Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

I think I found the only Kmart in the world that cares about street dates. Went in looking for the 33 dollar giant Godzilla, instead found the entire AOE first wave, but they told me they couldn't sell them to me because they shouldn't be on the racks yet and that there was "no way to override" the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Swerve and Cosmos arrived for me yesterday via BBTS.

Swerve is a fantastic little toy. His headsculpt is brilliant, and I really enjoy his tranformation despite it being incredibly simple.

Cosmos is neat. Very cute little dude. One leg won't stop popping off as I transform him, and his head seems a bit wobbly, but other than that I enjoy him.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm still hoping for proper g1 dinobots who are not grimlock under non-movie Generations.

Hasbro doesn't like to mix CHUG stuff with movie stuff due to potential confusion, so actual G1 Dinobots are a long way off, if they ever happen at all. At best I would expect the G1 deco movie Dinobots to get a US release next year.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Hasbro doesn't like to mix CHUG stuff with movie stuff due to potential confusion, so actual G1 Dinobots are a long way off, if they ever happen at all. At best I would expect the G1 deco movie Dinobots to get a US release next year.

I dunno we got HFTD and RTS and people were rightfully confused and that was only prior to generations restarting. Not only that but Generations got Bumblebees while there was movie Bumblebees on the shelves many times as well as other movie characters who had generations figures.

Dinobot recolors are not slated at all for the 18 movie generations figures for 2014. However there's still a buttload of non-movie generations figures who are a bunch of unknowns. IIRC Hasbro said movie generations would not continue past this year, so I assume that any recolors would probably wind up under generations anyways.

I mean it's going to be really weird if they don't try and recolor them. Especially now since they're brining back first wave 1996 Beast Wars molds and even Japanese beast Wars molds.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

I dunno we got HFTD and RTS and people were rightfully confused and that was only prior to generations restarting. Not only that but Generations got Bumblebees while there was movie Bumblebees on the shelves many times as well as other movie characters who had generations figures.

When? I don't recall multiple Bumblebees shipping simultaneously, or any other characters having movie versions and CHUG versions at the same time. Hasbro has always been careful about that. Sometimes shelfwarming movie Bees sit around until new TV show characters ship later in the year or the year after, but that's not the same thing.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Prime BH bee and Generations Bee were on the shelf at the same time. Mostly do to Prime BH Bee shelf warming, but it was there.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Keldroc posted:

When? I don't recall multiple Bumblebees shipping simultaneously, or any other characters having movie versions and CHUG versions at the same time. Hasbro has always been careful about that. Sometimes shelfwarming movie Bees sit around until new TV show characters ship later in the year or the year after, but that's not the same thing.

IIRC, Battle Blade Bumblebee and War for Cybertron Bumblebee hit shelves pretty much simultaneously, and then a year after they put out that classics repaint in Reveal the Shield just to confuse things even more.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Here's Voyager Galvatron from AoE. You know, despite it being a total shellformer, the mold itself and how it handles all that kibble (it manages to have half of the altmode in its back, and it's still very far from the worst backpack in the TF world) is somewhat interesting. Sadly, like Baltmatrix says, the dull grey kinda kills him. If they do a repaint I can see myself picking one up.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

3 posted:

IIRC, Battle Blade Bumblebee and War for Cybertron Bumblebee hit shelves pretty much simultaneously, and then a year after they put out that classics repaint in Reveal the Shield just to confuse things even more.

Fair enough, although the 2010 movie rehash line was a pretty strange bird overall anyway. Fact remains, they've never put two different versions of the same character on the shelf in a movie release year that I can recall, especially a character that isn't universally recognizable like Bumblebee or Optimus. Generations G1 Dinobot molds are not happening any time soon.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Remember all the Cliffjumpers? The crappy WFC repaint, the Prime version, the GDO remold, gag.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

strangehamster posted:

Remember all the Cliffjumpers? The crappy WFC repaint, the Prime version, the GDO remold, gag.
Not everyone had a traumatic cliffjumper experience like you did friend.

Although part of me still really hates the WFC mold. Even know you know what you're doing, he kinda sucks. And when you don't know exactly what you're doing but sort of remember? He really sucks.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Spiderdrake posted:

Not everyone had a traumatic cliffjumper experience like you did friend.

Although part of me still really hates the WFC mold. Even know you know what you're doing, he kinda sucks. And when you don't know exactly what you're doing but sort of remember? He really sucks.

I intentionally omitted the FE Cliffjumper I imported, the SDCC I got from HTS, and the Zombie version. That's six deluxes right?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blackheart posted:

Here's Voyager Galvatron from AoE. You know, despite it being a total shellformer, the mold itself and how it handles all that kibble (it manages to have half of the altmode in its back, and it's still very far from the worst backpack in the TF world) is somewhat interesting. Sadly, like Baltmatrix says, the dull grey kinda kills him. If they do a repaint I can see myself picking one up.

Why is Galvatron Nemesis Prime?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Why is Galvatron Nemesis Prime?

That's a great question. I guess we'll have to wait for someone to see the movie and report back.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Beats me, and he's also apparently man-made. (Using Megatron's corpse perhaps?)

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

(Using Megatron's corpse perhaps?)
Is your confidence in the movie that low that naming him Galvatron doesn't imply that to you?

(the answer is probably yes)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I know it is VERY possible, it's just that the comics have made me accept the crazy idea of Galvatron being his own 'bot.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

Is your confidence in the movie that low that naming him Galvatron doesn't imply that to you?

(the answer is probably yes)

Watch his name be some lovely backronym:

(General Atomics Limbed Vehicular Automaton)/TRON.

Tron as in "we frankensteined him out of bits of Megatron and a Euro COE."

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Blackheart posted:

Beats me, and he's also apparently man-made. (Using Megatron's corpse perhaps?)

That kinda makes sense, since Megatron was a truck-former when he was murdered.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Hound looks pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dMlC94cB1A

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Holy poo poo, he's awesome. The guns COMBINE.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I even like Hound's look in the movie.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The MSJ posted:

And he's voiced by John Goodman.

Still I'm curious how the reviews will be for it because the first three movies were awful. I mean are those past installments going to weigh it down?

Keldroc posted:

Fair enough, although the 2010 movie rehash line was a pretty strange bird overall anyway. Fact remains, they've never put two different versions of the same character on the shelf in a movie release year that I can recall, especially a character that isn't universally recognizable like Bumblebee or Optimus. Generations G1 Dinobot molds are not happening any time soon.

They also have Generations grimlock packaged with a movie figure, while both Platinum and Generations Voyager are still on the shelves.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 14, 2014

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Still I'm curious how the reviews will be for it because the first three movies were awful. I mean are those past installments going to weigh it down?

http://boxofficemojo.com/search/?q=transformers posted:

Lifetime Gross:

Transformers (57% Rotten Tomatoes) - $319,246,193
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (20%) - $402,111,870
Transformers: Dark of the Moon (36%) - $352,390,543

Probably not.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

The Taint Reaper posted:

It doesn't matter because kids want to see a movie with giant robots and toilet jokes. The story could be utter gibberish because it's basically printing money.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

They also have Generations grimlock packaged with a movie figure, while both Platinum and Generations Voyager are still on the shelves.

"With a movie figure" is the key phrase there. Those Platinums are shelfwarming from last year.

Best we can hope for is gold and grey versions of the movie dinos. And that the Voyager Slog is a real thing.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I figured out Crosshairs' vehicle mode after watching Optibotimus' video review (since he's one of the few people who shows the transformation in both directions) and there's a part of the elbow joint I wasn't angling properly. It's not documented in the instructions at all.

I also caved and went back to Walmart and picked up Scorn and Slug after watching Peaugh's reviews of them. I don't know that I'm going to get ALL of the dinobots, but I want the forthcoming voyager 2-pack Grimlock.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The MSJ posted:

This looks goddamn awful. Why does he have teeth.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Definitely buying him on sight.

The Rage posted:

You crazy, bro. Hound looks great, and Transformers have had teeth since forever.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

I figured out Crosshairs' vehicle mode after watching Optibotimus' video review (since he's one of the few people who shows the transformation in both directions) and there's a part of the elbow joint I wasn't angling properly. It's not documented in the instructions at all.

I also caved and went back to Walmart and picked up Scorn and Slug after watching Peaugh's reviews of them. I don't know that I'm going to get ALL of the dinobots, but I want the forthcoming voyager 2-pack Grimlock.

My local Walmart just got the Deluxes and Leaders in. I was going to pick up one of the dinobots but then I realized they were charging 15.98 for them as opposed to 12.97 for the Beast Hunters Deluxes. Sorry but no way am I biting at that price.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

This is pretty much my plan. The four Deluxe Dinobots and the Evasion Mode/Voyager Grimlock two-pack. If Voyager Slog is a real thing I'll get that, too, assuming it's not rear end.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

Definitely buying him on sight.

You crazy, bro. Hound looks great, and Transformers have had teeth since forever.

Also I think it's just his robo-lips or whatever.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Xenomrph posted:

Full-on nostalgia explosion: I had that comic that "teeth.jpg" was on the cover of. In fact it may have been the only comic I had as a child, and I don't know where it came from or what happened to it. It was 90s as HELL.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

This is pretty much my plan. The four Deluxe Dinobots and the Evasion Mode/Voyager Grimlock two-pack. If Voyager Slog is a real thing I'll get that, too, assuming it's not rear end.
Based on the stock photos I don't know how much I care about Strafe or the raptor, but some video reviews could sway me. I wasn't planning on getting any dinobots at all, and here I am with two of them now. :suicide:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

My only issue with the Hound shots is that they spent three movies refusing to give the robots actual faces, instead using all the shifting panels and insectoid crap, and now all of a sudden they've got Santa Claus smoking a cigar in there. I don't know what changed Bay's mind but I wish it had done so in 2006. And goddamn that should have been Bulkhead, not Hound.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I'm not going to lie I'm digging most of the AOE designs a WHOLE lot between the blocky knight helmets and the really emotive looking faces and the GUNFACES.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Current IDW Galvy looks a bit better in this character model, but I still feel that's too much gray.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

The Rage posted:

Yeah I cant barely make out a face in all that rust coloured spiky mess.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Just read the new MtMtE.

Aw man :smith:

Rodimus is in the coffin. His corpse is missing half its head. I really wished we could have seen him become Prime. Boo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Veg posted:

Yeah I cant barely make out a face in all that rust coloured spiky mess.
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you're serious.