Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Hoops posted:

You're right that genuinely would have been about fifty million times worse. Now all the Liverpool fans can go into the final day with a solid "well there's still a chance, even though it's almost certainly not going to happen, all in all it's been a fantastic season, can't believe we're here" posting strategy mix of being both smug and humble at the same time that riles up the whiniest posters.

Let me tell you how this is going to go down:

West Ham will score an early goal, getting all Liverpool fan's attention. But this will soon be forgotten as Liverpool struggle and the game plays out as a 0-0 or 1-1 until the 75th minute, when Liverpool finally gain the lead. Elation and hope will erupt around Anfield, YNWA echoing around the ground as everyone realizes West Ham are still holding City scoreless. Then the 80th minute will hit and City will go on a tear to win 3-1 and Gerrard will collapse in a pile of tears to be giffed and laughed at for all eternity.

After all, there's nothing this season needs more than one last bout of Liverpool hope crushed into oblivion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Liverpool and City are both going to win by loads of goals, making the last day dull as gently caress.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Liverpool and City are both going to win by loads of goals, making the last day dull as gently caress.

Remember 3 weeks ago when there were like 9 teams still in danger or being relegated and we all thought it was gonna come down to the last day? That went south REAL fast huh

SpaceGirlArt
Mar 29, 2008

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Let me tell you how this is going to go down:

West Ham will score an early goal, getting all Liverpool fan's attention. But this will soon be forgotten as Liverpool struggle and the game plays out as a 0-0 or 1-1 until the 75th minute, when Liverpool finally gain the lead. Elation and hope will erupt around Anfield, YNWA echoing around the ground as everyone realizes West Ham are still holding City scoreless. Then the 80th minute will hit and City will go on a tear to win 3-1 and Gerrard will collapse in a pile of tears to be giffed and laughed at for all eternity.

After all, there's nothing this season needs more than one last bout of Liverpool hope crushed into oblivion.

I'm actually pretty confident this is exactly what is going to happen, except City will score during garbage time.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
City are due for a fuckup. They've been rolling along too smoothly.

Big Sam's got the horn and, good or bad, something crazy will happen.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'll be really annoyed if Newcastle gently caress up my accumulator

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

The season was shaping up to end with a bang but it looks like its going to be a whimper and a fail

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Nice to see this site is still going

http://www.leagueslider.com/
loving mesmerizing. Chelsea really blew the lead didn't they.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
The 6th place trophy is still up for grabs between Tottenham and united

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Come on Brenda https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMQ1qHb0S3g

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Food Court Druid posted:

The 6th place trophy is still up for grabs between Tottenham and united

Don't want it, I'd rather the squad focus on regaining CL football next season without the distraction of Thursday night away trips to FC Tractor Norilsk.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Look at that form for Newcastle

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Jose posted:

Moyes in?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Jose posted:

It's like you hit 40 points and just went "Welp, that's us for the year, see ya!"

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Disappointed that Spurs let their GD get so high. Was really hoping for 0.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Jose posted:

no worse than hull or villa tbf

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'd like it but Pardew is almost certainly staying. He'll just get sacked at the start of next season if it goes badly which is a mistake imo, get a new manager in now so they've the whole summer to get the team how they want

Comlink
Nov 21, 2006

Oh yes, yes, yes.... that's BANG on the money!
all things considered, I'm over the loving moon with 12th place.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Looking forward to seeing how Everton do next year. A lot of changes will have to be made if they want to stay relavent.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Vinestalk posted:

Looking forward to seeing how Everton do next year. A lot of changes will have to be made if they want to stay relavent.

They could suffer the same post-Lukaku shite that we've had to put up with. Although it's likely that Everton don't have a retard in charge and will actually buy a half-decent striker to replace him.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
what makes you say that, they'll get 5th or 6th like every other season

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Burqa King posted:

They've got to find someone to play in the Barry role who's even half as good, you saw how they missed him against City.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Burqa King posted:

They have two pretty talented players leaving their squad due to their loan spells wrapping up and they'll be competing in the Europa League again. Their current squad depth doesn't look like it can handle the increased match congestion, which was the same problem both them and Swansea had when they tried to compete in both the League and Europa. More injuries, more fatigue, etc, etc...

Plus, there's the off chance the owner will want to cash out on Barkely or Baines while still keeping a cap on buying players.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

If you look at the table, for our second season back 13th place is fine...if you actually watch us play..well.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

They've got to find someone to play in the Barry role who's even half as good, you saw how they missed him against City.

actually i didnt see that, but atrent they getting barry

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Burqa King posted:

actually i didnt see that, but atrent they getting barry

He's old as balls

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Total Meatlove posted:

Someone like Barry, maybe? He's out of contract this summer and all signs point to him signing for Everton.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

He's old as balls

hes a two time prem winner

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

cheese posted:

loving mesmerizing. Chelsea really blew the lead didn't they.

this but arsenal

when chelsea had the lead city had 3 games in hand and always had a chance to go ahead

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

chelsea did the double over city and liverpool though.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

jooky posted:

this but arsenal
Ya but everyone knew Arsenal would collapse. Its arguably more reliable than the Scouse boom/bust cycle. Was doubly over when Ramsey died again.

jooky posted:

when chelsea had the lead city had 3 games in hand and always had a chance to go ahead
And then Jozy Altidore happened.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm quite happy, me :)

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
loving get in, that'll do!

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

cheese posted:

Ya but everyone knew Arsenal would collapse. Its arguably more reliable than the Scouse boom/bust cycle. Was doubly over when Ramsey died again.

And then Jozy Altidore happened.

villa, palace, and sunderland, yeah. chelsea definitely blew it against the lower tier teams, which is disappointing.

chelsea conceded the fewest goals in the league, but they couldn't score enough in the games that mattered. third in total goals, first in goals allowed, but just not good enough overall. excited to see next year at least.

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

MoPZiG posted:

chelsea did the double over city and liverpool though.

yeah they were significantly better against the top four than they were against the bottom of the league, which is just dumb. they played to the level of the opponents, which obviously did not end well.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

I guess when you spend all that time training to park the bus and counter against good teams, you forget how to attack and dominate the bad ones?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

cheese posted:

I guess when you spend all that time training to park the bus and counter against good teams, you forget how to attack and dominate the bad ones?

That and having poo poo forwards

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

cheese posted:

I guess when you spend all your time training to put in 5 goals against norwich you forget how to defend when it matters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
They were in the title race with Torres and Demba Ba as their strikers. Their midfield is loving phenomenal.

• Locked thread