Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

tim sherwood invited some bloke down to the spurs dugout, and the bbc asked if he was going to be their next manager

sherwood: "no chance, he's english"

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Vinestalk posted:

They were in the title race with Torres and Demba Ba as their strikers. Their midfield is loving phenomenal.

Until Mourinho forces Hazard out, at least.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Next season is when they are going to start handing the Europa League winner Champion's League right? If so Everton probably have a better chance of getting into the CL like that lol.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

emjayo posted:

tim sherwood invited some bloke down to the spurs dugout, and the bbc asked if he was going to be their next manager

lmao

He's great I hope Delia's on the phone offering him the job right now

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Shoren posted:

Until Mourinho forces Hazard out, at least.

Hahaha you loving wish.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
To be honest, it wouldn't be the first time Mourinho has alientated and disillusioned an incredibly gifted player. Although I do think it's unlikely that Hazard will leave.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

emjayo posted:

lmao

tim ftw

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Vinestalk posted:

To be honest, it wouldn't be the first time Mourinho has alientated and disillusioned an incredibly gifted player. Although I do think it's unlikely that Hazard will leave.

It wouldn't. But when Mourinho has done it, he has usually wanted to get rid of the player, like Mata who doesn't fit the football Mou likes to play. Hazard on the other hand is exactly what he wants from a winger, and Hazard has been out praising Mou several times this season and saying he wants to stay for a long time, Mou also done the same. Hazard isn't going to stay at Chelsea forever, but he's certainly not going just yet, no matter how much people read into those quotes from the last few weeks time.

Oscar on the other hand, even with Mourinho's early love with him, I could see leave if a good offer comes in.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Vinestalk posted:

They were in the title race with Torres and Demba Ba as their strikers. Their midfield is loving phenomenal.

Don't forget Eto'o now, and did Schürrle play up top at all? Anyway, that sounds a lot better than having loving Giroud and Sanogo as it.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I just wish RAWK would let people vent. I loving hate forums that all but demand you just post what the mods personally like and delete and lock the rest.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

skooma512 posted:

I just wish RAWK would let people vent. I loving hate forums that all but demand you just post what the mods personally like and delete and lock the rest.

What are you doing on SA then?

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

RVProfootballer posted:

Don't forget Eto'o now, and did Schürrle play up top at all? Anyway, that sounds a lot better than having loving Giroud and Sanogo as it.

Schurrle did play a few matches up front, which was anything but a success.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Byolante posted:

I guess when you spend all your time training to put in 5 goals against norwich you forget how to defend when it matters?
No, because forgetting means that we knew how to do it at some point.

skooma512 posted:

RAWK is poo poo. Even the liverpoolfc reddit is better.

Vinestalk posted:

And everyone knew they needed a striker and then they signed Eto'o...

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

As if there were any doubt Vincent Tan is a mentalist:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/11/vincent-tan-cardiff-city-kit-change-red-blue

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
City champions, ManU seventh, zeru tituli for Chelsea. All that is missing is Arsenal bottling the FA Cup final.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Not sure if this is better or worse than the "removing the Michael Jackson stature got us relegated" story.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Blue Screen Error posted:

What are you doing on SA then?

SA is strict, but I have yet to have a post deleted by militant optimists.

Next season is all going to depend on the summer. If Suarez gets sold or injured at the WC, we'll be lucky to get back in the CL.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
quick shout out for the punditry highlight of the season

gutted that garth isn't going to the world cup tbh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Maybe he realised the colour means nothing in Asia and people only care if you're any good like plastics everywhere else

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

emjayo posted:

lmao

I'm playing a sub-atomic violin just for you, Tim.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Babby Thatcher posted:

quick shout out for the punditry highlight of the season

gutted that garth isn't going to the world cup tbh

uncle ben more like uncle tom or something

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
gently caress Pulis getting manager of the year. Hughes got Stoke to 9th

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Thought it was a bit harsh to leave James Millner out of the squad completely, but he did look terrible in the stands.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Jose posted:

I'd like it but Pardew is almost certainly staying. He'll just get sacked at the start of next season if it goes badly which is a mistake imo, get a new manager in now so they've the whole summer to get the team how they want

Yeah 18 months without signing a players but they'll bring someone new in and let them reshape the squad

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Woodenlung posted:

Thought it was a bit harsh to leave James Millner out of the squad completely, but he did look terrible in the stands.

wasnt this guy in the crowd at the liverpool-crystal palace game?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Taff posted:

Yeah 18 months without signing a players but they'll bring someone new in and let them reshape the squad

Joe Kinnear hosed things up even worse than Ashley expected I reckon. He was brought in because Pardew in his post season comments said ashley was partly to blame and Ashley hates being publicly criticized. He'll probably be personally involved in tranfers again this summer like he was January last year to force things through quickly. I hope.

I want Pardew out by now but I do accept that with no permanent signings in that time he was really hosed over

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

lmao whats that hosed up face guy doing there?

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

i'd love nothing more than for face man to be the biggest turnaround plastic to ever live

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Is that really the guy? Can someone confirm?

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
If it is he's been in the gym 24x7 since that palace game

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Lol it's not

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
yeah its him lmfao

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Ponce de Le0n posted:

lmao whats that hosed up face guy doing there?

i know i thought you supported villa

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Def him

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

excuse me lady posted:

If it is he's been in the gym 24x7 since that palace game

Grez what were you doing at that liverpool game and then the city game? lol haha

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

gently caress Pulis getting manager of the year. Hughes got Stoke to 9th

did you see how loving bad Palace's form, and squad, were when Pulis took over? Stoke had a fair few decent players already, Pulis won multiple PL games with Plymouth Argyle rejects on both wings.

Not that Hughes hasn't done well, especially considering they were pretty bad last season, but as soon as Liverpool lost the title Pulis was the only credible winner

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Pellegrini seems like a cool dude, so I'm happy for him

Rest of City, ehhhh

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Babby Thatcher posted:

did you see how loving bad Palace's form, and squad, were when Pulis took over? Stoke had a fair few decent players already, Pulis won multiple PL games with Plymouth Argyle rejects on both wings.

Not that Hughes hasn't done well, especially considering they were pretty bad last season, but as soon as Liverpool lost the title Pulis was the only credible winner

Agree with this as a Stoke fan. We were always a few decent players away from a good side, Palace are still a garbage side. What Pulis has done would be a big ask for Jesus.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

quote:

BREAKING NEWS - Sky Sources: Man Utd make £27m bid for Southampton's Luke Shaw. Jim White Live Now on Sky Sports News. #SSN
And we're off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Hoops posted:

And we're off.

Deals been done a long time

• Locked thread