Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
When I moved, I decided to be a nice person and help out my girlfriends' friend who was in a bad spot. Real nice, down to earth kinda person. Gave her a roof over her head and food because she was homeless & just lost her job. Decided to let her stay with us on the condition of getting a job and helping pay bills/small amount of rent until she could save up enough to move out on her own. She turned down 7 job offers because "I don't want to do this/that/whatever". Finally got her a job and she quit on her second day because "I can't sleep if I don't work nights". Then, the other night, she decided to raid my :420: and smoke every bit of it. While I was busy working on a friends' car.

Guess who's gonna be homeless again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

You know after all the posts and pictures about seafoam making a huge cloud of smoke I'm a little disappointed all I got was a few weak puffs. Maybe I did it wrong.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Great Beer posted:

You know after all the posts and pictures about seafoam making a huge cloud of smoke I'm a little disappointed all I got was a few weak puffs. Maybe I did it wrong.

I stalled my car on it and when I restarted it, it only emitted weak little puffs. I went "oh."

Then I went for a drive and smoked out the block. And found two exhaust leaks.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Geirskogul posted:

Sonora-style or Sonoran hot dog?

Head down to Tucson sometime and I'll take you to the two (rival) self claimed inventors of the Sonoran dog, and then take you to the chevron gas station that has the best ones (in my opinion).

mafoose fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 11, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Devyl posted:

When I moved, I decided to be a nice person and help out my girlfriends' friend who was in a bad spot. Real nice, down to earth kinda person. Gave her a roof over her head and food because she was homeless & just lost her job. Decided to let her stay with us on the condition of getting a job and helping pay bills/small amount of rent until she could save up enough to move out on her own. She turned down 7 job offers because "I don't want to do this/that/whatever". Finally got her a job and she quit on her second day because "I can't sleep if I don't work nights". Then, the other night, she decided to raid my :420: and smoke every bit of it. While I was busy working on a friends' car.

This is the kind of person who ends up either homeless or living on the dole.

Christ.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
That is the kind of person who ends up having the poo poo beat out of them.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Devyl posted:

Wow, what an rear end in a top hat. Boot her rear end to the curb ASAP.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Wow, what an rear end in a top hat. Boot her rear end to the curb ASAP.

For real. I'm incredibly generous with my :420: but holy drat if someone smoked my whole stash while I was gone I would be furious.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
fork neck curb.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

cursedshitbox posted:

fork neck curb.

Someone has been spending time on pirate4x4 :haw:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Heh, larder beetle infestation (2 adults/no larvae found found so far, should be interesting to see the final count)
Guess I'm a bigger slob than I thought I was? anyways brb ocdcleaning whole house

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Wife was away with the older kid today so I was looking forward to spending time with our little girl. She falls asleep so I spent nearly the whole day fixing/cleaning stuff, and when I'd run out of that I started labeling stuff.

Trailer is finished though, ready to ruin it with trips to the tip and camping.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thrashed around town today in the Miata, put about 100 miles on her all told. Really great day all in all.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So after reading about the 30th anniversary of the Sunshine Skyway collapse I realized I had never actually seen that bridge in person. Happened to be in Tampa today to see some relatives, so I decided to check it out while I was there. Gotta say that is a really pretty area around the bridge. Should have brought a pole to do some fishin'

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Edit: ^^^ I'm on Tampa right now also. That bridge is awesome.

Pretty sure if Verizon burned to the ground, there would be a party.

We just got back to the states, and have had our phones (a DNA and a GS3) for about a year. They both worked in Guam, and were Verizon phones.

So we get back, call to have our lines reactivated, and assume were fine. Well I lost my SIM card, so we were going to have to go to the store. But her phone refused to connect to the network.

Go to Verizon, and the "tech" takes both of our phones to the back, then comes back a few minutes later and declares that neither one will ever work on their network, because they were used overseas. Specifically mine, because its rooted.

When I asked why, he said because rooted phones don't work on their network. He also did the OTA update for her phone, which caused it to lose root and destroy my ability to fix it until I re root it.

My phone he straight up said will never, ever work. I asked if he put a new SIM in it. "No, see, it will never work because its rooted." "Okay, but did you put a SIM in it?" So he opens phone info, and then starts to point out that nothing is showing up. So I asked him again, at which point it finally clicked in his head that there's no loving SIM in the phone to begin with.

He put the SIM in, and then told us to have a nice day and left.

So my phone now half works on their network (data, can recieve texts, but can't send them or call out) and hers is borked until I can re-root and fix the APN since he updated it and then turned into king douche.

So, note to self: don't actually take a Verizon "world phone" out of the states, because it wipes their loving info out of the phone and requires a factory reset or root and a lot of work to fix.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Verizon just sent my girlfriend's info to a collection agency over a $25 service fee that she was assured by multiple Verizon phone-monkeys would be stricken from her account when she closed it 2 months ago. I would definitely bring booze to the party if someone wants to start the fire...

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ExplodingSims posted:

So after reading about the 30th anniversary of the Sunshine Skyway collapse I realized I had never actually seen that bridge in person. Happened to be in Tampa today to see some relatives, so I decided to check it out while I was there. Gotta say that is a really pretty area around the bridge. Should have brought a pole to do some fishin'

I got a flat tire on the very top of that bridge once, at about 11pm at night. Shoulder is super narrow, the guard rail is about waist high and it's a LONG way down. It was a pretty loving spooky experience, I tried not to look over but I couldn't help myself. I see why it's a popular place for people to kill themselves, all you gotta do is pull to the side and hop over the guard rail

A friend of a friend jumped not too long ago, left behind a husband and three young kids.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Terrible Robot posted:

Verizon just sent my girlfriend's info to a collection agency over a $25 service fee that she was assured by multiple Verizon phone-monkeys would be stricken from her account when she closed it 2 months ago. I would definitely bring booze to the party if someone wants to start the fire...

I'm entirely not surprised by that. Its a loving miracle if the chuckefucks at Version I deal with ever actually follow my directions the first time.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

kastein posted:

E: upon opening my windows I was greeted by a most unpleasant sound... if my brother ever has kids, I am buying them a recorder for sure. :unsmigghh:

(And no recorders shall ever be permitted in my house. For any reason.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KolfEhV-KiA

If it was possible to commit a war crime against music, this video would be sent to The Hague and never return. Or start its own PMC/defense contracting company, whichever.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Lamest tornado ever. Seriously... just a boring storm that was over hyped.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Verizon hate, eh?

I'll bring the noose, tar, feathers, AND an effigy to burn first, just to get the party started.

gently caress those assheads and gently caress the horse they rode in on.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Swapped oil pan on customer's b5 1.8t passat. Forget to put the washers on the snub mount bolts and put a hole in the new oil pan. FML! I hope I'm faster at the pan swap this time around.

I can't tell if I love or hate the b5. I have q b5.5 that I love but mostly because it was dirty cheap and beats the poo poo out of daily driving a BMW on coilovers.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Seafood and rice. Just turned 45 and only now I choose to eat healthy?

(Actually I'm not too bad most days. Altho I do eat more chocolate than a woman with "emotional issues"....)

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I won a bike race today so I went to a brewery, had a huge bacon cheeseburger along with two beers, and then picked up a 6-pack on my way home. Now I'm going to watch sunday night television and drink moose drool. And maybe eat an ice cream sandwich later.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

jamal posted:

I won a bike race today so I went to a brewery, had a huge bacon cheeseburger along with two beers, and then picked up a 6-pack on my way home. Now I'm going to watch sunday night television and drink moose drool. And maybe eat an ice cream sandwich later.

gently caress, you're living the life. Now I have to find a goddamn ice cream sandwich.

I replaced the brakes on my fiances 330i that I found for her. Replaced a coil, the front control arm bushings, and changed the oil as well.

The only issue I have is that the bleeder broke off in the rear caliper. Then the extractor tool broke off inside the bleeder. So next weekend: shocks, windshield cowl, inner fender liners, a new caliper, rear control arms, sway bar end links and some other minor poo poo.

I don't think I'd be a good mechanic, but this poo poo is fun as hell.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Goddamnit. Somehow I managed to bust my radiator, losing all my coolant and spiking my temp gauge for a solid minute or two while I limped my car home. Hopefully I didn't just completely gently caress the motor up :sigh:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CountOfNowhere posted:

Swapped oil pan on customer's b5 1.8t passat. Forget to put the washers on the snub mount bolts and put a hole in the new oil pan. FML! I hope I'm faster at the pan swap this time around.

I can't tell if I love or hate the b5. I have q b5.5 that I love but mostly because it was dirty cheap and beats the poo poo out of daily driving a BMW on coilovers.

You'll love it except when it breaks. Which will be often.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Cat Terrist posted:

Seafood and rice. Just turned 45 and only now I choose to eat healthy?

(Actually I'm not too bad most days. Altho I do eat more chocolate than a woman with "emotional issues"....)

I'm addicted to chocolate. It's not good but hey it's not smoking, drinking, drugs, etc.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Showing the GF 'Le Mans' for the first time and she just accused me of having a boner while the Ferraris were going down Mulsanne.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I eat 12-16oz of chocolate a day sometimes. Haven't gained any weight yet :butt:

Also, some of my friends are loving wack jobs. I'm going to mail that dude a whole roll of tinfoil hats.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

13 INCH DICK posted:

Showing the GF 'Le Mans' for the first time and she just accused me of having a boner while the Ferraris were going down Mulsanne.

Well, did you?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

jamal posted:

Well, did you?

Do you not?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I may have someone with a '71 standard Beetle on the hook for either my Subaru or my Enfield :dance:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Hmmm rear looking a little toe out

There we go

edit: whoops thought it was just the work computer blocking images

freelop fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 12, 2014

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I had a first date with a girl yesterday that lasted ten loving hours, until the place we were at shut down at midnight. Led to an incredibly nasty voicemail from my dad bitching me out for not calling my mom on Mother's Day, but whatever. Worth it.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I'm back. :unsmith:

I saw a counselor, went to some AA meetings, and went out of town over the weekend to hang out with a friend so I'm feeling pretty good right now.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

goatse guy posted:

I'm back. :unsmith:

I saw a counselor, went to some AA meetings, and went out of town over the weekend to hang out with a friend so I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Welcome back, viggen goatse guy.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wait, I thought SAC needed the AA meetings?

Also, I think I'm getting this beetle. Needs a ton of work, but if the engine and transmission are truly in good condition, I'm looking forward to a project. I've been super depressed lately, and keeping my hands busy seems to qualm (qualm? quell?) that. I have a budget of around $1k to do it up, and it looks like I can pick up a rear bench seat, matching upholstery, the missing bumpers, the missing fender lights, and paint/interior carpeting for about half of that, just by adding things to a temporary cart on Ebay.

Compared to what I've done to the Subaru, and what it's worth (dents, super bad rust underneath everything, 200k miles), I may still be retarded. But a crazy retarded like 14 13 Inch and his CVCC Honda.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 12, 2014

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

There are some cheap mostly-not-rusty beetles around here with missing engines. There are a shitload of subarus in the junkyard. I bet You can build a Subaru bug for 3k or less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Too bad I have to do all work on the side of the road at my townhouse, or else that would be a tasty proposition.

• Locked thread