Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

ICHIBAHN posted:

Didn't give it away at all that he was joing. Sounded completely legit.

I just thought he wasn't serious from the way he said something like "for me it's Gus Poyet" and then proceeded to spend more time talking about who his second place choices were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

If you hate your ears and your eyes you can begin watching Grantland's Men In Blazers World Cup Previews:

USA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vd-SQUaY_g

INGERLUND: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAKlcuIqqN4

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
It's a bit sad. I started listening to Football Weekly season before last, and I liked Barry. The last season, it's really coming out how much he seems to dislike discussing football. I like Jimbo and Steinberg. And Rafa if he doesn't get too animated.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
He isn't joking about Poyet as he says the same thing in the Guardian's write up.

Glendenning is fine, it's good to have somebody on who doesn't take football that seriously and him and Jimbo clearly like each other, which often isn't the case with the other staff.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Glendenning is up their with Lawrenson now in the stakes of people whose job it is to talk about football but are seemingly incredibly bored by it.

Imagine those two commentating on a match together. christ.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Koesj posted:

Where the gently caress's this week's Ramble.

It's being delivered by Papa John's.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
That thing at the end of the Ramble was awful.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah it was pretty dreadful.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Well I found 'what does the D stand for' 'dunno' funny.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
The Ramble hasn't been as funny or original lately, I think. Maybe it's just those sponsored shows that have been putting me off.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

sweek0 posted:

The Ramble hasn't been as funny or original lately, I think. Maybe it's just those sponsored shows that have been putting me off.

Yeah. Can't blame them for trying to make a few quid, but they're a bit poo poo. I think they tone it down a bit because of the sponsors. For the Capital One Cup ones at least, they were talking like it was the World Cup or something.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJmkmagaIi8

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
oh god Duarte please gently caress off

Where does Amy disappear to in the middle third of the pod?!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Duarte literally said that 2-0 is the most dangerous score line

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Duarte is the absolute worst. He's so awful and that time he brought up some long rear end Family Guy joke is still annoying me.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Amy made a loving arse of herself with her shite about Arsenal & Liverpool's season satisfaction. loving mark moron.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

ICHIBAHN posted:

Amy made a loving arse of herself with her shite about Arsenal & Liverpool's season satisfaction. loving mark moron.

I've literally never seen you post anything in this forum that isn't whining about football weekly and I don't know if thats really weird or actually quite funny.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Blue Screen Error posted:

I've literally never seen you post anything in this forum that isn't whining about football weekly and I don't know if thats really weird or actually quite funny.

It's definitely really funny. Also Arsenal had the better season so

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

ICHIBAHN posted:

Literally http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_position_effect

She has forgotten completely about the poo poo middle of the season where Arsenal went from top of the table to completely irrelevant to the title race

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Blue Screen Error posted:

Cool. What else you been up to?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I'm currently ticking a box marked "really weird"

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

I'm really going to struggle with keeping up with all of the pods over the World Cup. The Guardian will be daily and I guess The Game and Ramble will be a couple per week, at least.

Are there any good World Cup specific ones at the moment or coming up? I don't think Baddiel and Skinner are doing one this year, are they?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Mickolution posted:

Are there any good World Cup specific ones at the moment or coming up? I don't think Baddiel and Skinner are doing one this year, are they?

It'll Go To Penalties: http://playbackmedia.co.uk/podcasts/itll-go-to-penalties/

Hosted by Playback Media so if you listen to Stop Hammertime, Tuesday Club, Spurs Show etc, or any of the larger fancasts you may recognize some of the voices.

Anyone else have any good worldcup pod pics - preferably very partisan..

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
World Cup Daily is horrendous innit? Barry's omniprescence (though ok he wasn't on today's show), the awful phone-calls to people in Brazil, with awful awful sound. poo poo.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
It's fine. I don't understand why you listen to it though.

Why don't you show us on the doll where James Richardson touched you?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Puns have been good, at least.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Love Ac Jimbo.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Amazing ramble today. :D

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Doubt it.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
AC Jimbo pinups are now live

http://sport.bt.com/pictures/european-football/behind-the-scenes-of-the-european-football-show-promo-41363922080641

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Anyone know when any of the season previews are out?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Mickolution posted:

Anyone know when any of the season previews are out?

@footballramble posted:

How do you know the football season has started? Because there's a new Football Ramble to listen to! First one out on Monday/Tuesday

Football Weekly I don't know but I'd bet on Thursday.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Nice one, thanks.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
The guardian have got team by team previews on their site with their Football Weekly commentators. They're all only about a minute and a half long.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Football Ramble are also doing another live show in October, tickets for which sold out in less than a day.

Literally hundreds of people desperate to pay a tenner to see them on stage apparently.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

In semi podcast related news the Men in Blazers are going to have a Monday night show on the NBC sports network. http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/men-in-blazers-jump-to-nbc-1407714244?mobile=Y I'm really interested to see if the podcast transitions to television.

edit Article is behind a Wall Street Journal paywall here's the pastebin http://pastebin.com/ypmcPbY1

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 11, 2014

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

blakout posted:

In semi podcast related news the Men in Blazers are going to have a Monday night show on the NBC sports network. http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/men-in-blazers-jump-to-nbc-1407714244?mobile=Y I'm really interested to see if the podcast transitions to television.

I really hate these guys but they seem to be super popular after the World Cup. What gives?

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

MoPZiG posted:

I really hate these guys but they seem to be super popular after the World Cup. What gives?

They got pimped pretty hard by Grantland, a popular USA sports writing site. They're probably hoovering up all the new soccer fans after the world cup who don't know any better.

e: grantland is owned by ESPN too so they probably got shown a bunch there, I don't know because I never watched the ESPN coverage

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

MoPZiG posted:

I think they had a tv show during the world cup or something? ESPN seem to like them, and they were everywhere during the world cup. They're awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

blue footed boobie posted:

I think they had a tv show during the world cup or something? ESPN seem to like them, and they were everywhere during the world cup. They're awful.

They had a big segment in the world cup wrap up show every night on ESPN. I'm a fan of theirs, the enthusiasm and the fun are great to listen to and they have good guests most of the time . If I want analysis I'll listen to football weekly