Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Desired Review:

Justified S01E04: "Long in the Tooth"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Zaggitz posted:

http://i.imgur.com/h94xNab.jpg here's all the shows I've watched.(disregard the 0% watched things, thats just the calendar site being dumb)

If I gave you an episode of UK Skins would that be doable?

xeria posted:

What streaming service-y stuff do you have access to, or does that not matter for determining what I pick?

Don't matter, hit me with your best shot baby

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

There are no limits to what I can watch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In that case Season 4 Episode 9. Enjoy the crazy.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

Occupation posted:

Justified Season 1, Episode 4, "Long in the Tooth"

I'm going to take this. Justified is a show on my "to watch" list anyway, and only 4 episodes in seems like it won't spoil things overmuch if I decide to start over / keep going.

It'd be interesting to force someone through an episode of MST3K. What would be the most terrible? Red Zone Cuba? *edit* Or wait... Manos?

Annakie fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 11, 2014

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Occupation posted:

Here you go:
MrFlibble (I assume): Breaking Bad Season 5 Episode 14

Yeah - I'll watch it tonight or tomorrow. To be clear all I know is that its about a chemistry teacher turned meth cooker with an ex student.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Deadpool posted:

I'm very sick this afternoon, I'll continue making assignments tomorrow maybe. But carry on giving each other assignments until then like you're doing. Someone just keep a running tab of them please.

I'll take another when you get back.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

MrFlibble posted:

Yeah - I'll watch it tonight or tomorrow. To be clear all I know is that its about a chemistry teacher turned meth cooker with an ex student.

Good you're the perfect test case. I also want to stress that this will "ruin" (in the sense of spoil the series almost in its entirety, it's still a wondrous show to watch even when you know exactly what happens) the show for you, but it's...it's incredible television

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Rarity posted:

If I gave you an episode of UK Skins would that be doable?

Don't matter, hit me with your best shot baby

Dante's Cove, 3x01. :colbert:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Annakie posted:

I'm going to take this. Justified is a show on my "to watch" list anyway, and only 4 episodes in seems like it won't spoil things overmuch if I decide to start over / keep going.

This will probably work out better for you in the long run.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Annakie posted:

It'd be interesting to force someone through an episode of MST3K. What would be the most terrible? Red Zone Cuba? *edit* Or wait... Manos?

The most painful MST3K personally for me is Hamlet. And I say that as an MST3K and Shakespeare fan. That's a rough movie.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Bown posted:

This will probably work out better for you in the long run.

Most people recommend you skip the first three episodes anyways, so this is basically watching from the "pilot"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

xeria posted:

Dante's Cove, 3x01. :colbert:

Oh god I think I remember you telling me about this show :gonk:

You were meant to give me something good :(

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Rarity posted:

Oh god I think I remember you telling me about this show :gonk:

You were meant to give me something good :(

Dante's Cove is very good, just ask whowhatwhere.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Worst MST3K I've seen is probably Castle of Fu Manchu, but I haven't seen nearly enough to make that a fair assessment.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Deadpool posted:

I'm very sick this afternoon, I'll continue making assignments tomorrow maybe. But carry on giving each other assignments until then like you're doing. Someone just keep a running tab of them please.

Oh by the way you should check out my 204 review of last man standing, I'm sure it'll give you the sick thrills you were looking for you monster

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Did MST ever cover Troll 2? Because they should have.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Propaganda Machine posted:

Did MST ever cover Troll 2? Because they should have.

No, but Mike Nelson and Lowtax did for Rifftrax!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Rarity posted:

In that case Season 4 Episode 9. Enjoy the crazy.

Um do you mean episode 8? because wikipedia tells me there is no episode 9.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
This sounds like fun.

My general tastes are sci-fi and supernatural shows such as Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, Stargate, Doctor Who, Buffy, Vampire Diaries, Lost Girl and Supernatural. But I'd be careful recommending me anything from those genre's as there's a very good chance I've already seen it. I also have a soft spot for sitcoms.

My current running shows I keep up with are:

Always Sunny
Archer
Bobs burgers
Broad City
Cougar Town
Game of Thrones
Agents of SHIELD
Modern Family
New Girl
Orphan Black
Parks and Rec
Rick and Morty
Shameless
The Neighbors
True Blood
Vikings

Esroc fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 11, 2014

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

MrAristocrates posted:

No, but Mike Nelson and Lowtax did for Rifftrax!

!!!

Link?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Zaggitz posted:

Um do you mean episode 8? because wikipedia tells me there is no episode 9.

Ah I'm dumb in that case I mean episode 7. The penultimate one

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

This sounds like fun, I'll give it a shot. Something on Netflix or Hulu would work best for me.

You will get the pleasure of enjoying Burn Notice season 3, Episode 11, Friendly Fire.

I do this because I love you, friend.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
2 Broke Girls
Season 3, Episode 14
‘And the Dumpster Sex’

So I knew a little bit more about this one going in than I did House of Lies. Kat Dennings and a blonde lady are poor waitresses who want to start a cake store like in Cougar Town and Stifler’s mom is Polish for some reason and the other major characters are all racist stereotypes in some way. It was created by the Sex and the City creator and Whitney, from ‘Whitney’.

The episode begins with the girls working in some kind of nighttime cupcake stand where their business is being driven away by a car playing loud rap music in front of the window. The blonde one wonders if they’re selling drugs and the audience laughs at the term ‘rap car’. She goes over to talk to them and Kat Dennings worries that she will get shot. Then they throw the blonde one’s cupcake back at her and she thinks she’s been shot. Cut to opening credits which is just a shot of a bridge in New York for some reason (I don’t know which one sorry).

Next scene they are working at the diner. There’s a strange black guy and a dim, short Asian man. It turns out that Caroline (the blonde one) had the rap car towed, and the Asian man gave her details to some gangster looking for her, so they all worry she’s going to get killed. Dennings is quippy, and her character is called Max. There is also an Eastern European cook, who sets up a couple lines about wiping. Eric Andre shows up, which is cool, and sets a date with Max. The scene ends with a joke about the Asian guy being short.

Max is going off on her date with Eric Andre and Caroline is freaked out about being alone in case the rap car people come back and shoot her. It turns out the Asian guy spends a lot of time on Second Life. Max says “Don’t you have to have a first life to have a Second Life?”, which I think is just about the first Second Life-related joke anyone ever thinks of. Jennifer Coolidge shows up (the audience cheers for some reason) and she makes some dumb jokes about reading an old magazine and not wanting to hang out with Caroline. I kind of laughed at her reading of the line “If you don’t want to be alone, then why do you act the way you do?” I’m guessing the reason these girls are so broke is because they have so much crap in their apartment.

From there the episode splits into two as we follow Max and Eric Andre’s date and Caroline being freaked out alone. It turns out that Eric Andre lives in a renovated dumpster on the street, which isn’t a thing a person would be allowed to do, but Max likes it and they have sex. She then leaves when it starts to get romantic, declining the offer of Chinese takeout garbage left by the dumpster. Caroline gets freaked out by car horns, barricades the door, and talks to her cat and her horse. Oh, there is a horse in the apartment. I can think of quite a few ways they could improve their financial situation fairly quickly. In the end she burns her legs with water she planned to throw on any potential attackers when Max comes in.

They go to the emergency room and there’s a weird bit about Obamacare before they talk about Eric Andre (who appears to be named ‘Deek’) and how Max is afraid of being happy. Back to the diner where it turns out the black guy is an ex-heroin addict and the Asian guy has a Second Life wife and kid. One of the rap car guys shows up and he reaches into his pocket and they think it’s going to be a gun!!!! but then it’s not a gun it’s a mixtape and he likes her what a reversal! Then there’s the line “I’m sorry my brother threw that cupcake at you. He’s gluten-free and upset about it.” which I thought was pretty cute. Caroline rejects him because obviously she could never date such a violent thug and he leaves, then Deek comes in wanting to know why Max ran out. She takes him outside and he has moved his dumpster to outside the diner. She admits she likes him and they have sex again before Caroline unknowingly has the dumpster towed, before being scared about being alone again. End of episode.

So..that was pretty lame. As is typical with most of the CBS sitcoms, there was very little plot, so it mostly focused on this light banter between all the characters, so you have to find them likeable. And in all fairness, the main duo were pretty amusing together, and Andre put in a good guest turn. However, the jokes were all horrifically lame and the most basic ‘this is this character’s personality!’ things ever. Most of them weren’t as racist as I was expecting, but every major supporting player is an extremely broad stereotype. Overall, this was dull and quite bad (but not horrendously so).

Okay, I’m down for another. I dare someone to throw me a CW thing, because I don’t think I’ve seen anything on that channel properly besides Reaper and Veronica Mars. No Arrow, please.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Bown posted:

Okay, I’m down for another. I dare someone to throw me a CW thing, because I don’t think I’ve seen anything on that channel properly besides Reaper and Veronica Mars. No Arrow, please.

Okay, I can do that for you, OR, I can throw you a knuckleball that has the danger of opening a sort of Pandora's Box. Your call.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm going to give you a choice, Bown, based on the titles, you choose which episode of Supernatural you want to watch.

-Route 666
-Bugs
-Tall Tales
-Mystery Spot
-Changing Channels
-The French Mistake

Once you pick the title you like best I will tell you the episode number.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'll take Mystery Spot, but also...

DivisionPost posted:

Okay, I can do that for you, OR, I can throw you a knuckleball that has the danger of opening a sort of Pandora's Box. Your call.

I need to know what this is too, so I'd like to be greedy and take both.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Supernatural Season 3, Episode 11 - Mystery Spot - it is!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Zaggitz posted:

Supernatural Season 3, Episode 11 - Mystery Spot - it is!

That's going to be a hell of an episode to watch for someone that's never seen the show.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Bown posted:

I need to know what this is too, so I'd like to be greedy and take both.

Well, Zaggitz is already giving you a CW show, so I'm giving you the Mystery Box. Some things to keep in mind, though, since this is setting a dangerous precedent. This show is...

...airing on American television.
...and contains no culturally objectionable content -- at least, no more objectionable than you'd find in an American HBO series.

And I'm bending the rules a little bit and giving you two episodes because, though the spirit of this game is to throw you into the deep end, it's really not fair to give you one without giving you the other. I just can't do it. If Deadpool wants to overrule me (for any reason, really, including this one), so be it; I'll be happy to give you something else.

But assuming that doesn't happen, Bown, you'll be watching Black Lagoon, Episodes 1 and 2.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Esroc posted:

This sounds like fun.

My general tastes are sci-fi and supernatural shows such as Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, Stargate, Doctor Who, Buffy, Vampire Diaries, Lost Girl and Supernatural. But I'd be careful recommending me anything from those genre's as there's a very good chance I've already seen it. I also have a soft spot for sitcoms.

My current running shows I keep up with are:

Always Sunny
Archer
Bobs burgers
Broad City
Cougar Town
Game of Thrones
Agents of SHIELD
Modern Family
New Girl
Orphan Black
Parks and Rec
Rick and Morty
Shameless
The Neighbors
True Blood
Vikings

E: Please enjoy your time with Gossip Girl, S03E15: "The Sixteen Year Old Virgin".

It's the cycle of abuse.

Solid Poopsnake fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 11, 2014

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

DivisionPost posted:

...and contains no culturally objectionable content -- at least, no more objectionable than you'd find in an American HBO series.

You motherfucker.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

BLACK LAGOON
BLACK LAGOON
BLACK LAGOON

YES

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

People who like Black Lagoon support incest between underaged twins, hth.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Solid Poopsnake posted:

E: Please enjoy your time with Gossip Girl, S03E15: "The Sixteen Year Old Virgin".

It's the cycle of abuse.

Well that's certainly not a show I ever thought I'd watch.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Zaggitz posted:

People who like Black Lagoon support incest between underaged twins, hth.

This is disingenuous as poo poo posting about something that doesn't happen until a full season after the episodes he is watching and is presented as horrific and fundamentally disturbing

also there's no nudity or weird anime bullshit, the "incest" consists of kissing

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Occupation posted:

This is disingenuous as poo poo posting about something that doesn't happen until a full season after the episodes he is watching and is presented as horrific and fundamentally disturbing

also there's no nudity or weird anime bullshit, the "incest" consists of kissing

Yeah that's my defense, but still: Bown, if the fact that this is a series that would even have that makes you fundamentally uncomfortable, I'll give you the out. I had legitimately forgotten that was a thing and I'd hate for this to lead to something that would really throw this perfectly good thread into the shitter.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 11, 2014

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Can we just have a no Anime rule? This thread'll get real dumb otherwise.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Updated

Occupation posted:

Here you go:

Propaganda Machine: Doctor Who Season 5 Episode 12
MrFlibble: Breaking Bad Season 5 Episode 14
Bown: Two Broke Girls Season 3 Episode 14 link
DivisionPost: Lost Season 4 Episode 5
MrAristocrates: Glee Season 3 Episode 7
Solid Poopsnake: Arrow Season 1 Episode 7
CuwiKhons: Yin Yang Yo Season 1 Episode 3
Senerio: Young Justice Season 1 Episode 16
Zaggitz: Skins (UK) Season 4 Episode 7
Annakie: Justified Season 1 Episode 4
Rarity: Dante's Cove Season 3 Episode 1
ThePlague-Daemon: Burn Notice Season 3 Episode 11
Bown: Supernatural Season 3 Episode 11
Esroc: Gossip Girl Season 3 Episode 15
Xeria: The Sopranos Season 1 Episode 5

Also here's a second category, Desired Reviews (they're reviews people want to see done by others with no prior experience in the show, if you're looking for someone to give you an assignment consider these "open").

Desired Reviews:

Friday Night Lights Season 1 Episode 20, "Mud Bowl"
Arrested Development Season 3 Episode 9, "S.O.B.s"
Parks and Recreation Season 3 Episode 2, "Flu Season"
Community Season 3 Episode 3, "Remedial Chaos Theory"
Mad Men Season 1 Episode 13, "The Wheel"
Battlestar Galactica Season 2 Episode 18, "Downloaded"
Game of Thrones Season 1 Episode 9, "Baelor"
Homeland Season 1 Episode 7, "The Weekend"
Twin Peaks Season 2 Episode 22, "Beyond Life and Death"
Community Season 4, Episode 13, "Advanced Introduction to Finality"

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love Black Lagoon and I've only seen the first two episodes. I don't know anything about that incest thing.

• Locked thread