Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Countblanc posted:

Smash 4 U.

Smash 4 Mii is the 3DS one obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Hey, just found this thread and wanted to ask, where do you guys find the best place to find news about the game is? I only just found out about how Zelda and Sheik are separate characters but apparently this has been news for a while. The official site blows as far as looking up actual information other than cute pictures with characters (Brawl's site was so good with that. Why change that?)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

TwoPair posted:

Hey, just found this thread and wanted to ask, where do you guys find the best place to find news about the game is? I only just found out about how Zelda and Sheik are separate characters but apparently this has been news for a while. The official site blows as far as looking up actual information other than cute pictures with characters (Brawl's site was so good with that. Why change that?)

Watch this video to be more or less caught up on everything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs

As for news, this thread is basically as good as it gets.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Pretty much, yeah. Thread's really active and is usually up to date within minutes of anything new.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TwoPair posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs

Well, that's the last direct which gave a ton of info and Sakurai posts a picture everyday on miiverse with descriptions and stuff.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/14866558073037300685

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

The problem with using this thread as an outlet for news information is that we have a minor news post maybe every three to four pages and then the rest of the time is spent fighting about Waluigi/Other M/tourney play/fun.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

TerminusEst13 posted:

The problem with using this thread as an outlet for news information is that we have a minor news post maybe every three to four pages and then the rest of the time is spent fighting about Waluigi/Other M/tourney play/fun.

fun is just a buzzword, i mean who plays games for fun right?? lol

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The fun of beating an unworthy scrub and demonstrating your gamer supremacy.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Countblanc posted:

The fun of beating an unworthy scrub and demonstrating your gamer supremacy.

"play me in a REAL fighting game next time like tekken6, see what happens scrublord!!!"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was always partial to Super Smash Bros Imbroglio.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If they really wanted to do the "reboot the series to not scare off the ever-skittish and possibly mythological casual gamer" thing that someone mentioned earlier, they should have just called it Smash. It's what everyone I know, casual or tournament player alike, calls the game, and it's cute and much more fun to say than "Super Smash Brothers" or even "Ess-Ess-Bee".

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Last time something was called "Smash", it was cancelled after two seasons.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Detective No. 27 posted:

I was always partial to Super Smash Bros Imbroglio.

I'm a fan of Super Smash Bros Donnybrook.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Looks like Mega Evolutions will indeed be Final Smashes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mega Evolution is only Charizard's final smash. Lucario's could still function in a different way.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Self-damaging moves are back! Wonder how that'll turn out.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
I'm a "Fraternal Pugilists" man, me.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I wonder if Charizards rock smash will be as broken as it was in Brawl

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

DrPaper posted:

Looks like Mega Evolutions will indeed be Final Smashes.

Charizard in Smash isn't true to the games at all. Rock Smash is actually useful here.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

.TakaM posted:

I wonder if Charizards rock smash will be as broken as it was in Brawl

The rock probably will be.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Cleretic posted:

Charizard in Smash isn't true to the games at all. Rock Smash is actually useful here.

Hey, lets give the big guy some slack. Considering they picked Megazard X over Y, he needs all the help he can get.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Endorph posted:

Mega Evolution is only Charizard's final smash. Lucario's could still function in a different way.

I doubt it. In the Greninja trailer you could see Lucario's eyes glowing yellow which is what happens when you have a final smash

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Macaluso posted:

I doubt it. In the Greninja trailer you could see Lucario's eyes glowing yellow which is what happens when you have a final smash

...? Why would that indicate that Lucario's Final Smash would be a Mega Transformation?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

...? Why would that indicate that Lucario's Final Smash would be a Mega Transformation?

Because he... was in his mega evolution form? :confused:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs

Super Smash Bros Throwdown

Super Smash Bros Dustup

Super Smash Bros Quarrel

Super Smash Bros Characters Are Fighting Here

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Macaluso posted:

Wait really? I've watched that final bit several times and there's no sign it's a final smash. The sky doesn't go dark, Megacario doesn't have the trademark glow and his eyes are actually just red.

Edit: I just watched it again and nope, his eyes are still red.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The game is still in development.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bongo Bill posted:

The game is still in development.

I would find it odd if they weren't finished with Lucario who they've had around for a month or so before they managed to finish charizard up :v:

Also it's been ages but did any other characters have a attack that costs hit % in Brawl? That sounds like a huge nerf if anything.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I would find it odd if they weren't finished with Lucario who they've had around for a month or so before they managed to finish charizard up :v:

Also it's been ages but did any other characters have a attack that costs hit % in Brawl? That sounds like a huge nerf if anything.

Pretty sure PK thunder does a little damage to Ness and Lucas if they use it for propulsion, didn't play them regularly though so I could be am wrong about that.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 13, 2014

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Pretty sure PK thunder does a little damage to Ness and Lucas if they use it for propulsion, didn't play them regularly though so I could be wrong about that.

It doesn't.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Ike's fully-charged neutral special did damage to himself. I feel like there's another character that could blow themselves up too, but I'm not sure who.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Pichu

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Cleretic posted:

Ike's fully-charged neutral special did damage to himself. I feel like there's another character that could blow themselves up too, but I'm not sure who.

Pichu damaaged himself with any attack that had an electrical effect, sometimes multiple times (Pichu's air F+A would hurt him almost as much as it would an opponent, IIRC.)

Overcharging King Dedede's Jet Hammer has the same effect as overcharging Ike's Eruption.

Game and Watch's Judgement deals 12% damage to him on a 1.

Wario, Kirby, and King Dedede still take some damage when they use Bite/Swallow on an explosive item, although no knockback (they also emit a brief explosive aura when they do so that does damage and heavy knockback to nearby opponents)

And of course, Link/Toon Link's bombs and Snake's Mines/Grenades/C4 care not about friend or foe, only destruction.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Cleretic posted:

Roy. Does that count though? It's pretty much the same move as Ike's.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God
Jigglypuff can also suicide herself if you let her shield break.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Do we know that Charizard is part of Pokemon Trainer, or could he be on his own?

Final Smash kinda means he's on his own, right? Or are there 3 final smashes for pokemon trainer now?

I'm probably way behind

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Pokemon Trainer is out (I imagine). Charizard is his own character now

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
There are no more double/triple characters thing. Sheik and ZSS are their own characters now, so is Charizard.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Zaphod42 posted:

Do we know that Charizard is part of Pokemon Trainer, or could he be on his own?

Final Smash kinda means he's on his own, right? Or are there 3 final smashes for pokemon trainer now?

I'm probably way behind

Charizard was announced as a semi-veteran in the entirely Smash-focused Direct; they're not doing transforming characters anymore, so Zeld and Sheik are separate, and Zero Suit Samus is separate from Real Samus. Instead of the whole Pokemon Trainer roster, we're just getting a full Charizard.

It's a good thing to see; they recognized that people didn't really like transforming characters, they always just stuck with one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kurtofan posted:

There are no more double/triple characters thing. Sheik and ZSS are their own characters now, so is Charizard.

I love it :allears:

• Locked thread