Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Pilsner posted:

Da gently caress? That's going to be horrible for monks too. I though the entire point of the Respite line was to be able to keep basic abilities going and used forever, but would have to save or rest for a while to be able to burn discs.

Their plan is to nerf the end and mana recovery for the 14 classes who can recover their main power source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Ahahahaha this poor game. :soe:

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

MrTheDevious posted:

Ahahahaha this poor game. :soe:
Project 1999 could always use some fresh faces, and is a much closer approximation of real Everquest than the 7th-generation inbred monstrosity that is today's live servers ever will be.

Just sayin' :tipshat:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I would honestly like to know who's at the wheel because it seems like it's constantly lovely nerfs ever since I stopped playing.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
It's really weird because there's been some streamlining and quality of life stuff, then they do poo poo like this.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Stanos posted:

I would honestly like to know who's at the wheel because it seems like it's constantly lovely nerfs ever since I stopped playing.

Honest attempt to convince the still-remaining playerbase to buy EQNext :v:

Also, I'd rather play tic tac toe against my dog for 8 hours a day than play the drama-ridden grindfest that is P99. Oldschool EQ was fun because nobody knew what the gently caress was going on.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

I think it will work on some, but not as many people as they want.

If Everquest ever became intolerable, I'd just stop playing MMORPGs. Not move on to another one.

That is until Glorious Leader Brad Jong McQuaid releases Pantheon of course. :350:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MrTheDevious posted:

Also, I'd rather play tic tac toe against my dog for 8 hours a day than play the drama-ridden grindfest that is P99. Oldschool EQ was fun because nobody knew what the gently caress was going on.

Nah, EQ is a terrible market for EQN. Of course they do plenty of cross-promotion, but EQ1 <-> EQN crossover has to be somewhere close to EQ <-> PS2 levels.

There's some kind of long term plan for ULTIMATE GAME BALANCE going on here. We're not going to know what it is, all the nerf parts will happen first, then whatever dev or devs were working on it will be moved to EQN before it's finished.

But if a plan for game balance involves nerfing non-OP abilities across 11/16 classes in a pve game, then it is fundamentally flawed. All this does is increase downtime and reduce fun for a large chunk of the player base.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006
Well I was already mad about Berserkers and now they murdered Rest. Why did they do this to me.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Poistiant posted:

Well I was already mad about Berserkers and now they murdered Rest. Why did they do this to me.

When you talk about Rest-with-a-capital-R are you folks talking about going into accelerated h/m/e mode out of combat? I don't fully understand the nature of the nerf when I am not even sure of the terminology being used.

I am interested because any Berserker nerfs at least tangentially affect Rogues, too. Any discussion would be a big help.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

They're talking about a Tome that restores endurance to classes that hit things [WAR PAL RNG SHD MNK ROG BST BER]. A very very common use of the ability is to restore endurance upon resurrection, especially during raids. The quicker these classes get endurance back after getting rezzed, the quicker they're useful again.

Right now, the common thing is to hit Rest right as you pop in (before anything gets you on its hate list and puts you into combat), then as you get back into action Rest continues to tick for the rest of its 9-tick duration. The upcoming nerf is that as soon as you enter combat, Rest will fade, meaning these classes will have to somehow stay out of combat for almost a full minute to gain the full use of this tome. That will be inconvenient and inefficient for some, and close to impossible for others.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Considering how lovely and buggy it is on some fights to get out of combat to Rest (and its a crapshoot if you get rezzed during a raid), it's a pretty big nerf. Especially since it's the lifeblood of 4 classes and majorly annoying for others.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

So was the Death Bloom nerf a little ways back the start of the mana/endurance "rebalancing" or are they hitting necros again too?

woo
vvvvvv

Chum Scandal fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 9, 2014

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Deathbloom and QM nerfs were the start. Nothing this round is hitting those classes again.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

saintonan posted:

They're talking about a Tome that restores endurance to classes that hit things [WAR PAL RNG SHD MNK ROG BST BER]. A very very common use of the ability is to restore endurance upon resurrection, especially during raids. The quicker these classes get endurance back after getting rezzed, the quicker they're useful again.

The upcoming nerf is that as soon as you enter combat, Rest will fade, meaning these classes will have to somehow stay out of combat for almost a full minute to gain the full use of this tome. That will be inconvenient and inefficient for some, and close to impossible for others.

Gotcha. I can see how this would hurt melee classes in general, and Berserkers pretty badly. How has this worked out on Test?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

DerekSmartymans posted:

Gotcha. I can see how this would hurt melee classes in general, and Berserkers pretty badly. How has this worked out on Test?

It's not on Test yet, just on the beta server (for the whole 4 days that beta server will be up).

catrkoraz
Sep 9, 2006
What I find hilarious is that when the next set of AAs that come out Shamans will get another cast time reduction on Canni AA. We don't even use canni on a regular basis anymore yet they are nerfing resource gain abilities for other classes and giving us more.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

FWIW, everybody gets an aggro drop now, and you can use that + instantly spamming Rest to fire it off mid-combat. Not that it matters now anyway, gently caress this game :v:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

MrTheDevious posted:

FWIW, everybody gets an aggro drop now, and you can use that + instantly spamming Rest to fire it off mid-combat. Not that it matters now anyway, gently caress this game :v:

But not all of those are instant drops, which helps. Plus raid pulses gently caress that up. I can remember a lot of times on my BST where it'd be a bitch to try to rest during raids after a rez.

I mean it's not like BSTs need a ton of it but it still drains you and a decent amount of moves need it.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

The Nerf make rest drop when you enter combat, so that won't work anymore.

I know that's what everyone did and why end was considered an unlimited resource.

Oh, there's also a zerker ae melee Nerf included that I missed. Cause gently caress zerkers.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Yeah furious ramp is now half of what it was. I guess zerkers topping short burn parses wasn't "working as intended".

Ironically after the shitstorm on the SOE forums about mages and pet tanking, mages are making out the best out of all of this. The enchanter and wizard nerfs don't affect them at all, their pet heals are getting buffed, and the proc on their pet toys is getting buffed.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

jetz0r posted:

The Nerf make rest drop when you enter combat, so that won't work anymore.

I know that's what everyone did and why end was considered an unlimited resource.

Oh, there's also a zerker ae melee Nerf included that I missed. Cause gently caress zerkers.

Quit saying these things, I'm gonna go fight a dev.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
lorfing out loud at the eq live forums: http://www.change.org/petitions/john-smedley-president-sony-online-entertainment-intervene-on-behalf-of-the-everquest-player-base

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Would work better as a reddit PM.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Mr. Smedley, tear down this nerf.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
That furious rampage Nerf sucks, I had big plans for it in DH1. Rogues are getting some rampage thing too for some reason, but I think warriors should have got it first with their 2h stance.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Elidroth is backing off the Furious Ramp now, saying he was just testing some poo poo. I guess we won't know until it hits Test.

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002
I started a necro on Test, haven't played since Kunark so I remember pretty much nothing except the basic layout of the original zones.

I'm having trouble finding bags. The OP mentions the deluxe toolbox from the tinkering vendor in PoK but that doesn't seem to allow me to store stuff in it, must have changed since?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

There are Unexpanded Bags in the bazaar that you can buy and expand to give you more slots. The best ones are Transcendent, which seem to be about 25k per bag. If you want, send Thalyn a message when you're on and I'll send you some plat for some or send you the bags + what you need to expand them.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Carl Seitan posted:

There are Unexpanded Bags in the bazaar that you can buy and expand to give you more slots. The best ones are Transcendent, which seem to be about 25k per bag. If you want, send Thalyn a message when you're on and I'll send you some plat for some or send you the bags + what you need to expand them.

Getting all the flags to expand bags is such a pain. I don't know why you need to scribe some no-drop books that aren't even all next to the pok banker, when just combining the bag + solution should be enough.

Gnome in sunrise hills sells the book about trans-dimensional bags, or something close to that. That book allows you to expand legendary bags
Then the tradeskill book vendor by the pok bank sells books that allow you to expand supreme and transcendent bags.

THEN the tailoring vendor sells the items to combine to expanded bags. Either Al'kabor's solution for a 100% WR verion. Or the much cheapre inverse solution for a 0% WR 999wt bag that's meant to go in your bank.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Arclyte posted:

I started a necro on Test, haven't played since Kunark so I remember pretty much nothing except the basic layout of the original zones.

I'm having trouble finding bags. The OP mentions the deluxe toolbox from the tinkering vendor in PoK but that doesn't seem to allow me to store stuff in it, must have changed since?
Sure you can store stuff in Deluxe Toolboxes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Pilsner posted:

Sure you can store stuff in Deluxe Toolboxes.

He hasn't played since Kunark - he's probably right clicking the toolbox and it opens the trade skill interface rather than opening the toolbox. I think you have to hold CTRL or SHIFT then click it to open it to store items, they added that a long time ago so people wouldn't accidentally combine their precious items

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002
Yep that was the problem, ctrl+rmb is the correct way to open them for storage. Thanks!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Arclyte posted:

Yep that was the problem, ctrl+rmb is the correct way to open them for storage. Thanks!

Yup, but seriously...if you're playing on Test say your character name here and I'm sure someone will send you some money to buy better bags. :) If I still have EQ installed I'll log in and see what I have.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Medullah posted:

He hasn't played since Kunark - he's probably right clicking the toolbox and it opens the trade skill interface rather than opening the toolbox. I think you have to hold CTRL or SHIFT then click it to open it to store items, they added that a long time ago so people wouldn't accidentally combine their precious items

I think the interface only opens for gnomes, so my gnome enchanter is loaded up with Reinforced Medicine bags instead :v: 10 slots, Giant, 10% WR.

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002

Medullah posted:

Yup, but seriously...if you're playing on Test say your character name here and I'm sure someone will send you some money to buy better bags. :) If I still have EQ installed I'll log in and see what I have.

Necro's name is Mindabusu. A guild invite would be cool

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

jetz0r posted:

Getting all the flags to expand bags is such a pain. I don't know why you need to scribe some no-drop books that aren't even all next to the pok banker, when just combining the bag + solution should be enough.

Gnome in sunrise hills sells the book about trans-dimensional bags, or something close to that. That book allows you to expand legendary bags
Then the tradeskill book vendor by the pok bank sells books that allow you to expand supreme and transcendent bags.

THEN the tailoring vendor sells the items to combine to expanded bags. Either Al'kabor's solution for a 100% WR verion. Or the much cheapre inverse solution for a 0% WR 999wt bag that's meant to go in your bank.

Yea, it's needlessly complicated. It took me a good hour to figure that poo poo out.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Arclyte posted:

Necro's name is Mindabusu. A guild invite would be cool

There isn't a goon Test server guild anymore unless you just want guild hall access, in which case you can just make your own. I dunno if anyone active even still has goon Test guild officer invite privs since all of us I'm aware of left. Pilsner might?

The few of us goons left on Test once the annual EQ Goonrush died are either in a raid(ish) guild or solo. Your best bet is probably just making your own guild and hopping in the serverwide goon channel to chat unless Zliz has a guild for you. We can't invite you to the raid guild because *reasons* unless you're 95/4kaa or whatever arbitrary reqs LoB has these days. You don't want to join us anyway unless you're like me and Wiji and only raid because it's fun feeling massively superior to idiots and bitching about them in secret channels when you wipe the 37th time in a row :v:

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 14, 2014

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002
Just the chat channel is fine. Thanks for the info!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

NP, let me know if you need help with anything! Reinstalling now because I'm an awful person and I hate myself. I can solo carry you through absolutely anything up to CoTF that you need.

Aside- Ignore all the RoI people in the thread! We've somehow picked up a lot of them. Dem other forums be dwindling :3: They'll lead you astray and make you believe winning is fun. Winning raids isn't fun. Wiping raids and having a super secret chat channel where the non-shitlords bitch about the shitlords is the only reason to play EQ now :smugdog:

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 14, 2014