Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oof, a few things spring to mind seeing this. The first... as a middle aged adult with a mediocre connection there's basically no loving way I'll be able to succeed at these unless the damage zones aren't instant-kills. I suspect a lot of people might be in a similar position. Second... this looks incredibly painful for melee classes. But third... yeah, it definitely looks a lot more fun than the classic raid stuff, especially since I loving loved Mimiron, Heigan, and other DDR bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I don't know about Stalker but Warrior looks like it has a poo poo ton of tools to help mitigate the fact that you're melee.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I look so loving good now. Dyes are amazing.

And the real secret about hoverboards: you can double jump on them.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 13, 2014

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Wow, I just barely made it to Level 10 on my closed beta character, does that mean I'm getting two hoverboards, since I pre-ordered Deluxe?

:3:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

a cat on an apple posted:

Wow, I just barely made it to Level 10 on my closed beta character, does that mean I'm getting two hoverboards, since I pre-ordered Deluxe?

:3:

Nope. Just the pre-order board.

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!

Kelp Plankton posted:

And the real secret about hoverboards: you can double jump on them.

Yes, but other mounts just twice as high with a single jump.

The only advantage Hoverboards have is going over water.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Jandipoo posted:

Yes, but other mounts just twice as high with a single jump.

And being a god drat hoverboard

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!

Doublestep posted:

And being a god drat hoverboard

Sorry but the hoverboard has nothing on the hamster ball.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Jandipoo posted:

canceling preorder now, Hoverboards don't function above bodies of water :colbert:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

That looks like a lot of fun, except how long do they expect a raid to take? When the amount of bosses, minibosses and challenges were listed alI I could think of is how much time all that content would take. Especially counting multiple attempts some of those might require.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Feindfeuer posted:

canceling preorder now, Hoverboards don't function above bodies of water :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NowdrL6fvb4

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
If the dungeons are anything to go by, bosses have a pretty quick TTK aside from fights where transitions make the boss invulnerable.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Potsticker posted:

That looks like a lot of fun, except how long do they expect a raid to take? When the amount of bosses, minibosses and challenges were listed alI I could think of is how much time all that content would take. Especially counting multiple attempts some of those might require.

It's in the article I posted. 3-5 hours for Genetic Archives, 4-6 for Datascape.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
^^^: Six hours for a raid? :lol: Like I have that kind of time.

Can I get an invite to Bad Rats for my mechari stalker/explore, TheTerribleSecret? Pubbies scare me.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
Reserve link posted:

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/reserve-name/

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

WarLocke posted:

Can I get an invite to Bad Rats for my mechari stalker/explore, TheTerribleSecret? Pubbies scare me.

no casuals allowed

6 hours spread out over a week lockout is not a big deal.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

WarLocke posted:

This is why you play with goons who will actually stop 1-2 hours in and get drunk and forget to pick back up the next day

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Still another hour before this link works, though.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
From the interview with the raid designer:

quote:

There is, however, a fair amount of loot that comes from each boss. 3-4 pieces drop per boss in the 20-person raid, 6-8 drop in the 40-person raid, and every boss has challenges that drop loot, rooms along the way drop loot, and so forth. The math should work out to about 1-2 items per player per full clear without doing any of the challenges.

This is fairly encouraging, from a loot perspective.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Kelp Plankton posted:

Still another hour before this link works, though.

Yup, noticed that as well.

By the way, nice work on those housing projects. Bit better than CoH bases huh?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

WarLocke posted:

Back when I was a semi-serious but still pretty casual raider we used to raid 6-9 hours a week spread out over 2-3 days. 6 hours for a raid really isn't that much. From what I remember, that's around what Ulduar would take.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

blueberrysmith posted:

Yup, noticed that as well.

By the way, nice work on those housing projects. Bit better than CoH bases huh?

Absolutely. It reminds me a lot of Garry's Mod, though without the fidgety physics making things explode and fly away every once in a while for no reason.

Once we get into the actual launched game there's going to be some crazy cool stuff. Personally I'd like to forego plugs entirely and build a small town that takes up a whole housing zone. I'm worried about item limits though, it might not be high enough to do something on that scale.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Doublestep posted:

no casuals allowed

6 hours spread out over a week lockout is not a big deal.

Six hours over a week getting 40 people together. It's weird how that seemed like less of a big deal in WoW. Though, at that time EQ raids were the measuring stick.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
There's currently a bug in Ellevar where if you hit a slug it will put out a gigantic explosion of particles and put you at 1 fps for about 5 seconds.

It was very jarring to see the first time

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

That's six hours for a group that is geared to farm the raid and also knows how to kill the bosses efficiently. The learning phase will likely take significantly longer.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, something tells me I ain't gonna be doing much raid healing with a EU->US connection. :stare:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

AegisP posted:

From the interview with the raid designer:

This is fairly encouraging, from a loot perspective.

Naw, all that loot will just be distributed to the "inner circle" and their boy/girlfriends' medic.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The inner circle deserves better loot because they're better people.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Naw, all that loot will just be distributed to the "inner circle" and their boy/girlfriends' medic.

You eliminate the girl/boyfriend problem by only rolling with goons.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Bauxite posted:

Back when I was a semi-serious but still pretty casual raider we used to raid 6-9 hours a week spread out over 2-3 days. 6 hours for a raid really isn't that much. From what I remember, that's around what Ulduar would take.

Nah, Ulduar was more like 2-3 hours if you knew what you were doing.

Then again, I'd bet Carbine is way overestimating clear times.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."
Their site's getting DDOSed pretty bad (with the best of intentions) isn't it

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

straw man posted:

Their site's getting DDOSed pretty bad (with the best of intentions) isn't it

Yep. I have no idea how they didn't think this was going to happen.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

Yep. I have no idea how they didn't think this was going to happen.

Guys it will be fine just bump up to the next AWS tier

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
You know things are bad when you can't even serve 404 pages fast enough. I actually got a 44 page because the zero couldn't load.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Thoom posted:

You know things are bad when you can't even serve 404 pages fast enough. I actually got a 44 page because the zero couldn't load.

You haven't heard of the mysterious error code 44? It's way worse...

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Their forums are down now too

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Why did anything anywhere think this was a good way to do this?

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

The 404 page itself, just the components that I can get to load, is more than a meg. Amateurs

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

straw man posted:

The 404 page itself, just the components that I can get to load, is more than a meg. Amateurs

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

straw man posted:

Holy poo poo. :ughh:

• Locked thread