Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Is it bad that I actually feel like spending money on this just to pose my MP Prowl behind it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Arsenal_12 posted:

Is it bad that I actually feel like spending money on this just to pose my MP Prowl behind it?
I kind of want to get one and put a miniature Monopoly set on it, it really seems like the most appropriate thing to put on a table that's about to get flipped.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

All the deluxe Dinobots look legit amazing- I can't believe I'm excited for movie toys. They really tightened up the designs on these guys though; the simplified visor heads make everything look so much cleaner, and rather than masses of pulleys and shards or whatever, they're made of pretty sensible looking armor plates. If I didn't know they were attached to a Bay movie I'd swear they were Generations figures.

I kind of feel like I'll need a Grimlock to go with the others, and I really like the design (not very Grimlock-ey, but it's not bad on its own), but all the toys look kind of bad. The Voyager in particular looks pretty terrible with that comical mace tail, but I'm not sure about the Leader one.

Also, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JRV71DC

lol, Scone.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think the voyager looks way better than the leader in Grimlock's case, but I wouldn't be surprised if they make another figure later like they did with BH Predaking. Same for the rumored (and almost confirmed by the designers) voyager Prime with the new truck altmode. I have to say that Leader Prime actually looks pretty fun, giant backpack or not. At the very least he's way better than the first edition one.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I really am going to have to buy those Dinobots, aren't I. These are exactly the perfect sort of compromise between normal Transformers and the movie's pile of scrap style. They're detailed head to toe but not unreasonably so.

Man, the way that spiny fin splits and becomes a pair of wing or vernier-like fins on the back of the knight-bot is really inspired.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Blackheart posted:

I think the voyager looks way better than the leader in Grimlock's case, but I wouldn't be surprised if they make another figure later like they did with BH Predaking. Same for the rumored (and almost confirmed by the designers) voyager Prime with the new truck altmode. I have to say that Leader Prime actually looks pretty fun, giant backpack or not. At the very least he's way better than the first edition one.

Yeah, the new leader Prime looks a lot better than the First Edition one by far. They're probably the same figure, but Leader Prime at least has less of a giant chrome chest, and it overall just looks a hell of a lot nicer.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They're completely different figures, in fact the Leader is quite a bit shorter.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Blackheart posted:

They're completely different figures, in fact the Leader is quite a bit shorter.

Oh really? I would have figured that they would have reused the First Edition mold for the Leader figure. Certainly not complaining though.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
First Editions get their own molds, if TF Prime is any indication.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Take a look at this Baltmatrix video on YouTube that compares the two side by side briefly.

http://youtu.be/3rbPx6ZSV0A

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Wow, that Leader is tiny. I didn't expect the difference to be that pronounced.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Swerve, Cosmos, Whirl and Rhinox decided to show up at my local Target. And a crate of movie Construct-a-Bots.

I guess the dino riders look okay and less gangly in both modes, the actual dino's look okay and I think the Constuct-a-Bot Grimlock actually looks better than the real movie toy ones. The armored bots look okay too, I guess.

Whatever. Got a Whirl. And a Rhinox.

EDIT: Holy crap the stickers on Whirl. I'm no good at this anymore. I barely got the stickers on G2 Sideswipe properly, and they were much larger than this monster.

Rhinox's hips and knees seem fine so far.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 11, 2014

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

strangehamster posted:

Take a look at this Baltmatrix video on YouTube that compares the two side by side briefly.

http://youtu.be/3rbPx6ZSV0A

The transformation back to robot mode is totally worth watching the whole thing. Holy poo poo.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Anora posted:

The transformation back to robot mode is totally worth watching the whole thing. Holy poo poo.

After taking faces all the time, Optimus discovers there is only one face left: his own.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 06:55 on May 11, 2014

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Leader Prime would be a lot better if they'd allowed his backpack to split into a couple articulated plates like BH Magnus.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Anora posted:

The head flying off like that is the best part of the whole video.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Arsenal_12 posted:

The head flying off like that is the best part of the whole video.

That reminds me, TJOmega once modified a Beast Wars Waspinator to put the head on a missile launcher and spring-launch it at will while still being fully transformable.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

I suddenly had this mental picture of Optimus riding Grimlock as he spews fire; Optimus screaming about taking faces as he throws his own severed head at people. Sort of like a Cybertronian version of The Headless Horseman.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Well, speak of the devil and he doth appear. Went by my local Target again today, and not only had they reduced BH Leader Optimus to $20, but they had both AoE Leader figures. I impulse bought all three.

As lovely as AoE Leader Optimus looks, he's actually really cool. What kind of sealed the deal for me was that, underneath the truck, there's a little loop to store his sword- in robot mode, you can fold it out so that he can wear it on his back. That's too cool. The chrome, surprisingly, does not look like poo poo. I have to say, though: Semi Truck Optimus always looks silly without a trailer. At least his Cybertronian modes from the games and Beast Hunter's Battle Truck are good stand-alone modes. Grimlock.... eh. His robot mode is great, but his beast mode is pretty rough; basically half the figure is his mace and shield. Both these guys are overpriced as hell, though. They don't feel much better than most Voyagers.

Edit: Forgot to mention that AOE Optimus's head is really, really great looking - and it's got a faceplate!. If they'd used this head on that Evasion Prime I'd buy him.

ForeverSmug fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 11, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, he really looks fun and surprisingly decent. His major weakness is that unsightly backpack, all it needed to do was to fold up at least one more time, or like someone said earlier at least separate into individual, somewhat posable back kibble.

I can't wait for those to show up here (assuming they don't decide to only bring the 1-step toys) so I can pick up Scorn and Slug, and then maybe Crosshairs later.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'd modify the head so that it rocketed off into the sky every time I activated the automorph.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
No wonder he's always after faces if he can't keep track of his own.

Is a masterpiece Skywarp for not a kidney an impossible dream at this point?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Cassa posted:

No wonder he's always after faces if he can't keep track of his own.

Is a masterpiece Skywarp for not a kidney an impossible dream at this point?

It's pretty easy to find an MP Skywarp for under $100. They really made too many of the US version of that.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Keldroc posted:

It's pretty easy to find an MP Skywarp for under $100. They really made too many of the US version of that.

Really? Guess I'll have to find someone who will ship one to Aus.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Domestic and Import AoE stuff is up for preorder at BBTS, no surprises beyond there being no pics of deluxe Lockdown, deluxe wave 2.5 set uses the quick changer as a place holder. You also can't buy Voyager Hound without getting Galavatron right now since Hound is one per case to Galvie's two so he's only sold as part of a set, odds are that'll change, you all know how this goes.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Galvatron is going to be the shelfwarmer to end all shelfwarmers if that piece of crap is coming two per case.

Also, only two Decepticons in the whole line?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Are we getting "Stinger" too I guess? (who has a really Waspinator-ish face, by the way)

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I looked at the Cybertron Monday website a couple of times, Deluxe/Voyager/Leaders are $17/$27/$45 at Amazon and $15/$25/$45 at Target, KMart, TRU, HTS, and Wal*Mart. Toys"R"Us has a lower price than Amazon, these must be the endtimes. (excludes taxes and shipping fees yes I know Amazon Prime etc)

If you like the leaders you can order from Wal*Mart and get a free deluxe.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-Age-of-Extinction-Generations-Leader-Figure-with-Bonus-Deluxe-Figure/36575575

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 12, 2014

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I do really like there being a non-optimus semi.

Hound still looks pretty good too. I love the robo-beard and arsenal.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Huh, wave 2 stuff is available too?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Blackheart posted:

Huh, wave 2 stuff is available too?

It looks like the 2nd wave of Voyagers are available at HTS and BBTS, but the 2nd wave of Deluxes are pre-orders for next month.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Hopefully they'll let you do the bundle in-store as well because I always like getting the figures that way.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So apparently Sky-Byte is shortpacked but there's 2 roadbusters and yet another case slot for Springer.

Why not just two Sky-bytes and two roadbusters?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

So apparently Sky-Byte is shortpacked but there's 2 roadbusters and yet another case slot for Springer.

Why not just two Sky-bytes and two roadbusters?

Because 4000 Springers per shelf is required by law

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The idea is if you jam enough of them on the shelves they'll spring off by themselves!

(Hasbro distro is so loving weird)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Springer is a fantastic toy and Hasbro knows it, so they're trying to get him into as many homes as possible. It's very nearly the "ideal" Voyager-class Transformer - lots of cool gimmicks, highly posable, intuitive but fairly engrossing transformation, and an excellent sculpt.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

Springer is a fantastic toy and Hasbro knows it, so they're trying to get him into as many homes as possible. It's very nearly the "ideal" Voyager-class Transformer - lots of cool gimmicks, highly posable, intuitive but fairly engrossing transformation, and an excellent sculpt.

I'm not saying Springer isn't an amazing figure, but at this point you think they'd include Doubledealer or someone else who got didn't see much distribution.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Stopped by Walmart, got Bumblebee and Crosshairs. I want Evasion Optimus but I'll wait for the blinged-out two-pack, especially since Grimlock looks a lot cooler in person.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I snagged that Beast Hunters Cryotek for 14 bucks. Now I've got all three versions of Cryotek.

I still wonder why generations still hasn't gotten a wider variety of figures like this, everything has been pretty much vehicles but they need some monsters and weird poo poo because those were a big part of g1 transformers too. Hell beast hunters had a real deal Huffer figure and it was the second Huffer figure released within recent lines.

I'm still hoping for proper g1 dinobots who are not grimlock under non-movie Generations.

Maybe it will change with the Brainstorm wave? I know we're supposed to be getting like 70 something figures this year so there's still a good amount of slots left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wow these new small-print instructions with the AoE Generations toys are useless. They're just too drat hard to read, or maybe I'm just getting old or some poo poo; I just turned 30 on Sunday. :corsair:

Bumblebee is cooler than I thought he'd be - his transformation is surprisingly intuitive without being a total rehash of prior Bumblebees. He's a little spindly and hollow in bot mode, but his vehicle mode is classy as heck (if a little small, but that's pretty par for the course for modern Hasbro).

Crosshairs is neat, but I haven't figured out how to get his arm panels to line up right for vehicle mode yet. I'm doing something wrong, and the instructions are not helpful.