Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Chaos Motor posted:

So you guys realize Kickstarter isn't a storefront, right? You're not "buying" a top, you're backing the project and getting a top as a reward. Complaining about the cost of the reward tier is like complaining that the tote bag you get from PBS isn't worth the $60 you have to donate to get it. Of course it's not! You can buy the tote bag for $10 in a store if you want, but that isn't the point. The point is to support a project.

What about that one movie project I posted a while back where they've already made the movie and are now trying to take it to contests. In that case that's the only way to purchase the movie (which I find loving stupid)? In that case you aren't supporting a project but trying to fund their delusions that their rape-flick is movie gold. :downs:

I kinda want them to reach their goal now just so they can get laughed out of those movie contests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
ITT I demand that someone give me a detailed personal explanation for every Kickstarter I find problematic. You may now proceed.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Chaos Motor posted:

So you guys realize Kickstarter isn't a storefront, right? You're not "buying" a top, you're backing the project and getting a top as a reward. Complaining about the cost of the reward tier is like complaining that the tote bag you get from PBS isn't worth the $60 you have to donate to get it. Of course it's not! You can buy the tote bag for $10 in a store if you want, but that isn't the point. The point is to support a project.

wow, id never looked at it that way. really makes you think.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if8YvZG800c

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

TetsuoTW posted:

wow, id never looked at it that way. really makes you think.

Thanks tet, hth

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

i actually watched that

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Chaos Motor posted:

But in these cases, it's a project to create spinning tops. Which are to then be sold.

When the project is like a statue of robocop or an arts car for burning man or whatever, then yeah, obviously the rewards are gonna be token and the support for a tangible but non-purchaseable project is the actual benefit of donating.

When the project is to make saleable items, then basically yes, you ARE just buying those items and it IS a pre-order storefront. In those cases, the cost of the reward is pretty much directly translateable into the price of the product. Hell, many projects which aim to make a product actually give slight discounts when they're given as backer rewards. There's no sense whatever in supporting a project whose stated aim is to make a product that already exists, that's not kickstarting, that's kickcopying.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Also the tops guys have been running a commercial business selling these exact same machined tops for years now and their Kickstarter 'project' is pretty much a discount sale campaign so they can generate a shitload of pre-orders. All of their 'rewards' are going for less than what they usually charge for them. They'll be using the money to upgrade some of their equipment but apart from that they're not doing anything different to what they've always been doing.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 09:39 on May 11, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Beyblades is still around too. Last year they released an AR game for the 3DS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGkubuKLmEY

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Chaos Motor posted:

I was talking about the final, retail product price and not the kickstarter price. The kickstarter price is actually "only" $70.

If the purpose was simply to collect money to pay for making the tops, the tops wouldn't be discounted so highly.

TTBF has a new favorite as of 21:13 on May 11, 2014

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Chaos Motor posted:

ITT I demand that someone give me a detailed personal explanation for every Kickstarter I find problematic. You may now proceed.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

TTBF posted:

I was talking about the final, retail product price and not the kickstarter price. The kickstarter price is actually "only" $70.

If the purpose was simply to collect money to pay for making the tops, the tops wouldn't be discounted so highly.

Huh. It's almost like that poster is dumb.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

theflyingorc posted:

Huh. It's almost like that poster is dumb.

Just a shill for Big Top

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also the tops guys have been running a commercial business selling these exact same machined tops for years now and their Kickstarter 'project' is pretty much a discount sale campaign so they can generate a shitload of pre-orders. All of their 'rewards' are going for less than what they usually charge for them. They'll be using the money to upgrade some of their equipment but apart from that they're not doing anything different to what they've always been doing.

So they like have a metal lathe and made a business out of it? How many people buy tops in 2014 or ever?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Hey folks, there's a new comic out there to masturbate to. Well, you're meant to but I don't think this would incite any boners. It's Liefeld-esque levels of "not understanding how women work".

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Noyemi K posted:

Hey folks, there's a new comic out there to masturbate to. Well, you're meant to but I don't think this would incite any boners. It's Liefeld-esque levels of "not understanding how women work".

Like the hideous love-child of Todd McFarlane and Rob Liefeld.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Noyemi K posted:

You ain't kidding, peep the ribcage on that first picture :stare:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Noyemi K posted:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

They're called "stroke mags" but this is ridiculous.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Noyemi K posted:

The way he handles torsos. :staredog:

Say, remember the HoboGrill? Portable grill made of recycled materials, turned out to be a tin can cut in half with a hinge and a handle? It was successfully funded a while back. On a whim I went to check the updates to see if there was anything noteworthy.

The project creator shows video of him grilling a whole egg on his completed grill. You can guess what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QqnKf5PUhk

Update 11 posted:

One of the great thing about eggs is that they don't have to be refrigerated, and will still keep fresh/edible for quite sometime without refrigeration which makes eggs great for traveling and off-grid living. :o).

-- Neel

Reminder that this project is located in Pensacola, Florida, home of the Bitcoiner-run "Satoshi Forest" that recently got flooded out.

There's also a backers-only update titled "FREE TOMATO JUICE, 30+ Gallons!!!" :v:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Noyemi K posted:

I don't think they understand how men work either

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

I'm more distracted by the fact his legs look like bags of grapes than anything

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

AxeManiac posted:

Just random loving muscle groups

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i'd say he traced venom from spiderman but he didnt erase his undersketch so i guess he just copied and threw in the classic belly pussy eyeball

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Noyemi K posted:

I'm more distracted by the fact his legs look like bags of grapes than anything

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

"It appears a hot, gooey mass has exploded near my hand and/or face."

"I better put my face closer to it for the camera!"

:downs:

e: For the egg video, not beardgina guy.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

lol

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

What buff eyes you have, grandpa.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

AxeManiac posted:

I'm not sure that's a man, it has a male's chest but the giant hairy vulva of a f̗͖̲̬͉̠̀̐̑̍̏̎ͫ̆ͯ͢ͅę̴̧̛̣͕̯̹̭͇̝͚͇̪̬͇͔̦̭̄ͭ̾̔̆́͊͑ͯͯͫͧ̃̎ͫ͂̆m̡̼̺̞̤̖͖͙͍̲͇̜̰̩̼̖̞̒̒̃̿̾͂̐ͮ̅̑ͪ̄́̀̚͝ǎ̂͗̒ͩ̾̈́͏҉͏̙̮͕̫̟͟ļ͂͆͒ͩ̌̏͌̽̉͑ͦ̓̾̈́ͩ̚҉̡͇͚̜͚̹͍͚̩̲͔͔̬͢e̛̘̞͙̹͉̱̠̳̖̫̠̜̲ͬ́̒̐̌̔̒̉͐͗̐ͫ̀̚̕

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

Also the project creator's avatar is of two 10-year-old kids.

EDIT: Also also, lol at "not recommended for those under the age of 18", as if anybody over 18 would actually want to read this poo poo.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

That is what we are meant to masturbate to! loving found it!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dude you said you'd cut it out with the creepy toilet-mouths poo poo.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Khanstant posted:

i'd say he traced venom from spiderman but he didnt erase his undersketch so i guess he just copied and threw in the classic belly pussy eyeball

Which should come as no surprise to anyone given the main character appears to be a direct ripoff of Vampirella.

What should come as a surprise to everyone is that the creators are reputedly women. Are they trying to take back colossal sexism, or something?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

AxeManiac posted:

His face got that 'Dontrel The Dolphin' look going.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

fuckin lol "check out this thing that's under pressure and incredibly hot, I'm gonna poke it with a knife"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

* Serving suggestion only

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Combat Lobster posted:

What buff eyes you have, grandpa.

"The better to squat you with, my dear." Said grandpa.

Tim Chuma
Dec 19, 2009
Can we include Patreon on this? I am too scared to start a new thread.

Red Letter Media is now getting over $4000 per month to create videos, but not everyone can be Red Letter Media.

http://www.patreon.com/PonySplash

FEATHERSPLASH IS CREATING
MILKSHAKES THAT WILL BRING ALL THE BRONIES TO THE YARD

Yes, yes there is a river of Pony stuff.

No word of the lie this was listed on the same page as Red Letter Media and Daym Drops (got to respect someone who can eat junk food in his car and get people to pay for it)
http://www.patreon.com/heatherfeather

HEATHER FEATHER IS CREATING ASMR VIDEOS
I want your tingles, and I have a million ideas to try to get them.

In all honesty I was going to try to do something on this site, but too many people are posting stupid poo poo or want support just to run things that should be a hobby. I have poured all my money for the last ten years and most of my time into my own work and thought I might be able to get some support. Bollocks to that idea then....

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Tim Chuma posted:

http://www.patreon.com/heatherfeather

HEATHER FEATHER IS CREATING ASMR VIDEOS
I want your tingles, and I have a million ideas to try to get them.

In all honesty I was going to try to do something on this site, but too many people are posting stupid poo poo or want support just to run things that should be a hobby. I have poured all my money for the last ten years and most of my time into my own work and thought I might be able to get some support. Bollocks to that idea then....

What a beautiful age we live in, where people can be paid money to chew toffee and crinkle aluminium foil into a lovely microphone :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HowSoonIsNow
Nov 9, 2013

Tim Chuma posted:

http://www.patreon.com/PonySplash

FEATHERSPLASH IS CREATING
MILKSHAKES THAT WILL BRING ALL THE BRONIES TO THE YARD

No takers yet that's...reassuring?