Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rscott
Dec 10, 2009
You can lose up to 70% of your liver function before you start getting negative effects from liver cirrhosis!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

meatpimp posted:

See... you should have had a camera going, then you could have made :10bux: on youtube.

I strongly considered putting a camera on but mostly it was 7 hours of boredom punctuated by moments of sheer terror. So you guys would end up either staring at my rear end for 7 hours, or I would end up doing that while editing the video, and that's not something I intend to subject anyone to.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

rscott posted:

You can lose up to 70% of your liver function before you start getting negative effects from liver cirrhosis!
Mine was down below 20% function and was very close to needing to be transplanted. They swapped in new intestines and weaned off of IV nutrition (what was destroying the liver) and within a year I was back to around 75% function, another year and a half and my liver was as good as new. Pretty amazing what the body can survive through.

Unrelated...Big HPC systems are great when they run well and behave. When you go poke them and do maintenance things get ugly. What should have taken two hours this morning took ~6. That room gets cold fast when the system isn't cranking out heat.

Anyone want a 928? Thinking of just listing it as is and accepting any offer of what I paid or better to get it out of the garage and get some cash. That extra couple thousand would be more than enough to get the E21 finished up. Either flushing the brakes on that tonight or fixing the mower...again. I should really just buy a decent mower instead of loving around with hand-me-downs from coworkers.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I'm sitting here, cursing our F150 due to the number of broken bits+ 14mpg and missing my drat 135i I sold this winter. I almost bought a 2012 Mazda3 Skyactive hatch yesterday (the private seller wanted $12,5k- which is ~ 5-7k less then a dealer would have tried to sell it for), but someone beat me to it with cash. Now I'm back checking out TDI Jetta's and pretty much every car under $20k I can find. I'll even buy a drat automatic at this point, I just want passenger space (wife+child) and decent (20+mpg). Someone just go buy me a car, I'm failing at this pretty hard.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Anyone else have trouble using their clutch pedal in flipflops? The back of my sandals always catch on the floor and fuckup my depress/release action. The clutch pedal in the Miata is rubberized so I can do that one barefoot, the the 92x is pretty uncomfortable drilled metal. I wonder if my sandals have too much "lip" between the edge of my foot and the edge of the sandal, or if I shouldn't be pivoting on my heel when I clutch, or if it's just unavoidable.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I think you're just supposed to not wear sandles while driving.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

blk posted:

Anyone else have trouble using their clutch pedal in flipflops? The back of my sandals always catch on the floor and fuckup my depress/release action. The clutch pedal in the Miata is rubberized so I can do that one barefoot, the the 92x is pretty uncomfortable drilled metal. I wonder if my sandals have too much "lip" between the edge of my foot and the edge of the sandal, or if I shouldn't be pivoting on my heel when I clutch, or if it's just unavoidable.

Go barefoot or wear shoes, sandals are pretty poo poo for driving.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Trick question. gays aren't supposed to wear flip flops.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

cursedshitbox posted:

Trick question. gays aren't supposed to wear flip flops.
Not without some darling bows and rhinestone highlights anyway.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

NitroSpazzz posted:

Go barefoot or wear shoes, sandals are pretty poo poo for driving.

Srsly, I never even thought of trying to drive with sandals on, especially not flip flops. I just kick them off when I get in the car.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Negromancer posted:

Srsly, I never even thought of trying to drive with sandals on, especially not flip flops. I just kick them off when I get in the car.
I bet you guys apply your makeup and glitter while driving, too.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Cage posted:

I bet you guys apply your makeup and glitter while driving, too.

Just think about what we do with a manual tranny.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

cursedshitbox posted:

Just think about what we do with a manual tranny.
I thought his name was Manuel?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

blk posted:

It took me a moment to realize I wasn't still in Cycle Asylum

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah, If I'm going to be wearing flip-flops and driving I usually just go barefoot in the car. I can use the clutch pretty ok, but it's 100x easier barefoot.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I heel toe in my Rainbows all of the time.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Some of you guys may know that feeling of "yeah, I'm definitely gonna have kids some day" that just pops up at some point in your life.

I think it just popped into mine :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvpCmKUo1Aw

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I remember when one of my ex-girlfriends asked if I could teach her how to use a manual transmission, the lesson ended with an "Ohhhhh......" (you all know the kind of "Ohhhhh......" I'm talking about) before it even began when I suggested she should wear proper shoes instead of her favourite *~cute~ flip-flops.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Somebody told me once your insurance wouldn't cover you if you're wearing flip flops? I kinda doubt it but it's widely regarded as dangerous to drive with them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've lost 14lbs in the last 6 weeks.

A girl just said my butt looked good. Total stranger. I feel loving awesome.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

How many of you are still driving in your AI-sanctioned Reeboks that we got cheap as poo poo?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

KozmoNaut posted:

Some of you guys may know that feeling of "yeah, I'm definitely gonna have kids some day" that just pops up at some point in your life.

I think it just popped into mine :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvpCmKUo1Aw

I'm still not 100% sure but this song came on the radio one day and it said things I didn't remember it saying when I last heard it a few years ago...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUwjNBjqR-c

So yeah, there you go.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If you live in Florida driving in flip flops is a mandatory skill. It's not easy with a manuel but it can be done, I also go barefoot a lot because I'm at the beach all the time :3:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My not-quite-two years old daughter is more obsessed with cars than even I was at that age. She has to have a hot-wheels car with her when she goes to bed, hugs the car after riding in it, and calls my Celica a race-car because she loves watching youtube videos of Celicas rallying through the forest (and she'll get pissy if I try to sneak in other kinds of racing). If I'm working on a car she'll come over and pick up a wrench and try to help out.

Basically having a kid is cool as hell. :3:

Also, my mom used to sing Cats in the Cradle to me every night as a baby. She said she didn't really pay attention to the lyrics until I got older, at which point it was too late to try a different song.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I can't heel-toe barefoot! I'm so used to doing it that it really messes me up if I can't.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

meatpimp posted:

How many of you are still driving in your AI-sanctioned Reeboks that we got cheap as poo poo?

Man, I remember that thread. I missed out on them :( Ended up getting some Pumas which sucked for wide feet and then some Pilotis which suck for high arches. Driving shoesss :argh:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I've lost 14lbs in the last 6 weeks.

A girl just said my butt looked good. Total stranger. I feel loving awesome.

Nice! Keep it up. I discovered 2 weeks ago that I'm capable of doing pull-ups. I'd always been too fat as a kid/young adult and never tried. Up to 10 in a row now.

meatpimp posted:

I wore holes in mine so quick. I've never had a pair of shoes so comfortable though. I had some Piloti driving shoes I bought when I blew out the Reeboks, but then I blew those out and now Piloti is out of business and no one makes a good driving shoe. :(

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I pleasantly discovered that the drilled metal Miata accelerator pedal has been smoothed out with wear, so I can drive completely barefoot.

Driving in cleated bike shoes is the most terrifying thing ever. I tried it once in the Saabaru and the cleat kept catching the edges of the metal pedals. Went (painfully) barefoot after 20 seconds, it was just too dangerous.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I am surprised you lot are happy to drive barefoot or in thongs (flip flops). I can't think of anything worse. Always wear shoes while driving.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

leica posted:

If you live in Florida driving in flip flops is a mandatory skill. It's not easy with a manuel but it can be done, I also go barefoot a lot because I'm at the beach all the time :3:

A who

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
In my state its illegal to drive barefoot. So the real skill is putting shoes on as fast as you can while being pulled over.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

You Am I posted:

I am surprised you lot are happy to drive barefoot or in thongs (flip flops). I can't think of anything worse. Always wear shoes while driving.

I don't mind driving barefoot. I started when we would autox my dads old lotus 7 clone, since the pedal box was so small I could not drive with shoes on.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

rscott posted:

Awesome! All the more reason to put off quitting until hockey season is over.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

[edit] GO BILLS

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

Awesome! All the more reason to put off quitting until hockey season is over.

Don't push your luck!!

leica posted:

[edit] GO BILLS

Remember in the 90s when the Bills made it to the Superbowl like five times and kept losing? :smith:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

So either my new radiator is ridiculously efficient or my car is wigging out. The temp gauge barely climbs at all now, whereas it used to hang out around the midway mark and just stay there. No funny noises, no steam, no clouds of white smoke from the exhaust... Everything seems fine and nothing exploded during the entire 2 hours i drove all across the state v:shobon:v

EDIT: Damnit I need to disable my Word substitution and Cloud-to-butt plugins before posting... I'm never sure if i'm mistyping poo poo anymore :v:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 14, 2014

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

T1g4h posted:

So either my new radiator is ridiculously efficient or my car is wigging out.

Or you have a bad thermostat, which is the most likely explanation by far if it's running too cold. Determining that won't happen with the gauge in the dash, you'll need to pull OBD2 PIDs or directly measure coolant temps some other way.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Oh god I hope not. I really don't want to go through the hassle of replacing that, especially after sinking $100 on the new rad :sigh:

Oh wow they're under $15. Huh. Alright, not such a huge deal then. Might as well replace that Thursday just to be safe. AI, I do so love your advice :h:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 14, 2014

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Our toaster at work speaks volumes as a metaphor for our shop.

It also shorts out the entire circuit if used in tandem with the microwave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

T1g4h posted:

Oh god I hope not. I really don't want to go through the hassle of replacing that, especially after sinking $100 on the new rad :sigh:

Oh wow they're under $15. Huh. Alright, not such a huge deal then. Might as well replace that Thursday just to be safe. AI, I do so love your advice :h:

Easiest way to check, does your heater work? If it just barely blows warm air after driving for a while, prolly have a thermostat that is stuck open.

• Locked thread