Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
You guys were literally a move away from surviving this challenge. How much frustration sets in from being so close and still failing?

A whole lot of frustration, personally. Possibly more despair. Our strategy was strong but the addition of....it doesn't matter. Losing by luck is still losing, so yeah. Not super happy in the tribe tonight.

You guys are going to be down to four people after this Tribal. It becomes almost imperative that you cannot lose anymore. What needs to happen at Tribal Council to make sure it doesn't happen again?

Our losses have honestly been so arbitrary that I doubt anything we can do can ensure victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

You guys were literally a move away from surviving this challenge. How much frustration sets in from being so close and still failing?
I think we were the first, by several turns, to get the enemy down to just one sub, so it was definitely frustrating. There's not much you can do at that point though except look at the board and pick mostly at random. We did almost hit it, but I think we were still a few rounds away from nailing the actual location. We enjoyed a brief moment of suspense when we saw our last sub had been hit, but when we'd entered our shots first, so we were anxiously awaiting the result... which turned out to be bad, and here we are.

You guys are going to be down to four people after this Tribal. It becomes almost imperative that you cannot lose anymore. What needs to happen at Tribal Council to make sure it doesn't happen again?
Well, it's not as if it was anyone's fault we didn't hit that last sub, that was just the luck of the draw. I'm not sure we have a 'weakest member' that we can remove to help out our odds. We just need to keep playing and hope we fare better next time out there. Obviously we want to win next time, because any time we lose one of us has to be voted out and our position will be weaker going into the merge.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Both Dhaes and Bowmore said beforehand that they'll be here at 7:30 so I guess that's it until then!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Hey, John Cena, I'm going to have to be phone-only from 7:00 EST to probably past voting time. Is it possible for me to PM you my vote sans template?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

Hey, John Cena, I'm going to have to be phone-only from 7:00 EST to probably past voting time. Is it possible for me to PM you my vote sans template?

sure

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Players, it is now time to vote. Using the template above, write down on the parchment and PM to me who on your tribe you wish to vote out. Do not post who you are voting. Unless you are answering questions, you cannot post in this thread until after the votes are revealed. You have until 12:00AM tonight to cast your votes.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

John Cena posted:

For Bowmore, Dhaes

A few of you seem to know eachother from playing Mafia and other games together. Does this naturally cause you guys to potentially form an alliance, or would you be wary of each other knowing how sneaky and deceptive you all can be?A bit of both I'd say. I'm more wary of the players I don't know to be honest - as the saying going "knowledge is power"

BUT I know how often what you know can be flipped on its head and come back to bite you.

I think it's about making sure we are all on the same page and also a little luck wouldn't hurt!

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

John Cena posted:

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

For Bowmore, Dhaes

A few of you seem to know eachother from playing Mafia and other games together. Does this naturally cause you guys to potentially form an alliance, or would you be wary of each other knowing how sneaky and deceptive you all can be?

bromore pretty much hit the nail on the head with the whole "more wary of players I don't know", but honestly, I'm not all that worried. It is just fun playing a game with these guys again, and the two new faces were both lots of fun to scheme with to try to win battleship. I'd say that was a spiritual victory anyway, gently caress those 1 hit subs, those are luck.

quote:

For everyone

Both games went down to a crap shoot, with the roshambo it didn't help that my turn was while I was at work. I dunno, I don't think anyone here has really been a fuckup on anyone's part.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's time to reveal the votes. After the votes are read, the player with the highest number of votes cast against them will be the next player eliminated. If anyone has the Hidden Immunity Idol, and you want to play it, now would be the time to do so.

*...*

Alright, let's get to it.

One vote for Maltose.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

One vote Maltose, one vote Bowmore

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

That's two votes for Mr. Maltose, one vote for Bowmore, two votes left.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Third person voted out of Awful Survivor BYOB...

Mr. Maltose, that's three votes, and tonight that's all we need. Bring me your torch.

The tribe has spoken.

It's time for you to go.

I'll see everyone here for tomorrow's Tribal Immunity challenge at 6:00 PM. Only four people from each tribe will be participating. It's going to be a fun one, I guarantee it.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

John Cena posted:

Only four people from each tribe will be participating.

No poo poo.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
First the guy in the hospital, now the guy who was homeless. At what cost victory?

Kick their poo poo in, Hurf!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Sorry for the tribal council, Hurf. Maybe next time you'll have a battleship strategy that isn't "emulate a blind man throwing darts"

I'm sorry, that was uncalled for, the blind man would have had more accuracy :smuggo:

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
One day, John Cena will stop scheduling challenges for 6:00. One day. One glorious day.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
7:00 would be so much better!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but 6 is fine, force me to wake up I suppose

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bowmore posted:

7:00 would be so much better!

We can do 7! If thats what the people want, they got it!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

My ideal time would be 7:30, gives me more time to get home, but I'm flexible.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
I don't even get home from work until 730 est, so any earlier and I literally can't be there.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hmm, what about 9:00PM, is that doable for you guys? Or is 7:30 good for everyone?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I'll just do whatever. We're not likely going to find something that works for all of us.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Okay, I'm gonna hold this challenge at 8:00PM tomorrow, you guys need to figure out which four people from your tribes will be participating.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Works for me, I actually do work late tomorrow, but I should be home by then.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Just so Hurf and Durf are prepared: I am currently boarding a plane to Tennessee so I can use the Titan supercomputer for this challenge. You all should just quit right now.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Your Personal Muse posted:

Just so Hurf and Durf are prepared: I am currently boarding a plane to Tennessee so I can use the Titan supercomputer for this challenge. You all should just quit right now.

Thanks for the heads up! I was planning on taking out Kennedy Space Center today, but I guess I'll have to re-route my terrorists over to Oak Ridge, instead.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Propaganda Machine posted:

Thanks for the heads up! I was planning on taking out Kennedy Space Center today, but I guess I'll have to re-route my terrorists over to Oak Ridge, instead.

Why are you sending terrorists toward me? Are you that afraid of De that you must take me out by any means?

No matter, if their aim with a gun is anything like your aim in battleship, I'll probably be able to complete the challenge while they are shooting at me without worry.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Why are you sending terrorists toward me? Are you that afraid of De that you must take me out by any means?

No matter, if their aim with a gun is anything like your aim in battleship, I'll probably be able to complete the challenge while they are shooting at me without worry.

That's cute. What's next, gonna send me a love letter with the HII stashed inside it? I am a lonely girl facing off against a boys' alliance, you know :allears:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

That's cute. What's next, gonna send me a love letter with the HII stashed inside it? I am a lonely girl facing off against a boys' alliance, you know :allears:

That's a shame that you are facing off against a boys' alliance. In De we only have men, so you wouldn't have to worry about that if you were in our tribe.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

That's cute. What's next, gonna send me a love letter with the HII stashed inside it?

:munch:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hey guys, here are the details for the challenge you will be playing in tonight. It's an Awful Survivor staple, the QUOTATION HELL CHALLENGE.

In this challenge, you will be supplied with a large body of text. Your goal is for your tribe to one by one, quote and add lines from the text to recreate it in this thread. You must quote your other tribemates posts, adding one line from the original body, repeating this process until the entire thing has been posted. You will do this like so. Imagine this is the body of text you'd be working with

John Cena suuuuucks
He really suuuuucks
John Cena suuuuucks
He's just the woooooorst

The way this would start out, Player One would simply just post the first line, no quotes needed.

Player One's Post:
John Cena suuuuucks

Player two would then quote that line, repeat it, and then add the next line, like so

Player Two's Post:

Player 1 posted:

John Cena suuuuucks
John Cena suuuuucks
He really suuuuucks

Player Three would then quote THAT, add the next appropriate line, and this process repeats until the entire body has been completely quoted. Like so:

Player Three's Post:

Player Two posted:

John Cena suuuuucks
He really suuuuucks
John Cena suuuuucks
He really suuuuucks
John Cena suuuuucks

You guys get the picture. When you post, you must be posting only the quoted text and nothing else. If you leave something out of your post or add something in by accident that isn't part of the original body of text, you must start over. If a member of your tribe posts consecutively, you must start over. If the chain is broken and the same length of text has been posted, you must start over. If a member of your tribe posts out of turn, you must start over. There will be no spectator posts in this challenge.

In this challenge, only up to four people are playing per tribe. De and Durf, you guys need to sit someone out. De, as part of your reward, you'll be allowed to pick one of Durf's people to sit out for this challenge. You guys can make your picks when the challenge is set to begin. Each player will be required to post at least six times in this challenge. A player cannot post consecutively for their tribe. This is all about coordination. The body of text you will be working with will be supplied when the challenge begins. Are there any questions?

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 14, 2014

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:munch: Donny Brook Memorial Immunity Challenge :munch:

RIP Donny :smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Durf getting attacked again :rolleyes: Apparently the first immunity challenge was also an anti-reward challenge to have the other teams dogpile you for the rest of the game.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

IcePhoenix posted:

Durf getting attacked again :rolleyes: Apparently the first immunity challenge was also an anti-reward challenge to have the other teams dogpile you for the rest of the game.
It's because we are badasses and these scrubs cannot stop us or our clever submarine placement.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

CapnAndy posted:

It's because we are badasses and these scrubs cannot stop us or our clever submarine placement.

I didn't know you were apart of De

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

I didn't know you were apart of De
I didn't know De was the tribe that hasn't been to Tribal Council yet

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

CapnAndy posted:

I didn't know De was the tribe that hasn't been to Tribal Council yet

Only because we allowed it by saving you in battleship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Only because we allowed it by saving you in battleship.

After all, we wanted to make the game at least a little fair.

• Locked thread