Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

Honestly, while I mostly enjoyed it, I felt like the whole format was a but awkward - as if it was lacking something. I feel like there needs to be another personality. Kind of like a Conan/Richter thing. Tonally, it felt really close to the Bugle, though I just felt it lacked a little. Just hire Andy to come sit on a couch and make puns every episode.

He could just do a 30 minute pun run in a box in the corner of the screen, while the show goes on otherwise unchanged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Mordiceius posted:

Honestly, while I mostly enjoyed it, I felt like the whole format was a but awkward - as if it was lacking something. I feel like there needs to be another personality. Kind of like a Conan/Richter thing. Tonally, it felt really close to the Bugle, though I just felt it lacked a little. Just hire Andy to come sit on a couch and make puns every episode.

No, better. Get him one of those telepresence robots and patch him in via Skype. With Ferguson leaving we need more robots in the talk show circuit, and Andy is just the person to fill that human-hating, logic-driven void.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

WoG posted:

He could just do a 30 minute pun run in a box in the corner of the screen, while the show goes on otherwise unchanged.

A pun based sign language assistant perhaps?

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Heners_UK posted:

A pun based sign language assistant perhaps?

There would be so much bird-flipping.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

404GoonNotFound posted:

No, better. Get him one of those telepresence robots and patch him in via Skype. With Ferguson leaving we need more robots in the talk show circuit, and Andy is just the person to fill that human-hating, logic-driven void.

One word. Holograms.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

WoG posted:

He should have a pun bell.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

PassTheRemote posted:

One word. Holograms.

Which sings Shorty Wanna Be A Thug.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I'm so glad that the Bin Laden fuckulogy was included in the archive episode :allears:.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The Tora Bora Law Ignorer. I NEVER fail to laugh at that one.

Armourking
Dec 16, 2004

Step off!
Step off!

Thursday recordings for now, so we'll get a new Bugle sometime today/tomorrow, hurrah!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Mt. gently caress You Chris.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Let this happen for Andy's sake...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ns-9345626.html

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
There was an uncensored "gently caress" in Andy's weird food bit. Chris you've failed us!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
It's been known to happen. I listened through the whole archive from the start and caught one instance of it coming through during an episode where John was on the phone or a bad line that was noticeable.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

John got a taste of those sweet, uncensored fucks on HBO and now there's no going back.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

John got a taste of those sweet, uncensored fucks on HBO and now there's no going back.

Plus the most recent episode of "Last Week Tonight" featured Mitch McConnell as a penis. Now if he would just feature a jet ski or talk about Q-Unit, it would be that just more a visual newspaper for a visual world.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
Andy talks world cup football:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...am-9419957.html

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Trickle Up Austerity is one of the best phrases I have hear in a while.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Here's John on TMZ (don't know if this was on tv or not) referenced in the most recent pod, with one part of the interview edited out. Try and guess which one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMwJkyzXv8k

James Dente
Nov 29, 2003
Awful Things Ate My Head
Wow. Having never seen any TMZ clips before, I'd assumed it had such a terrible reputation merely for it's doorstepping of worthylessly-mainstream celebrities - I didn't realise there was that whole "contrived reality show-style newsroom conversation" tacked onto it as well. Even that vacant-looking woman sitting next to the fat guy who speaks looks utterly bored and depressed by what's going on around her.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Terrible news, fellow Buglers: The Bugle is going on a break until September.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Well, poo poo. :(

I'm not mad at them, because I know I'd be unlikely to have lots of time for a podcast if I were in John's position. I just wish I could get more out of these guys.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I just hope it doesn't mean the end of The Bugle :(

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

They were prepared for Murdoch to shut them down and they even came up with a plan to avoid complete financial ruin. But they never planned for success.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

birdlaw posted:

They were prepared for Murdoch to shut them down and they even came up with a plan to avoid complete financial ruin. But they never planned for success.

I think we all know who is to blame.

gently caress YOU CHRIS!

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

GrandpaPants posted:

Hopefully John will pull through. This also gives Andy time for Edinburgh.

I'm actually more worried it will hit subscription numbers.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I've always assumed the subscription number was 0 and they just kept on out of hope, habit and John's income and that of Andy's wife.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I really want to know what John and Andy think about England getting their asses handed to them in the World Cup.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mordiceius posted:

I really want to know what John and Andy think about England getting their asses handed to them in the World Cup.

I am sure that John is going to mention it this week.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
Finally, the stage is clear for me to pitch my Benny Waffle/Mickey Paintbrush buddy cop movie.

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
It seems somehow natural that the Bugle has essentially come to Andy just saying "look, we aren't giving you anything, but keep giving us money." Of course, that has been the spirit of the show all along, but still.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

What the hell the Bugle is pretty much my only source of news about sporting events taking place outside of the US :argh:

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Sad news :(

Well deserved, but still sad. I really hope they can find a way to fit the Bugle into John's busy schedule.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Mordiceius posted:

The Bugle posted:

Manager Hodgson explains England's World Cup defeat. "The lads had heard The Bugle is taking a break until September. They were distraught."

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

birdlaw posted:

Ain't that the truth.

Good luck, Andy. Good luck, Chris.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Fix posted:

Ain't that the truth.

Good luck, Andy. gently caress you, Chris.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Fuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk [you Chris]

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

And here I'd just recently signed up for my voluntarosubscription and everything.

It's on hiatus for the World Cup, but you can sometimes catch Zaltor the Magnificent on 7 Day Sunday (where he crams 5 minutes of material into "Andy Zaltzman's 90 Seconds of Sport") and he has been shooting little bits for the Guardian about football now and then.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Andy was the guest on Stuart Goldsmith's Comedian's Comedian Podcast this week. It's good. He talks about his comedic processes, what exactly is 'bullshit', and about how John is a luck bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

I like to think that the T-shirt gun John fired on his show the other day was in homage to the Bugle.

• Locked thread