Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Holy balls, that Darkseid is powerful. Granted, he should be, and those traits can keep him on the board for a LONG time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Holy poo poo, when is WizKids going to learn that Sidestep is not an appropriate top-dial power?

He's fantastic other than that, but Darkseid, loving Darkseid, has to get picked up and carried to the fight? Really?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

All the Deadpool dials have been spoiled and there's a lot of great stuff. Copycat seems like the big piece to be concerned about gameplay-wise, being that you can literally steal people infinitely more useful than she is.

CapnAndy posted:

Holy poo poo, when is WizKids going to learn that Sidestep is not an appropriate top-dial power?

He's fantastic other than that, but Darkseid, loving Darkseid, has to get picked up and carried to the fight? Really?

I really love Sidestep and it's super useful, but I agree it feels weird here. I know they were going for the "Darkseid casually steps out of the way of Superman's heat vision" feeling, but it would've worked better if he just started with Phasing and then got to use Sidestep for free when he succeeds Impervious or uses Mastermind.

That aside, he's a monster and with that Parademon Trait he's bringing his own army to the one-man party.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 06:09 on May 14, 2014

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

CapnAndy posted:

Well, Phasing used to be the speed power that nearly all cosmic-level 250+ point characters got, and I will take top-dial Sidestep over top-dial Phasing 9 out of 10 times. Plus, considering he has 10 range with Improved Targeting: Everything means that Darkseid can threaten over half the map on the very first turn, which is not too shabby.

And, really, Darkseid is not the most ACTIVE of enemies. He hovers there, looks at you, and you die. Not a lot of Running Shot in his bag.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Picked up the fast forces and three boosters. Will report back after I eat. Probably going to pick up a brick next week!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sanschel posted:

All the Deadpool dials have been spoiled and there's a lot of great stuff. Copycat seems like the big piece to be concerned about gameplay-wise, being that you can literally steal people infinitely more useful than she is.
Yeah, Copycat's got real ramifications for the meta. Her ability to monkey-wrench the gently caress out of the other team has so much potential.

Black Talon -- of all people -- is also incredible. He's Mole Man, except with a shittier attack and better power because he can target any friendly character or three Monsters at once. And that ability to grab the dead top-dial for an action is amazing.

Also, the crop of super-rares in this set is really, really loving good. T-Ray is bargain Odin with an amazing trait. As long as Tiamat hits you (and with a 12 attack that shouldn't be hard), he gets to attack twice every turn and not get an action token for it. Typhoid/Bloody Mary is two good dials where every click is a potential stop click, and if it's not, there's also a chance she can reduce the damage by 1 for every click she takes. Kingpin is the boss of all bosses. Superior Spider-Man can spawn Spider-Bots from outside the game (and can switch places with one of the bots as a power action, and can attach two of the other bots to make his Super Senses on a 3-6) and goes apeshit halfway down his dial and starts beating dudes to death. Holy poo poo, Deadpool super-rares.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, Copycat's got real ramifications for the meta. Her ability to monkey-wrench the gently caress out of the other team has so much potential.

Black Talon -- of all people -- is also incredible. He's Mole Man, except with a shittier attack and better power because he can target any friendly character or three Monsters at once. And that ability to grab the dead top-dial for an action is amazing.

That three at once thing is a bit limited though. They all have to be less points then him. Still makes low point bizarro better though.

One big distinction between him and Mole-Man? He actually takes feedback damage. Sure, I'll take a click to have my shuma take another action but at least he's not completely Mole man 2.0

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Seymour Butts posted:

Picked up the fast forces and three boosters. Will report back after I eat.

Not me - my shop hasn't gotten them in yet. :(

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Orange Lantern and ring. The ring's pretty dumb, but the lantern has a hilariously appropriate Greed power that lets you declare one power, ability, or team symbol that you have off-limits to your opponents every turn. MINE!

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
Managed to pull Blink, Banshee, and The Professor (Prime). Going to figure out a 600 point team around Banshee and Blink. What do you guys think?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

CapnAndy posted:

Orange Lantern and ring. The ring's pretty dumb, but the lantern has a hilariously appropriate Greed power that lets you declare one power, ability, or team symbol that you have off-limits to your opponents every turn. MINE!

Hal Jordan and not Lex Luthor? Grah. On the bright side, Larfleeze's card is going to be amusing, since the corp leaders tend to have their oath as their powers, and the Orange Lantern Oath... doesn't quite work as well for a list of powers?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Archenteron posted:

Hal Jordan and not Lex Luthor? Grah. On the bright side, Larfleeze's card is going to be amusing, since the corp leaders tend to have their oath as their powers, and the Orange Lantern Oath... doesn't quite work as well for a list of powers?
Card full of MINE! repeated over and over again :swoon:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Seymour Butts posted:

Managed to pull Blink, Banshee, and The Professor (Prime). Going to figure out a 600 point team around Banshee and Blink. What do you guys think?

I got a Superior Spidey, Genesis, and Black Talon, but the rest of my haul seems lacking. I didn't really get too many of the figures I was excited for. :(

I dropped $80-ish so far, and I think that's enough for now, so I'm not dipping back in.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Seymour Butts posted:

Seems cool. I mainly want SRs, so I am sticking to singles. I was able to buy the SR and Prime word bubbles for $1-2 each on Miniature market, cutting the SRs I want in half. Banshee is one of the SRs I totally I want. I love IH Wolverine, and he gets a +1 if there are three different team abilities represented, so Banshee can be two of those, along with maybe AvX Magik. Add some other X-Men (probably some more distance, AvX Cyclops could be great with Banshee), and you have a fun team going.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

Superior Spider-Man can spawn Spider-Bots from outside the game (and can switch places with one of the bots as a power action, and can attach two of the other bots to make his Super Senses on a 3-6) and goes apeshit halfway down his dial and starts beating dudes to death. Holy poo poo, Deadpool super-rares.

Is that how it works? I'm seeing that alot on the realms as well, I assumed the bonus would max out with just one (so success on a result of 4-6) because it says "When Spider-Bot is attached to a friendly character named Superior Spider-Man, when that character uses Super Senses, increase the result of the d6 roll by 1." which is different from how the cymbal banging monkey which says "add one to your result for each Cymbal-Banging Monkey". That'll be useful to know if it's accurate.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

thebardyspoon posted:

Is that how it works? I'm seeing that alot on the realms as well, I assumed the bonus would max out with just one (so success on a result of 4-6) because it says "When Spider-Bot is attached to a friendly character named Superior Spider-Man, when that character uses Super Senses, increase the result of the d6 roll by 1." which is different from how the cymbal banging monkey which says "add one to your result for each Cymbal-Banging Monkey". That'll be useful to know if it's accurate.
Nothing says that power is limited to once per use of super senses, so each of the two spider-bots sees a SS roll and triggers their special power, increasing it by one each.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Had our first DP sealed tonight. 2 boosters, 400 points. My first packs had Deadpool & Bob but not much else I was terribly enthusiastic about so I redrafted and ran:

Black Cat
Blink
Copycat
Daredevil
Spider-Bot mk2
Weapon X Scientist

Round 1 I faced Deadpool, Bullseye, Grasshopper, Silver Sable, & Blind Al. I swapped Copycat for Sable, whose 50% Leadership because of Blink's Leadership kept Blink action token-free the entire game to bounce around the map smacking people for 4 thanks to Daredevil's Traited Empower while the Weapon X Scientist kept Deadpool locked down from across the map. When he had nothing left but Copycat I surrounded Sable with people, used the Scientist to TK Copycat who failed Shape Change, then murdered Sable.

Round 2 vs Cable, Elektra, Paladin, Hand Ninja. I stole the Hand Ninja because I'm not letting Elektra resurrect and I got free attacks with him because of Daredevil. Sadly DD couldn't hit the broad side of a barn this game and while Blink pounded Elektra into dust I just couldn't surmount Cable and that stupid uncounterable Outwit/Prob power.

Round 3 vs Lady Deadpool, Animus, Agent X, Agent Zero. I took Animus, who methodically pushed herself to death while smashing heavies into the opposing force until just Copycat was left, at which point I pinged her with Black Cat and my opponent's last figure became mine once again. While I didn't go 3-0, I did get 200 points more than the person in first place so I still got a yellow-suited Deadpool for my trouble.

Copycat meanwhile is just as stupid in practice as she looks on paper. She's still a useful figure and it's hard to completely ignore her, but the people I stole were all integral to my opponents' strategies and getting to lift them completely seems wildly unbalanced. What's more, the current ruling for the only equivalent figure, Victoria Hand, is that the points when Victoria is KO'd go towards whomever did not originally field her; if that's the case here, that means you can push your stolen figure to death to get the victory points and then target Copycat with something harmless to get her back. I'm having trouble understanding how anybody could've thought a figure designed with such a power was balanced.

Also Blink is hell on wheels. A pink whirling dervish of destruction.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Got a brick of Deadpool yesterday. Managed to pull Superior Spider man and Juggernaut chase so I'm pretty happy.

Not a fan of spider bot distribution though, it's the same as the toyman toys. They randomly take up a booster slot. I only got one in my entire brick.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I also pulled a Superior Spider-Man, a Spiderbot and T-Ray. Saw two guys pull the chase Green Goblin from their cases. I really want Cable and Kingpin. Playing in my first ever sealed tournament tonight. The guys I'm playing against have all been playing 10 years, so unless my dice are on fire I don't see myself taking home the LE Deadpool. I have a pretty solid grasp of the rules, but my strategy sucks. I especially suck at "the initial engagement." Any noobie tips besides not extending myself to take the first shot with a piece that will have to clear the next turn? 600+ point games are increasingly difficult because trying to keep straight all of my traits, special powers and specific team synergy while being mindful of all of their characters is like :psyduck:

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

If anyone is in Philly this weekend Wizkids is going to be at the Yughioh championship series running events. I will be either running those events or doing demos. Either way, stop down and say hi.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

So I have a question about Secret Empire Agent:

His Clix Card posted:

MINION: NUMERICAL ORDER: Give Secret Empire Agent a power action when a friendly character with the Secret Empire keyword and "number" in their name is within 8 squares and choose Outwit, Perplex, or Probability Control. Secret Empire Agent can use the chosen power until your next turn.

So, really, unless you play multiples of 1 or 9, you don't have a lot to pick from - yet. Right? Plus, having multiples of the Agent becomes completely useless if 1 or 9 gets KO'd. This whole keyword is for the birds.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Yeah, not a ton to pick from if you want to run theme. Their generic keywords don't even sync up, so you're out of luck there, as well. They do make a very efficient prob/perplex/outwit machine for larger teams if you don't mind breaking theme, and the Hydra TA and Enhancement off of Number 9 is good, too, but I don't really see myself running a team like that, since I'm addicted to theme.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The Grammar Aryan posted:

Yeah, not a ton to pick from if you want to run theme. Their generic keywords don't even sync up, so you're out of luck there, as well. They do make a very efficient prob/perplex/outwit machine for larger teams if you don't mind breaking theme, and the Hydra TA and Enhancement off of Number 9 is good, too, but I don't really see myself running a team like that, since I'm addicted to theme.

At least they could've given Number One the Revert ability, and made a separate Nixon dial. :colbert:

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

This was always my favorite Avengers lineup:

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Played in a 400 point sealed draft last night, and wound up putting together a team of:

Secret Empire Agent
Anaconda
Weapon X
Punisher
Siryn

The theme was tie-up, and this team is fantastic at it.

Round 1 vs

ULTIMATUM Soldier
Misty Knight
Siryn
G.W. Bridge
Genesis

On the Hell House map. Parked Anaconda near the entrance so that anyone who tried to get through the bottleneck got stopped, and had Weapon X pop his fists out to poison the soldier and tie up Misty, forcing Siryn to blow open a wall and trudge people through. Anaconda died without doing a point of damage, but wound up giving Guilty tokens to both G.W. and Genesis so Punisher could walk up and whop them in the face with a massive boost to his AV. Went to time, but won on points.

Round 2 vs

Weasel
Agent Zero
Mercy
Kingpin

In Deadpool's House. Carried Anaconda up so she could charge in to the central torture chamber and pick up an object and hid Punisher, Weapon X, and the Agent behind blocking. He clumped moved up Kingpin and Weasel, then TK'd up Agent Zero for a running shot to try and take out my Agent, but crit missed. Punisher countered with RS/RCE/EE on Agent Zero, doing two penetrating to the three of them. Kingpin masterminded it off to Weasel, taking him out. Anaconda charged and whopped Agent Zero with a heavy, doing two because of his defense power, then fists got popped out and took a swing on him for a KO. It was all downhill from there, as Kingpin couldn't hit the fists, and was within LoS of Anaconda, so he'd take damage if he tried to get away.

Round 3 vs

Spider-Bot Mk1
Animus
Vamp
Punisher
Electra

In Deadpool's House. Same basic setup as before, positioning Anaconda so Electra couldn't Charge her way into my crowd. He cleared after his initial positioning, so I spat fists out next to Electra and the Spider-Bot and had Punisher RS/RCE/EE on my opponent's clumped group of Punisher, Animus, and Vamp, hitting all of them with knockback. Anaconda moved to block them at the bottleneck into the central room and corner Electra. Electra flurried, but missed one of the fists, Poison took out the bot and ticked her down, and my opponent just couldn't recover.

This team worked way better than I would have thought. The fists were really the stars of the show, tying people up and poisoning soft targets, but Anaconda was huge in letting me get the first hit on characters and tying up bottlenecks and stopping figs with Charge in their tracks. Siryn probably would have been useful, had she been able to roll to hit a 7, but at least she provided a target that my opponents couldn't avoid. Punisher's RS/RCE/EE combo with penetrating damage was also key, since it completely demoralized my opponents in the second and third round.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Orange Lantern previews: http://www.newsarama.com/21113-mine-heroclix-war-of-light-orange-lantern-corps-individual-members-revealed.html

I was disappointed at first but I really like these guys. Larfleeze seems like a one-trick pony, but getting to pull either an entire stack or three Constructs out of thin air is pretty fantastic and the thought of Quaking an entire map is pretty hilarious. Sayd's attack power has a lot of potential and she seems like a solid bruiser, I just wish she had an opening 11 instead of 10 attack. The Construct is little more than a glorified tie-up piece; I was hoping for a more independent version of Glommy but I'm happy to have gotten him at all. Hal is standard Hal fair but I feel dumb for just now noticing that all the multicolored Hals are basically the same figure.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Had a 400 point Deadpool sealed. My team was Tiamat, Speed Demon and The Professor. I pulled well (although they were all doubles). I wiped my second and third round opponents, but in the first round I played the guy who would wind up winning the tournament, because it came down to Bullseye vs. Tiamat, and Tiamat missed at least 10-12 rolls and could just NOT hit Bullseye ever. Even rolled a 6 on regen to keep at it, and he just refused to roll 8s or 9s... although admittedly he had to roll them twice in a row to get around Bullseye's prob.

But, thankfully, I now have Supey Spidey and T-Ray, so the only SRs I need are Kingpin and Arnim Zola... and I guess Cable or the X-23 duo if I really want them, but they are low priority. HUZZAH.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Besides Mad Hatter from the Batman TV series, does any other dial depend on sculpt height/size?

I have a Stilt-Man figure, and decided to heighten it with the legs from a second. As long as my opponent isn't playing Hatter, it shouldn't be an issue, right?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Just won a 400 point Deadpool sealed thanks to the craziness that is Agent Zero

My team was. Flag Smasher, Agent Zero, Silver Sable, and Black Talon.

First round I went up against Superior Spider-Man, Hand Ninja, Domino, and Zombie Kingpin.

Took out spider man but lost flag smasher. Also got Hand ninja. Goddamn kingpin zombified black talon and sable. Came down to Agent Zero on his poison/stealth click v 3rd click talon, last click sable, and second click kingpin. He based me and sable went down to poison, black talon took some too, and kingpin got knocked to his last click. Kingpin pushed to hit zero and crit missed. He went to heal until I pointed out agent zeros anti healing power and that bastard stayed dead. Talon then fell easily. I ended up scoring a ton of extra points.

Second round vs Cable, silver sable, siryn, and a soldier with sidestep?

This was bad, missed a pulsewave on cable and just got taken apart. Not sure it would have mattered as cables outwit was key and hitting that pulsewave wouldn't have knocked him off it. I did get the soldier and siryn though. Agent zero was the last one to die though.

Last round versus

Red Hulk, Shang-Chi, Elektra, and a spider bot.

We played on the hell house map so he had plenty of blocking to hide behind. Managed to roll a leadership with Flag smasher to get ultimates and take a shot on Elektra. She ended up on her last click and I just could not hit it. She murded sable and talon. Meanwhile red hulk and Shang chi were fighting zero and flag smasher. Hulk ended up on poison when Smasher was on CR and that hurt.. Smasher ended up dead but Zero exploited hulk to regen. Hulk rolled to heal and rolled a 3, but zero turned that into an unavoidable click for KO. I ran to stealth, Elektra based me and poison took her out.

The kingpin and spider man team beat the cable team and I won on points thanks to that crazy first round

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Bit of an unusual post here, I was advised by another 'clix player to post here:

I stopped playing a while back, and sold off most of my valuable pieces. However, I've got a set of about 130 or so figures, with cards, and a few other misc pieces. It's mostly C/U, and isn't complete in any set. But it might be a good base to get someone started?

Pieces range from Avengers up to DC75.

I was hoping to get $20+S&H for the whole lot, and if you want something very particular, I'm not averse to parting it out.

http://pastebin.com/SmXVQea3 is the entire listing. PM me if you'd like to discuss details, as I don't follow this thread. Pictures available upon request.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Deviant posted:

Bit of an unusual post here, I was advised by another 'clix player to post here:

I stopped playing a while back, and sold off most of my valuable pieces. However, I've got a set of about 130 or so figures, with cards, and a few other misc pieces. It's mostly C/U, and isn't complete in any set. But it might be a good base to get someone started?

Pieces range from Avengers up to DC75.

I was hoping to get $20+S&H for the whole lot, and if you want something very particular, I'm not averse to parting it out.

http://pastebin.com/SmXVQea3 is the entire listing. PM me if you'd like to discuss details, as I don't follow this thread. Pictures available upon request.

Do you have an email address for those of us without PM?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

First round I went up against Superior Spider-Man, Hand Ninja, Domino, and Zombie Kingpin.
I feel like you're burying the lede that someone pulled Superior Spider-Man and Zombie Kingpin in two goddamn boosters.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Red posted:

Do you have an email address for those of us without PM?

Oh, right. Sorry. legitimateemail AT gmail DOT com

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
So, every April Fool's Day for the past seven years, I have run my signature event, Joker's Wild. I've posted about it many times... at its core, it is unpredictable, silly fun. I just found out yesterday that I will get to run it at Gen-Con this year, which is kind of a dream-come-true. It's not in the event system yet, but it should be going in sometime this week. So, if you're looking for a tournament to play in on Sunday, check it out!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I just had my Deadpool sealed. Only one other guy and the judge showed up. In my 2 boosters I got juggernaut and kingpin, and in his two he got Speed Demon and Cable. We played battle royal with the judge who used characters from the op kit. It was pretty fun. I didn't want to collect the zombies before, but juggernaut looks great, and I might try to get enough to fill a team base.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Torrent posted:

So, every April Fool's Day for the past seven years, I have run my signature event, Joker's Wild. I've posted about it many times... at its core, it is unpredictable, silly fun. I just found out yesterday that I will get to run it at Gen-Con this year, which is kind of a dream-come-true. It's not in the event system yet, but it should be going in sometime this week. So, if you're looking for a tournament to play in on Sunday, check it out!

Man, there's really too many good side games all bunched together on Sunday, I wish they'd spread them out more. The only options for side games at certain times a few of the other days are YGO or tag teams, which sucks as I'm not big on YGO and I don't know anybody to sign up as a team, meanwhile I've gotta sacrifice either the Meteorite or a Star Trek game since they're doubled up :(

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Sanschel posted:

Man, there's really too many good side games all bunched together on Sunday, I wish they'd spread them out more. The only options for side games at certain times a few of the other days are YGO or tag teams, which sucks as I'm not big on YGO and I don't know anybody to sign up as a team, meanwhile I've gotta sacrifice either the Meteorite or a Star Trek game since they're doubled up :(

The reason that they're all on Sunday is purely due to space concerns. Thursday-Saturday, a big portion of our play space goes to Worlds events. We've got an extra crunch this year due to Attack Wing and Dice Masters both taking up some of our tables.

I'm working the night shift, so if you want to do one of the team tournaments, I'd be available for a Goon Team-Up for the Friday 11-2 event.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Torrent posted:

The reason that they're all on Sunday is purely due to space concerns. Thursday-Saturday, a big portion of our play space goes to Worlds events. We've got an extra crunch this year due to Attack Wing and Dice Masters both taking up some of our tables.

I'm working the night shift, so if you want to do one of the team tournaments, I'd be available for a Goon Team-Up for the Friday 11-2 event.

I'd totally be down for a Goon Team-Up!

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Sanschel posted:

I'd totally be down for a Goon Team-Up!

Sounds great! I just grabbed one ticket for the Friday Team-Up event. Now to start thinking about what sort of 200-point team to build...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I had a game last night that came down to Iron Fist vs. Blind Al. Thanks to a perfectly timed crit miss, Blind Al won.

That's why we play the games.

• Locked thread