Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Monkeycheese posted:

Yeah, he's a monster physically still, and still visually impressive but this http://www.ewwarehouse.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Brock-Lesnar-Bio1_crop_exact.jpg is just ridiculous.

I agree completely. It's like a living Hulk. Imagine if he'd have been able to nail that Shooting Star Press. He almost got it too and I don't think that was something he spent time practicing. Thank God he didn't kill his neck and life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Too bad he's garbage with the mic and has one of the least intimidating voices in the WWE. That will always be his limitation as a 'character'. It's like he talks with his tongue on his molars at the back of his mouth or something.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I tend to think it's just WWE's usual creative dumbfuckery. Guy's a good promo on his own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Ell8U-7dE

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DeathChicken posted:

I tend to think it's just WWE's usual creative dumbfuckery. Guy's a good promo on his own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Ell8U-7dE

There were also plenty of times he stumbled on his words or was left speechless.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

dialhforhero posted:

Too bad he's garbage with the mic and has one of the least intimidating voices in the WWE. That will always be his limitation as a 'character'. It's like he talks with his tongue on his molars at the back of his mouth or something.

If he never spoke a word, his WWE career would have been so much better for it. Just give him a gimmick where he feels that talking is beneath him and "MY CLIENT" etc. Would have done him a world of good. Even that UFC promo was kinda half assed. "I'm gonna drink a beer, hang out with my friends and family and MAYBE have sex with my wife."

It's worlds beyond "JESUS IS THE ONE WHO GOT ME HERE GOD BLESS" but it's not really much beyond that.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Gatts posted:

I agree completely. It's like a living Hulk. Imagine if he'd have been able to nail that Shooting Star Press. He almost got it too and I don't think that was something he spent time practicing. Thank God he didn't kill his neck and life.

But the thing is he DID nail it.

He done it fairly often in OVW, the WM19 one was just a freak botch.

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp
Paul Heyman is a godsend for Brock who has been in my top 3 favorite wrestlers ever since the two alligned.

I never saw Brocks first run in the WWE. What are some fueds and matches I should check out on the network?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I remember the Undertaker feud being really mean. Which is kind of funny in hindsight.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
I think no discussion of Brock Lesnar could ever be complete without mentioning this gem.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

dialhforhero posted:

Iron Mike Tyson syndrome. You may be the scariest man on the planet but if you threaten to kick my rear end I'll have to chuckle a little -- then I'll lay down in a fetal position and wait for you to finish.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
as long as the topic of Lesnar being a monster is kind of going on I'll post this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU6fg2AxCuA
I love the way he just demolishes Spike.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Supreme Allah posted:

Iron Mike Tyson syndrome. You may be the scariest man on the planet but if you threaten to kick my rear end I'll have to chuckle a little -- then I'll lay down in a fetal position and wait for you to finish.

So are terrible tattoos part of this package or is that just a coincidence?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Gatts posted:

The SSP was his finisher in OVW. He has nailed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep1f4r_uqa4

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

An excellent part of that is that Jim Ross ALREADY KNEW WHO HE WAS when he hit the ring. There wasn't that horseshit "WHO'S THAT GUY" crap they usually pull on similar angles.

Yeah, who's that guy in full gear?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I never saw his OVW but are you kidding me? A guy that big doing that as a finisher? Jesus.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

dialhforhero posted:

His "Fargo cast member" accent doesn't help much either.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Lesnar was visibly tired and gassed completely out when he tried that SSP. Probably had a lot to do with it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Brocks triple powerbomb was amazing but it was super OP but cause it was a finsher by itself and overshadowed the f5.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
He would have hit the SSP if he had moved Kurt Angle, like, any closer at all.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Angular Landbury posted:

His "Fargo cast member" accent doesn't help much either.

LET'S DO THIiiiiiiiiiis?!

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Bard Maddox posted:

He would have hit the SSP if he had moved Kurt Angle, like, any closer at all.

Or if he had just used the closer goddamn turnbuckle. Every time I see it I want to shout at him for being such a dumbass.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

oldpainless posted:

Brocks triple powerbomb was amazing but it was super OP but cause it was a finsher by itself and overshadowed the f5.
I've seen a lot of people using OP to desccribe something good lately. What does it stand for? I keep reading Original Poster, and it makes no sense.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

LividLiquid posted:

I've seen a lot of people using OP to desccribe something good lately. What does it stand for? I keep reading Original Poster, and it makes no sense.

Over Powered

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Sir Jebus posted:

Or if he had just used the closer goddamn turnbuckle. Every time I see it I want to shout at him for being such a dumbass.

He probably had to use that one so the hard camera could catch it.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

He also double-pumps the takeoff, either because of the ropes being bouncier than he thought or by hesitation. It was a lot of bad factors that resulted in a bad SSP.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Over Powered

Nerf the SSP, devs.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Why is there so much fast cutting in this...

Fast cuts and total lunacy are kind of a thing for "HowToBasic" video tutorials

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Codependent Poster posted:

LET'S DO THIiiiiiiiiiis?!

I love that someone actually put that on a sign at Wrestlemania. It's right up there with Feeling that I'm Feeling Because I'm Feeling It.

Personally, I think stuff like this works in his favor. It makes him seen like a raving lunatic who does not give one single poo poo about what people think of what he says.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4vzPw4yvI0

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
The best wrestlemania sign always and forever will be "gently caress Me Cody Please".

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Xenoletum posted:

The best wrestlemania sign always and forever will be "Jag Thindh".

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Xenoletum posted:

The best wrestlemania sign always and forever will be "DEAN TITTY MASTER AMBROSE".

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Holy gently caress I forgot all about that. For those that missed it:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The best wrestling sign will always be "I SOLD MY TRAILER FOR THESE TICKETS" at some late 98 WCW PPV.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

This was my favourite as so many people got mad about it ruining Bryan's moment

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

This was my favourite as so many people got mad about it ruining Bryan's moment

That's why its my favorite too. HES BLOCKING BRYANNN i hope he dies.

JT > DB

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

crackage posted:

I never saw Brocks first run in the WWE. What are some fueds and matches I should check out on the network?

My brain is kinda addled so i'm blanking on specific matches except for Kurt/Lesnar WM 19 but in his first go he had runs against Eddie and Kurt and Taker. Had a run against early Cena where Cena got the "F-U" name for his finisher to be his version of the "F-5". I know i'm blanking on some. Oh try to find his handicap match vs The Hardy Boyz just for the spectacle of him just slinging them around like jobbers.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Commissar Ken posted:

My brain is kinda addled so i'm blanking on specific matches except for Kurt/Lesnar WM 19 but in his first go he had runs against Eddie and Kurt and Taker. Had a run against early Cena where Cena got the "F-U" name for his finisher to be his version of the "F-5". I know i'm blanking on some. Oh try to find his handicap match vs The Hardy Boyz just for the spectacle of him just slinging them around like jobbers.

Guerrero/Lesnar No Way Out 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Brock vs Show was always a spectacle. They had a match at a Royal Rumble where it was just Brock throwing around Show and it was amazing. They had a match on Smackdown that ended in this -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K30gm2OFhY

Which I think was the first time WWE did that, although they did it again since.

• Locked thread