Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

*ahem*

:
Mr Obama, I have ten simple questions.

Why was the State Department unwilling to provide the requested level of security to Benghazi in the summer of 2012?
Did President Obama’s daily intelligence briefings in the run-up to September 11, 2012 support the assertion that there was no credible threat of a coordinated terrorist attack on Benghazi during this time? And if so, why does the White House not declassify and release the briefings, as President George Bush did his pre-September 11, 2001 briefings?
Why did we not anticipate the need to have military assets at the ready in the region on the anniversary of September 11, of all days?
Did President Obama sleep the night of September 11, 2012? Did Secretary Clinton? When was President Obama told about the murder of our ambassador?
If the secretary of defense thought there was “no question” this was a coordinated terrorist attack, why did Ambassador Susan Rice, Secretary Clinton, and President Obama all tell the American people that the cause was a “spontaneous demonstration” about an internet video?
Why did former deputy CIA director Mike Morell edit the intelligence community talking points to delete the references to “Islamic extremists” and “al-Quaeda”?
Why did the FBI release pictures of militants taken the day of the attack only eight months after the fact? Why not immediately, as proved so effective after the Boston bombing?
Why was Secretary Clinton not interviewed for the ARB report? And if all relevant questions were answered in the ARB report, why did the State Department’s own inspector-general office open a probe into the methods of that very report?
Why have none of the terrorists who attacked in Benghazi been captured or killed?
What additional evidence that the White House engaged in a political campaign to blame the Benghazi attack on the internet video is contained in the additional emails requested by JudicialWatch but withheld by the White House on the grounds that it would put a “chill” on internal deliberations?

This poo poo is beyond loving parody. I cannot believe that he in all seriousness asked half those questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Can we get a trigger warning ITT for closeups of Ted Cruz's face I'm Literally Shaking

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Jagchosis posted:

Can we get a trigger warning ITT for closeups of Ted Cruz's face I'm Literally Shaking
I just punched his face on my computer monitor and now it has a hole and my hand is all cut up

thanks Obama

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Ted Cruz is more laughable than punchable to me. Eric Cantor on the other hand I have no idea how he made it to adulthood.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Two Finger posted:

Why did we not anticipate the need to have military assets at the ready in the region on the anniversary of September 11, of all days?
Ahhh, yes. I'm sure we are all abundantly aware of the intrinsic link between September 11th and Libya. Seriously? Is this question really just "MR. PRESIDENT, WHY DIDN'T YOU GUARD EVERYWHERE IN THE MIDDLE-EAST ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF AN ATTACK ON AMERICAN SOIL"? loving Ted Cruz, man.

Two Finger posted:

Did President Obama sleep the night of September 11, 2012? Did Secretary Clinton?
ohmyfuckinggod :bang:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I find it odd that Ambassador Stevens was the one and only one person in Obama's entire administration who Republicans just absolutely adore. Hillary? Nope. Holder? Nope. Sebellius? Nope.

I guess this is all just a happy coincidence.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Two Finger posted:

This poo poo is beyond loving parody. I cannot believe that he in all seriousness asked half those questions.

Ted Cruz's purpose is clearly to appeal to the mentally challenged.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FAUXTON posted:

I wonder why (civil, aeronautical, etc) engineers don't consider the looming mortality of their field more often. They've always been the lawyers between the laws of nature and the litigants of design. The problem is that actual law is highly analog while poo poo like physics can and will eventually be computerized to such a degree that many engineering fields will just be rendered obsolete by increasingly capable CAD suites and environmental modeling.

Lawyers(at least, most of the analysts at Big Law firms) will be replaced by NLP algorithms before engineers are.

Of course, those engineers will be replaced by their Indian and Chinese counterparts as big firms move their R&D overseas, so it's not like they really make out any better.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Two Finger posted:

Why did the FBI release pictures of militants taken the day of the attack only eight months after the fact? Why not immediately, as proved so effective after the Boston bombing?

Love this one. Its like asking why hasn't Flight MH370 been found when the survivors of the Titanic were found within hours.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

comes along bort posted:

Ted Cruz is more laughable than punchable to me. Eric Cantor on the other hand I have no idea how he made it to adulthood.
Part of why Cruz is so punchable is not only does he look smug, his face looks like it would accommodate a fist. Soft and pillowy.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

People keep saying that Cruz is some kind of Harvard genius but he's really going out of his way to try and prove otherwise.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Radish posted:

People keep saying that Cruz is some kind of Harvard genius but he's really going out of his way to try and prove otherwise.

That's what really threw me. His schooling speaks to someone very intelligent but reading those questions, when so many of them are clearly doublethink, I just have to believe he's playing a game. But the flipside of that, well, if it walks like a duck...

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Insect Court posted:

Lawyers(at least, most of the analysts at Big Law firms) will be replaced by NLP algorithms before engineers are.

Of course, those engineers will be replaced by their Indian and Chinese counterparts as big firms move their R&D overseas, so it's not like they really make out any better.

And then on shore engineers get to be paid double as consultants brought in to fix the broken stuff that comes back!

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

happyhippy posted:

Love this one. Its like asking why hasn't Flight MH370 been found when the survivors of the Titanic were found within hours.

I hope he's not referring to the Boston Bombing photos that Reddit crawled over, identifying an innocent 20 something as the bomber for looking not-quite-white whose body was later found in a river.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

nutranurse posted:

I can see why you'd think that, but you don't actually need for minorities to be around in order to otherize the gently caress out of them. Actually, it helps a ton when your only working examples come from mainstream media and your own racist family members.

I lived in Idaho, I can assure you racial issues and dog whistles ("Welfare Queens" et all) were not a significant part of the rhetoric.

Mostly it was "Get the [federal but occasionally state] government out of our business and let us do what we've been doing successfully forever".

Like I'm not saying it was a secretly chill place or whatever (we literally read Ayn Rand inspired propaganda for middle school) but it just didn't focus on race that much.

computer parts fucked around with this message at 13:58 on May 14, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Jagchosis posted:

This is my favorite

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

SedanChair posted:

This is my favorite

I might actually go print this out huge and tape it to my boxing bag.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SedanChair posted:

This is my favorite

Did someone take Joseph Gordon Levitt's head and stretch it out horizontally?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ted Cruz's punchable face posted:

Why was the State Department unwilling to provide the requested level of security to Benghazi in the summer of 2012?

Because you fuckers CUT funding for embassy security DESPITE the Secretary of State's objections, you goddamn loving moron.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Alter Ego posted:

Because you fuckers CUT funding for embassy security DESPITE the Secretary of State's objections, you goddamn loving moron.

Excuse me sir, my question was directed at the President, perhaps he'd care to answer??

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I find it very interesting that we are this far into the obama administration and there have not been any significant scandals. Beyond Benghazi and that company that went bankrupt after getting a fair amount of Department of Energy loans, there has not been anything on the level of yellow cake or the endless 'scandals' of the Clinton administration.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

I feel like I am not understanding the cultural dynamics in deep red states, having never lived in one. What kind of satisfaction are people there deriving from extremely conservative policies?

Which deep red states? There are two major regions of deep red - the South where yeah it's racism and the West where it's the "we built this" pioneer myth. Then you get the rest of the country which is only red or blue based on the proportion of population that's urbanized.

nutranurse posted:

I can see why you'd think that, but you don't actually need for minorities to be around in order to otherize the gently caress out of them. Actually, it helps a ton when your only working examples come from mainstream media and your own racist family members.

For example, Cliven Bundy. Man's probably never met a black person in his life, but he knows all about the welfare-takin' baby-killin' lazy surly Negro who needs to pick cotton. On the other hand, he's probably worked with Mexican laborers for decades and he'll tell you that the average Mexican is more hard working and moral than whites.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

comes along bort posted:

I'm with you here. I have yet to see a picture of the man where he's not sneering.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cimber posted:

I find it very interesting that we are this far into the obama administration and there have not been any significant scandals. Beyond Benghazi and that company that went bankrupt after getting a fair amount of Department of Energy loans, there has not been anything on the level of yellow cake or the endless 'scandals' of the Clinton administration.

The NSA scandal is pretty significant and still ongoing.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

haveblue posted:

Yes,but thats not a scandal being investigated by another branch of the gov't. No way the Republicans are going to make any serious political hay out of that.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

haveblue posted:

Is it really a scandal if most people don't give a gently caress?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Also the NSA issue seems like massive corruption at all levels of government, so no one can really point to Obama without drawing attention to themselves.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ben Sasse wins the Nebraska primary

quote:

Republican Ben Sasse comfortably won his party's nomination for U.S. Senate in Nebraska Tuesday, handing the national tea party groups that backed him a much-needed victory headed into the heart of a congressional primary season offering few opportunities for success.

Also of note

quote:

GOP attention now shifts to next Tuesday, a day that has long been circled on Republican calendars because of the number of contested primaries being held. Tea party candidates face an uphill climb that day.

In Kentucky, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is the front-runner over conservative businessman Matt Bevin. Bevin's campaign has failed to gain much steam amid distracting setbacks like his attendance at a pro-cockfighting rally.

In Georgia, Rep. Jack Kingston, a powerful appropriator who has earned the ire of conservatives, appears to be near the head of a pack alongside businessman David Perdue in a Senate primary most close watcher believe is headed to a runoff. Tea party favorites like Rep. Paul Broun, meanwhile, are running well behind.

In Idaho's 2nd congressional district, the business wing of the GOP is battling the tea party in a fight that pits Rep. Mike Simpson against attorney Bryan Smith. Simpson is backed by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Smith is backed by the Club for Growth.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/05/13/tea-party-backed-ben-sasse-wins-nebraska-primary-for-u-s-senate/

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Ben Sasse has been successful at branding himself a Tea Party radical, but he's really a straightforward dogmatic Republican ex-Bush administration official. He may display differences with the Republican Senate caucus in terms of tactics, but as far as policy goes Nebraskans won't notice much of a difference between him and Johanns.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joementum posted:

Ben Sasse has been successful at branding himself a Tea Party radical, but he's really a straightforward dogmatic Republican ex-Bush administration official. He may display differences with the Republican Senate caucus in terms of tactics, but as far as policy goes Nebraskans won't notice much of a difference between him and Johanns.

That's like saying Ayman al-Zawahiri was the moderate member of al-Qaeda leadership.

As a person who waves the banner of conservativism he still operates on a policy of punishment and cruelty and would rather see Americans dead by the scores in the street than feel his ideals weren't catered to in full.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

For example, Cliven Bundy. Man's probably never met a black person in his life, but he knows all about the welfare-takin' baby-killin' lazy surly Negro who needs to pick cotton. On the other hand, he's probably worked with Mexican laborers for decades and he'll tell you that the average Mexican is more hard working and moral than whites.

Living in a lily white place growing up, my little brother's friend was shocked to see his cut hand one time. He was told that black people bled blue....so there's that...

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

VitalSigns posted:

VVVVVV
You could always move to Austin! Most of the engineers I work with are either liberal or apathetic about politics. We have the occasional :airquote:totally-not-Republican:airquote: Libertarian who thinks gays are immoral and the government should protect the rights of the embryo...but by and large you don't have to deal with that poo poo. Any kind of racism, even dog-whistles, is a quick way to make everyone think you're an rear end in a top hat and hold back your career.

This is not true for my corner of North Austin. Plenty of people who commute from their giant houses further north are all about the "fat slobs getting welfare". Course, apathy still reigns supreme.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I was seriously considering changing my registration to republican so I can vote against Mitch twice in one year.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Shageletic posted:

Living in a lily white place growing up, my little brother's friend was shocked to see his cut hand one time. He was told that black people bled blue....so there's that...

Vulcans bleed green due to copper instead of iron as the oxygen carrier. What metal would be blue? Hmmmmmm

GulMadred
Oct 20, 2005

I don't understand how you can be so mistaken.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Vulcans bleed green due to copper instead of iron as the oxygen carrier. What metal would be blue? Hmmmmmm
Copper.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Cobalt would also work.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mitsuo posted:

This is not true for my corner of North Austin. Plenty of people who commute from their giant houses further north are all about the "fat slobs getting welfare". Course, apathy still reigns supreme.

The Texas exurb regions are uniformly terrible like that regardless of whether they are Cedar Park, Sugar Land, or Frisco. Fishmech pointed out in another thread that it is these suburb republicans, not the vast rural areas, that gently caress over Texas and are what make the glorious gerrymandering possible.

Radish posted:

I have no doubt he's very intelligent, but he apparently is a self-absorbed rear end in a top hat. Everything I have read about Cruz is that his main quality is that he constantly will take an opposing position to pick an argument and that he never ever drops an argument unless he wins. Facts don't matter, logical arguments don't matter, and tactics don't matter; winning is all that matters and he will accept his opponent throwing their hands up and yelling "gently caress this" as a win.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Shifty Pony posted:

The Texas exurb regions are uniformly terrible like that regardless of whether they are Cedar Park, Sugar Land, or Frisco. Fishmech pointed out in another thread that it is these suburb republicans, not the vast rural areas, that gently caress over Texas and are what make the glorious gerrymandering possible.

I have no doubt he's very intelligent, but he apparently is a self-absorbed rear end in a top hat. Everything I have read about Cruz is that his main quality is that he constantly will take an opposing position to pick an argument and that he never ever drops an argument unless he wins. Facts don't matter, logical arguments don't matter, and tactics don't matter; winning is all that matters and he will accept his opponent throwing their hands up and yelling "gently caress this" as a win.

So he's a regular contributor to DD?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Was anybody here's reaction to seeing Ted Cruz's face for the first time not "Wanna punch that face?"

It's like, I didn't even have to think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

• Locked thread