Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
I think I'm done with this pay2win whale trap. Been having less and less fun playing, so I'm probably doing the right thing and quitting.

There's now a spot open in AgentsofGOON, if any of you wants to join a 20 man alliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
:smith: See you around, Fish!

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013
I've only been playing this for a couple weeks and I already feel like I've hit a wall. I can't get enough points in events to get Heroic Tokens, and Recruit Tokens just end up giving me yet another Classic Hawkeye or Modern Storm. Turns out my wonder team of Iron Man, The Juggernaut and some... rotating third character that I can't level anymore just isn't doing it anymore. Since I'm not really willing to spend money on this game, I guess I just have to stall out until I get lucky a few times with Recruit Tokens?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Funkchop posted:

I've only been playing this for a couple weeks and I already feel like I've hit a wall. I can't get enough points in events to get Heroic Tokens, and Recruit Tokens just end up giving me yet another Classic Hawkeye or Modern Storm. Turns out my wonder team of Iron Man, The Juggernaut and some... rotating third character that I can't level anymore just isn't doing it anymore. Since I'm not really willing to spend money on this game, I guess I just have to stall out until I get lucky a few times with Recruit Tokens?

Never spend HP on tokens. Focus on building up a decent roster and leveling them. ISO is easy to come by in PVE events and even getting 50 points in a PVP event can get you a few rewards.

Modern Storm is worth building up. Original Iron Man and Juggernaut? Not so much.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Most people would recommend against this, but when I hit that wall, and I had more ISO than I knew what to do with, I used them to buy regular tokens and hope to get lucky. That might not have been the best long-term idea, but I felt like it gave me a decent boost while getting to the point where I could consistently get two-star tokens from events

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013

Call Me Charlie posted:

Never spend HP on tokens. Focus on building up a decent roster and leveling them. ISO is easy to come by in PVE events and even getting 50 points in a PVP event can get you a few rewards.

Modern Storm is worth building up. Original Iron Man and Juggernaut? Not so much.

Well I have a couple Modern Storm covers on standby, so I'll be sure to recruit her once I get enough Hero Points for another roster upgrade. I do like Juggernaut as a last ditch trump card though, I just funnel all his health into Headbutt when I'm super desperate to win a PVE match.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Modern Storm is the best one star character. I use her in the shield simulator event. Very squishy, but on desert or jungle she generates so much AP that I can roll 3* teams.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
We have two applicants to our final spot in AgentsOfGOON. Speak up here with your in game name if you want a spot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Modern Storm is really great. I've been using her and Spidey in the Ragnarok event. Rags soaks up the hits while she just churns through the whole board multiple times a turn. :haw:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I have not been attacked in this pvp a single time. Turns out when you run a poo poo teamup with a poo poo reward people don't care! Oh well I'm gonna just grind up that 1000 iso hopefully.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Syrinxx posted:

I have not been attacked in this pvp a single time. Turns out when you run a poo poo teamup with a poo poo reward people don't care! Oh well I'm gonna just grind up that 1000 iso hopefully.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth raising my MMR and having to put out the :effort: to tank some Lightning Rounds for the last Loki cover I need.

Meh, I guess I should do it.

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.
Two questions:

1. Is the color order of rewards the same between events? For example, in this one, purple Loki is 50th place and up; black Loki is 10 and up. Is that always the reward order when he's the prize, meaning black is rarer, or are the colors random? I always forget by the time the same reward comes around again.

2. How are people getting such high scores in this PVE? My nodes in the subevent are only worth about 60-150 on the first use -- even the "Required" ones -- but the leaders in my bracket are well over 3000, leaving me near the bottom of the bracket.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The order does get mixed up a bit between alliance and personal rewards, that I'm sure of.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Yeah, I'm out. AgentsOfGoon has another slot open.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP goons

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Snazy Frocks was the glue.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Twas the shame that bonded us, not me. You forsook the shame and the pieces fell away, one by one... On the bright side a few more commanders leave and you can form the new goon order that I had envisioned. Moving people in and out, helping those who care in a given tournament and booting the slackers until they redeem themselves.

Sucks not getting top 100 rewards when you get the taste for them...

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Doubt I will be playing much longer too. The points needed just for top 50 have gone through the roof in the last week or 2.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Should maybe the goon alliances take roll and see if it wouldn't be better to try and consolidate?

Gregorio
Aug 9, 2010

Khanstant posted:

Should maybe the goon alliances take roll and see if it wouldn't be better to try and consolidate?

I'm still playing. Was getting 6th in the PVP and got top 50 in the last PVE to make sure I snagged a Patch. I only have 1 red for him though so I won't crack a Dakken cover this time (so next PVP may be a bit harder). I'm in G.O.O.N.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Well the shitwagon seems to have arrived in this garbage Ragnarok event. 875 points is not even enough for top twenty five in my bracket. People fighting over covers for Loki like it was a blue Spider-Man.

The rewards brackets had better loving be expanded by this horrible publisher if they want to keep any non-whales in the game whatsoever.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Syrinxx posted:

Well the shitwagon seems to have arrived in this garbage Ragnarok event. 875 points is not even enough for top twenty five in my bracket. People fighting over covers for Loki like it was a blue Spider-Man.

The rewards brackets had better loving be expanded by this horrible publisher if they want to keep any non-whales in the game whatsoever.

909 points grabbed me 4th place in my bracket. I wonder what the new system of placing people is where I'm getting good brackets and others are battling for a top 50 spot with the same amount of points.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You need 500 to be in the top 10 of my bracket.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I hit 700 and decided to not give a poo poo once I saw that it wasn't even enough to break top 75. My Rags is 2/1 so every match is a loving boring Spider-cripple fight.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Khanstant posted:

You need 500 to be in the top 10 of my bracket.
Pushed to 950 and I'm number 17. What in the actual gently caress

I even waited about 12 hours to join the event after it launched to try and dodge the eager whales.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They should be more tranpsarent how leagues are done now. I could probably grind my way to the top 20 points at time if i could handle grinding that much against weaker teams than mine. Plus sometimes I have to skip like 10 people before I can find a team of things that aren't like level 50.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
They seem to be grouping brackets by MMR then. If you're a beginner and seeing those kinds of scores thats the only explanation.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Heh the awesome rewards continue. Loki tournament with Iron Man Model 40. Already have mine at 13 covers and can't be arsed to waste the ISO on him.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lucked my way into another easy bracket, but woke up an hour before the end with only 300 points, so I couldn't make it to first place.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah my bracket was... not exactly competitive.

I'm going to have to make more of an effort to catch Lightning Rounds to tank my MMR in the future.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Got my 10-pack. A huge steaming pile of Moonstones.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
After booting a member for calling everyone fags :wtc:, Metal Bawkses is at 11/12 and looking for a new member. No requirement to pay it forward or anything. If you apply, please post your MPQ name here in the thread.

_Tundra_
Mar 19, 2009

Shroud posted:

After booting a member for calling everyone fags :wtc:, Metal Bawkses is at 11/12 and looking for a new member. No requirement to pay it forward or anything. If you apply, please post your MPQ name here in the thread.

Hi, I've just put in an application - MrTundra in MPQ. Playing daily so shouldn't be dead weight, I hope!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Hi I have been on vacation so now I can resume playing.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

D3P Forums member arktos1971 posted:

n my naive strategy, I have been spending an average of $60/day in the last 100 days, and from 1 to 6-7 hours playing each day.

I can understand when people have a lot of money or a lot of free time, but both at the same time?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

6 grand holy poo poo maybe this guy should just buy a realdoll

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
AgentsOfGOON still has two spots open. Come fill our gaping holes so we can keep pubbies out of them.

Diskhotep
Jan 4, 2008

gromdul posted:

AgentsOfGOON still has two spots open. Come fill our gaping holes so we can keep pubbies out of them.

I'm just getting started, but I'll give it a try as Diskhotep. Application sent.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

gromdul posted:

I'm also in to cockblock pubbies, MikeCrotch in the game as well.

Too bad I just read about the Daken nerf after I pumped him full of iso :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Pizza Dog is also at 19/20, so we're looking for a reasonably active player to help us out.