Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSzgwCql_mo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLX3OCmweO0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What's a gay calendar's favorite month?

MAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ground floor

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Hello

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

May is Cum Month.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hey guyz i driv a car and i herd you guyz do so can i talk about cars hear?

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"

N is for Nipples posted:

May is Cum Month.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRhPeJ3uzOc

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hello AI. All of the cars you like are bad. All of them.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

animeliker posted:

Not all of them!!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

animeliker posted:

drat, you caught me. :(

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
There should be laws against doing that to your cat.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Jesus Christ... :nws: that poo poo, man.

This is opening soon. Puts the track practically in my backyard :dance:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Devyl posted:

This is opening soon. Puts the track practically in my backyard :dance:

Something something "vertical chicane"

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

animeliker posted:

I know, mom.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

So considering that Australia looks set to turn into USA lite with the destruction of Universal health Care, massive cuts to the public sector and the whole place going to poo poo at a rapid rate of knots, where should I move too in the Real USA so I can get cheap fun cars?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Ferremit posted:

So considering that Australia looks set to turn into USA lite with the destruction of Universal health Care, massive cuts to the public sector and the whole place going to poo poo at a rapid rate of knots, where should I move too in the Real USA so I can get cheap fun cars?

That depends on what you like.

If you are a fan of Queenslanders, move anywhere south of the mason/dixon. Or the midwest.

If you like no rust and don't mind never seeing snow, try the southwest. Have fun with the CARB laws if you move to CA.

If you like high desert and/or big forests and/or it being rainy all the time and never snowing, try somewhere in the pacific northwest.

If you like winter and woods and roads that were designed by livestock (but also hills and mountains and twisty back roads) try the northeast. Sorry about the rust, it sucks. But we have $300 complete LSx drivetrains everywhere to make up for it.

Stay out of cities since you like cars and don't buy anything in a HOA.

kastein fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 1, 2014

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ferremit posted:

Come to Florida, the only state that has rust free cars with no emission testing that won't freeze you to death or kill you with tornadoes, earthquakes and tsunamis :smug:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
But you still have to deal with all the awful old people from everywhere else who retire there, plus the horrible hicks/mud truck drivers, and hurricanes.

No such thing as a free lunch unfortunately.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The old people and hicks are inland, you gotta stay on the coast, west is the best.

And we see hurricanes coming literally hundreds of miles away, if you're not evacuated or in a shelter by the time it hits you're a dumbass and deserve to die.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Sartre was right, Hell is other people, everywhere is awful

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
If you're coming from Australia because you're tired of hearing about THE BOATS, you may want to scratch Florida off the list

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

rscott posted:

Sartre was right, Hell is other people, everywhere is awful

Come on, meteor. :pray:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

:stare: Jesus Christ, when did this happen?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Slung Blade posted:

:stare: Jesus Christ, when did this happen?

http://jalopnik.com/holy-crap-its-james-may-with-short-hair-866346313

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Holy poo poo! i just remembered that the goverments gonna give me $23,000 just because im building a house!

Thats gonna build a REALLY nice shed!

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

leica posted:

Come to Florida, the only state that has rust free cars with no emission testing that won't freeze you to death or kill you with tornadoes, earthquakes and tsunamis :smug:

I wouldn't say "rust free" universally. Salty, moist sea air is a bitch. It's warm and humid roughly 365.25 days a year in South Florida, so prepare to flop sweat when you walk outside in "winter". Central and North Florida are slightly more temperate, but much more redneck. Also, there are exactly zero fun driving roads in Florida, since it's all flat as a pancake.

I'm biased, but I like Georgia. Mountains and ocean within a 4 hour drive of anywhere in the state, cheap real estate, good job market, and nice weather. I'll concede the tornado thing, because we actually do get quite a few of those. Florida actually gets more than any other state, but most are waterspouts offshore or spawned from hurricanes, so you'd be evacuated from the area anyway.

We only do emissions inspections in 13 counties (out of 159) and the "inspection" process consists of looking under the car with a mirror to see if the catalytic converter is present and not bypassed. Yeah, we have some real shitboxes on the road, but gently caress paying 4x the price for parts just because they are CARB approved. Also, there's a rolling 25-year exemption, so once your ride is 25 years old, no more inspections.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Hell yeah. My roommate recently bought a crock-pot. I just dumped a poo poo load of chicken in there and emptied a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's into it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Hell yeah. My roommate recently bought a crock-pot. I just dumped a poo poo load of chicken in there and emptied a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's into it.

Is this an accomplishment? Sounds loving awful.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Add small amount of apple cider vinegar, a little bit of brown sugar and some crushed red pepper flakes. Its the cats rear end!

piss boner
May 17, 2003

bandman posted:

I'm biased, but I like Georgia.

Same here, not leaving. 40 minutes from Brunswick and Savannah. I could do without the bible-thumpers, but that's the price I willingly pay to live so close to tons of nature type poo poo to do and cheap real estate.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So easy even Amy Adams can do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA2ys8C-lNk

[pet]cock-au-vin takes 30 minutes.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

As someone who came to the states from Australia, I liked Colorado the most because it has crazy beautiful mountains and a high percentage of chill people. I really like michigan once I got over how loving cold it is. The car scene is awesome, the city is starting to come back, property is cheap, and we have no sort of auto inspections whatsoever.

Also it's relatively dry in Colorado so the snow isn't as heavy as the snow we get in michigan/northern Midwest so yeah. I liked Tennessee quite a bit as well but I only went to Nashville and some other big city and everyone was crazy nice and laid back while not being obviously racists or GRRR OBAMA or whatever but what do I know I'm sure someone here can tell you more about it than me

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

BraveUlysses posted:

Is this an accomplishment? Sounds loving awful.

You're crazy.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Add small amount of apple cider vinegar, a little bit of brown sugar and some crushed red pepper flakes. Its the cats rear end!

We don't have any of that and I'm not leaving the house today.

Also, jalapeno cream cheese is the loving truth.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I make chicken chili that is basically like 2 lbs of boneless chicken breasts, 2 or 3 cans of black and red beans, 2 cans of rotel tomatoes and peppers, and assorted spices to taste. Throw that poo poo in the crockpot before you leave for work, come home to a house that smells amazing and 3 or 4 meals of great food

e: if you want to stretch it out some more you can throw it on top of some brown rice too

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Tusen Takk posted:

As someone who came to the states from Australia, I liked Colorado the most because it has crazy beautiful mountains and a high percentage of chill people. I really like michigan once I got over how loving cold it is. The car scene is awesome, the city is starting to come back, property is cheap, and we have no sort of auto inspections whatsoever.

Also it's relatively dry in Colorado so the snow isn't as heavy as the snow we get in michigan/northern Midwest so yeah. I liked Tennessee quite a bit as well but I only went to Nashville and some other big city and everyone was crazy nice and laid back while not being obviously racists or GRRR OBAMA or whatever but what do I know I'm sure someone here can tell you more about it than me

Only problem with CO is all the loving assholes from Cali moving in and voting in the same loving terrible laws that they're fleeing Cali to escape the consequences of.

I'd say come to Iowa, but unless you're in the ag business, there's no reason to ever come here.

It is a wasteland of corn, pigs, rust, and emptiness.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Liquid Communism posted:

Only problem with CO is all the loving assholes from Cali moving in and voting in the same loving terrible laws that they're fleeing Cali to escape the consequences of.

Then come on south to Arizona, where despite the hilariously huge number of CA transplants, we still vote in Sheriff Joe every loving time! :pseudo:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I love Wisconsin because leaving Madison is like stepping of the edge of the world.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Then come on south to Arizona, where despite the hilariously huge number of CA transplants, we still vote in Sheriff Joe every loving time! :pseudo:

Eh, I'll stick to corn country. Where the GOP keeps getting confused because they somehow forget that we're all generally of the opinion that shoving our personal beliefs down someone else's throat is just plain rude. Gotta love being a mostly-blue state in flyover country!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Liquid Communism posted:

Eh, I'll stick to corn country. Where the GOP keeps getting confused because they somehow forget that we're all generally of the opinion that shoving our personal beliefs down someone else's throat is just plain rude. Gotta love being a mostly-blue state in flyover country!

But for some unknown awful reason we voted Branstad back in. (Because Culver was a loving idiot).

Personally I can't wait to leave next door red state hell. When the only Governors running for this state are all Republican and who is the biggest darling endorsed by Sarah Palin... Ugh.

Liquid Communism posted:

I'd say come to Iowa, but unless you're in the ag business, there's no reason to ever come here.

It is a wasteland of corn, pigs, rust, and emptiness.

Des Moines Metro, Iowa City, Cedar Rapids (as long as the winds aren't blowing in the wrong direction) are actually pretty awesome towns. After living in Omaha, which is just a bigger quad cities, except more crime, Des Moines, while not paradise, is pretty nice place to live.

• Locked thread