Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samiz
Sep 10, 2013
I never Mind Jacking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toma
Jul 18, 2011

Behold my elaborately animated eyes.
I don't think the whole invasion thing was thought out properly. It seems very unfair for the lone invader to be pitted up against a whole team of co-op players.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Toma posted:

I don't think the whole invasion thing was thought out properly. It seems very unfair for the lone invader to be pitted up against a whole team of co-op players.
I'm amazed literally anyone is still playing this game, let alone enough people playing for it to have fair match making.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Redundant posted:

I'm amazed literally anyone is still playing this game, let alone enough people playing for it to have fair match making.

I saw people still playing Lost Planet multiplayer years after it was released.

Lemme specify, it was Lost Planet 1.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Lost Planet isn't that bad. Just Boeing.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

Toma posted:

I don't think they have to be alone. I think the invaders can come in pairs, too. Either way, it's a pretty genius bit of laziness.

"Hey, you ever notice our enemy AI is total poo poo? Maybe we should fix it."

"Naaaa, let's just make the multiplayer have random dudes drop into single-player games and take over the enemies. That'll add all the enemy challenge they could want!"

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Gothsheep posted:

I don't think they have to be alone. I think the invaders can come in pairs, too. Either way, it's a pretty genius bit of laziness.

"Hey, you ever notice our enemy AI is total poo poo? Maybe we should fix it."

"Naaaa, let's just make the multiplayer have random dudes drop into single-player games and take over the enemies. That'll add all the enemy challenge they could want!"

I think you're really reaching here.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Last time, we made contact with the mysterious Rebecca Weiss when a battalion of Squawkers impeded our ex-filtration by attacking us and half of the airport in an effort to capture Ms. Weiss... dead or alive! The two had to overcome the initial icy introduction and unite to stay alive. However, the Squawker's leader, TNeok, proved more than a match for the Men Jacking Coffee and so we had to regroup. Can Jim and Reb make it out alive? How does the airport get away with charging $8 for a bagel? Will overbooking bump the two from their flight, and if so, what compensatory options are available to them? Watch and find out!

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
rip Sweet Steve

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
The look on Jim's face when she gave him that rocket launcher was priceless...as were his AI actions immediately thereafter, as he targeted single enemies on the ground instead of the VTOL.

Gearface
Feb 25, 2013
I have composed a 38 song-cycle chronicle of the life and lineage of Sweet Steve and his many progeny. Here's a sample.

*sweet-rear end drift around faceless future office park*

*Explodes in disgrace*

*Viking funeral*

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

gregory posted:

The look on Jim's face when she gave him that rocket launcher was priceless...as were his AI actions immediately thereafter, as he targeted single enemies on the ground instead of the VTOL.

What do your mindjacking eyes see, Jimbo?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Toma posted:

In the beginning yes it is. Later in the game, the enemy can easily overwhelm you with bullshit back-up and rocket launchers so the odds get heavily skewed toward the Red Wanderer team.

Yeah the data soul orb things are called Wanderers. And you should check your Arts, I think you got one that will let you soak up more damage.

kurt phillips
Feb 1, 2014

If we let the guards "patrol" for a few hours, will they develop back problems and be functionally useless in battle?

Samiz
Sep 10, 2013
Great job on this LP! It's really entertaining to listen to after school; I like it a lot!

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
I can'e believe they actually turned Ghost Writer into a gritty cover shooter.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!

Starving Wolf posted:

What do your mindjacking eyes see, Jimbo?

Thank you for this.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

General Ironicus posted:

I can'e believe they actually turned Ghost Writer into a gritty cover shooter.

Hey, at some point the kids from that show grew up, and in the future, a ghost that can control words can control computers!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
The font used on the camera switch logo is a bit hard to read when tilted at that angle. I thought it was some weird fake alphabet the game used at first. Would you guys mind making it a bit more readable for future episodes? Making it a bit bolder, lightening the blue stroke, and tilting it a bit more back counter-clockwise should do it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

With all the roomba hacking I realized, that they simply wanted to make a Paradroid clone.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

gregory posted:

Thank you for this.

Don't mindjack and drive, kids.

Starving Wolf fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 12, 2014

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I added a character bio to the 2OP (secondary original post) about Lyle, for those who can't get enough of the MindLore.

Suspicious Dish posted:

The font used on the camera switch logo is a bit hard to read when tilted at that angle. I thought it was some weird fake alphabet the game used at first. Would you guys mind making it a bit more readable for future episodes? Making it a bit bolder, lightening the blue stroke, and tilting it a bit more back counter-clockwise should do it.

Thank you for bringing this up and also offering a suggestion as to how to improve it.

SSNeoman posted:

In the beginning yes it is. Later in the game, the enemy can easily overwhelm you with bullshit back-up and rocket launchers so the odds get heavily skewed toward the Red Wanderer team.

Yeah the data soul orb things are called Wanderers. And you should check your Arts, I think you got one that will let you soak up more damage.

Not sure if this always happens, but when we lost to TNeok, we were booted back to the main menu. And it's a little bologna since we kept winning before that and one defeat set us back pretty significantly. But I'm not sure if that's the rules of WvW (wisp versus wisp) or the bad checkpoints.

Starving Wolf posted:

Don't mindjack and drive, kids.

Thank you. I never really got into the Lord of the Rings series but this may be the toehold I need.

judge reinhold fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 12, 2014

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
So wait, if the Hermes helicopter was something drawn in a teenager's notebook, is it piloted by a mindjacked up Mean Eugene?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Speedball posted:

Hey, at some point the kids from that show grew up, and in the future, a ghost that can control words can control computers!

Future nothing, half of Ghost Writer was shooting a lensflare through a modem to solve crimes.

That Irish Gal
Jul 8, 2012

Your existence amounts to nothing more than a goldfish swimming upriver.

PS: We are all actually cats
It's okay guys, Sweet Steve is with The Cube now :angel:

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!

That Irish Guy posted:

What if Sweet Steve was The Cube coming to protect and guide the CoffeeDudes once again?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

That Irish Guy posted:

What about Junior?

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
The best part of him getting the gun for me is the little double nod.

"I deserve this."

"Easy come, easy go."

Kloro fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 13, 2014

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

judge reinhold posted:

Not sure if this always happens, but when we lost to TNeok, we were booted back to the main menu. And it's a little bologna since we kept winning before that and one defeat set us back pretty significantly. But I'm not sure if that's the rules of WvW (wisp versus wisp) or the bad checkpoints.

This game's checkpoints are absolute rear end. Wanderer fights have Rules, but they are msotly related to difficulty level and team size. By the way, you can only adjust team size when you hit like level 30.
You can probably finish the game twice before that happens.

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012
You know, this game is actually quite clever: it's showing us the world and not telling us anything at all about it! Isn't that the golden rule of storytelling?
I can only imagine that it will continue this pattern throughout the entire game. The people at Square-Enix really are geniuses.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
MindJim is a much better title.

Sweet steves, those who burn brightest also burn the fastest, lest we forget.

Bricoleur
Feb 1, 2012

Taste like doom, walk like roombas.

So far this game feels like Deus Ex Human Revolution if they never bothered to explain the world to the player and took out all stealth so it just had the cover and combat system left.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I like how every male character that you can mindjack sounds like a bad Hank Hill impression to Judge. And the entire Sweet Steve section left my cheeks sore from all the laughing.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Why is the loading indicator going the wrong way??

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I was about to point out you spelled his name wrong because it was spelled 'Corbijn' in the subtitles. I had assumed the subtitles were different and you had put 'Corbin', as I've always seen the name.

Turns out you already have it written in the post as Corbijn so now I have to ask. Is it actually spelled Corbijn instead of Corbin?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

That Irish Guy posted:

But Sweet Steve was so sphere-ish.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I like how every male character that you can mindjack sounds like a bad Hank Hill impression to Judge.

I think it's supposed to be the rich snooty Mr. Howell kind of voice.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Stallion Cabana posted:

I was about to point out you spelled his name wrong because it was spelled 'Corbijn' in the subtitles. I had assumed the subtitles were different and you had put 'Corbin', as I've always seen the name.

Turns out you already have it written in the post as Corbijn so now I have to ask. Is it actually spelled Corbijn instead of Corbin?

Nah everyone's just loving with you man.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think the speculation that all the vehicles in this game were designed in the margins of a 15 year old's notebook was confirmed the second a unicycle machine gun robot turned up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Holy crap those wheel things come strapped? RIP, Sweet Steves.

• Locked thread