Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like what your team did in the draft?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 216 60.34%
No 20 5.59%
lol 65 18.16%
gently caress 38 10.61%
I'm a Skins fan, is something going on right now? 19 5.31%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Quest For Glory II posted:

Instead of just looking at the drop rate you should look at the game reels and determine WHY his drop rate is that high, and then you'll have a better understanding of why he sucks

Can you gives us a rundown for the lazy? I hadn't heard anything bad about him before you guys started railing on him yesterday, but admittedly I don't read much draft player analysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

MourningView posted:

and y'all wonder why i'm always mad about the current state of the forum

Ugh MV jealousy is such a black person color on you

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kirios posted:

Cordarelle Patterson is going to be such a stud in the NFL. Hopkins is great and all...but man, he's got Randy Moss level of potential.

Patterson is not anything near as skilled of a ballcatcher as Moss was and hasn't shown himself to be the kind of redzone threat Moss was either.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Donny J posted:

A lot of scouts and writers raved about Clinton-Dix though, especially with the responsibility Saban put on him last year. Darren Perry (safeties coach) was also really impressed when he interviewed him, especially in terms of talking through plays on video/the chalkboard, and Thompson himself was pretty pleased with the pick.

FWIW I watched a few of his cutups, he didn't make a ton of big-time impact plays, but with the exception of getting boxed out by Evans in the A&M game (who did that to everybody), and getting beat on a perfectly thrown out-route while playing with inside leverage against OU in the bowl game, he wasn't really tested all that much because his positioning was generally quite good.

He was especially nice on flipping his hips and running with receivers on the post (multiple times against A&M and OU especially) he was able to drive on those routes and prevent the QB from even trying to throw that pass. A safety who could make just that one drat play would have saved about 3 or 4 touchdowns and a host of chunk plays last year for the Packers.

Oh yeah then, the AJ Hawk of safeties.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

waah posted:

I dunno I figured if I got him talking about Michael Sam he'd say something dumb and be probated again by now or hilarity would ensue.

That's rude that you think that way. I was nothing but supportive when the news broke and the only opinion I had on the matter was of him as a football player and only a football player.

Alter Ego posted:

Doltos, how should I feel about the Patriots taking Dominique Easley at 29? Is this gonna be another Tavon Wilson situation?

I'm uneasy about Easley's injuries. He lost a bit of a step last year but he got more defeats so I dunno. He'd be a good fit as a 3-4 DE anyway.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Ugh. Dolphins. Reached for need when they could've traded down or taken a risk. A mediocre player to flesh out our mediocre team. 8-8 ho!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
If we could somehow draft Chris Borland and Weston Richburg tonight I'd be very very happy with Ted even after drafting AJ Hawk, S.

Also, Vic can dish it out, but he can also take his licks like a man: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/nfl-draft/article-1/Congratulations-Packers-fans-you-were-right/a5252d55-f6b5-4406-b693-d383898bd331

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
As a Colts fan do I curse Johnny Football because they used that pick to get the pick, or do I curse Marcus Smith because the Eagles ended up with that pick?

I'd like to know who I can go "We got loving Trent Richardson and X team got Y"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Patterson was my chosen one from last years draft. I thought he was a strong possibility for Miami so I went nuts and watched every snap He took.

In no way does he play like randy moss. Except maybe he's fast. That's it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Chargers drafted another Raiders fan

Keenan Allen worked out well...

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Rap posted:

Wait we really are treating Daltos as an expert :Wee-Beystare.gif:

lmao

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Hey, Parm?

I just want to thank you in advance for the amazing day the 49ers are about to have.

You're too good to us, man.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
i'm still mad that the steelers drafted a crappy tiny depth pick from the ohio state university in the first round in the year of our lord 2014

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Coldforge posted:

Hey, Parm?

I just want to thank you in advance for the amazing day the 49ers are about to have.

You're too good to us, man.

You should thank us. You should thank us for another decade or so.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Roasted Donut posted:

i'm still mad that the steelers drafted a crappy tiny depth pick from the ohio state university in the first round in the year of our lord 2014

The Lions drafted a tight end that can't catch or block.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It just occurred to me that Baltimore essentially passed over Kenan Allen to draft Arthur Brown. Now they have drafted C.J. Mosely to steal snaps away from Brown months after signing Daryl Smith to a four year deal.

If we gently caress up today I'm going to be really quite sad.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

bad drafting owns

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Detroit_Dogg posted:

They took him to act as a seam mismatch to complement Megatron. There will be less strong safety help against him with Ebron running downfield. Wasn't that bad of a pick.

Either way RD is wrong about Shazier too, as he's wrong about 99% of his draft opinions while he's doing that stupid fyad schtick.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Brannock posted:

Oh yeah then, the AJ Hawk of safeties.

There's are worse things than 8 years of mediocre but healthy linebacker play.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Roasted Donut posted:

Steelers select a LB with major question marks with their first for the second straight season. Steelers already crowned instant draft winners for the (x+1)th season.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I watched Ebron's highlights and most of his crazy catches came from terrible throws.

Stafford is just gonna over throw him anyways.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Anything but a Rutgers player or Quarterback.

Let's see what's on the list for Belichick.

✓ Florida Gator
⓿ Rutgers Man
⓿ Project Wide Receiver
⓿ Slow Linebacker
⓿ Depth Guard/Tackle
⓿ Project Cornerback Who Only Plays Special Teams
⓿ Late Round Running Back That Becomes Starter
⓿ Safety That Would Have Gone Undrafted

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kalli posted:

Anything but a Rutgers player or Quarterback.

Gary Nova will be the next Pats QB after Brady. You heard it here first.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Doltos posted:

They took him to act as a seam mismatch to complement Megatron. There will be less strong safety help against him with Ebron running downfield. Wasn't that bad of a pick.

He's a physical specimen, but he drops a ton of passes and can't block. Like it'll be cool if he ends up being Jimmy Graham or whatever but I don't think that's going to happen.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

Big shoutout to the Steelers.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Baltimoreravens.com posted:

In the past five years, nine Alabama defenders have been taken in the first round of the NFL draft.

The list is Mosley, safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, cornerback Dee Milliner, safety Mark Barron, cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick, linebacker Dont’a Hightower, defensive end Marcell Dareus, linebacker Rolando McClain and cornerback Kareem Jackson.

For the Ravens alone you can add Courtney Upshaw and Terrance Cody from the second round. That is an awful list.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Danny LaFever posted:

I watched Ebron's highlights and most of his crazy catches came from terrible throws.

Stafford is just gonna over throw him anyways.

Maybe Caldwell can fix Stafford. That's probably the most important thing that can happen this offseason.

And Jimmy Graham never blocks, so I'll be foolishly optimistic for a few months longer.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Repeat: Don't draft Alabama defenders.

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
Is it just me or was Ray Lewis unbelievably awful last night? I mean, I expected him to be terrible and just spout cliches and platitudes nonstop, but usually ex-player broadcasters do that with enough charisma and confidence to at least sound like they are saying something interesting. You could tell he was struggling to think of things to say and was just awkwardly stumbling all over himself all night. Maybe it's because I was really high but it was one of the more awkward things I've seen on TV and I felt embarrassed for him half the time.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Magnitogorsk. posted:

Is it just me or was Ray Lewis unbelievably awful last night? I mean, I expected him to be terrible and just spout cliches and platitudes nonstop, but usually ex-player broadcasters do that with enough charisma and confidence to at least sound like they are saying something interesting. You could tell he was struggling to think of things to say and was just awkwardly stumbling all over himself all night. Maybe it's because I was really high but it was one of the more awkward things I've seen on TV and I felt embarrassed for him half the time.

He murdered two people.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Parmesan Basil posted:

He murdered two people.

Yeah dawg, you better be quiet or he will murder you too.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Roasted Donut posted:

I know I won't change your mind but this pick was 10 times better than Dennard who can't play in the Steelers scheme and will just dissapoint and pull a lot of flags. I know rookies don't usually start in the Steelers D, but Timmons, Shazier Jones, and Worilds are going to be an awesome group of linebackers. If we shore up our D-Line with Tuitt, Hageman, or even Nix I will be so happy with this draft. Mitchell and Polamalu need a strong front seven.

e: Shazier will also take pressure off of Allen and whatever scrub we pick up for the other CB.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 9, 2014

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Parmesan Basil posted:

He murdered two people.

I thought he just watched them be murdered and did nothing about it. Which somehow seems worse.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He's a physical specimen, but he drops a ton of passes and can't block. Like it'll be cool if he ends up being Jimmy Graham or whatever but I don't think that's going to happen.

Honestly I started all that Ebron hate on these forums mainly because I didn't want the Giants taking him because I wanted them to focus on getting a TE later in the draft.

His drop rate is high according to that rotoworld analytic, that's true, but there's a difference between can't block and wasn't asked to block. Ebron was definitely in the latter category. I think out of the remaining receivers available once Mike Evans got taken, Ebron was the most physically gifted, at least if you exclude ASJ, Benjamin, and Logan Thomas. I'd rather they have taken a WR, but whatever, it looks like he'll fit Detroit's offense.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

PrinceRandom posted:

Repeat: Don't draft Alabama defenders.

Where were you yesterday you son of a bitch!!!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Magnitogorsk. posted:

"I'm gonna tell you right now, this kid is a FOOTBALL PLAYER."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

"I'm gonna tell you right now, this kid is a FOOTBALL PLAYER."

The one that got me last night was Gruden happily proclaiming 'THOSE WERE SOME FOOTBALL PLAYS' after showing some highlights of one of the mid-1st picks.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Doltos posted:

Honestly I started all that Ebron hate on these forums mainly because I didn't want the Giants taking him because I wanted them to focus on getting a TE later in the draft.

Dude that poo poo is in like literally every scouting report of him, you did not start anything.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kalli posted:

The one that got me last night was Gruden happily proclaiming 'THOSE WERE SOME FOOTBALL PLAYS' after showing some highlights of one of the mid-1st picks.

Coaches go gaga over guys that "make football plays". Like every team has role players but the ones who go up and get INTs, fumbles, contested catches, crazy scrambles, etc, they pop boners over.

I just hate when they do it to a highlight video. Like of loving course every play in that video is going to look exceptional.

MourningView posted:

Dude that poo poo is in like literally every scouting report of him, you did not start anything.

You, Rap, and RD sure are trying hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Militree posted:

I know I won't change your mind but this pick was 10 times better than Dennard who can't play in the Steelers scheme

This is extremely silly. Dennard is the best CB in the draft and could assuredly learn to play in the zone, and even if not, they usually have one corner (typically Ike) playing more man to man anyways so he'd slide right in in that role

• Locked thread