Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Rorobb posted:

Pretty disappointing..... If that Adam Scott canceling story is true I feel a little cheated to be honest

What's this now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Presumably Adam Scott was not at the NYC show, and Scott let this slip causing upset.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Mr. Squishy posted:

Presumably Adam Scott was not at the NYC show, and Scott let this slip causing upset.

The golfer?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Scott should book a Scott/Daly epi except they're both the golfers.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

Well yes, apparently Adam told Scott he would be in the NY live show with PFT (SPOILER: on the next U2 podcast) and then texted Scott one hour before the show "can't make it bro". I know this because Scott spent the first 5 minutes on throwing Adam under the bus.

So the whole show was just Scott and PFT, because I assume Scott figured he wouldn't have to book anyone else. Oh well it was still pretty good I guess, but if I knew I was just going to be hearing Werner / Cake Boss for the 20th time I probably wouldn't have paid for two tickets.

But I'm just a jaded goon so I dunno

Rorobb fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 12, 2014

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I saw the PFT-only show and thought it was fine, then impulse bought tickets for the second show and it was also really good :shobon:

Second show was twenty seconds of Wyatt Cenac and then Alan Thicke+Fourval, which was, of course, fantastic

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Rorobb posted:

Well yes, apparently Adam told Scott he would be in the NY live show with PFT (SPOILER: on the next U2 podcast) and then texted Scott one hour before the show "can't make it bro". I know this because Scott spent the first 5 minutes on throwing Adam under the bus.

R.I.P. "U Talkin' U2 To Me?".

Also, haven't listened to the latest CBB yet but as soon as I saw the title "Time Bobby 3" I did a lil' fist pump :getin:.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The Time Bobby series is, at this point, them just listing random words.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rorobb posted:

So the whole show was just Scott and PFT, because I assume Scott figured he wouldn't have to book anyone else. Oh well it was still pretty good I guess, but if I knew I was just going to be hearing Werner / Cake Boss for the 20th time I probably wouldn't have paid for two tickets.

But I'm just a jaded goon so I dunno

Yeah, it wasn't a great show but they tried. I'll give'em that. It was actually too long. I think Scott wanted to make up for the lack of guest so he had PFT pull extra duty and it was a little too much.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Mr. Squishy posted:

Personally sure, but just wait till PFT stuffs the ballot box for Time Bobby 3.

PFT got wind of the Solo Bolo and just DEMANDED TB3 follow it up.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man I liked the first two but I dunno if there needed to be a third time bobby

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Time Bobby has always been one of the least funny ongoing ones to me. This one had a few funny moments, and the very last line was pretty great, but I don't like the whole "comic book-y twists in lieu of humor" thing that's happened in all three of them now, which is why I also don't like how some of the Andy Daly ones have gotten lately, either. All three guys in the Time Bobby stuff are funny, but unfortunately the episodes don't live up to that for me at all.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I didn't love this one as much as the first two but the Sir ALW peeing in his own mouth bit was hilarious and pretty much made the whole episode for me.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I don't like when any of the episodes have a prescribed feel, like this and last TB, but you people voted that one the best CBB of 2000 whatever. Still funny, but the show is clearly at its best with absurdist cut-ins and things that Scott doesn't expect and reacts to.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I think the biggest problem is that when they keep doing sequels, they're pretty much locking these guests in together. I'd love to have Moynihan come in for something other than TB, or Gilly with someone other than Gary.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

The Senator Giroux posted:

I think the biggest problem is that when they keep doing sequels, they're pretty much locking these guests in together. I'd love to have Moynihan come in for something other than TB, or Gilly with someone other than Gary.

You seem to be in luck then. According to an earlier post in this thread, one of the live recordings yesterday was Fourvel and Alan Thicke.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

UP AND ADAM posted:

but you people

What do you mean, "you people"?

Beeez
May 28, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

I don't like when any of the episodes have a prescribed feel, like this and last TB, but you people voted that one the best CBB of 2000 whatever. Still funny, but the show is clearly at its best with absurdist cut-ins and things that Scott doesn't expect and reacts to.

The Senator Giroux posted:

Yeah, I agree with both of you. I like all those people but I'd rather they come up with something new instead of doing the same groupings playing the same characters over and over.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it's especially bad with Time Bobby because it's basically the same as the first two but with longer acronyms

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I don't care, the end of this episode was rad as they unzipped their costumes.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Time Bobby is fun but I felt both sequels have failed to live up to the magic of the first.

The last three episodes have all been insanely hilarious though. My #1 pick is still "A Thrilling CBB Adventure" though.

EDIT: Sorry, I posted before finishing the episode. No plugs, worst episode ever.

cams fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 12, 2014

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Stretching a joke out to ridiculous lengths/taking a premise to its extreme is basically CBB's comedy bread and butter, so I kind of just see the 'sequel' episodes as extensions of that idea. Plus I enjoy seeing how the comedians build on/differentiate from what they've already done. But I agree with the downside that for the less regular guests (Moynihan, Jacobs) it does suck not hearing them play different characters and/or interacting with other people. Anyone blaspheming in this thread that Time Bobby #1 isn't funny is insane though, that episode is incredible.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

I think it's especially bad with Time Bobby because it's basically the same as the first two but with longer acronyms

I'm still listening to the episode, but I refuse to believe that they went with a longer mnemonic device than "Interdimensional Fryvault Grab".

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Also, I didn't know Stephen Sondheim was also Kermit the Frog.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

cams posted:

Also, I didn't know Stephen Sondheim was also Kermit the Frog.

Ziiiiiiiiip!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

LoboLoboLobo posted:

Ziiiiiiiiip!

im peabo bryson

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
That was the stupidest thing I've ever loved.

I like how everyone seems to simultaneously be dreading the callbacks from prior episodes and racing to be the first one to bring them up.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Finally! A normal, basic, calm episode after last week's insane solo bolo.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I wasn't a huge fan of this episode but ZZZZZIP should be at least a B-b-b-b-bonus clip at the year end.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
This episode got funnier as it got more meta and silly. Anyways, it can't be worse than "fine" with these guests.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I really didn't expect to like this episode but somehow getting mired in the ridiculous "mythology" of ALW/Fourville worked to their advantage. The final 10 minutes were a fitting capstone to the entire silly endeavor.

I think it also helped that we didn't waste time with "precocious, unassuming" Fourville and Moynihan took him straight into "not taking anybody's poo poo" territory.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I liked the episode, but I want Bobby Moynihan to do a different character next time he's on.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

I liked the episode, but I want Bobby Moynihan to do a different character next time he's on.

same

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Yep. Or bring back Barkley.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Weird, I remember being thoroughly underwhelmed by Time Bobby 2 but this episode had me cracking up multiple times. Sput I agree, no more Time Bobby...or Farts & Procreation. Make room for new exciting things!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I completely lost it about the time that JW Stillwater showed up. HEY, YA'LL HEAR THEM SIREENS?

We need so many more JW Stillwater episodes.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

ArtVandelay posted:

I completely lost it about the time that JW Stillwater showed up. HEY, YA'LL HEAR THEM SIREENS?

We need so many more JW Stillwater episodes.

Someday people will be as sick of stillwater as they are of Cake Boss. All things must fade.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Poopy Palpy posted:

Someday people will be as sick of stillwater as they are of Cake Boss. All things must fade.
People who are sick of Cake Boss are absolutely wrong though.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bring back john c. reilly, bring back every game that isn't would you rather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

epitasis posted:

bring back john c. reilly, bring back every game that isn't would you rather

http://www.gosuperego.com/podcast-episode-3-4/