Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

They should have an event where only Rank 3 accounts get something exclusive that ultimately sucks. Make it last 2 days as well so poopsockers can't make new accounts to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Just make the items non-trade able and it should be alright. Also, rank 2 is probably a tad but low, 3 minimum makes sense partly because botters seem to be able to make it to rank 2 or so before they're banned given the thresholds they set on different account actions. Events are just beta event weekends where they throw half-baked ideas at their players.

Also, rewarding older players is a pretty obvious ploy to reduce account attrition when you're running into your max market potential and new player subscriber rates are down. We may start seeing PS4 eclipse PC if the PS4 continues strong growth throughout its lifecycle.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
I'd rather see a worthwhile game experience, something new and exciting to do in the game with whatever gear I already have, rather than more fake customizations to kill the same old poo poo, over and over again.

I'd rather see new units as I rank up in levels, rather than the same units scale up to my level. I'd rather see XP unlock guns, each specifically designed for a certain faction, or to satisfy a specific play style, none better than the other, just different. If stuff gets shot or stabbed in a weakpoint (like head, back, torso, unarmored limbs) it dies or it is incapacitated no matter the gun.

I would like all the mods gone (at least from weapons). Despite hundreds of mods (you need to grind for a lot), they offer no real customization, and only a dozen of them are useful. There is the optimal setup and then there is the you do not know what the gently caress you are doing setup.

The difference between Venus and Pluto in terms of play style and game experience is, in my opinion, limited to slapping higher ranked damage mods and aoe abilities on your stuff, and not much else.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 12, 2014

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I love cats posted:

I would like all the mods gone (at least from weapons). Despite hundreds of mods (you need to grind for a lot), they offer no real customization, and only a dozen of them are useful. There is the optimal setup and then there is the you do not know what the gently caress you are doing setup.

They should just remove all +damage mods. Multishot, serration, fire rate, gone. Leave elemental damage, but just have it convert a % of your maximum damage to that type rather than add more. It'd open up way more possibilities for mod configurations.

At the very least they could beef up weapon damage and then lower all the +damage mods to like, 10% of what they are now so that mods are still important but allow a little more flexibility.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

They should just remove all +damage mods. Multishot, serration, fire rate, gone. Leave elemental damage, but just have it convert a % of your maximum damage to that type rather than add more. It'd open up way more possibilities for mod configurations.

This is absolutely what they should do, but they seem pretty intent on not doing it. :(

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The whales have made it very clear that they want to keep serration. Oh sorry, 'design council'. I'm bad with euphemisms.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

That's because they're a bunch of morons who don't care if new players have a decent time as long as it's hard for them.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Getting rid of damage mods has been brought up multiple times and it's pretty much not even worth mentioning at this point, because DE has made it very clear that they won't do anything to destroy people's ~investment~ due to how their whiny community fucks out at the smallest thing. Remember when they literally gave free platinum to every player after update 10? If I remember right that was seriously just because they diluted the prime drops too much and their community threw an utter shitfit about it.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I'd be okay with modding entirely by a benefit-drawback system, like the Corrupted mods but with actual balance.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Getting rid of damage mods has been brought up multiple times and it's pretty much not even worth mentioning at this point, because DE has made it very clear that they won't do anything to destroy people's ~investment~ due to how their whiny community fucks out at the smallest thing. Remember when they literally gave free platinum to every player after update 10? If I remember right that was seriously just because they diluted the prime drops too much and their community threw an utter shitfit about it.

It's a resource and time sink for a F2P game. I can't imagine DE removing them unless they result in a threat to their daily bookings.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

At the very least they could beef up weapon damage and then lower all the +damage mods to like, 10% of what they are now so that mods are still important but allow a little more flexibility.

Couldn't agree more!

Alternatively, just leave anything related to damage out of the equation and only allow for elemental modding and status chance for indirect damage output increase via elemental weakness/proc/cc (without actual damage bonuses).

Damage itself could then be further -indirectly- modded via punch through, recoil, reload, fire rate, crit, mag size mods. Each mod adding a small drawback for its bonuses (higher recoil for punch through, or slower reload for fire rate, less damage for less recoil, less crit multiplier for crit chance whatever).

That will give you a choice between modding for elemental or gun stats (since you want have room for all).

(all this in the context of re-balancing enemy hp/armor/shield values and level scaling).

Later edit:

Denzine beat me to it.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 12, 2014

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Denzine posted:

I'd be okay with modding entirely by a benefit-drawback system, like the Corrupted mods but with actual balance.

That would make too much sense. That doesn't have a place here.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

In that imaginary world, I think it'd be more interesting if elemental mods boost status chance of that element or how effective the proc is instead of converting damage to that element. Also in that imaginary world it would be great if each status proc had its separate chance to proc instead of dividing the weapon's status chance among all the statuses so that status effects wouldn't be useless

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What I always wanted mods to be was things like "laser sight" and "armor piercing rounds" that would give you indirect helpful effects like ricocheting bullets, penetration, a laser sight, etc. Things that could change the feel or functionality of a weapon somewhat and that could increase damage output with skill, but not just giving you a straight up objective boost.

Part of it is I just don't like these vague names like "killing blow" and "serration" that just sort of do things without any visible effect on the weapon's performance besides doing more damage or magically causing things to take fire damage now. But right now mods just feel like weird upgrades instead of mods or attachments or whatever.

It will never happen but there really is a lot you could do with it. Sticky grenades, a scope that highlighted enemies through walls, cluster rockets, etc. Instead almost all the new mods are just +stat, and half of the new mods in every batch are laughable garbage like maglev.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I like maglev and wish I could justify using it :smith:

I agree, and I think status effects are the closest to what you're describing, which is why it's sad that they're so bad.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

What I always wanted mods to be was things like "laser sight" and "armor piercing rounds" that would give you indirect helpful effects like ricocheting bullets, penetration, a laser sight, etc. Things that could change the feel or functionality of a weapon somewhat and that could increase damage output with skill, but not just giving you a straight up objective boost.

Part of it is I just don't like these vague names like "killing blow" and "serration" that just sort of do things without any visible effect on the weapon's performance besides doing more damage or magically causing things to take fire damage now. But right now mods just feel like weird upgrades instead of mods or attachments or whatever.

It will never happen but there really is a lot you could do with it. Sticky grenades, a scope that highlighted enemies through walls, cluster rockets, etc. Instead almost all the new mods are just +stat, and half of the new mods in every batch are laughable garbage like maglev.

That would never happen, though. If they put time into making something like an x-ray scope work, they would just release a new gun that had it innately. Shiny new guns = whale bait. I don't really understand why people outright buy new guns when they are rarely difficult to craft, but it still happens.

I'm not counting prime parts, of course. Paying to bypass the lovely rng is perfectly reasonable.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

That would never happen, though. If they put time into making something like an x-ray scope work, they would just release a new gun that had it innately. Shiny new guns = whale bait. I don't really understand why people outright buy new guns when they are rarely difficult to craft, but it still happens.

I'm not counting prime parts, of course. Paying to bypass the lovely rng is perfectly reasonable.

People pay for mods too though. That doesn't bode well for new mods either but still

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I can't see a way to make procs meaningful that isn't a complete re-write. There's too many redundant procs and combo procs that are less useful than their constituents(magnetic, radiation).

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah, Radiation and Magnetic are really awkward in that the damage 2.0 formula has them being situationally useful damage but a poo poo proc. Just so lovely. OH BOY NO ENERGY (it's dead now) OH BOY CONFUSION (it's dead now).

Like they need to do a procs 2.0 now and just overhaul it.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Yo Doji, can you send me the image we used for the clan logo? I want to see about getting that slapped on a practice hockey jersey. Email is username at gmail

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
A lot of these mechanics - even Melee 2.0 - make plenty of sense if there were maybe 1/10 as many enemies on maps and they were all at least 10x beefier so everything lives at least 5 seconds long. The combo system makes a bit more sense if you're forced to try to stunlock your enemies and play multiplayer Devil May Cry / Bayonetta or gosh, Darksiders I dunno (multiplayer Darksiders would actually be cool though if it's anywhere near Marvel Ultimate Alliance and I'd argue in Warframe too). Heck, a melee system similar to the Batman Arkham series would be pretty cool too. But we have the whole Pavlovian response connected to dice rolling = money rolls in business model that's the core of the game now plus weirdly balanced enemies that are both retarded and insanely adept killers. So there's no way to take all this back without a bigger overhaul than damage 2.0 and melee 2.0 combined.

Some mods to do more interesting effects would be appreciated though. Being able to rocket jump would be pretty awesome and so would being able to zorencopter with any weapon you want or maybe a mod that occasionally procs a Molecular Prime similar to how Diablo's item system works could be viable to get people out of the max-DPS mindset. If maximum DPS isn't going to buy you much gameplay value, just plain fun gimmicks are all that's worthwhile.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Melee damage should be increased even more (like by another 50-100%), stealth/finisher attacks should be instant kills or just completely disabled, and channeling should decrease damage but restore energy per hit, with different weapon types having different amounts restored. Give daggers the highest base energy restoration per second so that they're actually good for something. I just solved melee 2.0 and much of Warframe.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
Frames getting buffs/nerfs. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/230632-warframe-ability-changes/

Most notably

quote:

-Blessing: Damage immunity is now based on the percentage of health healed (ie: healing 90% health will grant 90% immunity). This should make the use of Blessing more reactive, greatly benefiting players that pay attention and monitor party health to maximize its effectiveness.

Trinity by design was never meant to have such an aggressive means of invincibility, and this fix should bring Blessing’s use back in line with our original intent. Spamming it at full health will now have no benefit.

Some dumb idiot fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 12, 2014

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The Ash stuff looks cool and might make me consider getting him, but I still can't fathom why they aren't giving Banshee an actual third ability instead of making it just as useless with more stealth bullshit. It's simply not going to compete with people who can just turn invisible.

Also Rhino and Nova need nerfing way more than Trinity, not that she isn't broken but she isn't abused nearly as much as those two.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Those changes to Ash actually sound pretty nice.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
haha cool the bladestorm change is one i brought up on the forums before. shadow clones lets go!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah Ash's changes sound pretty cool, makes me glad I put him in the oven finally. Should be fun. I wonder what it'll use as the damage for the forced Bleed proc though. The damage of the ability? The damage of your melee weapon? If it's the ability damage that's gonna be much more useful on Blade Storm than Shuriken.

Also toggleable Absorb sounds fun :getin:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

The interesting about the Blessing nerf was that before, you wouldn't have to worry about the cooldown on it because you were invincible. The way it is now, having a longer duration on it could actually be a bad thing as it'd be possible for people to be killed before you could recast it and heal. It'd be interesting if a lower duration would actually be more beneficial and maybe make Energy Vampire builds a thing.

Also, who's health is the immunity based off? The caster's, the entire team's, or the player with the lower health or what

I love the sound of forced bleed though :getin: Teleport will still probably not be that good but who cares

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Bladestorm is a lot of fun, I hope this increases that instead of somehow going awry and becoming worse!

Also Rhino and Nova need nerfing way more than Trinity, not that she isn't broken but she isn't abused nearly as much as those two.
Trinity literally looks at the ground and spikes huge bombs into themselves, killing everything around them while taking no health damage. They can fully restore their HP instantly if anything goes wrong. You are incorrect.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Trinity literally looks at the ground and spikes huge bombs into themselves, killing everything around them while taking no health damage. They can fully restore their HP instantly if anything goes wrong. You are incorrect.

He just said that she's abused less. It's true that you see fewer people linkbombing than running around hitting MPrime or just being immortal and shooting things and stomping as Rhino.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Right, but the word "abuse" has an implicit connotation that something is being misused to facilitate a certain unintended outcome. Rhino and Nova players aren't abusing anything just because Iron Skin and M.Prime are stronger than they should be.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Oh huh, forced procs on basically all of Ash's attacks was one of my undiscussed in-my-own-head-only joke ideas for balancing Ash. A shame they didn't include the other joke ideas I had but never mentioned to anyone (allowing Smoke Bomb to make nearby teammates invisible too, having Teleport not actually interrupt your animations in any way meaning you can use it at-will during a melee combo and make your own impromptu Bladestorm at a whim) because they were more fun anyway.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Right, but the word "abuse" has an implicit connotation that something is being misused to facilitate a certain unintended outcome. Rhino and Nova players aren't abusing anything just because Iron Skin and M.Prime are stronger than they should be.

Dumb gameplay is dumb regardless of whether or not it's working as intended, fun gameplay is fun regardless of whether or not it's working as intended. Let's not infight about minutia when we can all agree that DE is still missing some kinda major frame equality issues.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
So I guess we'll be pairing Trinity with Banshee to have a never-ending disco party that no enemy can ever approach, ever.

Boss Bee
Oct 25, 2005
Can I get an invite into PS4 clan? PSN: thedries

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Trinity jihad was likely never intended. It wasn't fun to play and anyone doing it tended to suck whatever little fun out of a session for everyone else. Otherwise, I'd prefer that they buff lackluster frames until they reach nova/rhino tier rather than nerf the tier out of existence.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Tips for all the new ps4 goons, friend people in the clan and join voice parties, that's how all grouping is done.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Denzine posted:

So I guess we'll be pairing Trinity with Banshee to have a never-ending disco party that no enemy can ever approach, ever.

That was my exact though as soon as I read the list.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
PS4 goons, do you want me to ask around and see if I can get us into an alliance with some others? Probably easier than deploying a bunch of rails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Advice from the PC crew: don't bother deploying rails. The desirable part of dark sectors (easy money/xp grinding) is available to everyone, while there's no significant benefit to owning a rail yourself. And that's assuming you're lucky enough to click faster than everyone else to deploy the thing in the first place and win against whoever holds it currently.