Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

davecrazy posted:

Over 100 new posts. Did something happen or is it a Is Romo clutch argument?

Andre Johnson was traded to the Patriots

Real talk though, he wants out of Houston :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Doltos posted:

Poor Chud.

Who is the next longest tenured coach after Belichick? Coughlin?

Edit: it's Marvin Lewis :wom:

Marvin owns and I hope he stays until he dies and then his ghost gets named GM

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eric Mangini was a lousy coach, but his teams drafted Alex Mack and Joe Haden in the first in Cleveland and D'Brickashaw, Mangold and Revis in the first with the Jets.

This really isn't relevant to anything as in that 3rd year with the Jets they drafted Vernon Gholston.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

If we must trade Andre, make it for Fitz

Hey Intruder, do you want me to chime in about the realities of the salary cap now, or just wait til later

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

Hey Intruder, do you want me to chime in about the realities of the salary cap now, or just wait til later

la la la not listening la la la

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If we get a second rounder for 'dre I'd be happy with that.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Doltos posted:

Poor Chud.

Who is the next longest tenured coach after Belichick? Coughlin?

Edit: it's Marvin Lewis :wom:

He must have a really low salary

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wouldn't be happy with it at all but I'd understand. I want Andre to retire as a career long Texan :(

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rasczak posted:

He must have a really low salary

They don't release coaching salary numbers, but from various leaked information, he's probably making a bit under half of what Belichick does. His last announced deal was $6.5m for 2 years in 2011, and Belichick makes at least $7.5m per. Andy Reid makes $7.5m as well, and Chip Kelly makes $6.5m.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Kalli posted:

Eric Mangini was a lousy coach, but his teams drafted Alex Mack and Joe Haden in the first in Cleveland and D'Brickashaw, Mangold and Revis in the first with the Jets.

This really isn't relevant to anything as in that 3rd year with the Jets they drafted Vernon Gholston.

He had three 2nd round picks in 2009.
Brian Robiskie
Mohammad Masaquoi
David Veikune

Not good. In fact he bungled that draft entirely, taking garbage from the Jets as a trade. How much of it is on him and how much is on the immortal George Kokinis is unknown, but it was simply breathtaking that they did so poorly and clearly lucked into Mack being an all-pro player.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

I wouldn't be happy with it at all but I'd understand. I want Andre to retire as a career long Texan :(

Well unless he wants to go to a bottom-feeder, he should shut his mouth. The only semi-decent teams that can really eat his cap hit are the Eagles and the Jets.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kirios posted:

A second rounder? :lol:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Don't sign a long contract. I think when millionaire athletes don't get their way, they complain. Give me $18M and I will play for anyone, anywhere. They say it's business when they leave for more money. Well, they're right. It's business, show up and do your job.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Alouicious posted:

Patrick Peterson is a quadruple-threat player so he deserves the most money geaux tigers

You don't see many tapdancers these days.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Intruder posted:

Don't sign a long contract. I think when millionaire athletes don't get their way, they complain. Give me $18M and I will play for anyone, anywhere. They say it's business when they leave for more money. Well, they're right. It's business, show up and do your job.

What's your take on teams honoring contracts by not cutting players?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

He's 33 and it looks like his team is content with starting Case Keenum next year. Cut him some slack.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brannock posted:

Baseball kinda sucks because my team is cheap and bad.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Give me ______ and I will play ______.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Brannock posted:

:ssh: I didn't write that

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Intruder posted:

Long contracts don't mean as much when they aren't guaranteed.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Looks like the Rams have decided to get in on the NFC West incest action.

quote:

@brian_mcintyre
Rams were awarded LS Jorgen Hus off waivers from the Seahawks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Give me ______ and I will play ______.

Give me ___$10___ and I will play __with myself in public__

e: according to this dude with SOURCES it's largely a clash of personalities between Bill O'Brien and Andre

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Give me _a Lions tattoo_ and I will play _a troll on the Internet_.

eaglesmerlin1
Mar 29, 2010

Intruder posted:

Andre Johnson was traded to the Patriots

Real talk though, he wants out of Houston :(

my...heart... :(

If only we could have drafted a young talented prospect out of Miami to help calm Andre's frustration.

Oh well, he's not refusing those paychecks McNair is writing sooo see you in July Dre

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He doesn't plan to report to minicamp, which is mandatory and will result in fines, so he is in fact going to be giving up money

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Intruder posted:

Give me ___$10___ and I will play __with myself in public__

e: according to this dude with SOURCES it's largely a clash of personalities between Bill O'Brien and Andre

That makes sense. BOB seems like a real oval office and I figure he'll run Texas into the ground with some Patriot Way bullshit.

I'd want out too.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fire BOB, rehire Kubiak

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to catch passes from the illustrious Tom Savage

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That makes sense. BOB seems like a real oval office and I figure he'll run Texas into the ground with some Patriot Way bullshit.

I'd want out too.

It's McDaniels in Denver all over again :munch:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Kirios posted:

Maybe if Johnson didn't publicly say he wants out. A fifth or sixth is more realistic now. Maybe the Raiders would offer something if it didn't put them in cap hell (it will).

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 13, 2014

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Oh, and if you think it's bad now wait til JJ Watt holds out next summer.

eaglesmerlin1
Mar 29, 2010

Rasczak posted:

It's McDaniels all over again :munch:

LOL OB is no baby mangenious. He's actually been a head coach, and decided not to draft Johnny Tebow when he had a few chances to.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
If the Bills get a 4th for Stevie, I'd want a 2nd at a minimum for Andre, if not more. That said, I really hate that it's even come to this.

gently caress. :smith:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DJax was straight-up cut. Johnson won't get much value in a trade. It suckes

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He's 32 years old and would essentially be on a 2/$32m contract after which the receiving team could cut him without too much dead money. That's not worth a whole lot.

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Andre%20Johnson&Position=WR&Team=Texans

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

eaglesmerlin1 posted:

Johnny Tebow

no

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Holy poo poo Joe Haden got loving paid. I mean, he's really good, but drat.

Honestly, if winning is Andre Johnson's priority he's not going to get much better than where he is. There's nobody good that could afford him except the Eagles and I kinda doubt that they would want to invest very much on a 33 year old when they already extended Cooper and stocked up on receivers during the draft. Yeah, there's probably a limited ceiling for Houston with Ryan Fitzpatrick or Tom Savage throwing passes but that defense could still feasibly win them 6-8 games.

I'm pretty excited about Stevie Johnson, you guys. Hopefully he develops good chemistry with Kap during training camp like Boldin did.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

bhsman posted:

If the Bills get a 4th for Stevie, I'd want a 2nd at a minimum for Andre, if not more. That said, I really hate that it's even come to this.

gently caress. :smith:

Since Stevie went for a 4th yall are lucky to get that much.

Considering he is much younger and had a much more team friendly contract.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Cool I'm watching AJ Green's future happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Rap and I high-fived irl when the Browns drafted JFF

• Locked thread