Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

GreenMetalSun posted:

Is there a rule about no tumblr? Because it almost seems like it's cheating.

...and yet I felt compelled to share this.

Every tumblr post like this I've read always saves the angriest sentence for last, even if the rest of it is pretty civil. I'm not even sure in what tone "Please you loving ableist asswagons" would be spoken if they were expressing their rant verbally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Wizard of Smart posted:

As much as I miss the tumblr mock threads, the reason they get shut down is because goons have a tendency to succumb to lots of infighting in them. Even though I love to laugh at trans-fat agephobic demiplatonic pansexual otherkin, its probably best if we dont post too much tumblr.

My understanding is that they get shut down because they attract right-wingers, seeing as the idiots on Tumblr are mostly left-wing. Sticking to mocking sites like Facebook where the idiots are right-wing helps to keep SA left-wing and therefore on the right side of history.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

FrozenVent posted:

Quebec's actually pretty gay-friendly these days, and we really don't have much of a right wing :confused:

For Montreal that's certainly the case, but I was under the impression that the small country got pretty bad, am I just wrong on this?

E: There was that bill where they wouldn't let Sikh people work for the government thing.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

LaughMyselfTo posted:

My understanding is that they get shut down because they attract right-wingers, seeing as the idiots on Tumblr are mostly left-wing. Sticking to mocking sites like Facebook where the idiots are right-wing helps to keep SA left-wing and therefore on the right side of history.

I don't think there's some grand mod conspiracy; goons devolve into stupidity and white-knighting after a mock thread has gone on long enough, no matter the subject.

This thread and the A/U/G thread have a varied enough scope that there's no chance for steady factions to form; it's the only thing that keeps them going.

Austrian mook posted:

For Montreal that's certainly the case, but I was under the impression that the small country got pretty bad, am I just wrong on this?

E: There was that bill where they wouldn't let Sikh people work for the government thing.

You're wrong.

It wasn't a bill, it was a proposed bill that was put up for discussion and it wasn't banning people of a certain faith from working for the government, it was banning people from overtly displaying religious symbols while serving the public on behalf of the government. It was handled terribly, and the party that proposed it got epically trounced during the last election, which tells you all you need to know about the popular opinion on the subject. (It was far from the main issue in the election, contrary to what English-Canadian media would tell you, though.)

Homosexuality's pretty well accepted in Quebec. You still have people who aren't too keen about it, your older folks and your farmers mostly, but the crowd that put up the charter of value, the PQ? They had an homosexual leader a couple of goes ago. They're moderate left, BTW - The right wing party's pretty much the one that's in power right now, or the CAQ, if you want to count the CAQ as a real party.

FrozenVent has a new favorite as of 05:12 on May 12, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Wizard of Smart posted:

As much as I miss the tumblr mock threads, the reason they get shut down is because goons have a tendency to succumb to lots of infighting in them. Even though I love to laugh at trans-fat agephobic demiplatonic pansexual otherkin, its probably best if we dont post too much tumblr.

Tumblr threads always end up eating themselves because hosed up as real/trolling SJW stuff is there's generally some shred of sense under it all and then the infighting starts about the nuances of being trans, privilege, etc.

Tracula has a new favorite as of 05:12 on May 12, 2014

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

The last tumblr thread was killed because a goon started talking about his adult baby diaper fetish and the next few pages were nothing but people mocking him.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Lottery of Babylon posted:

The last tumblr thread was killed because a goon started talking about his adult baby diaper fetish and the next few pages were nothing but people mocking him.

That sounds amazing :allears: Does anyone have a link?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Tracula posted:

That sounds amazing :allears: Does anyone have a link?
Archives are down, and have been down for weeks, so no.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Lottery of Babylon posted:

(Sorry for contributing to the derail)
That helldump was actually the thread before last.
The last one got closed because(and correct me if I'm wrong) it ended up being your typical 'right-wingers' bashing sjws.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Please go on about how threads that attract right-wingers get shut down, and how SA gives even a single poo poo about being on the right side of history.

This showed up recently:

HOLY poo poo, 200 CHEMICALS IN A BABY?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Really want to know what those awards at the top say.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
If you think that's crazy, I've heard they're even making babies entirely out of chemicals these days!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Love that the poster is a baby standing on top of a pile of chemicals, stating out at a pool of chemicals and wearing clothes made out of chemicals.

It's very thematic.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

If you think that's crazy, I've heard they're even making babies entirely out of chemicals these days!

DiHydrogen Monoxide makes up the majority of a baby!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Well, I spent the effort to type in that terrible url, and watched the trailer

"Almost all of our consumer products are made up of chemicals" - Senior Scientist of The Natural Resources Defense Council

No poo poo, most consumers aren't interested in buying a big 'ol bag of nitrogen or carbon, we tend to prefer chemical bonds to exist before purchase.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
You guys can laugh all you loving want, but I've gotten my level of chemicals in my body down to 7, 7 chemicals. Nobody else on earth I know has even gotten to double digits. Have fun dying while I live to be 300, asswipes.

Darryl Lict
Mar 17, 2009

Kellsterik posted:

I've never heard of any of them.

http://www.unacceptablelevels.com/about/acclaim/

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Kellsterik posted:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

kannonfodder posted:

Please go on about how threads that attract right-wingers get shut down, and how SA gives even a single poo poo about being on the right side of history.

This showed up recently:

HOLY poo poo, 200 CHEMICALS IN A BABY?

It's good that they got a nice blurb from a MOTHER. you can't beat that

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?

Non Serviam posted:

It's good that they got a nice blurb from a MOTHER. you can't beat that

Ah yes, but you're forgetting that she plays a doctor on TV.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Postal Parcel posted:

The last one got closed because(and correct me if I'm wrong) it ended up being your typical 'right-wingers' bashing sjws.

Can we not use that idiot dichotomy about forum posts, particularly outside of D&D? What killed that thread was that a couple MRAs bitched about feminism and the thread devolved into goons making GBS threads their pants at each other instead of posting context.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kajeesus posted:

Can we not use that idiot dichotomy about forum posts, particularly outside of D&D? What killed that thread was that a couple MRAs bitched about feminism and the thread devolved into goons making GBS threads their pants at each other instead of posting context.

You see the irony here, right?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Is it because it is happening right now? Is that the irony??

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

LaughMyselfTo posted:

adurrrrrrr. Aflurrrrrrp Burrrrrrrrr ddurruhepphhhhhfffffttttthurrrrrrr

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

LaughMyselfTo posted:

left-wing and therefore on the right side of history.

oh ok

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Sorry everybody. That post made me retarded for a second.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
noted democrat abe lincoln

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
I Care to an insane loving degree when someone doesn't share my political ideology

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Looked like legit commentary to me.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Oh, no, it's too late!

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

E: nevermind

Triskelli has a new favorite as of 18:08 on May 12, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

One day these chucklefucks will discover what goes into sausages and they're going to have a breakdown.

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Yaoi Mandel posted:

adurrrrrrr. Aflurrrrrrp Burrrrrrrrr ddurruhepphhhhhfffffttttthurrrrrrr

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Not an emptyquote

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

You should totally hit enter and :iceburn: that idiot on Facebook.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Why would he hit enter? He typed it all out, screencapped it, and posted it so we can see how cool and badass he is. Now it can be safely deleted in the most succulent of passive-aggression :smug:

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

I'm not sure if my husband hit enter or not. Just thought it was interesting when he sent it to me. Green is the wife of a pretty good friend and there's kind of not a whole lot of point in arguing on facebook with them. I'm still amused by 'if you disagree with bigotry, you're totally a bigot' bit though.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

I love how these people can never just make up one thing; they have to spin an insane web of lies where everything is a conspiracy and everyone is out to get them.

Yes, clearly we are all being sterilized by corn, and this is why the global population is suddenly decreasing so rapidly, right. :rolleye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ol qwerty bastard posted:

I love how these people can never just make up one thing; they have to spin an insane web of lies where everything is a conspiracy and everyone is out to get them.

Yes, clearly we are all being sterilized by corn, and this is why the global population is suddenly decreasing so rapidly, right. :rolleye:

Hey, not EVERYTHING in that infographic is false. I'm pretty sure no member of the government has called Monsanto out for making us all sterile. :ohdear:

• Locked thread