Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Dusseldorf posted:

Literally pissed hot last week.

Everyoe pisses hot

You piss cold you dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

swizz posted:

I think you are right that his Dad literally got a rap deal from Luther Campbell

He was committed to USC for a bit I think so it might have been Snoop, but a rap deal definitely happened.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Everyoe pisses hot

You piss cold you dead

Well figuratively pissed hot literally last week.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Caste Football legend Vinny Sunseri to the Saints

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
drafting vinne sunseri lmfao

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

AJ McCarron was a good college player who was wildly overrated by the general public and gets wildly underrated here as a result. He was way better than the typical Alabama caretaker QB. He can be a decent backup.

He's also apparently enough of a jerk that NFL front offices dislike him. Which I find difficult to believe is even possible.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

MourningView posted:

AJ McCarron was a good college player who was wildly overrated by the general public and gets wildly underrated here as a result. He was way better than the typical Alabama caretaker QB. He can be a decent backup.
This has basically been my opinion forever. Greg McElroy and Brodie Croyle both made NFL rosters, McCarron can too and he'll stick for longer

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MourningView posted:

He was committed to USC for a bit I think so it might have been Snoop, but a rap deal definitely happened.

What are the NCAA rules on that? That doesn't seem that different than boosters giving someone's parents a bag of money for committing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

MourningView posted:

Both McCarron and Murray are long-term backups basically, though I think its funny that fans of both teams actually think either is going to start this year

Their selections in the 5th round cement Dalton and Smith in Cincinatti and KC for the next 5 years

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
connor shaw just wins games

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

He's also apparently enough of a jerk that NFL front offices dislike him. Which I find difficult to believe is even possible.

Probably arrogant as hell.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Both McCarron and Murray are long-term backups basically, though I think its funny that fans of both teams actually think either is going to start this year

Don't judge all of us by Parmesan Basil.

Their selections in the 5th round cement Dalton and Smith in Cincinatti and KC for the next 5 years

Although this does terrify me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Another Saints pick with injury issues?

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
what the gently caress is a vinny sunseri

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I mean it's practically collusion between the two teams, considering both their QBs need a long term deal, both their fanbases are breathing down their necks wanting a new starter, neither team wants a new starter, both QBs will have similar contract extensions in the $15M/yr range

And now they pick, one after the other, backup QBs to cement their starters in place

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Just saw that the Texans got Savage'd.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Ordinaire posted:

what the gently caress is a vinny sunseri

he's intensely bad, as are all sunseris

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
lol the Falcons traded up for a special teams body

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
What does AJ McCarron do that makes him a jerk? I don't really follow draft news. I saw a couple of interviews when he was in college and he just seemed like a doofus.

I don't profess to be a draft expert, but I thought they would take Murray instead of McCarron. Either way, we can lock Dalton in for five more yea-:suicide:

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

MonsterWalk posted:

Just saw that the Texans got Savage'd.

Honestly? Better than trading for Mallett.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ribsauce posted:

Either way, we can lock Dalton in for five more yea-:suicide:

Wait what's wrong with Dalton?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ComposerGuy posted:

Honestly? Better than trading for Mallett.

Ryan Mallet was at least good in college.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Ribsauce posted:

What does AJ McCarron do that makes him a jerk? I don't really follow draft news. I saw a couple of interviews when he was in college and he just seemed like a doofus.

I don't profess to be a draft expert, but I thought they would take Murray instead of McCarron. Either way, we can lock Dalton in for five more yea-:suicide:

Nobody has come out and say exactly what he said but it was something along the lines of just being kinda cocky. The talking heads kept referring some sort of reality show his gf/fiance is doing which could be a negative.

He also skipped the Pro Bowl.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Roasted Donut posted:

he's intensely bad, as are all sunseris

I just looked up the names of the entire Sunseri family and goddamn its like a Sorpranos cast

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Dusseldorf posted:

Not a winner. Unlike McCarron.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Flacco
Roethlisberger
Dalton
Manziel
Vince loving Young
McCarron

This division's hilarious, you all must admit

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Ribsauce posted:

NFL GM: What would you say is your greatest weakness?

AJ McCarron: I'd have to probably say honesty

NFL GM: Well, I wouldn't consider that to be a weakness

AJ McCarron: I don't give a gently caress what you think

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I think Murray can be better than that in theory but probably won't be.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Literally one KC fan wants or thinks Murray will be/should be the starter.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Blitz7x posted:

NFL GM: What would you say is your greatest weakness?

AJ McCarron: I'd have to probably say honesty

NFL GM: Well, I wouldn't consider that to be a weakness

AJ McCarron: I don't give a gently caress what you think

That owns though. AJ McCarron should more openly act like a dick, he'd be way more interesting.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Are there any DTs left in this draft? Any at all?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Our new NT:

Dem arms

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Silly Burrito posted:

Another Saints pick with injury issues?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Sweeney Tom posted:

Flacco
Roethlisberger
Dalton
Manziel
Vince loving Young
McCarron

This division's hilarious, you all must admit

landry jones lmao

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Our new NT:

Dem arms

God drat.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Dusseldorf posted:

He isn't horrible or anything, but he is probably going to get a big money extension without ever being responsible for beating a good team.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Are there any DTs left in this draft? Any at all?
Kelcy Quarles is still out there.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Roasted Donut posted:

landry jones lmao

Our division is like a gravity's rainbow goddamn

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

MourningView posted:

Ryan Mallet was at least good in college.

Neither of them will/would start, though. That's going to be Fitzpatrick at least in the short term (I think at least through this season).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
someone draft john urschel thanks

• Locked thread