Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm looking for the name of I think it was a French movie made in the 2000s. I seem to recall it being stylistically very similar to Brotherhood of the Wolf, e.g. lots of crappy CGI and weird kung fu poo poo in the 1800s.

I don't remember much about it other than it being a very stylized action noir-ish murder mystery featuring a killer in a mask that looked a lot like this:

It served as the big image on the front cover of the DVD.

Vidocq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm looking for the name of I think it was a French movie made in the 2000s. I seem to recall it being stylistically very similar to Brotherhood of the Wolf, e.g. lots of crappy CGI and weird kung fu poo poo in the 1800s.

I don't remember much about it other than it being a very stylized action noir-ish murder mystery featuring a killer in a mask that looked a lot like this:

It served as the big image on the front cover of the DVD.

Dark Souls 2.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yes, that's it, thank you. I really wanted to like it, but obviously it didn't stand out in my mind as anything noteworthy, as I forgot it even existed until I played Dark Souls 2.

Nailed it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I've seen Vidocq and don't remember a drat thing about it.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Chasing a vague memory of a movie that must have been out in the late 90s, it was something like...

-Super Touchy Feely movie
-Main character is this teenage girl
-Coming of age type story
-Deals with family themes a lot
-The family is in France or Europe for part of the movie?
-They have a maid?
-The Dad dies?

Thanks all.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Movie about three white (likely Italian) petty criminal guys in a large American city. They are generally down on their luck screw ups but also decent guys. They plan to rob an armoured car. The heist predictably goes wrong, and they can't get into the car. Then the old guard in the car has a heart attack and they become much more competent, breaking into the car to get him out and call an ambulance. It turns out that they guard never saw who was trying to rob him and doesn't know it's the same guys who saved him. They get medals, and during the award ceremony they start squabbling.

I thought the name was 'knockaround guys' but that's not the plot of that movie, according to Wikipedia.

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Chasing a vague memory of a movie that must have been out in the late 90s, it was something like...

-Super Touchy Feely movie
-Main character is this teenage girl
-Coming of age type story
-Deals with family themes a lot
-The family is in France or Europe for part of the movie?
-They have a maid?
-The Dad dies?

Thanks all.

Going to take a stab and say A Soldier's Daughter Never Cries

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
It's not a movie, but I'm trying to find a commercial from a while back.

It was a high school hall with lockers. A kid had headphones on and was walking in slow mo, smiles at the end.

The song playing was T Rex.

I want to know what that song was.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I think this must be it. Thanks!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

schwenz posted:

It was a high school hall with lockers. A kid had headphones on and was walking in slow mo, smiles at the end.

I couldn't possibly say without knowing what the commercial was for, but five'll get you ten it was 20th Century Boy, The Slider, We Love To Boogie, Get It On or Ride A White Swan.

Legacyspy
Oct 25, 2008
So there is this movie I saw the trailer of some time back, but I can't remember the name. I figure this should be pretty easy.
So if I recall the plot was something like this drug addict in a hospital spinning this tale to a girl to get the girl to get drugs for him, as a framing device for the rest of movie. The story was some sort of historical adventure fantasy about a multi-ethnic team of people who were sorta caricatures. A Sikh with explosives? A Spanish swordsman? Something like that.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Legacyspy posted:

So there is this movie I saw the trailer of some time back, but I can't remember the name. I figure this should be pretty easy.
So if I recall the plot was something like this drug addict in a hospital spinning this tale to a girl to get the girl to get drugs for him, as a framing device for the rest of movie. The story was some sort of historical adventure fantasy about a multi-ethnic team of people who were sorta caricatures. A Sikh with explosives? A Spanish swordsman? Something like that.

Tarsem Singh's The Fall.

Legacyspy
Oct 25, 2008

ynohtna posted:

Tarsem Singh's The Fall.

Thanks! I was so close, I searched for the The Wall and couldn't find it, so I knew that was wrong.

safe harbor
Jul 18, 2004
EMO AS FUCK
I'm looking for a movie I saw maybe five or six years ago. It was from a Netflix DVD that the girl I was dating at the time had. It was set on a boat that floated through some weird fog. The boat was a smallish sail boat. I remember a scene where some guys and left the drifting boat then came back kinda dazed. The whole movie had a hopeless tone about it. Like the boat was floating in some purgatory.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Triangle

safe harbor
Jul 18, 2004
EMO AS FUCK

No that's not it. It was very Silent Hill-ish and came out a few years before Triangle.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Maybe the second act of Valhalla Rising?

BatsBjorg
Nov 5, 2008

Helluva girl! Shame about that business during the war though ... Now where's my whisky?

schwenz posted:

This was an MTV promo -- I think the late 90s. The song was "20th Century Boy."

e: Found it.

BatsBjorg fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 12, 2014

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Seldom Posts posted:

Movie about three white (likely Italian) petty criminal guys in a large American city. They are generally down on their luck screw ups but also decent guys. They plan to rob an armoured car. The heist predictably goes wrong, and they can't get into the car. Then the old guard in the car has a heart attack and they become much more competent, breaking into the car to get him out and call an ambulance. It turns out that they guard never saw who was trying to rob him and doesn't know it's the same guys who saved him. They get medals, and during the award ceremony they start squabbling.

I thought the name was 'knockaround guys' but that's not the plot of that movie, according to Wikipedia.

Sounds like Palookaville.

I actually took a screenwriting class in college with the guy who wrote this movie.

xzoto1
Jan 18, 2010

How's life in a bigger prison, Dae-su?
The beginning of the film starts at a funeral and all I remember is that an older man (father?) is a pallbearer for his son (I think) and it shows him walking and holding the casket and he crumbles to his knees in a sobbing mess.

This is all I remember. I think the film is no more than several years old. I can't remember anything except the beginning scene.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

BatsBjorg posted:

This was an MTV promo -- I think the late 90s. The song was "20th Century Boy."

e: Found it.

Sweet.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Price Check posted:

Sounds like Palookaville.

I actually took a screenwriting class in college with the guy who wrote this movie.

That's it! Thank you.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This could have been a tv show, not sure. I was 5, so pre 1990. I only remember one scene and I have a pretty good image still in my head.

A little person tackles a man through a window on a skyscraper.

It was daytime.

Sorry.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

xzoto1 posted:

The beginning of the film starts at a funeral and all I remember is that an older man (father?) is a pallbearer for his son (I think) and it shows him walking and holding the casket and he crumbles to his knees in a sobbing mess.

This is all I remember. I think the film is no more than several years old. I can't remember anything except the beginning scene.

World's Greatest Dad? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1262981/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.
I saw the movie a long time ago on TV somewhere. It was in English and all I remember is that there was some kind of evil mansion (I don't *think* it was haunted, it had a more of a freskshow vibe) with a roller coaster that that killed people at the end. Felt like an early/mid 80s film.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Utter Amnesty posted:

I saw the movie a long time ago on TV somewhere. It was in English and all I remember is that there was some kind of evil mansion (I don't *think* it was haunted, it had a more of a freskshow vibe) with a roller coaster that that killed people at the end. Felt like an early/mid 80s film.

Nothing But Trouble. I had to Google it, because I also dimly remember it and constantly misattribute it to The Burbs in my mind.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.

Slugworth posted:

Nothing But Trouble. I had to Google it, because I also dimly remember it and constantly misattribute it to The Burbs in my mind.

Ah, I was wrong about it being the 80s! Thanks so much. It's been in the back of my brain forever! Reading up on it, it's the film that killed Dan Akroyd's career.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This is super vague but for some reason it's been bugging me and I can't find what it was online. I saw the end of some film when I was a kid in the 90s, and it was a mix of live action and animation or rotoscoping. It was a fantasy film because it had a dragon breathing fire, but actually ended as live action with two teenagers, boy and a girl, and it ends with the camera pulling back out of the house. I didn't even see any other parts of it but for some reason its floated back in my memory. I would peg it around the late 80s or something, I saw it on tv.

Final Call
Nov 15, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

This is super vague but for some reason it's been bugging me and I can't find what it was online. I saw the end of some film when I was a kid in the 90s, and it was a mix of live action and animation or rotoscoping. It was a fantasy film because it had a dragon breathing fire, but actually ended as live action with two teenagers, boy and a girl, and it ends with the camera pulling back out of the house. I didn't even see any other parts of it but for some reason its floated back in my memory. I would peg it around the late 80s or something, I saw it on tv.

The ending doesn't really fit your description, but might it be Pete's Dragon? Otherwise this list of live action/animation movies might help you out a bit.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

General Venereal posted:

The ending doesn't really fit your description, but might it be Pete's Dragon? Otherwise this list of live action/animation movies might help you out a bit.

Nah it looked more high school oriented than that. I looked through that list and didn't see it, so it's also very likely I'm misremembering it. Thanks though!

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
There's this massive air raid(?) on a base, but all you can see is anti-aircraft fire going up at night. The characters are taking shelter in a hanger, and this bald dude who looks like Moby (or that Soul Coughing lead) with glasses is looking around, asking questions, looking nervous. I saw this on TV around... 2005 or 2006.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Does anyone remember a movie where a man with a prosthetic arm lights a cigarette by holding the match in his prosthetic hand then using his good arm to move the fake one up to his face?

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Was it from Young Frankenstein?

Edit: This scene? The bit starts 15 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8PLepHKj4k

MrGreenShirt fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 18, 2014

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

MrGreenShirt posted:

Young Frankenstein?
Thanks!

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
This is another really vague one. I saw a movie within the last several months that has a song in it, and I can't remember what film it's in so I can't look it up. I'm pretty sure it was either an indie film or something that's definitely not some huge blockbuster studio picture, it definitely came out within the last few years (or at most within the last 10), and it was a drama or thriller that took place in modern times. The song played over the final scene and end credits, and it was that kind of 80s throwback electro style with a woman singing, like Ladytron or Phantogram or something that would be on the Drive soundtrack, but I checked and Drive wasn't the movie I was thinking of. I doubt anyone can come up with it based on what little I can tell you, but maybe someone's seen the same movie recently and just happens to remember that detail. I thought I'd take a shot in the dark. The only reason I remember it is because I remember looking up the song after hearing it in the movie, but I don't remember what the movie was or who the artist was.

[edit]Found it! I was thinking of the song from the Maniac remake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2_bXdi3CtM

Bonk fucked around with this message at 09:41 on May 18, 2014

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Back when USA Up All Night showed super-softcore skin flick/comedies, one of them was about a team of girls competing in a contest to save the [school/orphanage/beach], in a game show called "Bikini Showdown" (movie was not named Bikini Showdown). I remember it because it had an utterly bizarre POV sex scene from the woman's POV that was played for laughs.

If it helps, this was the Rhonda Schear years, not the Gilbert Gottfried years.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Everblight posted:

Back when USA Up All Night showed super-softcore skin flick/comedies, one of them was about a team of girls competing in a contest to save the [school/orphanage/beach], in a game show called "Bikini Showdown" (movie was not named Bikini Showdown). I remember it because it had an utterly bizarre POV sex scene from the woman's POV that was played for laughs.

If it helps, this was the Rhonda Schear years, not the Gilbert Gottfried years.

Wild Malibu Weekend

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Thank you very much. How were you able to recall that?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
I just googled for game show "bikini showdown"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I watched Up All Night every weekend when I was 12/13 years old always sure that this time I was gonna see some boobies.