to see how screwed my grandma's Audi is from my dad's cut now ask later method of electrical work.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I like Citizen's Bank because they have one in every Stop n Shop that is open until 7PM everyday.

USAA. Being able to deposit checks wth my phone is awesome, they refund all my ATM fees, and their car insurance is cheap.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The veins in my elbows are literally 1/2" wide and pop out if I clench my fist (seriously, they look like they belong on a bodybuilder not a beanpole nerd) and blood doesn't scare me at all so donating blood or having it pulled for medical poo poo is a walk in the park.

The last time I had blood drawn the nurse was like "jesus, if I miss that, I should just resign" :haw:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I lucked out with easy veins. On longer stays in the hospital they've used me to train new lab techs in, no one has missed but a few have gone straight through.

So this is on Craigslist locally and despite having no reason at all to buy it I really really want to. If any of you fools are interested I would gladly go look at it for you.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/4438330759.html

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

kastein posted:

The veins in my elbows are literally 1/2" wide and pop out if I clench my fist (seriously, they look like they belong on a bodybuilder not a beanpole nerd) and blood doesn't scare me at all so donating blood or having it pulled for medical poo poo is a walk in the park.

The last time I had blood drawn the nurse was like "jesus, if I miss that, I should just resign" :haw:

Yeah the Phlebotomologist complemented me on my excellent veins when I got blood work done. Of course I'm 6'4" and 160 so the only way I'd have hard to find veins would be if I was a heroin junkie or something.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CommieGIR posted:

USAA. Being able to deposit checks wth my phone is awesome, they refund all my ATM fees, and their car insurance is cheap.

Yep. Seriously, five years with them now and not one complaint. Exact opposite actually, I love dealing with them.

Also, sitting in the Bob Hope Hollywood USO at LAX. gently caress LAX. And gently caress 60* weather I'm freezing my balls off.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Also, Burger King now offers the Whopper and fries on their breakfast menu. My hangover needs have finally been met. Hallelujah!

Oh thank God. I get off work and am dying for a burger some mornings.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

So the girlfriend brought me along to one of her belly dance performances which had a heap of other acts including some really nice burlesque. Tonight I learnt that competitive burlesque is a thing. And a good thing at that!

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

CommieGIR posted:

Also their investment side is nice as well, just don't buy into their precious metals mutual fund (it sucks).

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

poo poo...work is looking for someone to go cover a couple sites in Germany (Hannover area) for six weeks. If there wasn't a wedding and a Chumpcar race in that time period I would be on a plane asap. I'm still considering it but the timing is just so terrible.

Bank Talk: I lucked out and there is a really good credit union with an office on site. Awesome rates for loans/mortgage and decent interest. Now I just need to cancel my Discover card since I never use it anymore.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Alighieri posted:

Also their investment side is nice as well, just don't buy into their precious metals mutual fund (it sucks).

I kinda thought the precious metals market was largely crap.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I hit a red light outside of a nearby highschool right as they got out for lunch, and sat and watched the vehicles pour out

-audi a3
-audi a3
-audi a4
-audi a3
-audi a5
-audi a6
-audi a3
-beater crown vic
-audi a3
-audi a4

Your parents are willing to spend 50 grand on a car for you to drive to school in, and nobody comes up with anything different?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Powershift posted:

I hit a red light outside of a nearby highschool right as they got out for lunch, and sat and watched the vehicles pour out

-audi a3
-audi a3
-audi a4
-audi a3
-audi a5
-audi a6
-audi a3
-beater crown vic

-audi a3
-audi a4

Your parents are willing to spend 50 grand on a car for you to drive to school in, and nobody comes up with anything different?
This kid is going places. My kinda guy.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Powershift posted:

-audi a3
-audi a3
-audi a4
-audi a3
-audi a5
-audi a6
-audi a3
-beater crown vic
-audi a3
-audi a4

Follow the heard, just another cow.

Crown Vic beater driver will end up most successful at the first reunion.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Guaranteeing that Crown Vic driver will spend less on repairs the entire time he owns it than the Audi kids will in the first year :v:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Crown Vic kid will be overseeing all the Audi drones in ~15 years. Or in jail. Either way win-win

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

So one of the companies my uncle tried to hook me up with called me today and they want to hire me on as an apprentice. The problem is I'll need to go back to school for another 5 years and pay for it with my own money, to which I have none. I was blunt and told them that I applied to the inside wireman program within the union and should know whether or not I get accepted or not by next week. Their schooling is free.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

NitroSpazzz posted:

Crown Vic kid will be overseeing all the Audi drones in ~15 years. Or in jail. Either way win-win

Crown Vic kid is one of us, not one of Them.

When I was in high school it was all Honda Accords. I guess the oil boom really is back.

Knobjockey
Jul 21, 2003

Crush your enemies.
Bang! and the alien is gone.
Hear the lamentation of Dr. Vahlen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOu9YbMw2qk

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

When I was in high school it was all Honda Accords. I guess the oil boom really is back.

It was all 4x4 pickups where I went to school.

and one kid with a v8 s10.

...that later put it into a tree at way too fast.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

If I had somewhere to store a car for a year I'd be jumping on a mint condition 37000 mile Volvo 244 right now, it's so frustrating.

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

I'm sorry sir but our warranty doesn't cover you losing the part.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Good lord, leave town for a few days with no internet, and AI went completely EN.

The barge of a suburban managed to squeak out 17.5 MPGs for the entire trip (considering its a 6.0) doing 75 the entire time. Not bad for a big brick.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Happy May 9th! :ussr:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

The S13, third gen Camaro/Fox Mustang and 2nd/3rd gen Tercel were the most popular cars in my high school (class of '06). One guy had a TR7, one had a '70s Z and one had a '77 Skylark coupe with a retired circle track chev 350 (yes he was basically nuts and had absolutely zero gas money ever). Also 2 V8 S10s.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Tommychu posted:

The S13, third gen Camaro/Fox Mustang and 2nd/3rd gen Tercel were the most popular cars in my high school (class of '06). One guy had a TR7, one had a '70s Z and one had a '77 Skylark coupe with a retired circle track chev 350 (yes he was basically nuts and had absolutely zero gas money ever). Also 2 V8 S10s.

I'm about the same age as you. I'd say that maybe 1 in 10 senior students had a car. Most of them were beaters; my friend's 87 1.6 ford laser was a typical example, with better cosmetic condition than most.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Class of 02, and it sure seemed like the vast majority of the parking lot was Corsicas and Berettas. So many of them.

e: third gen Sunbirds too.

opengl fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 10, 2014

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I was the only kid in school with a motorcycle, the chicks loved it :smug:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I went to a rural high school so practically everyone had a car by senior year, most by junior (got mine as a sophomore :smug:). Most popular vehicle was probably late '80s Toyota pickups with 31s and KC lights. I rebuilt so many hubs and brake systems for those trucks in auto-shop.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Geez when I was in high school, pretty much everyone either drove beaters, like Sunbirds and Cavaliers, or their parents' cars (as in, what high school kid would go out and willingly buy a minivan?). Also, a TON of kids would take the city bus to school - probably 30-50% in total. I didn't drive to school because I was a 10-minute walk away.

E: How many of you ding dongs who own Automation would be willing to play a regular (monthly or something) contest where you're given a set of criteria and you're to build an engine/car to best fit them? I've been half-thinking about setting something like that up the past few days; just doing an interest check to see if it's worth the effort.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 10, 2014

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Slavvy posted:

I'm about the same age as you. I'd say that maybe 1 in 10 senior students had a car. Most of them were beaters; my friend's 87 1.6 ford laser was a typical example, with better cosmetic condition than most.
We had about the same rate (maybe a little higher), but in a school of 1500 kids that meant quite a few vehicles. And yeah the vast majority were awful beaters to the point where my $300 '85 Buick LeSabre was considered one of the better cars around- though to be fair $300 was a smokin' deal since it was nearly rust-free with only minor issues... and it's still one of the best cars I've owned and by far the best American car I've owned. Also the 'daddy bought me a new car' people (of which there were precisely 3) were pretty harshly stigmatized.
e: now that I've reminisced for a bit I'm remembering we had a ton of Tempo/Topaz drivers, maybe more than Tercels. One guy got a black 2-door Tempo with the Vulcan and it was sooooooooo cool...

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 10, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
After numerous FB suggestions I'm giving Ally a shot. If I'm not pleased I'll go with another local CU.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Dear netflix: I dont care if a lot of other verizon users are on netflix right now. Im still getting a straight 57.50Mbps and I shouldnt be locked into the lovely bitrate player.

edit: ok its back. everything is ok. ok guys.

Cage fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
gently caress. loving gently caress gently caress.

Someone just brought my girlfriend's cat to the front door. Hit by a car, was in the middle of the road trying to crawl away, dragging his back legs. Just dropped him off at the emergency vet, waiting to hear back on xrays tomorrow.

The best part? She's on vacation in the US and has her phone turned off because of roaming. I could only send a FB message.

• Locked thread