Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like what your team did in the draft?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 216 60.34%
No 20 5.59%
lol 65 18.16%
gently caress 38 10.61%
I'm a Skins fan, is something going on right now? 19 5.31%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Easily the worst part about last night was Mike Mayock getting fed the incoming draft picks and then pretending his prescient knowledge of football was leading him to pair players to teams. Once he name dropped Mosely with Dix still on the board I knew I was hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Doltos posted:

Coaches go gaga over guys that "make football plays". Like every team has role players but the ones who go up and get INTs, fumbles, contested catches, crazy scrambles, etc, they pop boners over.

I just hate when they do it to a highlight video. Like of loving course every play in that video is going to look exceptional.

You, Rap, and RD sure are trying hard.

Unless you're Lewan in which case they'll show highlights of you fouling all over the place.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Can we go back to laughing at the jaguars taking bortles third

That's fun

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Dennard is going to be just fine, physical corners can still exist in the NFL yall.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Easily the worst part about last night was Mike Mayock getting fed the incoming draft picks and then pretending his prescient knowledge of football was leading him to pair players to teams. Once he name dropped Mosely with Dix still on the board I knew I was hosed.
It was pretty bad when Berman said "You know the owner of the Texans is from South Carolina..."

I was like "so that's how it's gonna be, fucker"

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Roasted Donut posted:

This is extremely silly. Dennard is the best CB in the draft and could assuredly learn to play in the zone, and even if not, they usually have one corner (typically Ike) playing more man to man anyways so he'd slide right in in that role

That's fair, and you're probably right. I still think our front seven needed addressing, and Shazier will be amazing for that. It kind of reminded me of the LeVeon Bell pick. I hated that at first, but man I love it now. I'm confident Shazier will be a playmaker soon. If not then we'll take IFO with our early draft pick next year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Patriots scouting report on Johnny Football was leaked:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It was really obviously too, he'd listen to something in his headset and then change whatever they were talking to.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Militree posted:

That's fair, and you're probably right. I still think our front seven needed addressing, and Shazier will be amazing for that. It kind of reminded me of the LeVeon Bell pick. I hated that at first, but man I love it now. I'm confident Shazier will be a playmaker soon. If not then we'll take IFO with our early draft pick next year.

Shazier is a perfectly fine pick. I thought they were going CB or WR for sure but Shazier was great value. Shoots the gap like a mother fucker and is rangy too.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
Doltos! Explain the Ward pick by the 49ers to me, and tell me if it is evil genius or raving insanity from my beloved team.

Also explain to me what the 49ers will likely do with their roughly sixty-seven million 2nd round picks. How many are we keeping, and for what purposes are we keeping them?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
"Alignment: QB"

hahaha

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
"outlaw bloodlines"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

In case there was ever any doubt that football isn't just nerdy as all gently caress.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
BroBible breaking all the scoops.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Lessail posted:

"Alignment: QB"

hahaha

It could be worse, they could have had it as "Class".

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Magnitogorsk. posted:

Is it just me or was Ray Lewis unbelievably awful last night? I mean, I expected him to be terrible and just spout cliches and platitudes nonstop, but usually ex-player broadcasters do that with enough charisma and confidence to at least sound like they are saying something interesting. You could tell he was struggling to think of things to say and was just awkwardly stumbling all over himself all night. Maybe it's because I was really high but it was one of the more awkward things I've seen on TV and I felt embarrassed for him half the time.

He name dropped my high school since kyle fuller went there (as did Ray Lewis's little brother, while I was attending actually). So that was cool.

But I remember Ray Lewis at our HS homecoming game cheering his brother on and having his private security force poo poo on all the bright eyed students who just wanted to meet him. So gently caress Ray Lewis

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kalli posted:

Won the motherfucking Heisman only knowing 60% of the plays and never watching film or working out, what a boss.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kalli posted:

In case there was ever any doubt that football isn't just nerdy as all gently caress.

That really reads like someone's Pen and Paper football RPG profile.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MourningView posted:

Won the motherfucking Heisman only knowing 60% of the plays and never watching film or working out, what a boss.

You can do that in college, not in the NFL.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If it's real, there's no way it wasn't leaked by a jaded-as-gently caress Mike Lombardi.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
'comes from "outlaw bloodlines"', that is fantastic

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Being a Bears fan is so much fun this time of year

Drinking the tears of your fanbase on an annual basis probably isn't healthy but drat is it great

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ok I didn't have cable last night and was getting updated through my phone. I hate women and the monopoly that is modern television.

Anyways, what's the break down? I know about the Bills trade that made me laugh non stop.

But what can I expect from this Friday Draft? Lots of WRs?!?

Also LOL Bortles at 3..... And drat Teddy you fell hard. Also every Texan fan hates the Vikings right now.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Wow that scouting report is kinda cool to read. Surprised it got leaked from the pats. Five Aces is probably firing someone as we speak.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Comes from outlaw bloodlines

Buy Red Dead Redemption 2, this June!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mcmagic posted:

You can't, because you are not Johnny Godamn Motherfucking Football

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

"Will never take football seriously enough for our staff."

Nerds.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
Doltos, considering your dumb opinions on actual NFL players, why should anyone care about your guesses at how college players will work out in the NFL?

(it's cause he acts confident about it, fake it til you make it 4ever)

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

:laffo:

@MaryKayCabot
#Browns Manziel on if he'll try to lure LeBron James back to Cleveland: (smiling) "I don't think I can do that.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

mcmagic posted:

Well it is a college award.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Other notes:

All grades are on 1-9 scale except for injury I think which is treated like THACO.

Type: Z means he's short, B would mean he's underweight, S for Slow and I for Clean.

Alerts: c for Character, H for Height, U for Knowledge,
l for Low level of competition, W for issues maintaining weight, etc

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Turns out Johnny's less shredded than Edelman but got those swole thighs

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

MourningView posted:

He's either going to be the next Brett Farve or the next Ryan Leaf.

Either way it's going to be fun to watch.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Better than Tebow seems kind of like a damning with faint praise type of compliment.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

FuzzySkinner posted:

He's either going to be the next Brett Farve or the next Ryan Leaf.

Either way it's going to be fun to watch.

Yup. Maybe we'll get some Brown's prime time games out of it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Simplex posted:

Better than Tebow seems kind of like a damning with faint praise type of compliment.

He's also better than Future Pro Bowler Brian Hoyer!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Simplex posted:

Or a way to shut Josh McDaniels up.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kalli posted:

God poo poo like this is so cool. I like how they track exposures instead of games he did well in. I wish I could get scouting reports from real scouting departments all the time.

GenHavoc posted:

Doltos! Explain the Ward pick by the 49ers to me, and tell me if it is evil genius or raving insanity from my beloved team.

Also explain to me what the 49ers will likely do with their roughly sixty-seven million 2nd round picks. How many are we keeping, and for what purposes are we keeping them?

Looks like they reached a bit on Ward as he was slotted in the late second round due to his, but I don't blame them after Bucannon got taken off the board. Lit it up in senior bowl practices and is a kind of do it all safety. Makes sense for a Harbaugh defense.

Likely what they'll do next is either trade picks to move up or start drafting players for guys who look like eventual cap casualties.

Gerty posted:

Doltos, considering your dumb opinions on actual NFL players, why should anyone care about your guesses at how college players will work out in the NFL?

(it's cause he acts confident about it, fake it til you make it 4ever)

God I love how I can be enthusiastic about something I'm really interested in and like to do.

Doltos fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 9, 2014

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Johnny Manziel comes from a rich background and didn't live in semi-poverty when he was in college, red flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Big money family with outlaw bloodlines.

Things I would not expect to find in a scouting report.

• Locked thread