Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Well, good job, Emma. You probably put Regina right back into full Evil Queen mode.

On the bright side, we get Evil Queen VS Snow Queen next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Stop ruining Regina's life Charmings!

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Glob dammit. I know that was the rumor, but I cannot be the only one sick of this loving Frozen obsession.

(Pretty sure I'm the only one.)

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

foxatee posted:

Glob dammit. I know that was the rumor, but I cannot be the only one sick of this loving Frozen obsession.

(Pretty sure I'm the only one.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to see how in turns out OUAT style. But really Tangled was better.

And poor Regina. Woman just can't catch a friggin' break.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Captain von Trapp posted:

But really Tangled was better.
Really this. Frozen was just not that good of a movie. Tangled was way better.

Captain von Trapp posted:

And poor Regina. Woman just can't catch a friggin' break.
I honestly almost died of laughter when this happened. To be fair, it's entirely Regina's fault (better life choices might have lead to a not-evil-queen scenario), so acting like she's the victim here is a little excessive.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Merlinicus posted:

To be fair, it's entirely Regina's fault (better life choices might have lead to a not-evil-queen scenario), so acting like she's the victim here is a little excessive.
I feel deja vu. Did you copy paste that from the season one thread?

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Merlinicus posted:

I honestly almost died of laughter when this happened. To be fair, it's entirely Regina's fault (better life choices might have lead to a not-evil-queen scenario), so acting like she's the victim here is a little excessive.

Oh sure. She's one of my favorite parts of the show, but as I've said before she's pretty much girl Hitler. The whiplash as she as she lurches from sympathetic mother to genuinely deranged mass murderer and back a couple times a season does sometimes lapse into silliness.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

I thought they did a good job of portraying how evil Queen Regina used to be during Emma and Hook's time travel adventure.

Thank god they finally got together. I used to feel apathetic to them actually coupling up but this episode got me on board and made me fall in love with Hook. :allears:

The ending was great. I just wish everyone had a longer time of being happy. <:mad:> Dammit Emma.

fork bomb fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 12, 2014

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Uh ... Why did Elsa get the Evil Theme? I only half-watch and I don't keep old episodes so I might have missed it.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

Uh ... Why did Elsa get the Evil Theme? I only half-watch and I don't keep old episodes so I might have missed it.

That was the first appearance of Elsa, you didn't miss anything. I haven't seen Frozen so I'm coming into this blind.

Ela
Jan 10, 2011
Thought that was a pretty good finale! Though i was betting on Hook and Emma being stuck in the past a lot longer and into season 4. Hilarious that they bought back Marian, i knew it had to be someone of note but man, poor Regina!

I did quite like Frozen and I think it will be interesting to see where they go with Elsa, not sure i'd like it if they made her evil though. http://www.examiner.com/article/once-upon-a-time-renewed-by-abc-where-will-season-4-go if you read that, it does look like they're keen on getting Kristen Bell involved as well, so perhaps we'll be venturing to Arendelle.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
There were some iffy parts, like the fact that Rumpelstiltskin decided that there best place to put two desperate people, was in a gigantic vault filled with dangerous magic, but other than that I was pleasantly surprised. I have not seen Frozen, so it will be interesting to see what all the fuzz is about next season.

Oasx fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 12, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
How long are you in for?
Same as you. One more night.
Oh, that's not so bad. Is Regina going soft? :downs:

I love how often the show forgets Emma is supposed to be smart.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Kat Delacour posted:

I am cynical and only saw Frozen for the first time yesterday, but Elsa is basically the villain of Frozen, Anna is the hero*, so I'm basically fine with Elsa having the evil theme.

Actually I could probably do a good rant here about how Anna is only given agency by Kristoff and how, while Frozen appears to have 2 female leads, it's actually a story about how all a girl needs is a strong man. But I digress...

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 12, 2014

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I am cynical and only saw Frozen for the first time yesterday, but Elsa is basically the villain of Frozen, Anna is the hero*, so I'm basically fine with Elsa having the evil theme.

Actually I could probably do a good rant here about how Anna is only given agency by Kristoff and how, while Frozen appears to have 2 female leads, it's actually a story about how all a girl needs is a strong man. But I digress...

Eh? Did we watch the same movie? Hans was obviously the villain. He even had a villain speech. Elsa might qualify as the antagonize maybe but even that's a stretch. And the story was about all a girl needs is a family that loves her... Sisterly love saved their kingdom.

Anyways, back on topic, I really hope they put a blonde wig on Idina Menzel. Kristen Bell playing Anna would be awesome too.

At least, they gave Neil a better send off in this episode. I'm still not happy with his crappy death on the show, but this episode showed they hadn't forgotten about him at least.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Irish Joe posted:

How long are you in for?
Same as you. One more night.
Oh, that's not so bad. Is Regina going soft? :downs:

That's actually the one thing that bothered me about the show. Taking prisoners isn't really Regina's modus operandi. She's more of an execute them immediately in front of the villagers so they learn a lesson type of gal.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Watch it end up being someone else and they just looked like Maid Marion so she would be brought back. Its actually the return of Cora, and why the Knave is joining the main cast.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Ehhh, it was more like they thought the girls needed a man but in the end they didn't.

Haven't read the story by Anderson, but I'd be curious what they take from that and from Frozen for their interpretation.

bobkatt013 posted:

Watch it end up being someone else and they just looked like Maid Marion so she would be brought back. Its actually the return of Cora, and why the Knave is joining the main cast.
Pretty sure Cora was the Queen of Hearts the entire time Regina was Evil Queen (tm).

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sober posted:

Pretty sure Cora was the Queen of Hearts the entire time Regina was Evil Queen (tm).

Time travel poo poo.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

bobkatt013 posted:

Time travel poo poo.
Well I guess we haven't devolved into wibbly wobbly timey whimey yet

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Kat Delacour posted:

Probably because she'll be the villain, or at least threat, for next season. Let's all remember that just because Frozen went in one direction, it doesn't mean that Once Upon a Time is obliged to follow that same direction. Perhaps this version of Elsa drains the blood of the living to maintain her failing life-spark, bringing frosty death to whomever comes near.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Kat Delacour posted:

She was trapped in Rumple's vault of scary things. Seems like that is basically the recipe for Evil music.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

johntfs posted:

Probably because she'll be the villain, or at least threat, for next season. Let's all remember that just because Frozen went in one direction, it doesn't mean that Once Upon a Time is obliged to follow that same direction. Perhaps this version of Elsa drains the blood of the living to maintain her failing life-spark, bringing frosty death to whomever comes near.

Elsa's a pretty beloved character and a big moneymaker for Disney now and I highly doubt the company will allow Once to make her too villainous, if a villain at all. The producers of the show even said in an interview that it was really hard to get Disney to allow them to introduce her character on the show, and they had to make a whole presentation about her arc and everything.

Basically, I'd be shocked if she ends up being anything other than a misunderstood hero.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I haven't been more pissed off and happy at the same time at a TV show in a while. I'm super pumped for Elsa's appearance, especially that flick of the wrist shooting out ice (though a little weirded out by her apparently being a villain?) But I am SO MAD ABOUT EMMA BRINGING BACK ROBIN HOOD'S WIFE and loving up him and Regina. I'M SO MAD.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Macaluso posted:

But I am SO MAD ABOUT EMMA BRINGING BACK ROBIN HOOD'S WIFE and loving up him and Regina. I'M SO MAD.
Emma is a bad person and should feel bad.

I am so ready for Elsa and whatnot, but man, here we go again with Regina, and this time it's awful love triangle crap.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I don't think there's going to be a love triangle, seeing that Regina originally killed Marion. It'd be kind of creepy if she and Robin did end up together after all.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
So, now that Disney owns Star Wars, I wonder if they'll add Princess Leia at the end of the season four finale?

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
They already had Princess Leia :v:

Also I need Wizard Marty McFly, please make it happen ABC

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Kraps posted:

They already had Princess Leia :v:

This was very clever. They can't actually put Star Wars in the show because it wouldn't make sense (at least in my opinion)...but they can use the character NAMES and everything now.

Also I think people are reaching on the conclusion that Frozen girl is a villain. All Rumple said about that place is that it was for things he didn't understand. Doesn't mean that everything there was inherently dangerous or evil.

Merlinicus fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 13, 2014

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
It felt odd that a fantasy-land pirate kept having to explain the problems of time travel to the only person in that entire world who clearly had seen the Back To The Future movies. Rumple also seemed oddly well versed in all of the time-travel problems, considering he was absolutely certain time travel was impossible until that moment.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

qbert posted:

Elsa's a pretty beloved character and a big moneymaker for Disney now and I highly doubt the company will allow Once to make her too villainous, if a villain at all.
Peter Pan was a villain.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mad Dragon posted:

Peter Pan was a villain.

Also Hook is now a hero

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Mad Dragon posted:

Peter Pan was a villain.

Peter Pan isn't a Disney-created property nor a billion dollar franchise for the company.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

gently caress this show for making GBS threads all over Regina's second chance at happiness. Stop toying with my emotions!

I guess I should go watch Frozen now.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I can not wait for season 4 ending with Belle whispering Hail Hydra.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Dazerbeams posted:

gently caress this show for making GBS threads all over Regina's second chance at happiness. Stop toying with my emotions!

I guess I should go watch Frozen now.

The only thing that makes sense is that if Hood found out that Regina killed Marion when she was queen hitler he would never forgiver her even with her turning away from the dark side, so she's probably going to get killed off by Elsa and they'll be back together.

Makes sense as the finale already showed the OUAT universe has an auto-correct function when the timeline gets hosed up (trolls were defeated in a different manner but the result was the same) and I'm willing to bet that a show that caters to the fans as much as this one won't piss off the majority of them by Marion-blocking Regina with Hood.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

A Winner is Jew posted:

The only thing that makes sense is that if Hood found out that Regina killed Marion when she was queen hitler he would never forgiver her even with her turning away from the dark side, so she's probably going to get killed off by Elsa and they'll be back together.

Makes sense as the finale already showed the OUAT universe has an auto-correct function when the timeline gets hosed up (trolls were defeated in a different manner but the result was the same) and I'm willing to bet that a show that caters to the fans as much as this one won't piss off the majority of them by Marion-blocking Regina with Hood.

Haha "Marion blocking."

I like your hypothesis because it would solve the problems while excusing Regina from the whole 'I killed your wife' thing.

I don't see Disney allowing OUAT to make Elsa into a big baddie though, so if she is the one who kills Marion it will be accidentally. I feel bad for robin hood's son already. :smith:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
She's not "evil" in the movie but still brings everyone else to the brink of destruction and OUAT's done a fine job of having two sides to every story. Antagonists don't need to be mustache-twirling to cause friction.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

You don't think Robin Hood is going to get caught up on the fact that Regina was the reason Marion was taken from her family in the first place? That seems like something you don't just forgive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Tink said that not only did Regina ruin her life by not walking into that tavern but also ruined "mystery lion tattoo dude" life as well.

Damnit story writers.

• Locked thread