Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
WMOTYC: The Beautiful People (Angelina Love & Velvet Sky) vs. Madison Rayne & Brittany, Evening Gown Match - 5/8 TNA: Impact Wrestling

You read that right, an evening gown match happened in 2014. Nothing strikes and flying nothings abound with an ending that will make you disgusted with yourself for having watched it. It's also over 10 mins so if you can't be bothered: After being eliminated, Velvet Sky comes back wearing a towel and flashes the ref so Angelina Love can blind Madison Rayne with a can of hairspray and strip her for the win. It's the worst part of the match, but not by much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

WMOTYC: The Beautiful People (Angelina Love & Velvet Sky) vs. Madison Rayne & Brittany, Evening Gown Match - 5/8 TNA: Impact Wrestling

You read that right, an evening gown match happened in 2014. Nothing strikes and flying nothings abound with an ending that will make you disgusted with yourself for having watched it. It's also over 10 mins so if you can't be bothered: After being eliminated, Velvet Sky comes back wearing a towel and flashes the ref so Angelina Love can blind Madison Rayne with a can of hairspray and strip her for the win. It's the worst part of the match, but not by much.

Seconding this. I'd say it's a shame that so few people probably saw it that it probably won't get enough votes, but it's probably a good thing because I'll never get those minutes of my life back.

Real real real bad.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

normally I wouldn't bother nominating something like an evening gown match but it lasted SO LONG so yes thirded

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Oh my god, it was so loving bad and it was an Evening Gown match in the YOOL 2014.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 9, 2014

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Going to nth this. Holy poo poo that was terrible.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Yikes...do I REALLY want to see this? I can't believe people are still doing those kind of matches in 2014.

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

ChampRamp posted:

4th

Second

HM: BxB Hulk (Cyber Kong) vs. CIMA (Dragon Kid) vs. Jimmy Kanda (Jimmy Susumu) vs. Masato Yoshino (Shachihoko BOY) vs. Mr. Kyu Kyu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin (Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!) vs. Naruki Doi (Kzy) in a Six Way Scramble Scapegoat Mask vs. Hair Cage Match. DG Dead or Alive 5/5/14

Yep. Spectacular show all round, great match.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

BigRed0427 posted:

Yikes...do I REALLY want to see this? I can't believe people are still doing those kind of matches in 2014.

Here it is if you're feeling masochistic.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yikes oh my god yes that TNA Tag match Worst of the Year. MINUS FIVE STARS

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

weekly font posted:

Yikes oh my god yes that TNA Tag match Worst of the Year. MINUS FIVE STARS

nth

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

PWG Mystery Vortex II

HM: Cedric Alexander vs. Trevor Lee vs. Andrew Everett
HM: Unbreakable loving Machines (Michael Elgin and Brian Cage) vs. Inner City Machine Guns (Rich Swann and Ricochet) vs. African American Wolves (ACH and AR Fox)
HM: Johnny Gargano vs. Kyle O'Reilly
HM: Young Bucks vs. Best Friends

Very good show! Nothing out of this world but pretty consistently great start to finish.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 10, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM: Bucks vs. hooligans vs. TimeSplitters, ROH Global Wars 5/10

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Bucks vs Hooliganz v Splitters GLOBAL WARS

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sportsgenius86 posted:

2nd. Great match.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
HM: Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) vs. Timesplitters (Alex Shelley and KUSHIDA) vs. Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero and Alex Kozlov), 5/10 ROH/NJPW Global Wars

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I agree with this.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

gently caress it, I'm biased and I don't care, I'm seconding the MOTYC nod

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nth

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

yeah

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Time to overrate things:

HM: Cedric vs Roderick
MOTYC: Steen vs Cole

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
HM: Steen Vs Cole 5/10 Global Wars

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Time to overrate things:

agreed

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

SaberToothedPie posted:

HM: Steen Vs Cole 5/10 Global Wars

Yeah. Flat finish really devalued the rest of the match.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Time to overrate things:

yeah sure

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

PWG Mystery Vortex II

HM: Cedric Alexander vs. Trevor Lee vs. Andrew Everett
HM: Johnny Gargano vs. Kyle O'Reilly
HM: Young Bucks vs. Best Friends

Very good show! Nothing out of this world but pretty consistently great start to finish.

Agreed with these. Want to give noms to these:

MOTYC: Unbreakable loving Machines (Michael Elgin and Brian Cage) vs. Inner City Machine Guns (Rich Swann and Ricochet) vs. African American Wolves (ACH and AR Fox), PWG Mystery Vortex 2, 3/28/14
HM: Chris Hero vs. Tommaso Ciampa, PWG Mystery Vortex 2, 3/28/14

Great show. One of my favorites of the year. The Hero/Ciampa match was crazy stiff and great. I loved the triple threat tag match a whole bunch too. Watch this show!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Time to overrate things:

I'll second these

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
HM: Steen vs Cole

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
MOTYC: Monster Express (Masato Yoshino, Ricochet, & Shingo Takagi) vs. Millenials (Eita, Yosuke Santa Maria, & Flamita) - 5/9/14 Dragon Gate King of Gate Day 1

HM: T-Hawk vs. Akira Tozawa - 5/9/14 Dragon Gate King of Gate Day 1

Best six man tag of the year, folks.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ChampRamp posted:

That's a drat high bar to clear.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I Before E posted:

That's a drat high bar to clear.

Yeah, if it is better than Shield/Evolution I'll be amazed (and pleased!)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ChampRamp posted:

MOTYC: Monster Express (Masato Yoshino, Ricochet, & Shingo Takagi) vs. Millenials (Eita, Yosuke Santa Maria, & Flamita) - 5/9/14 Dragon Gate King of Gate Day 1

I was going to skip this one but I guess I won't now!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

gently caress yes. Even over Cole/Steen this was my match of the night.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
WMOTY: Natalya vs Nikki Bella, 5/12 WWE Raw

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Prozach posted:

WMOTY: Natalya vs Nikki Bella, 5/12 WWE Raw

sure why not, second

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

That match wasn't that bad, it felt like every Diva's match ever.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

John Cena posted:

I'm not sure why there was scoring or why they had a match. It was pretty confusing.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

It was a Divas match and it was harmless, it wasn't as bad as the post Survivor Series 2013 7 on 7 Divas match, that match still gives me headaches.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

John Cena posted:

The scoring thing on the side was dumb and distracting, and the rollup ending was really dumb even by typical Divas match standards.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ChampRamp posted:

Seconding these. Trios match was hella fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

WMOTY: Frankie Kazarian def. Crazy Steve, !MPACT 5/15

Interminable stable intro, followed by posing, two separate instances of "cheesecake babe does a split on the ropes so member can enter" and a victory via DQ when Crazy Steve pants's the ref. At no point is a match started via a bell ring, however it does end when the ref calls for the DQ.

Exactly 0 wrestling moves are preformed by Kazarian or Crazy Steve.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 16, 2014

• Locked thread