Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Way to go, De!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Suck it

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Thank you, De, for saving our assess. Now...

WHERE THE gently caress WERE YOUR SUBS, YOU SHITS?!?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
byers is bad at battleships

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Dhaes posted:

True, apparently, but whatever!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

emptyquoted by another tribe clearly I have achieved the dream.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Dhaes posted:

And whose tribe still has all its members, hmm?

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
Almost submitted this

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

IcePhoenix posted:

THE DREAM

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Propaganda Machine posted:

And whose tribe still has all its members, hmm?
The worst tribe

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Disco Spider posted:

Almost submitted this

I wanted it to be changed to this but it was too late

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

bowmore posted:

The worst tribe

You're going to be sorry when we hit a merge and you're first to go.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

He has scaled the summit, there's only one place to go from here:

Stay on top, young man!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Disco Spider posted:

Almost submitted this

This is wonderful.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Disco Spider posted:

Almost submitted this

This was the dream. A dream that could never be.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

You're going to be sorry when we hit a merge and you're first to go.
You're not very nice :(

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Disco Spider posted:

Almost submitted this

Some day...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hurf, you have Tribal Council with me tomorrow at 6:00PM EST. Congratulations De and Durf Tribes. De, you'll get your reward in your treemail soon. Keep an eye out.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

bowmore posted:

You're not very nice :(

IT'S A GAME MAN.

I'M NOT HERE TO MAKE FRIENDS.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

j6 and also there's still like 30 spaces left on the map so picking one at a time could take 30 more rounds.

Not to rub salt in the wound, but you were one space away when you said this. Their sub was at J7.

Also thanks for sticking with it guys. I know it was a long one!

Probably would have done a few things differently if we had time to iron out the kinks (smaller board, more shots, wouldn't have put in subs, I would have made the board not have so many invisible goddamn artifacts), but this challenge was a little last minute since the planned challenge couldn't be done since some forum features aren't working. Which we of course found out right before the challenge started.

Appreciate the patience everyone.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

IT'S A GAME MAN.

I'M NOT HERE TO MAKE FRIENDS.
I am...

Asiina posted:

Not to rub salt in the wound, but you were one space away when you said this. Their sub was at J7.

Probably would have done a few things differently if we had time to iron out the kinks (smaller board, more shots, I would have made the board not have so many invisible goddamn artifacts), but this challenge was a little last minute since the planned challenge couldn't be done since some forum features aren't working. Which we of course found out right before the challenge started.

Maybe no 1 space subs

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Yeah who in the everloving gently caress thought 1 space ships was a good idea? It was the worst idea.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the battleship template I found on GIS 5 minutes before the game started used subs, and I've seen subs before in online games.

But it did really extend the game.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

John Cena posted:

Hurf, you have Tribal Council with me tomorrow at 6:00PM EST. Congratulations De and Durf Tribes. De, you'll get your reward in your treemail soon. Keep an eye out.

I have work then, wanna push it out an hour and a half?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

Probably would have done a few things differently if we had time to iron out the kinks (smaller board, more shots, wouldn't have put in subs, I would have made the board not have so many invisible goddamn artifacts), but this challenge was a little last minute since the planned challenge couldn't be done since some forum features aren't working. Which we of course found out right before the challenge started.

Well, this helps. Thanks for clarifying. I guess I hope the forum's in working order for the next challenge so you can use what you had in mind.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is it 9:02 PM EST right now?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

bowmore posted:

is it 9:02 PM EST right now?

Yes.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dhaes posted:

I have work then, wanna push it out an hour and a half?

It lasts until Midnight, so it isn't exactly a time strict event.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
7:30 EST works for me, will be awake.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

John Cena posted:

It lasts until Midnight, so it isn't exactly a time strict event.

Thought the Q's were. Ok then, thats fine.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I apologize for the challenge taking as long as it did. I did not have internet access due to being stranded at a friend's house, and was only alerted by Pinterest Mom via txt a few minutes before the challenge that we could not do the scheduled one due to some malfunctioned forums features. As a result, we had to quickly hobble a challenge together, which obviously meant it wouldn't be up to usual par. We're sorry for the challenge taking as long as it did, and hope that some of you still had fun playing, as that is the foremost goal of the staff with this game. Thank you. -JC

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Guess you guys should go back to 1st grade and learn how to play battleship like real American heroes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

We are now taking confessionals. The new link to the form for Confessionals can be found in the treemail tab of your docs. Of course, you are also still free to PM me or Asiina confessionals instead. Thank you.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

FYI, I found out that I'm going to be out of town Friday through Sunday with limited Internet access. I'll be able to make brief check-ins, but won't be able to do anything that requires more than five or so continuous minutes in front of a computer at a time. Should be back Sunday afternoon-ish, so this only really affects Friday and Saturday.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I'm also going to be here in an extremely limited capacity friday through tuesday due to a Vacation. The game will still go on! Just a little slower :shobon:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Sooooo Ready :rock:

For Tribal Council :smith:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tribal Council 2

Hurf Tribe, Welcome to Tribal Council. Here, you have to answer for the actions you've taken in this game. Tonight is where one of you will be voted out. This is the last place you want to find yourself in this game. Being at Tribal Council puts you at risk of going home, and a spot further away from the $75 grand prize. During Tribal Council, you are NOT allowed to communicate outside of the thread by any means. No PMing eachother, no communicating in external docs, all talking occurs inside this thread. You can talk outside of answering the questions, but it must all be contained in this thread while Tribal Council is going on. Similarly, I ask that players who are not part of the tribe attending Tribal Council to refrain from posting while it's going on.

As is tradition with Tribal Council, we have some questions, submitted by players not attending tonight and from those in the viewer's vista. You must answer the questions asked to you in this thread before you're allowed to cast a vote. I will open voting at 7:00 or when everyone has answered their questions. Failure to cast a vote by the deadline (Midnight Tonight) will result in a vote cast for yourself.

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

For Fast Luck, Chili, Maltose

You guys were literally a move away from surviving this challenge. How much frustration sets in from being so close and still failing?

For Bowmore, Dhaes

A few of you seem to know eachother from playing Mafia and other games together. Does this naturally cause you guys to potentially form an alliance, or would you be wary of each other knowing how sneaky and deceptive you all can be?

For everyone

You guys are going to be down to four people after this Tribal. It becomes almost imperative that you cannot lose anymore. What needs to happen at Tribal Council to make sure it doesn't happen again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
For Fast Luck, Chili, Maltose

You guys were literally a move away from surviving this challenge. How much frustration sets in from being so close and still failing?

None. With the way the game shook out, with those one space subs... total crapshoot. Nothing to be grumpy about.

For everyone

You guys are going to be down to four people after this Tribal. It becomes almost imperative that you cannot lose anymore. What needs to happen at Tribal Council to make sure it doesn't happen again?

Someone has to go home, that's how the game works, not really sure how kicking someone out will help us.

• Locked thread