Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bah its going to take forever for me to get the 100 evil points I need to get to lunatic I cant even imagine the people that have thousands of alignment points.

I made an alt for the purpose of murdering myself for easy evil points but the game preempted me and made it so only dudes of a certain level give out points.

e-Anyone know the exact requirements for this? Like does the player have to be the same rank as you or higher? Someone mentioning having alts run carts and then breaking them but that seems like a pain.

e-2 If anyone has a guy they aren't using anymore, preferably good, we could use him/her as a point lynchpin.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Bah its going to take forever for me to get the 100 evil points I need to get to lunatic I cant even imagine the people that have thousands of alignment points.

I made an alt for the purpose of murdering myself for easy evil points but the game preempted me and made it so only dudes of a certain level give out points.

e-Anyone know the exact requirements for this? Like does the player have to be the same rank as you or higher? Someone mentioning having alts run carts and then breaking them but that seems like a pain.

e-2 If anyone has a guy they aren't using anymore, preferably good, we could use him/her as a point lynchpin.

Messaged you on here with an alt that I've been passing around.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I have an issue: To raise my third internal cap higher, I need to 'complete a school patrol task'. However, the school patrol task (Everyday School Patrol)... doesn't work. I killed some suspicious NPCs, turned in the little miniquest, and got no credit for it. So I went to the next three coordinates, and none of the three 'patrol disciples' wanted to talk to me.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
3rd is actually killing a player who has intel on their spy mission, the old school patrol. Have a guildie go die for the cause.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Ah, alright. I'm going out for now, but when I get back tonight I'll totally ask a guldie to come die twice. Once I finish this task twice, I have enough FFS scrolls to jump from 23 to 30 max :toot:

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The npc patrol quest is a bit confusing. First you get the daily patrol quest, then you turn on patrol mode. Go to one of the spawn spots, get the quest from the npc there, and kill the spies that spawn. Go turn in that quest to the guy it says to. Your patrol mission gets updated, and you can return to the school intelligence officer for your reward.

Also, I heard that doing carts while in a team with a an evil character is a good way to farm evil points.

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 11, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So has anyone's dick been cut off yet?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

I saw a guy in chengdu that had two distinct debuffs on him. One of them said (paraphrasing) "Run away from the castrators to escape castration" and the other one said "You have been recently castrated and are in great pain. Any action taken causes the wound to re-open losing health in the process" or something like that but far more chinagame.txt so yeah I've seen at least one castrated guy. You can spot them because while they have the castrated debuff they are always wheezing and hunch over.

Thanks to Haq I grinded my way to lunatic in a sitting and tomorrow I'll have vagrants second internal to 30 so I'll be able to join the pretty dancing butterfly princesses. I have a feeling they'll suck, maybe I should grind the extra evil I need to go sinister and join peach instead. :v:

ponzicar posted:

Also, I heard that doing carts while in a team with a an evil character is a good way to farm evil points.
Breaking carts gives you evil points but as far as I've heard doing carts by themselves actually nets you good points. Fastest way to grind evil is (if you dont have a lot of kills that would otherwise block entrance to the factions) is to murder a good leaning character over and over again. I maxed out the daily amount of points you could get in about an hour.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 12, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

SynthOrange posted:

Not by Rootless, no.

You cannot castrate people on the weekends (they tested it last night) and during the week the event only activates in certain cities on certain days, ie Suzhou on Monday and Chengdu on Tuesday and so on (not sure if these are the actual days, just an example). I'm pretty sure the guy Cao saw had it done the old fashion way by the NPC since I was another person in Shen last night that got their dong cut off.

The restrictions are so loving chinagame.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Holy poo poo that Suzhou storm event was AMAZING. What with the hostages, medicine mini games, savage butchery and tempest staff getting massive buffs.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Welp was discussing stuff in guild chat and my ISP decides to take a big poo poo so my internet is out.

Just before I was going to offline stall too :argh:

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

Considering joining up, just one question. I heard the martial brother system lets new players get their levels up really quickly with the assistance of another high level player. Wouldn't then be most beneficial for a new player to get a bunch of levels from the martial brother system, then betray and get their pills for Vagranting?

askas
Jun 17, 2013

The doctor is open. Not sure where to get the gold medical needle, but 50 medical points isn't too expensive.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Does anyone have any clue what the Wudang headmaster daily is for? It rewards one of those 7-combine repentance style books, but I'm not sure what it exactly repents.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Baron O Beefdip posted:

Considering joining up, just one question. I heard the martial brother system lets new players get their levels up really quickly with the assistance of another high level player. Wouldn't then be most beneficial for a new player to get a bunch of levels from the martial brother system, then betray and get their pills for Vagranting?

that is precisely what you want to do, assuming you dont plan on sticking with a school. gotta get 3rd inner to 30 to get any pills though.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
Pictures from the suzhou event~

ded bodies and a huge-rear end lightning storm

Jet Li's goku power cannot be contained by mere mortals

That's some serious chinagame morality

Totally fun event, would play again 10/10
Drops demon soul chasing books, and TV set skills.

Skion fucked around with this message at 07:53 on May 12, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

In fact he dropped all of the TV set.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
In a stunning display of chinagame.txt, The shen family inner progression shines brghtly as a beacon of pure :psyduck:.

So, from level 5 to level 41 of the inner, it costs slowly rising numbers of certs per level. 10, then 20, then 40, then 60.

Then we hit levels 42-46.

These cost 600 certificates for each level, for a total of 2400 certs. This in a faction where your daily quest gets you 20-30 (on the rep levels anyone ahs reached) a day, and the potential to earn maybe 60 more from autismal grinding of the herb event. If you're lucky. So at best, we're seeing 80-90 certs a day. Compared to 600 per level.

Oh, and that's not all. the Shen inner goes up to level 69. The cost per level from 46-69? 258 per. The sudden mindboggling transition from 60-600-258 makes NO SENSE AT ALL, leading me to beleive it is either a typo (someone added an extra 0) OR there is some quest somewhere down the line.

Oh, and what makes it truly chinagame.txt is that every week you can spend 450L to purchase around 500 certs. so they're practically begging folks to buy Liang.

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011
450L seems really cheap to skip a fuckton of grinding.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

HapiMerchant posted:

In a stunning display of chinagame.txt, The shen family inner progression shines brghtly as a beacon of pure :psyduck:.

So, from level 5 to level 41 of the inner, it costs slowly rising numbers of certs per level. 10, then 20, then 40, then 60.

Then we hit levels 42-46.

These cost 600 certificates for each level, for a total of 2400 certs. This in a faction where your daily quest gets you 20-30 (on the rep levels anyone ahs reached) a day, and the potential to earn maybe 60 more from autismal grinding of the herb event. If you're lucky. So at best, we're seeing 80-90 certs a day. Compared to 600 per level.

Oh, and that's not all. the Shen inner goes up to level 69. The cost per level from 46-69? 258 per. The sudden mindboggling transition from 60-600-258 makes NO SENSE AT ALL, leading me to beleive it is either a typo (someone added an extra 0) OR there is some quest somewhere down the line.

Oh, and what makes it truly chinagame.txt is that every week you can spend 450L to purchase around 500 certs. so they're practically begging folks to buy Liang.

Are you sure the 47+ levels aren't advanced tokens? The Beast Villa level ups are advanced tokens at the super high not yet unlocked levels.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Skion posted:

Pictures from the suzhou event~

ded bodies and a huge-rear end lightning storm

Jet Li's goku power cannot be contained by mere mortals

That's some serious chinagame morality

Totally fun event, would play again 10/10
Drops demon soul chasing books, and TV set skills.

Is there a server notification of this? Or do you have to be in Suzhou to see it?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Just finished the Palace of Shifting Flower entrance quests and they were hilarious. You have to tell the guide like 10 times how horrible, inferior creatures men are and how they should serve us then I had to make makeup and new clothing for the tsundere leader.

e- Now the sidequests are making me bake cakes, do laundry :stare:

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 12, 2014

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Just finished the Palace of Shifting Flower entrance quests and they were hilarious. You have to tell the guide like 10 times how horrible, inferior creatures men are and how they should serve us then I had to make makeup and new clothing for the tsundere leader.

Getting mixed messages?

Also, do we still have the wiki from forever ago?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I told you POMF was the best faction.

Welcome to the baby deduction club.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Palace Shifting is Pretty girl right?

I don't think I could personally sit through doing said quests without getting angry, but I am enjoying reading about them so thanks for this. Post pictures of laundry task please.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

funakupo posted:

Palace Shifting is Pretty girl right?

I don't think I could personally sit through doing said quests without getting angry, but I am enjoying reading about them so thanks for this. Post pictures of laundry task please.

Im guessing an all women faction need to have someone do the laundry and Im the lowest in the totem poll right now. Now I got a quest that involves going to every single settlement and murdering a heartbreaker. Im literally an assassin that goes after cheaters. Every single major city and starter town needs social justice handed to it and it can only be paid in blood.

Also the flower cake baking is a mini game. I guess this is the "maid" system the site mentioned.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

"Maid System" lets you summon a bodyguard for an hour every half hour.

E: You get it later.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh my god I though these women where a little less uptight than Emei but that is not the case at all. They might be ok with kidnapping and robbing carts but they are stricter than them in every other aspect.

Drop out of lunatic? Discipline as you drop and every hour you remain out of lunatic.

Alcohol? Check. Meat? Double check, I cannot eat meat anymore which would explain why all the food they give me are sweets.

The trees and animals have feelings that I cannot hurt. I cant hunt or gather wood anymore. Welp, wouldn't be that bad if I wasnt a loving chef!

Cannot use killer related titles. Cannot have colored names caused by killings.

I sort of get why the faction leader goes on about being strict, this is insane.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Lunatic. Alignment.

Also if you forget to wear the uniform on palace grounds? +5 disc every entry and hour thereafter.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Haha holy poo poo and I thought that Shen was pretty strict.

I hope that Peach doesn't have any batshit stuff like that. I'll get my 7th and final token after my quest tomorrow and should be able to join into Peach!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Does Beast Villa's "Wind Tiger and Cloud Dragon" "Rip and Tear" effect add to everyone's damage or just the BV character's? Is the parry effect per hit or per attack, and does a single parry give you 10 stacks? If the BV set is literally Perish Blade but with Mangle it would be a must-get in the long term.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 12, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I will be selling pets on the market, for the love of god DON'T BUY THEM.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I will be selling pets on the market, for the love of god DON'T BUY THEM.

Pib sell me a big dumb boar or something.

Kylra posted:

Does Beast Villa's "Wind Tiger and Cloud Dragon" "Rip and Tear" effect add to everyone's damage or just the BV character's? Is the parry effect per hit or per attack, and does a single parry give you 10 stacks? If the BV set is literally Perish Blade but with Mangle it would be a must-get in the long term.

That's not the parry the parry gives 100% life steal on the set. The 10 stack effect adds 100% bonus damage to the normal spam and the super dragon punch is sort of like a mangle. I don't think it applies to anyone not using that attack. I've not partied with any other beast members but it says it's only for that attack.

It is basically perish blade though a little different. It's good for tanking and pve because the spam costs no energy and there is the life steal.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

randombattle posted:

Pib sell me a big dumb boar or something.

Well I can make some of the traps for cheaper than buying, but the second tier requires malachite and the third tier requires dragonbone. The cheapest one I can make is better than the normal trap and I THINK you can catch bears with it, but I'm not 100% sure on that one, just use a trap on an animal during the daily event. Talk to me in game about it, I'm sure I can pick something up for you to train. Oh yeah about training animals, you can just hop outside the cage and feed them from there without them going berserk. Buy the most expensive food, give them ONE, then wait until their nutrition gets down below 100 then feed them again. Their nutrition only decreases when they're summoned and it takes a while.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

randombattle posted:

Are you sure the 47+ levels aren't advanced tokens? The Beast Villa level ups are advanced tokens at the super high not yet unlocked levels.

no they aren't its just 258 certs per. I double checked.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

randombattle posted:

That's not the parry the parry gives 100% life steal on the set.
Does the life steal only last one hit or attack, or does it last for some duration?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Kylra posted:

Does the life steal only last one hit or attack, or does it last for some duration?

It's a stacking buff that is used up per hit. The more you level it up the more stacks you can have. Someone was saying that it's not linear but no one has access to the higher levels.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Sooooo I did a thing with my flute

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
So, I just go to yellow skull for eventually pretty girl. How do I maintain yellow skull on a daily basis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011

Saradiart posted:

So, I just go to yellow skull for eventually pretty girl. How do I maintain yellow skull on a daily basis?

Free a slave, kill a noob.