Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Slow Motion posted:

Many years ago I had a relationship with a wonderful, stable, and supportive girl. We lived together in five cities across two continents. After I was hired to my current position she decided to go to med school. We tried a long distance relationship. It was a miserable failure. For 5 months I was miserable. Our best couple friends were super supportive. Then they invited me to join in threesomes. That was the first time I've ever cheated on a relationship. The four years since have been a hurricane of crazy.

You say you were with some super supportive girl four years ago, then you got married, and divorced, and that's been at least several months ago, right?

You work quick, sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Well that explains a lot.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
When did you get fat?

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned

Veskit posted:

I change my mind, Ballin like Sisyphus, flying like Icarus is perfect.

This is your brain on syphilis

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Man this thread is the poo poo lately. :popcorn:

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Slow Motion posted:

I'll nominate a thread title.
The single most important page in my journal reads:

code:
I am Icarus. I fly.
I'm talked about in whispers, with awe,
And they don't even know it's me.
I am Icarus. My sun is rising. 
A gently caress buddy of mine told me a story in bed in the wee hours of a night. She told me about her engaged friends inviting some dude for threesomes. She told me about how she thought they were crazy, and how it ended up causing issues with their relationship because their third was more attractive and had his poo poo together much better than the man.

Many years ago I had a relationship with a wonderful, stable, and supportive girl. We lived together in five cities across two continents. After I was hired to my current position she decided to go to med school. We tried a long distance relationship. It was a miserable failure. For 5 months I was miserable. Our best couple friends were super supportive. Then they invited me to join in threesomes. That was the first time I've ever cheated on a relationship. The four years since have been a hurricane of crazy.

Slow Motion: I am Icarus. My sun is rising.

You do know how the story of Icarus ends right?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Ballin' with syphilis, flyin' like the Hindenburg.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
SlowMo: Like the Titanic, it's smooth sailing.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
I don't think most dudes brag about 2-dude threesomes, um.

Slow Motion
Jul 19, 2004

My favorite things in life are sex, drugs, feeling like a baller, and being $30,000 in debt.

No Wave posted:

When did you get fat?

The good ex and I cooked and ate a ton of great food. Too much of it bread and pasta. I was also afraid of artificial sweetener and powered through 10 months of 21-25 credit quarters on 220 calorie a can Full Throttle.

PassTheRemote posted:

You do know how the story of Icarus ends right?
Nah. It never ends.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

moana posted:

Ha. This is a great post.

Most dudes brag about anything though so you are probably wrong.

April
Jul 3, 2006

moana posted:

He also thinks that running up massive credit card debt on ballin is some kind of accomplishment.

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Slow Motion posted:

Nah. It never ends.

Did you just confuse Sysiphus and Icarus?

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.

Bloody Queef posted:

Did you just confuse Sysiphus and Icarus?

If you remove "just", and assume the answer is yes, it explains so much.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

when I felt those smooth smooth balls rub up against my balls, man, it was like I was flying towards the sun

Folly
May 26, 2010

moana posted:

when I felt those smooth smooth balls rub up against my balls, man, it was like I was flying towards the sun

Please tell me this is going in one of your books?

Also, in all seriousness, I can't imagine a more accurate thread title than the current one.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

moana posted:

Reminder that it's not gay if the balls don't touch.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS

quote:

Keep on reaching for the sun, Slow Motion! Feels nice and warm, doesn't it?

Also, 'grats on the sex.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
You're all just jealous because you don't have awesome wax wings like Slo Mo does

I believe I can fly~~~
I believe I can touch the sky~~~~
I think about ballin' every night and day
Spread my wings and spend away
I believe I can soar~~~~~

*buys a $300 pair of shoes shaped like birds*

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

SarutosZero posted:

You're all just jealous because you don't have awesome wax wings like Slo Mo does

I believe I can fly~~~
I believe I can touch the sky~~~~
I think about ballin' every night and day
Spread my wings and spend away
I believe I can soar~~~~~

*buys a $300 pair of shoes shaped like birds*

I see me spending through that open door~~~~~~~
I believe I can fly~~~

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Slow Motion posted:

code:
I am Icarus. I fly.
A gently caress buddy of mine told me a story in bed in the wee hours of a night. She told me about her engaged friends inviting some dude for threesomes. She told me about how she thought they were crazy, and how it ended up causing issues with their relationship because their third was more attractive and had his poo poo together much better than the man.

You need to take either more or a lot less drugs. :wtc: is this poo poo?

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Just made it from Page 1 to here over the past few days.

I can't believe it's still going. I assumed it would just stop at some point, but welp. Thanks for the entertainment everyone.

Just curious, not gonna make any assumptions or try to get psychoanalytical, but what older people do you look up to as role models? Not in a hero worship way, but when you see yourself as an old man, who in your life do you hope to be the most like? Older guys in your company? Family? Celebrities?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Chinaman7000 posted:

Just curious, not gonna make any assumptions or try to get psychoanalytical, but what older people do you look up to as role models? Not in a hero worship way, but when you see yourself as an old man, who in your life do you hope to be the most like? Older guys in your company? Family? Celebrities?

Gonna take a wild guess:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

FrozenVent posted:

Gonna take a wild guess:

I love the fact that he's also underwater.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Slow Motion posted:

This is incredibly accurate, but for a completely different reason to the one you intended.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

FrozenVent posted:

Gonna take a wild guess:

#Baller

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
It's fascinating how he seems to delight in trolling the very people he asked for advice.

It's as if he doesn't really want help at all, just attention.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Of course. His "single most important" journal is what other people say about him. It's sad and telling both that he cares more about his reputation than about his character.

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

Slow Motion posted:

Do we live in the same Seattle? The one in Washington? King County? Full of tech people who make more money than you and own terrible condos? Cause you can't live in the Seattle I'm from, and believe that sort of thing is significant. More than half the 20-somethings I know here are experimenting with being poly, with varying levels of success, "broke up because they weren't prepared for a secondary partner to made it weird" being one of those.

I just can't believe you wrote bad poetry about that time you had sex with some people. Literally everyone else is doing the same drat thing. I guess I'm glad it apparently blew your mind or whatever, though.

I just can't get over the poetry. And then you showed it to us?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Does anyone else ever get embarrassed on someone else's behalf? I was doing fine until now :(

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

SolTerrasa posted:

Do we live in the same Seattle? The one in Washington? King County? Full of tech people who make more money than you and own terrible condos? Cause you can't live in the Seattle I'm from, and believe that sort of thing is significant. More than half the 20-somethings I know here are experimenting with being poly, with varying levels of success, "broke up because they weren't prepared for a secondary partner to made it weird" being one of those.

I just can't believe you wrote bad poetry about that time you had sex with some people. Literally everyone else is doing the same drat thing. I guess I'm glad it apparently blew your mind or whatever, though.

I just can't get over the poetry. And then you showed it to us?

I suddenly need to go to Seattle.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

tuyop posted:

I suddenly need to go to Seattle.

Someone link tuyop's GF to this, she has an account; tia.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Anne Whateley posted:

Does anyone else ever get embarrassed on someone else's behalf? I was doing fine until now :(

It's called Fremdschämen, Schadenfreude's more uncomfortable cousin

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

Slow Motion posted:

code:
april 22nd: was a baller
april 23rd: was a baller
april 24th: was a baller
A gently caress buddy of mine told me a story in bed in the baller hours of a night. She told me about a sweet baller who dealt out fliff left and right, not even counting it. She told me how she thought he was baller, and how it ended up making him a huge rad baller because his money was more attractive and was much baller than her.

Many years ago I had a relationship with a baller, baller, and baller wad of cash. We balled together in five cities across two balls. After I was hired to my current position (Head Baller) she decided to go to ball school. We tried a long-distance ballationship. It was a miserable ballure. For 5 balls I was baller. Our ball couple balls were super baller. Then they balled me to join in ballsomes. That was the ball time I've ever balled on a ballationship. The ball years since have been a ballicane of baller.

Slow Motion: I am baller. My sun is baller.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Sold my car on Craigslist today. Only took 20 days, 10 of them I was out of the state for work. Come on slow motion, get that sucker sold!

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Shine posted:

Reminder that it's not gay if the balls don't touch.

Yeah, but sometimes there's no avoiding it:

Slow Motion posted:

I would not hesitate to rock the high-waist-fast-talker to an exam one day.

Slow Motion delivers:

Never you mind
Jun 5, 2010
SlowMo, you have yet to make it to 30. You don't get to talk about ANY romantic relationship as happening "many years ago." All your bullshit about living together on x+1 continents or spontaneous vacations in the rainforest comes across like dimestore Hemingway. Just waiting for you to go big game hunting in the Serengeti like a baller.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Slow Motion posted:

code:
I am Icarus. I fly.

\

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
Every generation thinks they invented swinging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

Old Fart posted:

It's fascinating how he seems to delight in trolling the very people he asked for advice.

It's as if he doesn't really want help at all, just attention.
Broken records, all of us. It's pretty clear this is all an attention grab... Once he's out of debt and can ball harder, I'm guessing the thread will die and he'll impress people more in person. #baller !

• Locked thread