Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mount Desert
Jan 14, 2010

WarLocke posted:

Nexus is going to be the testing server after launch, so it's not really an option AFAIK.

Is there some way to set up floating health bars like in this video by default or is he using an addon?

He's using the Bijiplates addon. (awesome and essential)

http://wildstar.curseforge.com/ws-addons/220006-bijiplates

Fiddle with the settings to change the bar type to square and display distance (when the bars actually show).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

Kresher posted:

Didn't someone from this thread say that he reserved the name "FranBunnyFFXII"?

Some guy with that forum handle on Wildstar forum is bitching and whining HARD about it.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45577-name-take-a-unique-name-ive-had-for-years/

I remember when Rift first came out, there was a goon guild that took a really big guild's name. Some GM came along and stole it from us and gave it to them. I was never able to enjoy the game after that. :mad:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Wildstar Player Support posted:

Hello N4I,

There was an issue with a Digital Deluxe Upgrade Code not being applied to your WildStar account. This issue has since been resolved for future purchases, but there is no upgrade code associated with your purchase. However, we have manually added the Digital Deluxe Upgrade items to your account and they will be available to you at HeadStart! So you're all set!

Please keep in mind, your account type will always display "Retail" but I can assure you, you now have the Digital Deluxe Edition! You also won't see a Digital Deluxe Upgrade Code listed in your used codes or transaction history. But again, you are a Digital Deluxe player!

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Zach
WildStar Support Team

That was an entirely painless process! Not something I'm used to with customer support for games.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 14, 2014

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Kresher posted:

Some guy with that forum handle on Wildstar forum is bitching and whining HARD about it.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45577-name-take-a-unique-name-ive-had-for-years/
Aww, I just came here to post about that. Just reading that person's post and forum signature makes me legitimately dislike her(?) so I'm glad someone managed to snipe her literal "identity" away from her.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
Is 30FPS on Medium what I should be expecting for my rig (GTX 760 OC, FX-6300), or is the game still suffering from optimization issues?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Kresher posted:

"Considering that my life is centralized around videogames, this name is equivalent to my Identity."

Jesus kid

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AzureRequiem posted:

Is 30FPS on Medium what I should be expecting for my rig (GTX 760 OC, FX-6300), or is the game still suffering from optimization issues?

No, that sounds terrible. You should be able to play at max settings at 60fps I would. Is that really your performance in the open beta?

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
Yeah, that's what I'm getting.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AzureRequiem posted:

Yeah, that's what I'm getting.

Wow, that is awful. It should be way better then that. I blame Wildstar and maybe Nvidia will have new drivers out soon that give better performance for Wildstar.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

welp, barring a complete reinstall of Windows, it seems Wildstar won't work on my computer. Had the same issue when I got into the beta and gave up. OB worked so I figured the problem was past, but now it's reared its ugly head again. Can't even uninstall Wildstar because it needs the launcher.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Prism posted:

So, there's no chance of a guild on a PvE server? I really do not enjoy world PvP at all and probably would not like playing on Pergo very much unless it has a lot less PvP than I'm guessing (what is it, every level 20+ zone is a free for all?) I may try if it's the only option (I don't know anyone but goons playing this) but I'd definitely like to hear if there is a PvE guild.

There are a lot of goons who hate open world pvp and are planning on rolling PvE. It won't be a problem.

SlayVus posted:

From my understanding, once you depart from the station to the first PvE questing area that is when PvP starts as well. So basically, you could be killed right out of the gate from high level players right when you first step off the boat.

No.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Phrasing posted:

There are a lot of goons who hate open world pvp and are planning on rolling PvE. It won't be a problem.

No.

You're right, getting camped by high level characters starts at level 15.

space kobold
Oct 3, 2009

I wonder what the likelihood is of them getting an Oceanic (or even West Coast) server situated within the first 6-8 months after launch.

Looking at the raid videos has me scared for when I'm finally torn forcefully away from my low-latency, awesome American internet and sent to the land down under. :ohdear:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You're right, getting camped by high level characters starts at level 15.

I thought it started at 21+? You won't _not_ get your poo poo pushed in, but at least it's better than 6/15?

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Prism posted:

So, there's no chance of a guild on a PvE server? I really do not enjoy world PvP at all and probably would not like playing on Pergo very much unless it has a lot less PvP than I'm guessing (what is it, every level 20+ zone is a free for all?) I may try if it's the only option (I don't know anyone but goons playing this) but I'd definitely like to hear if there is a PvE guild.

Don't kid yourself, there are going to be at least 4 guilds, one for each combo of faction/pvp|pve

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient

space kobold posted:

I wonder what the likelihood is of them getting an Oceanic (or even West Coast) server situated within the first 6-8 months after launch.

Looking at the raid videos has me scared for when I'm finally torn forcefully away from my low-latency, awesome American internet and sent to the land down under. :ohdear:

Using Alt+F1 to look at latency, both Pergo and Widow (Oceanic) servers have the same ping to me. I live in Korea at the moment, so that came as a surprise to me and led me to believe that the "Oceanic" marker is a sham.

Anyway, the ping is surprisingly stable and playable at around 160ms for me, so I won't be having any problems other than the time zone issue when we eventually start the raids. (East coast peak hour would be morning~afternoon for me)

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Strategy posted:

I got "Rad Bats" if youd rather use that instead.

If we can also get Bad Rats we should make this either the alt guild or the Exile guild name IMO.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Minsky posted:

If we can also get Bad Rats we should make this either the alt guild or the Exile guild name IMO.

The Exile Guild name and everyone roll Aurin.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

dreffen posted:

http://rest.wildstar-online.com/api/gnpnr This will show you what name and guild name you got reserved.

I got the wrong name reserved because this system is dumb. So, hooray. Did you get the wrong name? 'Get hosed' is probably the answer you're going to get.

For some reason even though it told me Dominion Minions was okay and reserved before, it didn't save it at all. So I tried again and it tells me 'Dominion Minions' is not allowed at all. Not taken- just not allowed.

So I reserved Dominion Minion instead which is not as good but is allowed while Dominion Minions is not for some reason? :confuoot:

breakfall87
Apr 22, 2004
ABunch7587's little bitch

Mount Desert posted:

If you are on Fios and can't connect to the Launcher to patch or download the game, you can edit your hosts file or wait for it to sort out. Just add the following entries:

174.35.37.197 wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com
174.35.37.197 wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com.cdngc.net

---

I reserved <Customer Support> for guild, sorry Cyster.

How do I go about doing this?

Just Dont Look
Nov 6, 2007

Perhaps thou shalt dain to sup on the meaty sustenance of my loins.

Kresher posted:

Using Alt+F1 to look at latency, both Pergo and Widow (Oceanic) servers have the same ping to me. I live in Korea at the moment, so that came as a surprise to me and led me to believe that the "Oceanic" marker is a sham.

Anyway, the ping is surprisingly stable and playable at around 160ms for me, so I won't be having any problems other than the time zone issue when we eventually start the raids. (East coast peak hour would be morning~afternoon for me)

I'm in Korea as well and my experience has been generally the same as far as latency is concerned. My Australian buddy on the other hand, says that he consistently hovers around 350. I can move out of the telegraphs without any issues, while he constantly gets obliterated. It could be he is just slow and has the reflexes of a rock though.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Despite getting the name I wanted reserved, I really do thing they should just scrap the entire thing and just leave it for headstart. It still gives people who pre-order an advantage and means that guild names in particular aren't handled in an incredibly clunky way.

breakfall87 posted:

How do I go about doing this?
Hosts file in Windows is located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. Edit it with notepad (or any text editor) and add those two lines to it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Wow, nameplates are just generally hosed up in this game at the moment. Even with the bijiplates addon, half the time they simply don't show up, even after I start shooting things.

breakfall87
Apr 22, 2004
ABunch7587's little bitch

Mercurius posted:

Despite getting the name I wanted reserved, I really do thing they should just scrap the entire thing and just leave it for headstart. It still gives people who pre-order an advantage and means that guild names in particular aren't handled in an incredibly clunky way.

Hosts file in Windows is located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. Edit it with notepad (or any text editor) and add those two lines to it.

Easy enough but now it says access denied and I'm the only person on this computer. What in the world

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out because I am a champion!

breakfall87 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 14, 2014

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Deki posted:

I thought it started at 21+? You won't _not_ get your poo poo pushed in, but at least it's better than 6/15?

It does.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient

Just Dont Look posted:

I'm in Korea as well and my experience has been generally the same as far as latency is concerned. My Australian buddy on the other hand, says that he consistently hovers around 350. I can move out of the telegraphs without any issues, while he constantly gets obliterated. It could be he is just slow and has the reflexes of a rock though.

Oh hey, fellow living in Korea buddy! Maybe we can group up when everyone else in North America's asleep, eh?

As for your Aussie buddy, I don't think it's the reflexes since his ping is 350. That poo poo is unplayable.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

This little guy is so happy.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Argas posted:

Well gently caress, running into the 0xc00007b application error I had from an earlier beta client then. The open beta client worked fine but guess something's happened to screw that up.

Yep, it's definitely back.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nobody's gonna stop you all from organizing what you want where, we're just starting the guild on Pergo and trying to get everyone in it we can so there's at least one big guild. That said, don't be afraid of it. There is plenty of territory to roam around before the contested zones, and more than a few people who are eager to pound some bunnygirl faces in if they're giving you a hard time. Hell, I was leaning towards PvE myself but after asking around I get the feeling the threat is seriously exaggerated. If you look at the polls, there is basically no way to satisfy everyone, but I hope the fence sitters will come join us on Pergo.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Well the new patch last night drastically improved my performance. On Medium settings I'm getting an average of 40 FPS in places I was getting 20 before. It's still not spectacular, but I can totally roll with that until I can upgrade. Maybe they finally added some multi-threading stuff?

Strangely changing my options still gets negligible performance changes but I'm much happier with this, and gives me hope that maybe this game will actually bloody run at a decent framerate on release.

By the way, does anybody have a mod that will lock the game to a stable cap? I'd rather just lock it to 30 if I'm not going to get 60.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."
I think this is the first Wildstar Wowhead clone. http://www.jabbithole.com/

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yep, it's definitely back.

You too?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

CrashCat posted:

Hell, I was leaning towards PvE myself but after asking around I get the feeling the threat is seriously exaggerated. If you look at the polls, there is basically no way to satisfy everyone, but I hope the fence sitters will come join us on Pergo.

It very much is. I've been on pop locked servers in pvp servers since I played mmos and have never been inconvenienced by world pvp whilst leveling for more than ten minutes two or three times on a character max. More if I'm being stubborn and trying to gank them back, obviously.

The whole flotilla of 50 pvpers ganking lowbies really doesn't happen that often if ever. I've definitely leveled up more alts that have never been killed by a max level autist than ones that have.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

Sedisp posted:

It very much is. I've been on pop locked servers in pvp servers since I played mmos and have never been inconvenienced by world pvp whilst leveling for more than ten minutes two or three times on a character max. More if I'm being stubborn and trying to gank them back, obviously.

The whole flotilla of 50 pvpers ganking lowbies really doesn't happen that often if ever. I've definitely leveled up more alts that have never been killed by a max level autist than ones that have.

This is pretty spot-on. Plus, the little bit of time that you lose being ganked by some bored cap-level is offset by the amount of anger you can cause at cap yourself.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Sedisp posted:

I guess we'll find out, but seeing what the common denominator pubbie that is excited for wildstar is like really doesn't jive with that.

Also I'm not in it to grief anyone who's leveling, so it's basically just a big bother with no real benefit to me.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
If this game has any hot spots for farming for raid mats, ganking people trying to farm is really funny, and that's why I pvp.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Bauxite posted:

I guess we'll find out, but seeing what the common denominator pubbie that is excited for wildstar is like really doesn't jive with that.

Also I'm not in it to grief anyone who's leveling, so it's basically just a big bother with no real benefit to me.

I hate to make a WoW comparison but if Wildstar's world PVP is similar, it means that while you probably won't be consistently inconvenienced over the course of a few days, it's enough to ruin a few hours of gaming. And like you, I just don't really care much for causing grief so there's no return payoff for me.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient

ZionestLord posted:

If this game has any hot spots for farming for raid mats, ganking people trying to farm is really funny, and that's why I pvp.

I loved doing that in original WoW, and I will continue to do so in Wildstar.

Styrka
Jul 18, 2010

straw man posted:

I think this is the first Wildstar Wowhead clone. http://www.jabbithole.com/

I've been watching that and WildHeap and it's definitely pulling ahead in terms of functionality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Three Chuas walk into a bar. They begin dancing feverishly.

• Locked thread