Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Instead of a trilogy they should just make indvidual movies with smaller stories set in the Star Wars universe. A film noir on Coruscant, a western on Tatooine, blaxploitation in Cloud City starring that guy with the icecream machine.

They're doing exactly that. There is talk of them doing origin stories for characters like Han Solo, Boba Fett, and Yoda. There is also a rumor of them doing a Seven Samurai style movie with 7 Jedi trying to defend a planet from attack. They basically want to put out one Star Wars movie a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nihonniboku posted:

There is also a rumor of them doing a Seven Samurai style movie with 7 Jedi trying to defend a planet from attack.

This would honestly loving rock if done well. Star Wars basically started as a samurai movie in space anyway.

Edit: Please make a podracing movie, Lucasfilm.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Are people on this forum so far behind they don't know that Luke/Leia/Han aren't just cameos anymore? Abrams came out and straight up said they are the MAIN CHARACTERS in episode 7. That's why they did that last script rewrite and pushed back shooting a bit. It's because it's not going to be a five minute cameo, they are the focus of the entire movie.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nihonniboku posted:

They're doing exactly that. There is talk of them doing origin stories for characters like Han Solo, Boba Fett, and Yoda. There is also a rumor of them doing a Seven Samurai style movie with 7 Jedi trying to defend a planet from attack. They basically want to put out one Star Wars movie a year.

The first one was a Kurasawa knock off anyways, might as well go whole hog. Yojimbo Star Wars, Throne of Blood Star Wars.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Now that's hardly fair. The first Star Wars was a knock-off of Flash Gordon, WWII movies AND Kurosawa! Darth Vader himself is a ripo- sorry, "homage" to Lightning, the antagonist from an old sci-fi Fighting Devil Dogs

Seriously look at Lightning:

Also the Seven Jedi thing was debunked as just a(n awesome) fan rumour a while back.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

TheJoker138 posted:

Are people on this forum so far behind they don't know that Luke/Leia/Han aren't just cameos anymore?

Do your homework before coming to the Movie Posters thread, people.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Calico Heart posted:

Also the Seven Jedi thing was debunked as just a(n awesome) fan rumour a while back.

My request for a podracing movie still stands.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Calico Heart posted:

Now that's hardly fair. The first Star Wars was a knock-off of Flash Gordon, WWII movies AND Kurosawa! Darth Vader himself is a ripo- sorry, "homage" to Lightning, the antagonist from an old sci-fi Fighting Devil Dogs

Seriously look at Lightning:

Saying that Star Wars was a "knock-off" of any of those things is like saying that Indiana Jones was a "knock-off" of King Solomon's Mines or The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. When you're dealing with an overt homage that wears its influences on its sleeve and whose creator fully acknowledges his source material it's not really a :stoke: to point out that they drew inspiration from existing material.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Optimus: :v: yaaaaaaaaaay robot dinosaur!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's almost cool, like if it wasn't Bayformers ugly metal chaos designs, it'd be the most kickass poster ever.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
That looks like complete loving poo poo.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Why does that robot dinosaur need a tongue?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The answer with giant robots is generally "Why the gently caress not?"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

Why does that robot dinosaur need a tongue?

The better to lick with you with, my dear.

It's a weird thing to ask anyway, when Transformers already have facial hair and breasts: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Humanization

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I, Butthole posted:

This....actually makes me excited for a Transformers movie? :raise:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I, Butthole posted:

Is this a Futurama reference?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I want that movie to bomb so hard. Like most I loved the first one as it had great potential for sequels.

Then they hosed that all up hardcore.

Helmacron
Jun 3, 2005

looking down at the world

Vintersorg posted:

I want that movie to bomb so hard. Like most I loved the first one as it had great potential for sequels.

Oh hey man, love your opinions, just letting you know you just missed the "wanting the new Star Wars movie to bomb" conversation in this thread. It's even on this page so you wouldn't be reviving anything particularly dead, if you want to get in on that. Lots of new movies that everyone wants to bomb coming out in the next two years! Can't wait!

Just hate for you to miss it, you know, your alley/etc. xo

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

axleblaze posted:

Is this a Futurama reference?

Nah there's been dinosaur transformers since like 198x.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Peanut President posted:

Nah there's been dinosaur transformers since like 198x.

No but I mean that exact shot of the robot riding the dinosaur while holding a stick up seems to be pretty similar is all I'm saying.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

It's because both are meant to look like a Knight riding a horse and wielding their weapon.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Nihonniboku posted:

I am now envisioning Star Wars adaptations of EVERY Kurosawa film. Yojimbo, but with Boba Fett. Ran, but with a Jedi Master and his apprentices instead. High and Low, but with racism against nonhumans replacing class issues!
Ikiru, but with an Imperial bureaucrat who learns he has midichlorian poisoning, and decides to turn a junkyard into a playground for alien orphans.
Guys, I don't know if I'm kidding.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
A Star Wars Seven Samurai adaptation was the first follow up story, issues 7-9ish of the Marvel comics (1-6 cover A New Hope). It was awesome, basically Han Solo+a cast of aliens that were all blatantly ripped off to create the cast of Bucky O'Hare along with Jedi Don Quixote band together to save a village, it's great. Any pulpy stuff that borrows from Kurosawa again would be great.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Helmacron posted:

Oh hey man, love your opinions, just letting you know you just missed the "wanting the new Star Wars movie to bomb" conversation in this thread. It's even on this page so you wouldn't be reviving anything particularly dead, if you want to get in on that. Lots of new movies that everyone wants to bomb coming out in the next two years! Can't wait!

Just hate for you to miss it, you know, your alley/etc. xo

Sorry about upsetting you over your favorite movie. Ill try to be more sensitive to your interests. xo qt pie

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Spatula City posted:

I am now envisioning Star Wars adaptations of EVERY Kurosawa film. Yojimbo, but with Boba Fett. Ran, but with a Jedi Master and his apprentices instead. High and Low, but with racism against nonhumans replacing class issues!
Ikiru, but with an Imperial bureaucrat who learns he has midichlorian poisoning, and decides to turn a junkyard into a playground for alien orphans.
Guys, I don't know if I'm kidding.

Back in the days when I was a practicing nerd, I was spitballing with a manager a John Woo style Jed with 2 blaster pistols, intercepting incoming blaster fire with shots of his own. It was kinda cool in that holy poo poo do something productive with your life way.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Transformers sucks, but I'd rather watch a new one of those than a new star wars crapfest.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1 new poster in the last two pages.

So a couple of posters for the Roger Ebert documentary. The first one is nice, second one is lazy as poo poo.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Read that as 'Based On Roger Ebert's Member'.

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW

Vintersorg posted:

Its going to make more money than Pacific Rim and Godzilla (2014) combined and the amount of bitching thats going to cause is going to be amusing as all gently caress.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ungoal posted:

Its going to make more money than Pacific Rim and Godzilla (2014) combined and the amount of bitching thats going to cause is going to be amusing as all gently caress.

Well yeah because Transformers movies are b-movies that act like b-movies.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I, Butthole posted:

gently caress yes, :metal:

I've never seen a Bay Transformers movie but this poster makes me interested.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
So is Grimlock a dragon now, instead of a t-rex?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Mister Chief posted:

Read that as 'Based On Roger Ebert's Member'.

He also loved that more than movies.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vincent posted:

He also loved that more than movies.

If it's about something he loves more than movies, is Life Itself a documentary about great boobs in cinema?

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

So is Grimlock a dragon now, instead of a t-rex?

...seriously? :ughh:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ungoal posted:

He's a theropod dinosaur that resembles a T-rex but also has horns.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Ungoal posted:

.... yes?

What the gently caress do I know from transformers.

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

.... yes?

What the gently caress do I know from transformers.

Maybe if it had wings you might've been on to something.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

The MSJ posted:

He's a theropod dinosaur that resembles a T-rex but also has horns.

Since Optimus Prime in the movies is 30-something feet tall, that makes movie Grimlock about 100 feet tall, larger than the largest theropod, so we might as well give up the idea about him being modeled after a real dinosaur.

Unless Optimus shrank a bit for that poster, which is more likely given Michael Bay's Institute for the Variable Sizes of Things.

Oh god, gently caress you Transformers movie poster, you've turned me into one of those people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Looking at that poster and I can't help the mental image of Optimus trying to get off Grimlock and discovering all their greebles and pointy bits have gotten intertwined and they're stuck together.