Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I know there was a guy a while back who said he'd cloned like 999 copies of certain items - did anyone do that with Char-Y's Mega Stone? I want a Charizard Y!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

HUGE POWER

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I, uh... what?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Hulkamania, brother.

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH

less laughter posted:

I don't understand Mega Abomasnow's design. With most Megas you can tell what they were inspired by or what they're based on (e.g. Mega Lucario is a primeval warrior, Mega Manectric is a living thunderbolt, Mega Alakazam is an Indian swami, Mega Heracross is a Hercules stag beetle, Mega Medicham is a Hindu priest, etc.), but Megaboma I just can't figure out. Do those three ice spikes on its back signify anything for instance, or are they just there to look cool? That's fine too, but I'd like it if they had some kind of function, like Mega Blastoise's huge cannon or Mega Pinsir's outrageous/awesome wing contraption. Does anybody have any ideas regarding Megaboma?

Abomasnow is an Abominable Snow Tree, and his mega form is that only moreso. The giant ice spikes on his back replace the smaller pinecone spikes he had before, so maybe he is a little more snow and and a little less tree. Still abominable, though.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

The Japanese name for Huge Power is Muscleman.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
The fake mega evolution pics being made now are kinda funny, in that uncomfortable 4chan way. The header for that Mega Azumarill one says, in Google Translate Japanese, "How can I fit 100 penises in my mouth???"

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Complexcalibur posted:

Abomasnow is an Abominable Snow Tree, and his mega form is that only moreso. The giant ice spikes on his back replace the smaller pinecone spikes he had before, so maybe he is a little more snow and and a little less tree. Still abominable, though.

Yeah, I don't think the mega evolutions are modeled after anything specific that wasn't already there... they just take it and make it "moreso"

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Some Megas are just more of the Pokemon itself, and some add much more to the Pokemon. For instance Ampharos: http://youtu.be/1JmNpvDqjaw?t=2m10s

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

less laughter posted:

Or stupid you for waiting years and years instead of just playing the game. No offense.

Years and years? Do you mean less than a year and year? Less than 2 years of support for your game's features is ridiculous.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Khanstant posted:

Years and years? Do you mean less than a year and year? Less than 2 years of support for your game's features is ridiculous.

It's not Nintendo shutting down the servers, it's Gamespy, and Nintendo isn't rehosting the servers. Glu Mobile bought them and only announced recently that they were shutting things down.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Not that it's my place to tell Nintendo how to handle their online features, but sometimes I wonder just how out of touch Nintendo was (and still is) about the Internet and its place in gaming even in 2004.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

In 2004 none of the consoles were especially great about this stuff. Nintendo was always the worst, but it's not like Microsoft or Sony weren't bad as well. Even Seam was bad back then. Problem is that Nintendo has been the slowest to adapt and it really shows now, all of their online stuff is a complete mess. Plus, some stuff that makes sense for Japan just doesn't for anywhere else.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Star Man posted:

Not that it's my place to tell Nintendo how to handle their online features, but sometimes I wonder just how out of touch Nintendo was (and still is) about the Internet and its place in gaming even in 2004.

From my time working there in CS? Pretty drat out of it.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
God damnit gently caress the Wobuffet in the Cafe Le Wow Rotation Battle. I absolutely understand why these loving things are banned in Smogon. Only time my maxed out goddamned Mewtwo ever loses a fight is because of that thing's goddamned Mirror Coat because I can't quite oneshot it. Uuuggghhh.

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 14, 2014

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Cerony posted:

The Japanese name for Huge Power is Muscleman.
Ahh that actually explains a lo

How Ingratiating! posted:

The header for that Mega Azumarill one says, in Google Translate Japanese, "How can I fit 100 penises in my mouth???"

:negative:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Nethilia posted:

It's not Nintendo shutting down the servers, it's Gamespy, and Nintendo isn't rehosting the servers. Glu Mobile bought them and only announced recently that they were shutting things down.

Okay, I'm aware. This absolves them of criticism how? They should at the very least rehost the most recent games.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Khanstant posted:

Okay, I'm aware. This absolves them of criticism how? They should at the very least rehost the most recent games.
The most recent games are X and Y, which won't be affected.

Did you want to play around with Join Avenue or something?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You're right, great history of moves regarding online interaction Nintendo.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Khanstant posted:

You're right, great history of moves regarding online interaction Nintendo.

I...what? Are you actually reading the posts you're replying to?

The most recent games are not effected by this at all, these are all the previous gen games and it does not affect the ability to transfer pokemon up, so anything you'd actually want to do with them that this would affect (GTS trading and Online Battling) can be done by just bringing them up to X/Y and then doing it. There's not much they can do about the servers shutting down and there's little to no point in re-hosting them.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Magres posted:

God damnit gently caress the Wobuffet in the Cafe Le Wow Rotation Battle. I absolutely understand why these loving things are banned in Smogon.

Wobbuffet was only banned (Uber) in gen III and IV. It has not even been OU anymore for two gens now.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I trained up a Modest Tinted Lens Yanmega in hopes to have a terrifying choice wallbreaker that flies through substitute like tissue paper, only to be sorely disappointed by its lacking speed. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and train up a Timid one with a card instead of specs.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cerony posted:

Some Megas are just more of the Pokemon itself, and some add much more to the Pokemon. For instance Ampharos: http://youtu.be/1JmNpvDqjaw?t=2m10s
This was horrifying, why did you link this?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

less laughter posted:

Wobbuffet was only banned (Uber) in gen III and IV. It has not even been OU anymore for two gens now.

Oh :downs:

gently caress Mirror Coat anyway, haha

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Lancelot posted:

This was horrifying, why did you link this?

That was some cool trivia and explained a lot, but, uuuuggghhhhh those presenters.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Magres posted:

God damnit gently caress the Wobuffet in the Cafe Le Wow Rotation Battle. I absolutely understand why these loving things are banned in Smogon. Only time my maxed out goddamned Mewtwo ever loses a fight is because of that thing's goddamned Mirror Coat because I can't quite oneshot it. Uuuggghhh.

It loses hilariously to anything Dark/Ghost. Of course, you can't actually switch in...

horriblePencilist posted:

I trained up a Modest Tinted Lens Yanmega in hopes to have a terrifying choice wallbreaker that flies through substitute like tissue paper, only to be sorely disappointed by its lacking speed. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and train up a Timid one with a card instead of specs.

AFAIK the Tinted Lens variant has to be timid, it needs all the speed it can get. The Speed Booster can run modest but gets walled by more things.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
A Pokeball pattern Vivillion giveaway has been announced!

In the Pokemon Center in Paris, France. :negative:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Shuckle is way to overpowered Gamefreak please patch him out

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-119972730

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 14, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Shuckle is way to overpowered Gamefreak please patch him out

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-119972730

:swoon:

That was beautiful. What was your fourth move? I only saw, Acupressure, Rest, and Rollout.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Magres posted:

:swoon:

That was beautiful. What was your fourth move? I only saw, Acupressure, Rest, and Rollout.

Power Split. It might have been useful before ULTIMATE BUFFING was complete, but there was not much use for it after obtaining Shuckle-Nirvana.

Edit: I felt bad I wanted to chat with the guy but I was on my tablet and couldn't easily communicate on chat.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Haifisch posted:

A Pokeball pattern Vivillion giveaway has been announced!

In the Pokemon Center in Paris, France. :negative:

GOD drat IT NINTENDO I just got all 18 and you do this to me

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Speaking of Vivillion, what I wouldn't loving give if I could specify which pattern Vivillion on GTS I want so this poo poo could be done with. I could give people useful mons, they give me a pattern I don't have yet.

I have 4 Modern Patterns now if anyone needs a spare.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Events make me really happy I'm not OCD about collecting these things.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

LEGO Genetics posted:

Speaking of Vivillion, what I wouldn't loving give if I could specify which pattern Vivillion on GTS I want so this poo poo could be done with. I could give people useful mons, they give me a pattern I don't have yet.

I have 4 Modern Patterns now if anyone needs a spare.

Which ones are you looking for?

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Nethilia posted:

Which ones are you looking for?

all of them :unsmigghh:

But I think we traded a few last time Nethilia, which I really should get around to evolving at one of these points.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

Events make me really happy I'm not OCD about collecting these things.

Yeah I want all the mons cause gotta catch em all but past that, screw collecting forms and patterns

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

LEGO Genetics posted:

all of them :unsmigghh:

But I think we traded a few last time Nethilia, which I really should get around to evolving at one of these points.

Ah, right, I've traded with so many people I've forgotten who's gotten my bugs.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Anyone in here willing to do some trading with me tonight? I just want to evolve some mons, man.

Hobo de los Muertos
Aug 18, 2006
So, I spent hours breeding to get a perfect 6IV Yamask with egg moves. My chosen build includes Pain Split in the moveset. Now I realize that I overlooked Pain Split being a B/W2 Move Tutor learned move for Cofagrigus.

So, does anyone know of viable way to remedy my situation? Is it possible to transfer Pokemon from X/Y to B/W2? Can Pain Split ever be inherited as an egg move? Any ideas for how I can preserve my originally intended moveset?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Hobo de los Muertos posted:

So, I spent hours breeding to get a perfect 6IV Yamask with egg moves. My chosen build includes Pain Split in the moveset. Now I realize that I overlooked Pain Split being a B/W2 Move Tutor learned move for Cofagrigus.

So, does anyone know of viable way to remedy my situation? Is it possible to transfer Pokemon from X/Y to B/W2? Can Pain Split ever be inherited as an egg move? Any ideas for how I can preserve my originally intended moveset?

You can wait until a future game, probably Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, gives you access to that move tutor again.

• Locked thread