Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm probably going to take it back on my previous prediction that Oberyn might survive after some deathflags from Oberyn and the emotional intensity of that trial.

If they decide to keep him for a little longer, at least to make up for the lack of Dorne then I'll forgive them for killing Syrio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Huh, since Lysa's death is going to be the climax of the next episode, curious what episode eight is. I'm guessing 9 is Oberyn's death, 10 Tywin's, dead children and Arya sailing into Braavos. Is there a reckoning to Sansa's story or do they cut it there? I guess Stannis won't be sailing to the Wall this season? Or will he?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Tyberius posted:

If they decide to keep him for a little longer, at least to make up for the lack of Dorne then I'll forgive them for killing Syrio.

Syrio will be the man Tyrion calls to be his champion.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

Aurubin posted:

Huh, since Lysa's death is going to be the climax of the next episode, curious what episode eight is. I'm guessing 9 is Oberyn's death, 10 Tywin's, dead children and Arya sailing into Braavos. Is there a reckoning to Sansa's story or do they cut it there? I guess Stannis won't be sailing to the Wall this season? Or will he?

Episode 8 is Oberyn's death. 9 is soley about the Battle on the Wall

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
Season looks like it'll wrap up like this:

7-"Only cat"
8-Trial by combat
9-Battle at the wall
10-Tywin's Death

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Eight will be the trial by combat and Oberyn's death. Episode 9 will be when Ygritte and the Wildlings attack Castle Black

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Aurubin posted:

9 is going to be all Batte of the Wall.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Tyberius posted:

I never saw a body. Syrio is missing in action.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
10 will have Stoneheart. I think.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
My daughter is so upset because she thinks Tyrion is going to die. I've got to edit it down to just the last few minutes but I thought her reaction was funny.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Really getting mileage out of the Rains of Castamere these seasons. So what's the over/under on them cutting Aegon and Jon Connington? They've mentioned the Golden Company enough times for it to stick out, but christ, between that and Dorne it's way too many characters. And I really wonder what they're doing with Jorah. Does Barristan know in this version?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I somehow managed to mostly forget about that speech until right before he gave it. Seeing it come out of Peter Dinklage's mouth, with his face expressing how much hatred he has for how he's been treated all his life was just absolutely phenomenal. I think that may be my favorite scene the show has ever done. The whole thing starting from Shae coming out was just brilliant. I even liked the change of explicitly telling him the plan to send him to the Watch. It helped demonstrate just how much this betrayal has hurt him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Aurubin posted:

Really getting mileage out of the Rains of Castamere these seasons. So what's the over/under on them cutting Aegon and Jon Connington? They've mentioned the Golden Company enough times for it to stick out, but christ, between that and Dorne it's way too many characters. And I really wonder what they're doing with Jorah. Does Barristan know in this version?

That's not what over/under means!!!

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
So I'm guessing Jaime isn't leaving the kingsguard after all. I really liked that change, it showed how far Jaime was going to go to save Tyrion.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Aurubin posted:

it's way too many characters.

After this season they'll have room :v:

quote:

And I really wonder what they're doing with Jorah. Does Barristan know in this version?

Probably. Jorah prodded to know what he knows and Barristan deflected it with a smile. He's probably saving it for the right moment.

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Aurubin posted:

Um, they are about to have some space for new characters

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's not what over/under means!!!

I don't gamble.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
I like how they built up Yara and the Ironborn Murder Squad just to kill like five minutes accomplishing nothing.

Ramsay is unlocking the dog cage for about ten seconds, kill him with your axe. You are five feet away!

Dinklage going full Richard III is great, at least.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Potooweet posted:

I like how they built up Yara and the Ironborn Murder Squad just to kill like five minutes accomplishing nothing.

Ramsay is unlocking the dog cage for about ten seconds, kill him with your axe. You are five feet away!

Yeah that part was kinda dumb. But at least we saw some :black101: action

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Aurubin posted:

And I really wonder what they're doing with Jorah. Does Barristan know in this version?

They had a very inconspicuous shot of Oberyn when Jorah gets mentioned in the small council meeting. That confused me, until I remembered that his family is planning on bringing Dany back to Westeros. I have a feeling he's going to leak that information back to his brother so that it eventually makes it's way to Mereen.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Aurubin posted:

Since most plots are running into the final books, I guess it is time to introduce the Greyjoys and the Martells; also, Aegon crosses paths with Tyrion and I think it is kind of hard to remove him since it's another claimant to the throne.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Do you think Yara/Asha is going to go back to the Iron Islands to find Balon dead with Euron there?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Max posted:

They had a very inconspicuous shot of Oberyn when Jorah gets mentioned in the small council meeting. That confused me, until I remembered that his family is planning on bringing Dany back to Westeros. I have a feeling he's going to leak that information back to his brother so that it eventually makes it's way to Mereen.

Yeah I noticed that too. That's completely possible if they choose to go that way

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Roman Reigns posted:

Yeah I noticed that too. That's completely possible if they choose to go that way

So Quentyn fucks Jorah over? That'd be interesting.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Roman Reigns posted:

Yeah, here's the shot they cut to when they mentioned Jorah was no longer loyal to King's Landing and that he was a former spy. I'd put money on this being the eventual reason for his discovery.

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.
Well that Tyrion speech was everything I hoped it would be. loving awesome.

Far less expected is "Only Cat" looking like it is next episode. I honestly believed that would be in the finale. Starting to wonder where this is all headed towards...

Good episode though. Too short, but good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think that Dorne ratting out Jorah would take too long. Jorah needs to get kicked out this season. I think they're already setting it up with the letter that Tywin was writing to be delivered by Varys's little birds. Something to do with that letter is what will reveal Jorah to Dany.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

D&D know what book scenes they have to nail and they deliver every time.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I wonder if Tyrion will start reminiscing about Tysha in the following episodes, you can hardly expect show watchers to remember that story.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

That or they'll squeeze that scene when he talks about her in the "Previously on GoT" intro.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Regy Rusty posted:

I think that Dorne ratting out Jorah would take too long. Jorah needs to get kicked out this season. I think they're already setting it up with the letter that Tywin was writing to be delivered by Varys's little birds. Something to do with that letter is what will reveal Jorah to Dany.

No doubt, but in the span of about 2 episodes the Small Counsil found out about her conquest of Merren. Given the timeline of events, I imagine it would be easy for an unmarked letter showing up in Selmy's hands on a similar time frame. Or it could be treated like "who poisoned Jon" and it'll be revealed later. It's just that they pretty much dropped the whole "you will be betrayed 3 times" thing so it's not like she's on the lookout for that, and Jorah has zero reason to let that bit of info slip at this point.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Darko posted:

Haha, the Unsullied thread thinks this is all Cersei's doing.

I guess I glossed over it in the books then, because I still thought it was mainly her doing as well. What did I miss?

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
My girlfriend has been more invested in Tyrions trial than any other story arc. She actually said to me "Jaimes going to be Tyrion's champion and the crown will choose Bronn, there's no way you'll get me to think otherwise". In an earlier conversation she dismissed Oberyn due to him being "too important". I can't wait.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And I just watched the promo for the next episode. Only Cat looks like it's going to happen.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
The episode was loving cool. I am absurdly pleased that they are keeping the snow castle bit. Had a huge grin on my face when I saw that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've come to terms with them doing Lysa's death next episode because it means that every single episode in the second half of the season is going to have at least one incredible scene.

6: Tyrion's confession
7: Lysa's death
8: Mountain vs Oberyn
9: Lots of stuff with the battle on the wall, highlights - (hopefully) Ygritte's tragic death scene, Stannis' charge
10: Tywin's death, Lady Stoneheart (hopefully)

So pumped.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

Globo-Hitler III posted:

The episode was loving cool. I am absurdly pleased that they are keeping the snow castle bit. Had a huge grin on my face when I saw that.

That is excellent because as much as people here go on about if they will get Only Cat right, that bit is my favorite part of the chapter because it's a rare sweet sort of bit to contrast the rest of the chapter and so good for a visual medium as a reminder how far everyone has come since the beginning of the series. I was sure it would be the most likely thing that would get cut from the sequence.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The show thread figured out Oberyn vs Gregor pretty handily. Of course, the Mountain outta nowhere in the preview may have tipped the hand.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yes, that. Snow Winterfell is the best Sansa scene in the books, it'd be ridiculous (but easy!) to skip it and just have Lil F creep on her in some other way.

Also I'm convinced that Dinklage and Neejay Waldoo carry this show on their loving backs. So glad that they are writing more for the pair to do together. Hopefully last week was an aberration, both with how lovely the episode was and their absence. Maybe Jaime should have been sent to deal with Craster?

And Ramsay's dogs getting a cameo was cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Did the blood on Ramsay's chest come from him killing one of the Greyjoy men, or did he hurt the woman he was having sex with?

• Locked thread