Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Women LOVE Gamzee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Ladies Love the Clown Jerk.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
well looks like were back to comics where the author forget to tell a joke

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Good grief this is a bad one.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

A big flaming stink posted:

"Knock Kno--"

"GOD GET TO THE PUNCHLINE ALREADY! :argh:"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Considering it's gonna be nine pages long I'm inclined to give it some time.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Is this by the person who does Gastrophobia?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Blackheart posted:

Is this by the person who does Gastrophobia?

It is indeed.

Do any other PS comics have alt-text, or is it just the first page of this one?

Also I just realized Paradox Space and Problem Sleuth share initials.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Only this one and the last one from Critical Whale seem to have them.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 12, 2014

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I dunno man, John coming away with a sincere sense of gratitude as a result of Karkat's whining is pretty funny to me.

Also, there's a new blogpost by Hussie, and I think it's pretty interesting.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Also I just realized Paradox Space and Problem Sleuth share initials.

It's the reason why the Officially Canonically Official Canon Hussie-Endorsed initials of Paradox Space are "PXS".

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I didn't think the second page had a joke, but I guess 'Define irony' is a Con Air reference and, given the context of the scene, I could definitely see Vriska using a movie quote to slam the competition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtCFt_0hMyc

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

PS is in PXS guys.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Dolash posted:

It's true that just about every one of the players has at least a basic character archetype and the bones of a development arc, it's just most of them don't get the time or attention to see them through.

I continue to maintain that they don't get development as a deliberate point about how character development works in real life as opposed to in stories.

The reason why Jake hasn't gotten a sudden moment of getting it together and becoming a badass warrior instead of an awkward teenager is the same as the reason why Vriska hasn't gotten a sudden moment of redemption. It's also the same as the reason why John developed a case of being a teenage rear end in a top hat offscreen and then got over it offscreen. It's because human development (or troll development I guess) doesn't work the way stories usually present it. It's not dramatic. It happens over time.

(This is pretty much what Aranea is going on about when she talks to Terezi about truth and healing.)

(See also: almost everything that would normally be important in a story like this, such as almost everything about actually playing Sburb, happens offscreen.)

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Roxy, Vriska, Caliborn, and Vriska hanging out together already makes this The Best Comic Yet :swoon:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Solaris Knight posted:

Roxy, Vriska, Caliborn, and Vriska hanging out together already makes this The Best Comic Yet :swoon:

Now requesting a Paradox Space update that's just multiple Vriskas from beta timelines interacting with each other.

I'm thinking somewhere between seven and nine of them.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

I continue to maintain that they don't get development as a deliberate point about how character development works in real life as opposed to in stories.

The reason why Jake hasn't gotten a sudden moment of getting it together and becoming a badass warrior instead of an awkward teenager is the same as the reason why Vriska hasn't gotten a sudden moment of redemption. It's also the same as the reason why John developed a case of being a teenage rear end in a top hat offscreen and then got over it offscreen. It's because human development (or troll development I guess) doesn't work the way stories usually present it. It's not dramatic. It happens over time.

And the reason stories do not present it this way is because it often makes for miserably bad stories, as evidenced by the first three quarters of Act 6.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Solaris Knight posted:

Looks like Burk and I are in agreement

We are totally not down with the clown :rant:

Well, Gamzee actually because he's so generic thug, Kurloz at least has an arc and personality via Meulin. Gamzee's like 'IMMA KILL YOU HONK HONK >:0D"

Kurloz's personality is that he mind controls people into being his slaves and wants to destroy all of reality. How is that an improvement over Gamzee?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Kurloz's personality is that he mind controls people into being his slaves and wants to destroy all of reality. How is that an improvement over Gamzee?

Well there's that thing about being plagued by nightmares so horrific that his mid-sleep screams caused his girlfriend to go permanently deaf and drove his best friend into insanity. So there's that.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

Well there's that thing about being plagued by nightmares so horrific that his mid-sleep screams caused his girlfriend to go permanently deaf and drove his best friend into insanity. So there's that.

There was only one nightmare, not a series of them. That one nightmare is what caused him to scream so loud that Meulin went deaf. It also had nothing to do with Mituna, who is not insane but does suffer from brain damage caused by an unrelated incident.

Also: He uses his EX-girlfriend as a mind controlled slave even though she wants nothing to do with his creepy reality ending clown religion.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

There was only one nightmare, not a series of them. That one nightmare is what caused him to scream so loud that Meulin went deaf. It also had nothing to do with Mituna, who is not insane but does suffer from brain damage caused by an unrelated incident.

Also: He uses his EX-girlfriend as a mind controlled slave even though she wants nothing to do with his creepy reality ending clown religion.

I concede the multiple nightmares point, but it was ABSOLUTELY related to Mituna's madness.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

I concede the multiple nightmares point, but it was ABSOLUTELY related to Mituna's madness.

Again: Mituna is NOT mad. He's brain damaged. They're completely different. And how do you think they're related? Mituna's brain damage occurred during an off panel incident that only Kurloz witnessed. Kurloz says the incident involved Mituna saving everyone, but was vague about the details. The subtle implication being that Kurloz was the one who caused Mituna to get hurt for his own nefarious purposes and then lied about.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Again: Mituna is NOT mad. He's brain damaged. They're completely different. And how do you think they're related? Mituna's brain damage occurred during an off panel incident that only Kurloz witnessed. Kurloz says the incident involved Mituna saving everyone, but was vague about the details. The subtle implication being that Kurloz was the one who caused Mituna to get hurt for his own nefarious purposes and then lied about.

Nefarious purposes that came about as a direct result of the nightmare.

Thanks for playing.

edit: Also, calling the implication "subtle" is a stretch. Yes, Aranea and Meenah seem oblivious to the connection, but their failure to recognize Kurloz' dubious intentions is played for laughs, like Dave and Karkat joking about the absolute inconsequentiality of Gamzee's clown religion.

edit2: And anyway, regardless of who caused what and when and what truly defines madness, the larger point is that Carlos is an interesting character in his own rite, not just a complete one-note. That is literally all that I was trying to establish, and ironically your arguing with me has done nothing but support this point.

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 12, 2014

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Oxxidation posted:

And the reason stories do not present it this way is because it often makes for miserably bad stories, as evidenced by the first three quarters of Act 6.

Such is life!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I don't know, if that's what he was aiming for (meaning: not everyone gets their development, let alone their happy ending) it's a pretty interesting concept to put in a story.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

paradoxGentleman posted:

I don't know, if that's what he was aiming for (meaning: not everyone gets their development, let alone their happy ending) it's a pretty interesting concept to put in a story.

It is; remember that the way the second kids' session was set up was entirely about them taking care of their Sburb world in waiting for the REAL heroes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

Nefarious purposes that came about as a direct result of the nightmare.

Thanks for playing.

edit: Also, calling the implication "subtle" is a stretch. Yes, Aranea and Meenah seem oblivious to the connection, but their failure to recognize Kurloz' dubious intentions is played for laughs, like Dave and Karkat joking about the absolute inconsequentiality of Gamzee's clown religion.

edit2: And anyway, regardless of who caused what and when and what truly defines madness, the larger point is that Carlos is an interesting character in his own rite, not just a complete one-note. That is literally all that I was trying to establish, and ironically your arguing with me has done nothing but support this point.

Oh, I misunderstood: I wasn't trying to argue that Kurloz wasn't interesting I was trying to argue he was a nefarious douchebag. I thought you were implying that Kurloz was somehow nicer than Gamzee, my bad.

I actually agree with you: Kurloz is interesting, most of the alpha trolls are. My personal favorite who I wish would get more screen time is Damara.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 12, 2014

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I thought it was hinted that the reason Mituna is brain damaged was the mental strain from him launching his session's Prospit moon into paradox space. Maybe that was just a fan theory :shrug:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Triskelli posted:

I thought it was hinted that the reason Mituna is brain damaged was the mental strain from him launching his session's Prospit moon into paradox space. Maybe that was just a fan theory :shrug:

I think this was just a fan theory. All that we know is that Mituna was always predicting some doom to come, then he and Kurloz hung out one day, and Mituna ended up brain damaged pushing his powers too hard while trying to prevent some particular doom.

It was implied that that doom was Kurloz-related (and thus, probably, Lord English -related), but we don't know what it was, or even if has successful in his attempt to stop it. After all, Kronos failed in his game-role of being a Lord English defeater.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Yeah, I know it wasn't stated outright but I'm pretty drat sure the Beforus Prospit moon disappeared under mysterious circumstances too. Don't feel like going through three flash games to confirm/deny though.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Triskelli posted:

Yeah, I know it wasn't stated outright but I'm pretty drat sure the Beforus Prospit moon disappeared under mysterious circumstances too. Don't feel like going through three flash games to confirm/deny though.

It was a stupid fan theory about how Karkat, Terezi, Kanaya, Gamzee, and maybe Sollux would all get to become godteir because they are all Prospit dreamers and if the Beforus's prospit moon were to somehow come into the session and they slept on the crypt beds and it was destroyed blah blah blah

It showcases how loving stupid some of the idiot shits who read this comic are. I legitimately hate them.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

life_source posted:

I legitimately hate them.

With that avatar? I loving believe it.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I mean, I could see Hussie god-tiering everyone before the comic is done, just to have the chance to show off more god-tier powers combos, but that was only likely when there was a substantial part of the story left. Now that we're ostensibly at the 'end', the odds of that happening are quite a bit lower.

Also the fact that Dave has done literally nothing with his god-tier powers, which fits his story arc but is still rather frustrating.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Bobulus posted:

I mean, I could see Hussie god-tiering everyone before the comic is done, just to have the chance to show off more god-tier powers combos, but that was only likely when there was a substantial part of the story left. Now that we're ostensibly at the 'end', the odds of that happening are quite a bit lower.

Also the fact that Dave has done literally nothing with his god-tier powers, which fits his story arc but is still rather frustrating.

Karkat can never go godtier. He will forever be our ineffective, yelling child; we wont let him fly, but we might let him sing.

Triskelli posted:

With that avatar? I loving believe it.

drat straight. :colbert:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Triskelli posted:

That was a fan theory invented by homestuck enthusiast bladekindeyewear, everything he says is terrible and wrong.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

That was a fan theory invented by homestuck enthusiast bladekindeyewear, everything he says is terrible and wrong.

I follow his tumblr because I enjoy people trolling him and this is like, the one thing he doesn't buy into actually
probably because he didn't come up with it first

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Bladekindeyewear is hilarious in a dumb fanfiction way, and as a consumer and producer of dumb fanfiction, I admire his moxie, even if it is terrible and so far up its own rear end as to become a mobius loop.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Honestly the worst thing he ever got stuck in his head was the idea that every single character would wind up in a relationship at the end. That's where the "romspec" comes from.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I think BladeKindEyeWear may actually have gone crazy. Last I looked, he was playing through every branch of the Namco High game for hints about the ending of Homestuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Jokes on him, isn't the game going offline pretty soon?