Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
If we have a Rutter/Jennings/Burnett finale I might die of happiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Why must Colby continue to vex me so

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I'm going to be sad when this is over, and we go back to boring Jeopardy! again.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Soothing Vapors posted:

Why must Colby continue to vex me so

Embrace Colby

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Colonial Air Force posted:

I'm going to be sad when this is over, and we go back to boring Jeopardy! again.

The next Tournament of Champions will have Julia vs. Arthur. :getin:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

NEXT WEEK....ON JEOPARDY

Brad vs Tom vs Leszek

Ken vs Chuck vs Russ

Roger vs Colby vs Pam

The Brad/Ken/Roger dream is still alive...

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Tonight's game was awesome - just as a viewer it was really hard to follow at times when they were jumping from one category to another - I'm sure it's a really disconcerting strategy as a player.

zakharov posted:

NEXT WEEK....ON JEOPARDY

Brad vs Tom vs Leszek

Ken vs Chuck vs Russ

Roger vs Colby vs Pam

Those are 3 insanely stacked match-ups. Just think - we're about to get one full week of the most brilliant champions in jeopardy history, that's pretty awesome.

And Ken's going to have to deal with a board jumper... wonder if it will give him Watson flashbacks.

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?

zakharov posted:

Hey y'all guess who got an audition invite for May 30th in DC :whatup:

I'm going in this morning, first time... Thanks for the writeup and best of luck to you!

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

zakharov posted:

NEXT WEEK....ON JEOPARDY

Brad vs Tom vs Leszek

Ken vs Chuck vs Russ

Roger vs Colby vs Pam

C'mon, Brad/Ken/Colby...

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

So these three, then the winners play each other for Thursday and Friday's games?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Correct, it's a two day total point final.

Fun fact: to win a Jeopardy tournament, you only technically have to win one game (the semifinal).

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
go Ken go

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Well, Chuck made KenJen sweat at the end there, but we all saw what makes Ken special. I got FJ immediately and I thought it was pretty easy for a tournament level clue. How did others feel?

I assume there were some weird editing shenanigans for players that good to run out of time in the second round.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I like how Alex played in to the rumors about Ken hosting in the future.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Context: Eddie Timanus was the show's first blind champion.

Simply the best.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

zakharov posted:

I got FJ immediately and I thought it was pretty easy for a tournament level clue. How did others feel?

I guessed "our brown brothers," so I would not have beaten Ken Jennings.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

CPColin posted:

I guessed "our brown brothers," so I would not have beaten Ken Jennings.

It took me a minute, but when I thought about Kipling and "controversial phrases," it was the first that came to mind.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

zakharov posted:

Well, Chuck made KenJen sweat at the end there, but we all saw what makes Ken special. I got FJ immediately and I thought it was pretty easy for a tournament level clue. How did others feel?

I assume there were some weird editing shenanigans for players that good to run out of time in the second round.

I thought that one was pretty easy, yeah. I'm just glad Ken won.

Zinc Teeth
Jul 11, 2008
Is there anywhere to view the show online after it airs?

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Zinc Teeth posted:

Is there anywhere to view the show online after it airs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJFsP-IlzgE

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Wanting to spend his winnings on a second Porsche. I didn't think I could hate Rutter more, but here we are.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Welp, Brad Rutter ran away with this one. Still, him missing the second Daily Double in Double Jeopardy was pretty funny.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Congrats to Tom and Lezsek for getting Ruttered. At least I can console myself that I got a DD that Brad didn't.

I had Fahd for FJ. Nope.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Rutter sure knows how to win over the audience with his sad tales of woe about his Porsche

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot
They should have had to be more specific on final jeopardy. An idiot like me guessed saddamm hussein and if I had just wrote Hussein I would have gotten it correct.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
If someone managed to think Saddam Hussein made any sense as an answer and then wrote "Hussein I" to refer to Saddam Hussein then congratulations to them for being lucky, but I don't think anyone playing in a tournament of champions game is going to do that.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Well, tomorrow is going to be a hell of a showdown.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

wa27 posted:

Well, tomorrow is going to be a hell of a showdown.

It is. But only 2 of the 3 I wanted are in the final. Roger Craig won today.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

You don't have to spoiler tag in this thread.

Not Roger's strongest game, but enough to win. Too bad Colby didn't know his Canadian geography. I actually got this one right with 5 seconds to go - I seem to be a savant for tournament Final Jeopardies.

I am amazingly pumped for the next two days, although I honestly think Brad is going to win.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

zakharov posted:

I am amazingly pumped for the next two days, although I honestly think Brad is going to win.

I'm pulling for Ken but I agree - Brad has simply been on another level throughout. His performance on Tuesday was completely ridiculous for a tournament game. It's going to take a board that suits Ken or some really gutsy DD wagering from Roger to make it interesting I think.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So is Brad like the anti-Jennings in that hes an unlikeable prick?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Brad has acting aspirations. I saw Trebek suggest him as a replacement host - no thanks.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
I'm sad that I won't get to look at Pam again.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Brad's one flaw thus far is that he's seemed a hair slow on the buzzer. Dan was routinely beating him.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So is Brad like the anti-Jennings in that hes an unlikeable prick?

Yeah he's a total heel. Developing a lovely sitcom and saying he wants to use his winnings to buy a new Porsche after he wrecked his last one I mean Jesus Christ go gently caress yourself Brad.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Roger :(

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Yeah, it's going to be tough for him to win this tournament, unless he wins big tomorrow. At least for him both Ken and Brad missed the Final, so they won't be bringing huge amounts into next game. Though they still go decent scores, so those leads may be insurmountable unless he plays really drat well.

Ken needling Roger to do the true Daily Double at the end there was funny though. Craig blowing it and him laughing afterwards at it just added to his misery there...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 16, 2014

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Ken Jennings trolled Roger into betting the house and losing it all. That is simply tremendous. Hilarious and basically eliminates half his competition. Roger did deserve better - he played really well today overall.

I really have no prediction for tomorrow. Either Brad's buzzing precision is off or Ken has improved his skills since the last time they met. Since they seem to have about the same knowledge base, it feels like a total coin flip to see who wins.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Haha Ken goaded the guy into loving up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Am I the only one who can't stand Roger? He's even worse than Rutter IMO. At least Rutter doesn't go, "Oh, yes, of course, I totally actually knew that" like a loving tool every time Alex gives the answer to the question he got wrong.