Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Someone start making these threads regularly again next week please.

PPV STUFF!!!
-El Torito vs Hornswoggle WeeLC match, Torito wins. Best match of the night.
-Cesaro beats RVD and Jack Swagger in a three way.
-Rusev vs Truth and Xavier woods handicap match, Rusev wins after destroying Xavier outside the ring and then having a lovely singles match.
-BARRETT IS THE NEW IC CHAMPION.
-Shield beat Evolution in a goddamn awesome match, Batista takes the pin from Reigns.
-Bray vs Cena in a steel cage match. lovely match, Bray won when the lights went out and Little Johnny The Demon Child appeared. Bray hit his finisher on Cena and walked out of the cage.
-Paige won against that one diva.
-Bryan vs Kane, Bryan wins after putting Kane through what was technically a flaming table and then hitting him with The Knee.

RAW STUFF!!!
-20 man Battle Royal for Deans US title, Sheamus won.
-RVD vs Cesaro, RVD wins when Cesaro gets DQ'd for kicking too much rear end.
-Cody w/ Goldust vs Ryback w/ Axel. Goldust accidentally knocks Cody off the top rope via stupid bullshit, Ryback catches him for the shellshock and the win.
-More 3mb/Matadores shenanigans, the best feud in the WWE continues.
-Rusev killed Kofi.
-Bryan vs ADR, Bryan wins.
-Kane tries to attack Brie, Bryan hits him with a car which Kane no-sells, then Bryan drives off.
-Barrett vs Big E rematch, Barrett wins with the Bullhammer after poking Big E in the eye.
-Adam Rose debuted and danced around Zeb and it was silly.
-Shield vs Wyatts, Wyatts win after an evolution distraction. Evolution beatdown on the shield to end Raw.

Prozach posted:

No pictures no buys.

Sir Jebus fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
No pictures no buys.

But dat RAW sucked, yo. Not even because of the campy stuff, but because nothing loving happened.

E: Much better.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
If Batista's complaint is about money, that's fair. He has the right to do what he wants.

If he's just complaining about jobbing to Bryan, then gently caress him.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Can't believe John Cena's fear of Devil Child forced him to not appear on Raw. I thought you were better than this, John.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Best possible way to end a Raw, really.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

The Landstander posted:

If Batista's complaint is about money, that's fair. He has the right to do what he wants.

Batista's got plenty of money.

Also I warned everyone of a lovely Kane feud and was told "Oh it's okay" a month ago on this very forum.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

Also I warned everyone of a lovely Kane feud and was told "Oh it's okay" a month ago on this very forum.

Good job.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sir Jebus posted:

Best summary possible of this segment.

I am on board the Party Express and looking forward to where this magical journey goes. :allears:

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Prozach posted:

No pictures no buys.

But dat RAW sucked, yo. Not even because of the campy stuff, but because nothing loving happened.

The beginning and end were good, but the crowd sucked (Punk chants from the beginning are unacceptable) and the terrible horror movie stuff just isn't working at all. I wish Bryan and Kane were just allowed to beat the poo poo out of each other with various objects in various places; that's actually fun to watch and doesn't require Brie (or Bryan, for that matter) to attempt to act.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Daniel Bryan posted:

That's because it was meant to be a holding pattern feud. He was not meant to go into Payback against him. Now you are indeed correct and it's poo poo.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

The Landstander posted:

This, basically. Funny, though, that he was going to walk when he was booked to lose to Bryan, but now he's totally OK with working another PPV despite the continued lack of clarity on PPV bonuses.

Also, gently caress Batista anyway because the only thing remotely entertaining or interesting about him is the hilariously awful clothes he wears.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Prozach posted:

No pictures no buys.

E: Much better.
It was mediocre, yeah. At least we got some more pretty moves from Rollins!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Blonde hair woman seems pretty concerned by what's happening. The elderly gentleman in front of her, however, is all about the ring action.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Honestly, if Bryan got a new feud tonight, I'd have had no problem with it or how it played out. It's the round two - and the cheesy horror movie segments to build it - that's making it bad. Really, I don't mind wrestling being silly, but silly isn't good for the new world champion needing some legit defenses.

Which, again, brings us back to the "gently caress Batista" thing, though WWE really should've had a backup, or at least tossed someone else in there.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flatluigi posted:

It was mediocre, yeah. At least we got some more pretty moves from Rollins!

if he's gonna land on his head I'd prefer he never do this again

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

oatgan posted:

if he's gonna land on his head I'd prefer he never do this again

He doesn't land on his head! He lands on his face. Totally different.

BigDanRTW
Aug 24, 2003

Sir Jebus posted:

I loved Adam Rose in NXT so this isn't the first time I've seen him. I feel like for it to work for a Raw crowd his entourage needs to be bigger. The whole thing felt small because it looks so much grander in front of the NXT audience.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I don't know why they just didn't go back to Orton, with the exception that Orton is over played. At the very least you would get a good match out of it and Orton could claim he never got his rematch. And that he wasn't pinned for the title (even though Bryan's beaten him silly on numerous occasions)

Instead we're getting crappy horror unfolding on raw with Brie's laughable acting.

I would actually have LOVED it to be cheesy, I would have loved "Where too Brie, hahahahahahaha." But I can't even call it cheesy, it was just poo poo.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I love the Shield so much that they can save a show for me no matter how bad it was.

El Generico posted:

Also, gently caress Batista anyway because the only thing remotely entertaining or interesting about him is the hilariously awful clothes he wears.

Hey now, that's unfair. His spinebuster on Dean tonight was entertaining too. :haw:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Nutted but this RAW's sucking

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Remember that time Cole pretty much sat on his hands for a Shield/Wyatts match and then practically jizzed himself when HHH came out? Yeah, good times. gently caress HHH.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

The Landstander posted:

I'll just repeat --

I'm no fan of his but I can easily see anyone in that position going 'uh gently caress you, let someone else lose to him I tapped at Mania. by the way I'd like to win a match one of these days too.'

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Cross posting this from the game day thread because gently caress it.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Onmi posted:

I don't know why they just didn't go back to Orton, with the exception that Orton is over played. At the very least you would get a good match out of it and Orton could claim he never got his rematch. And that he wasn't pinned for the title (even though Bryan's beaten him silly on numerous occasions)

Instead we're getting crappy horror unfolding on raw with Brie's laughable acting.

I would actually have LOVED it to be cheesy, I would have loved "Where too Brie, hahahahahahaha." But I can't even call it cheesy, it was just poo poo.

I believe they want to preserve and protect Orton after the awful booking during his title run. I'm not saying I agree, I would take an Orton rematch 10 fold over this awful Kane poo poo. I just want it to be June 2nd. I'm going to that Raw and things will more than likely be reset there. As of now not excited for Payback one bit.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

MotU posted:

Nutted but this RAW's sucking

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kane is bad and has been bad for the large majority of his career.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Prozach posted:

No pictures no buys.

But dat RAW sucked, yo.

It really did.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

I always want to like Kane, 'cause I like his gimmick and his promos and his attire and his entrance and his signature moves, but then it's time for his angles or his matches and it always sucks.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

The concept of a Payback PPV just seems like a terrible decision when it isn't Backlash. Backlash made sense since it came off the PPV that everyone saw, and it put an official end to the biggest feuds of the year. There was a place for it. But when you're rehashing the same matches from a B PPV in back to back months, it almost seems lazy and definitely not worth full price if you don't have the Network.

(Fake edit: Your fault if you don't have the Network at this point)

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

What do you even call this move? An ariel spinning neckbreaker?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Sigma posted:

What do you even call this move? A spinning neckbreaker?

The sling blade

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Sigma posted:

Tilt-a-whirl flying lariat?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Prozach posted:

(Fake edit: Your fault if you don't have the Network at this point)

Or you live in another country :ssh:

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
I always like silly good guy monster Kane.

I'm really disappointed they aren't even referencing when he and Bryan were tag champs. I want this feud to end with Bryan suddenly grabbing Kane in a hug. Kane struggles for a moment then is like WHOA as it all comes back and he and Bryan become friends again.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Sigma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoXnfwhTvuw

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The only memorable thing about JTG

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Or you live in another country :ssh:

It's still very very easy to get the Network. I've been subscribed since day one from Ireland.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

TEGGS posted:

I'm really disappointed they aren't even referencing when he and Bryan were tag champs. I want this feud to end with Bryan suddenly grabbing Kane in a hug. Kane struggles for a moment then is like WHOA as it all comes back and he and Bryan become friends again.

Bryan can't stand hugging apparently, so that should be reversed as Kane hugging Bryan.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

Sigma posted:

What do you even call this move? An ariel spinning neckbreaker?

WHAT A MANEUVER BY SETH ROLLINS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

the_american_dream posted:

The only memorable thing about JTG

JTG planned it this way. How else do you think he stays employed.

• Locked thread