Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Lurdiak posted:

As long as Ryan Reynolds is kept at a minimum of 500 yards from the set at all times.

Johnny Knoxville for Deadpool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

theflyingorc posted:

He was not the problem with Deadpool

Sure, but he's a terrible actor and every comic book movie he's been in was crap. Coincidence? I don't want him to get a fourth shot at it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Lurdiak posted:

Sure, but he's a terrible actor and every comic book movie he's been in was crap. Coincidence? I don't want him to get a fourth shot at it.

Yes. He was the most entertaining part of Blade 3 along with Hunter and Posey.

He is fine. He is surrounded by bad decisions as movies are more than one person.

And he is no Eva Green who can take a movie like 300 2 and carry it on her back and be worth the price of admission alone.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

But then The Proposal joke in the Deadpool script doesn't work! :mad:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I'm going to take that a step further and say I've never seen him be good in anything. gently caress Ryan Reynolds.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Not sure where it originated, but here's the Batmobile going around Twitter. Oh and the Batsuit, too.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm going to take that a step further and say I've never seen him be good in anything. gently caress Ryan Reynolds.
He was alright in Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

He looks like someone dropped his sandwich on the floor.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

XboxPants posted:

I totally disagree, just type in Batmobile Redesign in GIS and see how many crazy ideas are out there. The Tumbler was pretty new too, but someone managed to think of that. There's no reason it has to even look like what someone normally thinks of as a car, think of all the bizarre concept car designs that get made.

Just give him a loving volvo or something.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Vincent posted:

Just give him a loving volvo or something.

Sorry already been done.

edit:
actually I like this one better:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Endless Mike posted:

Not sure where it originated, but here's the Batmobile going around Twitter. Oh and the Batsuit, too.

It's from Zack Snyders twitter, it's legit

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

"Does it come in color?"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Huge version

Also an alleged leaked photo of the body prototype which seems to match up with the official photo:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152038120577447

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 13, 2014

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

If the base of the suit is grey and it's not all black then this is the best screen costume yet. It looks like DKR batman drawn by Lee Bermejo. I'm sold.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Batmobile looks pretty boss there.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I like the look of the suit, but I'm getting serious Catman vibes from the ears.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Affleck gonna look silly in puffy muscle armor next to Henry Cavill and that is fun. That also feels like half rendering with Affleck's face tacked in the mask.

I guess he's there to carry the acting weight.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

It's ... pretty badass. It's all pretty badass. Mama like.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
My one issue with the costume, and it was a problem I had with the Nolan costumes too, is that the bat symbol is too similar in colour to the rest of the costume. I really wish it stood out more.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I like the look of the suit, but I'm getting serious Catman vibes from the ears.

'Catman vibes'.

Son, you need to get reading some DKR.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Huge version

Also an alleged leaked photo of the body prototype which seems to match up with the official photo:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152038120577447

There isn't a single road in the world where that thing could get up to its top speed.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

qntm posted:

There isn't a single road in the world where that thing could get up to its top speed.

Solution. Germany and autobahn.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

qntm posted:

Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Aww it'll be ok, Batman. We'll get you another ice cream cone when we get home, alright?

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I'm loving the suit but I'm not completely sold on that Batmobile. It looks like a robot duck head.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Endless Mike posted:

So legit. I love it.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

The Dark Knight Returns costume on the big screen :vince:

Unless something ridiculous happens I will probably put this above the Burton costume as best on screen Batman. So glad to be free of the terrible skull mask.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Waterhaul posted:

The Dark Knight Returns costume on the big screen :vince:

Unless something ridiculous happens I will probably put this above the Burton costume as best on screen Batman. So glad to be free of the terrible skull mask.

Just as long as he can turn his head around without having to move his entire body.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dan Didio posted:

Where we're going, we don't need roads.
It does look like it could become the Batplane if necessary.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Madkal posted:

My one issue with the costume, and it was a problem I had with the Nolan costumes too, is that the bat symbol is too similar in colour to the rest of the costume. I really wish it stood out more.

I agree with you on this, and in general I'm hoping it's not just one color. I love everything about this suit, but I'd like to see it in a photo that wasn't just a gray wash.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I dislike the chubby bat logo. So based on that opinion and my status as a nerd prone to hyperbolic outbursts about things that don't matter, gently caress this movie and burn it to the ground along with everyone ever involved in its creation.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Beanpants posted:

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I dislike the chubby bat logo.

Neither do I but at least it looks like we won't really be able to see it anyway.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Here's some high res shots for you guys. You can see all the details of how Batman stitched his armor together out of skin from Zod's flayed corpse.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/13/5713942/high-res-details-of-batman-and-the-new-batmobile

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Beanpants posted:

Here's some high res shots for you guys. You can see all the details of how Batman stitched his armor together out of skin from Zod's flayed corpse.

Ah, the ol' Nemean Lion trick!

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Beanpants posted:

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I dislike the chubby bat logo. So based on that opinion and my status as a nerd prone to hyperbolic outbursts about things that don't matter, gently caress this movie and burn it to the ground along with everyone ever involved in its creation.

If Snyder films are anything to go by the unpopular opinion is going to be even remotely liking the film and its style.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can't wait to see the reaching the already-made-up-their-minders are going to do to prove objectively that this sucks and is bad.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Batman doesn't need to turn his head, he's always looking directly at crime.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

zoux posted:

Can't wait to see the reaching the already-made-up-their-minders are going to do to prove objectively that this sucks and is bad.

I'm actually pretty disappointed. It's pretty unanimous across every site I frequent that the suit looks amazing. I was really hoping for some nerd tears.

Nothing will beat the outrage at the Superman Returns suit. The way people were acting you'd think shrinking the "S" was tantamount to the designers going back in time to molest the fans in their cribs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, Batsuit and Batmobile look awesome.

It kinda makes me think of the DKR suit mixed with the Arkham Asylum suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Kingtheninja posted:

I agree with you on this, and in general I'm hoping it's not just one color. I love everything about this suit, but I'd like to see it in a photo that wasn't just a gray wash.

Someone posted a brightened version in the CD thread that looks like it is black and gray. About drat time.

• Locked thread