Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
Falcons still have two picks I can see them taking him. Stop laughing, I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

This is one of those weird situations where the UDFA period is going to basically be another draft.

Yeah, the Panthers are already talking about how there's 4-5 guys they want to go after.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If he goes undrafted and still isn't picked up, gently caress this entire league

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

How long did the espn people have to search to find video of Jason Collins hitting a jumper

hahahhaha

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Michael Sam is going to be Mr. Irrelevant.

Then he can bone that woman from NYC.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Emanuel Collective posted:

guaranteed not to be a ~distraction~ which is the main thing teams look for at this point in the draft

Which is why that guy with 3 suspensions at Miami got picked up.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

SF is up, you know what you have to do

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Pats take Jeremy Gallon. Sam's goin' undrafted.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

PostNouveau posted:

Which is why that guy with 3 suspensions at Miami got picked up.

The NFL needs guys that are committed to their passions, like smoking weed, robbing and assaulting people and giving up

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I want the Eagles to trade up with a 2015 6th to take him.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Claw Massage posted:

Falcons still have two picks I can see them taking him. Stop laughing, I can.

It sucks but considering how lovely Roddy White reacted to Sam coming out, I doubt the falcons are going to bring him in.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So is SF for the PR move the only chance he has left?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
:psyduck: Jackson Jeffcoat and Garrett Gilbert

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Let's all stop talking about Michael Sam as if his orientation is the only thing that loving matters about him

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Pead posted:

It sucks but considering how lovely Roddy White reacted to Sam coming out, I doubt the falcons are going to bring him in.

What did Roddy do? I never heard about that?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I guess the numbers you have to put up as SECDPOY don't matter?

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Maybe he'll catch on as a free agent somewhere.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Dallas has 3 picks left and sorely needs DEs so there's a non zero chance he ends up there

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So we're in damage control mode now with the commentators

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rap posted:

Let's all stop talking about Michael Sam as if his orientation is the only thing that loving matters about him

Well it sure as hell ain't his measurables.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
The Bears need all the athletes they can get on defense so Sam would make sense. But you never know with Emery

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Trey Millard is a really good pick for the 49ers. That dude does everything on offense.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Dallas has 3 picks left and sorely needs DEs so there's a non zero chance he ends up there

Don't lie to yourself, it's zero

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So we're in damage control mode now with the commentators
They're not doing a very good job

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
"Johnny Football brings some needed excitement and attention to Cleveland"

"No one team wants the distraction of Michael Sam"

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Sam isn't country strong so I don't see the Raiders grabbing him.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

So I don't follow a lot of SEC college ball, but in order to win that award, don't you have to be a pretty good football player? You always hear about the pro systems and elite talent that the SEC runs with, so wouldn't that qualify him to be drafted regardless of whether he poo poo the bed in the combine?

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

HappyHelmet posted:

What did Roddy do? I never heard about that?

Tweeted a bunch of stupid poo poo

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

They're not doing a very good job

Polian is not the guy you should give the nod too if your in damage control.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Rap posted:

The appearance of fuckery is just as bad as actual fuckery as far as narrative is concerned. Whatever you personally feel about the matter, this will be seen by a lot of people as an unfair screw job and due to homophobia in the league. Even NFL network's lead anchor is selling that angle so I guess get used to it if you follow sports media.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Charles Leno is a really good pickup for the Bears this late in the draft but now I feel even worse for Michael Sam

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm pretty shocked that Brandon Coleman and La'Damian Washington are going undrafted. Measurables alone should earn them 7th round nods.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Good depth pick by the Bears. I was hoping for an OT of his grade in the 6th. I'll take that in the mid/end 7th.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well it sure as hell ain't his measurables.

I do think that's why he's not getting picked, tho, not because teams are so drat obsessed with his orientation and how it'll impact their big fragil e boys

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
rip michael sam

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

A Pale Horse posted:

The appearance of fuckery is just as bad as actual fuckery as far as narrative is concerned. Whatever you personally feel about the matter, this will be seen by a lot of people as an unfair screw job and due to homophobia in the league. Even NFL network's lead anchor is selling that angle so I guess get used to it if you follow sports media.

Yeah i know i'm just hoping this forum is smarter, like it's smarter about everything else the networks push

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm pretty shocked that Brandon Coleman and La'Damian Washington are going undrafted. Measurables alone should earn them 7th round nods.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Tainted by Sam.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Rap posted:

I need everyone to know that if no one in this league drafts Michael Sam that I am really angry and I think they're all bigots even though I'll still watch a ton of football and post about it on the internet

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I mean SD took a 5'9 163lb WR who only took one kick return in college, so he can't even play special teams

these aren't even necessarily Measurables guys going right now

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Rap posted:

I do think that's why he's not getting picked, tho, not because teams are so drat obsessed with his orientation and how it'll impact their big fragil e boys

I seriously agreed with this until they drafted the DE who literally hasn't played for a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Rap posted:

With all the control freaks in the league it wouldn't totally surprise me if a few teams didn't have him on their board at all because of the media blitz that will follow him around, but yeah I'd imagine it's nowhere close to league-wide or anything.

• Locked thread