Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brannock posted:

So how come the SEC defensive player of the year is going to go undrafted.

Yeah, to expand on what Morningview posted, Sam had horrifically bad measuables at the combine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Mel Mudkiper posted:

There is a dude straight up named Andrew Jackson

We have come full circle. Instead of marveling over Barkevious and D'Brickashaw we are now laughing at guys named Andrew.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Did Antonio Richardson piss hot or something?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

Huh that Canadian kid enjoys finishing blocks doesn't he?

Yeah because he's blocking a bunch of loving curlers or some poo poo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

Oh yeah because you're a expert on Quebec football, get the gently caress out of here with that.

Does he even play real football or is that stupid poo poo with three downs Canada thinks is football?

dude just look up their yearly record they are like the Northwestern of Quebec

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Yay Gaffney.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

swickles posted:

We have come full circle. Instead of marveling over Barkevious and D'Brickashaw we are now laughing at guys named Andrew.

If cannot enjoy a player named after the only sitting president to straight up kill a dude than you can gently caress right off

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bowanko

That sounds like a guy you draft just because the coach loves yelling that name.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Cool, we definitely don't have any running backs.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Kalli posted:

Yeah, to expand on what Morningview posted, Sam had horrifically bad measuables at the combine.

rip

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Intruder posted:

Did Antonio Richardson piss hot or something?

Holy god. Is he still on the board?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kalli posted:

Bowanko

That sounds like a guy you draft just because the coach loves yelling that name.

I would make that an audible as a QB so quick

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Kalli posted:

I've been following the NFL for years now but I'm a little surprised that front offices would value combine performances that heavily over actual game tape. I don't watch the SEC so I don't know how Sam looked, but surely he looked at least good enough to deserve DPOY?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
They just showed the only interesting play in Stanford's playbook.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Intruder posted:

6'5 280, holy moly

it's lebron

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Brannock posted:

I've been following the NFL for years now but I'm a little surprised that front offices would value combine performances over actual game tape. I don't watch the SEC so I don't know how Sam looked, but surely he looked at least good enough to deserve DPOY?

Again, DPOY of the SEC

And remember, Tebow won a Heisman

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I still feel like the Steelers might take Sam

We can always use defenders to work with and gently caress it its good PR

That would also guarantee that Hard Knocks goes to the Steelers.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lebron got fat.

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Holy god. Is he still on the board?

I really thought the Saints were going for him here. He must really have issues of some sort.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jesus it actually is

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

RumbleFish posted:

Cool, we definitely don't have any running backs.

None of them were gritty or scrappy enough, obviously.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So Tyler Gaffney is such an rear end in a top hat he got beaned 20 times in 35 games of baseball.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Too much hair

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Again, DPOY of the SEC

And remember, Tebow won a Heisman
Tebow was a 1st rd pick

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

Tebow was a 1st rd pick

I was referring more the fact that accolades in college football do not equal success in professional football

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Kalli posted:

So Tyler Gaffney is such an rear end in a top hat he got beaned 20 times in 35 games of baseball.

Someone had to take Steve Smith's place on the Panthers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brannock posted:

I've been following the NFL for years now but I'm a little surprised that front offices would value combine performances that heavily over actual game tape. I don't watch the SEC so I don't know how Sam looked, but surely he looked at least good enough to deserve DPOY?

Yeah, his draft profile explains why he's still available:

quote:

Strengths
Good arm length. Anticipates the snap and has a very good initial first step. Plays hard -- gives great effort and competes every down. Good on-field intensity and demeanor. Attacks the edges aggressively and motor runs hot. Outstanding weight-room strength -- can squat a small house. Very durable.
Weaknesses
Lacks burst and acceleration off the edge to get a step on blockers and finish. Sack production results from effort and production flushed to him and is not creatively produced with savvy pass-rush moves, speed, power or bend. Average hip flexibility and snap -- struggles clearing his hips at the top of his rush and trimming the corner. Adequate anchor vs. the run. Is late to disengage from blocks. Does not strike with authority. Inconsistent tackler. Late bloomer who could require time to adapt to the pro game.
Bottom Line
A productive, 4-3 weakside rusher who came on as a senior and it made his last season his best. Could fit most ideally as a 3-4 outside linebacker in a zone-blitzing scheme like the Steelers or Ravens. Compares favorably to Chargers 2009 first-round pick Larry English, an overhyped, overdrafted, marginal producer in the pros.

I hope he ends up kicking rear end, I just kinda had my expectations shat on watching the combine.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Again, DPOY of the SEC

It didn't mean what it has in the past but it's still kind of an impressive thing to get.

Sam hit the perfect spot of being just good enough to honestly be really good in college and probably not be worth much in the NFL. I still expect him to get picked sometime in the 7th.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ross tell me how good Eric Pinkins is

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Dion Bailey? Nah. We're gonna draft Eric Pinkins

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kalli posted:

Yeah, his draft profile explains why he's still available:

I hope he ends up kicking rear end, I just kinda had my expectations shat on watching the combine.

Ahem, compares favorably

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Benne posted:

He went to SDSU so Ross has but one answer: future hall of fame member

e: Wow, 6'2 220 and ran a 4.44

Seems perfect for Seattle

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Brannock posted:

It matters, but there's a certain level of size and athleticism you need to play in the NFL, and he probably falls a bit short of that. He's also going to have to learn a new position. Coming out was a brave thing and I hope someone takes a flier on him late, but there a bunch of a legit reasons to pass on him.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Why do you have a reporter in a gay bar

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also apparently the draft is reportedly being played at tons of gay bars right now.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
How long has that gay bar been chanting Michael?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm really happy with these late round picks for Green Bay.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i dunno it just feels like to me that after Sam came out a whole lot of people (including ones here) just rushed to say "WELL ACTUALLY HE'S NOT THAT GOOD" even before the combine

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

How long has that gay bar been chanting Michael?
they were probably chanting Jimmy for most of the 2nd night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Not a very good football name. So I'm going to assume he sucks.

• Locked thread