Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Xenomrph posted:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you're serious.

I think it looks like absolute poo poo and I am baffled why his face is inside a mane of rust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Re. MTMTE

Man, I really wish they hadn't opened the coffin -Rodimus, nooooooooooooo :(

Brilliant issue, mind.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

Mannnnn. I always recommend this as the fun Transformers comic to my customers, I think I just blank out the number of times it totally bums me out.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Veg posted:

I think it looks like absolute poo poo and I am baffled why his face is inside a mane of rust.

It's a beard.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

AzraelNewtype posted:

It's a beard.

All of John Goodman's characters he voices share a similar hairy aesthetic

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Veg posted:

Because it's a movie where sentient robots with humanoid forms can transform into vehicles we produce for no reason: aesthetic choices by artists to make interesting and recognizable forms. I can't believe people are trying to be logical with this goofy poo poo.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Roberts' next martyr better not be Getaway or there will be HELL to pay.

Ghost Hat
Jun 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I can't yet get over the cuteness that is Skids giving Tailgate a piggyback ride. I might never recover.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
KUNK is a really good onomatopoeia for the G1 cartoon sound fx for one robot hitting another

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

Because it's a movie where sentient robots with humanoid forms can transform into vehicles we produce for no reason: aesthetic choices by artists to make interesting and recognizable forms. I can't believe people are trying to be logical with this goofy poo poo.

He's clearly talking about the design. And in a way, he's right: it's way too busy, and all the different little pieces make it hard for the eye to actually tell what's what.

That said, it's MUCH better than anything from the previous movies. As unnecessarily messy as Galvatron and Lockdown's faces are, they're a thousand times better than three horrible faces they used to give Decepticons.

Remember the horrible Batman costume from the Nolan movies with all the tactical plates and things? Movie Transformers are that aesthetic taken to an extreme. Simple designs that are easy to visually parse aren't show-offey enough for Hollywood, so let's overdesign these characters so they look"realistic", then spend millions of dollars writing a system to dynamically transform them on screen, then spend half the movie focusing on Shiah because oops we can only afford to render like ten minutes of actual robot footage.

I remember hearing ILM talk about Transformers, and brag that in rendering some scenes, they blew up a server. You'd think that someone would take a gard look at what they were doing then. Like, if the focus of your design is based on how complex it is rather than how good it looks, then you've failed as an artist. I just can't wait for Hollywood to reach a silver age style breaking point with VFX and collapse on itself again.

I'm sure clueless idiot will post about how they're actually good designs because "that's what alien robots would look like", though.

ForeverSmug fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 14, 2014

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
So uh... they really shouldn't have opened that coffin. :ohdear:

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Not sure why. It's not like keeping it closed would have made the occupant still alive. Unless that energon is infected with the Hate Plague or something.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

On the subject of Hound's soft plastic beard and arms: Hasbro put out an interview video with the toy designers for AoE, and they said that some of the undercuts they have in those parts were only possible in PVC. Slug's weapons are soft plastic too, which sucks, but Leader Prime has it on his wheels- RUBBER WHEELS.

And at least they aren't using it on actual body parts like Blitzwing.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

ForeverSmug posted:

I'm sure clueless idiot will post about how they're actually good designs because "that's what alien robots would look like", though.

I don't think anyone's saying that. I'm not too keen on the overall movie designs myself but this one dude was only saying that if you can't clearly recognize a face there, overdesigned or not, you might have some sight problems.

With earlier movies' decepticon designs I can understand since most of their faces (except Barricade and a few others I think), didn't look like much of anything, or just an insect.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cosmos and Swerve up on Amazon right now, $11.99 each w/ Prime shipping if you've got it:

Cosmos: http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Legends-Payload-Autobot/dp/B00CFELWNI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_t_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=18VBJQHHQ592HVTP4S85

Swerve: http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Legends-Flanker-Figures/dp/B00CFELWOW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_t_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1H25H3QHTPK214F8BJRC

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Megatron dealing with That Miscreant this issue was pretty great. It's good to see that Megatron is still commanding in a very Megatron kind of way.

Some said these issues feel like unconnected halves of two separate stories. That's because they are and it's great. There is a connection, and it's building up a lot of tension to see where things are going. It's like, the trial keeps raising more questions on how this can end, yet the future keeps raising more questions about what the living hell happened six months ago.

It's like watching two trains about to collide. I haven't seen a story told this way before.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
In The grim Dark Future, they're releasing a mass produced Alpha Trion figure for Generations.

As well as retooled Beast Hunter toys in Generations.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/potential-japanese-transformers-generations-releases-179967/

Also Deluxe Onslaught is repainted as The Fallen and G2 Smokescreen being made from Universe Smokescreen.

Not really all that keen about Silverbolt being made from a Prime mold(because his Fuzors form was an accident), but if they're doing this they should have chosen one of the G1 monster guys and not Beast Wars.

Like the Purple Griffon Guy or any of the non-abominus monsters bots.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 14, 2014

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
My MTMTE hypothesis concerning the coffin contents:

Rodimus has a new name and alt-mode, overwhelmed with shame from The List and his reaction to it. I expect there's some heavy-hitters on there who didn't believe in him and who really take him to task when he inevitably confronts them. Anyway, they found the remains of his old form, now abandoned, and he's waiting around in secrecy on The Lost Light for some sign of Drift so they can skip off together and robo-bang.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 14, 2014

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

ForeverSmug posted:

Remember the horrible Batman costume from the Nolan movies with all the tactical plates and things?

Worst Choice of Example to Illustrate Point - All Time Finalist

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I feel like I'm reading four excellent issues five pages at a time. drat it Roberts.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

Worst Choice of Example to Illustrate Point - All Time Finalist

He's right, and Bale wasn't very good in the role either. Awesome Batman films except for Batman. Really tragic.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Why cookie Rocket posted:

He's right, and Bale wasn't very good in the role either. Awesome Batman films except for Batman. Really tragic.

But all the good batman stories don't really focus on batman to begin with.

Like Brave and The Bold isn't about Batman, It's about Aquaman and Plasticman.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Starscream's speech has got to be the most hilariously needless backfire of all time but drat, the smugness of it was beautiful. Also, him and Prime look like right muppets in their fancy headgear.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Didn't Tyrest wear the same thing? I took it as being the cybertronian judge-wig.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

ForeverSmug posted:

Remember the horrible Batman costume from the Nolan movies with all the tactical plates and things? Movie Transformers are that aesthetic taken to an extreme. Simple designs that are easy to visually parse aren't show-offey enough for Hollywood, so let's overdesign these characters so they look"realistic", then spend millions of dollars writing a system to dynamically transform them on screen, then spend half the movie focusing on Shiah because oops we can only afford to render like ten minutes of actual robot footage.

Yeah, that costume totally sucked. It didn't have any bat-nipples on it. What the gently caress?! No neon lights on my batmobile or Arnold making bad puns? Get the hell outta here.

ForeverSmug posted:

They're actually good designs because that's basically what alien robots really look like in real life. The only thing they got wrong is the lack of obvious anal probes. I would know.

The Taint Reaper posted:

In The grim Dark Future, they're releasing a mass produced Alpha Trion figure for Generations.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/potential-japanese-transformers-generations-releases-179967/

Also Deluxe Onslaught is repainted as The Fallen and G2 Smokescreen being made from Universe Smokescreen.

I like about half of those. Alpha Trion, G2 Smokescreen, Overdrive and Goshooter are cool. The rest are ehhhhh.

Also I shouldn't have read those MTMTE spoilers. :(

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

List of good Batsuits:

1. 89 Batsuit
2. Nolan Batsuit
3. 66 Batsuit
4. Batnipples

And the movie Transformer designs are the equivalent of Batnipples

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Rage posted:

Wisdom.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Not really all that keen about Silverbolt being made from a Prime mold(because his Fuzors form was an accident), but if they're doing this they should have chosen one of the G1 monster guys and not Beast Wars.

Like the Purple Griffon Guy or any of the non-abominus monsters bots.

So these look interesting... Sign me up for an alpha trion.

Also MTMTE needs to be about 3-4 pages longer. I neeeeeeeeed more of it.

Also whoever was talking about cryotek/predaking- does yours have worthlessly loose knees? That is my only complaint but mine was a gift so I should really just get over it and be happy with a free robit.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I'm praying we get that Generations Ratbat over here, but I should probably just bite the bullet and import him.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Rage posted:

List of good Batsuits:

1. 89 Batsuit
2. Nolan Batsuit
3. 66 Batsuit
4. Batnipples

I like them except for most of the faces. Your move, scrub. :colbert:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

ForeverSmug posted:

I'm praying we get that Generations Ratbat over here, but I should probably just bite the bullet and import him.
You really should consider the import. If he was released over here the hasbro clown paint would do him a disservice. That figure is sofa king cool.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

ForeverSmug posted:

Well, your prayers will go unanswered because he's never coming over here. Pony up the $35 and get him. He's an awesome figure.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Great issue of MTMTE. Lafuentes colors ranged from really bizarrely flat and boring to really bright and awesome.

That reveal though.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

ForeverSmug posted:

Buy it now for $35 or in a couple years for $200, basically.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, your prayers will go unanswered because he's never coming over here. Pony up the $35 and get him. He's an awesome figure.

He's on sale for $27, go troop build them.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

^^^ very nice I like!

ForeverSmug posted:

He's so worth it in the Takara paint job, and at $30ish you can't go wrong. In fact, $26.99 at BBTS: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11647&mode=retail

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Rage posted:

^^^ very nice I like!

He's so worth it in the Takara paint job, and at $30ish you can't go wrong. In fact, $26.99 at BBTS: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11647&mode=retail

Beat you by just one minute.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Those OTFCC exclusive animated Cheetor figures are on sale for $20 and last years club Depthcharge is $15 in a bag or $19 on a card.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

strangehamster posted:

Those OTFCC exclusive animated Cheetor figures are on sale for $20 and last years club Depthcharge is $15 in a bag or $19 on a card.

Man, I wish I was a member (for once), I would love to snag an Electro and Sandstorm for $46.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Did someone say DINOSAURS?