Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

Strong man Haquer reporting in~

Pibbs deserves tons of praise for being a hoarder since he was sitting on the exact song I needed to get in :worship:

Is it really hoarding when I desperately try to give this stuff away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
Hoarding is right though. I am amazed that we hoarded vinegars for a whole loving year and in the few days this expansion has been up we've burned thru most of them for quests. So hoarding is good.

As always if you are running instances or whatever and get weird cooking or blacksmith mats send to koop. We hoard that stuff and actually use it within guild.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

Kylra posted:

There's one that takes 3-4 days of daily tokens to get a single piece of silver gear for 30 days.

So no.

Gold points can give you gear on par with school contribution. You can get those easily, but it can be somewhat time consuming. Still, it could fill you out?

You could also run a script to deliver carts, which gives gold points. ChinaGame (our cart runner) always has too many gold points--too bad the stuff is bound.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Haroshia posted:

If somebody could see if there are more Arhat boxes when the servers are up I would appreciate it. Hope springs eternal.

Nope.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
Why is rerolling chef weapons for 6 lines of weapon damage such a moneysink? 6 lines of break defense have been more common than the number of REs I've had for the past two weeks.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its worse now that money is so hard to come by.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

Oven Wrangler
being a chef is a curse

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
So is script stealing just broken now or? I stole two Tang scripts last night to try and get a start on replacing Following but I got nothing at the turn in, and it seems like this was happening a lot to the other people in the guild as well.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

angerbot posted:

So is script stealing just broken now or? I stole two Tang scripts last night to try and get a start on replacing Following but I got nothing at the turn in, and it seems like this was happening a lot to the other people in the guild as well.

You probably just got one vagrant cert. it's super bullshit that there is not a 100% script rate from stealing scripts. I mean one vagrant cert is worth 3k cultivation to self recollection. That's a really poo poo reward especially since they made it harder with the npcs. They basically completely hosed the economy with the expansion since the only people who can reliably make money now are the bots.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

funakupo posted:

being a chef is a curse

Yes. There should be, like, a Chef-only martial art or something, to balance out how horrible Chef is as a choice.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Ratoslov posted:

Yes. There should be, like, a Chef-only martial art or something, to balance out how horrible Chef is as a choice.

The School of Kung Food?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Xu village is an amazing faction to be a chef in what with the campfire ability and all. Poison toad should get a benefit from poisonmakers though.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

neogeo0823 posted:

The School of Kung Food?

It would need a giant meat cleaver sword.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
WAR TOMORROW

What: war!
When: :frogon:
Where: Southeast Yanjing
Why: Ian T Hawk is struggling to make Magnum Opus into a relevant guild while also being a protection war bitch for TDH/Rebellion. So we're going to kill them.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
koop, I heard that you got a Palace of the Moving Flowers invite thing. Could you send a PM to Chartreuse sometime? If it's not terribly expensive, I might want to buy!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haquer posted:

WAR TOMORROW

What: war!
When: :frogon:
Where: Southeast Yanjing
Why: Ian T Hawk is struggling to make Magnum Opus into a relevant guild while also being a protection war bitch for TDH/Rebellion. So we're going to kill them.

I hope this goes better than the last war.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Saradiart posted:

koop, I heard that you got a Palace of the Moving Flowers invite thing. Could you send a PM to Chartreuse sometime? If it's not terribly expensive, I might want to buy!

Is that what that RE is now or did I get something else?

I got the suicidal girl in Suzhou RE yesterday and logged out when I couldn't make it up the drat mountain behind Peach Blossom Pool to her after confirming her monkey is in fact super dead.

I have no problems with goon price to you for said invite, because I don't want to leave beggars. Just holler next time you see koop online when you are and we'll make the trade.

That RE was probably the weirdest cut scene yet for me in AoW. If you have ever seen the alternate ending for Coup de Torchon, we are talking that level of weird--even down to being a grainy black and white "dream" sequence of her dancing with her monkey.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

funakupo posted:

Is that what that RE is now or did I get something else?

I got the suicidal girl in Suzhou RE yesterday and logged out when I couldn't make it up the drat mountain behind Peach Blossom Pool to her after confirming her monkey is in fact super dead.

I have no problems with goon price to you for said invite, because I don't want to leave beggars. Just holler next time you see koop online when you are and we'll make the trade.

That RE was probably the weirdest cut scene yet for me in AoW. If you have ever seen the alternate ending for Coup de Torchon, we are talking that level of weird--even down to being a grainy black and white "dream" sequence of her dancing with her monkey.

That gets you two feathers unfortunately. Nothing to do with peach.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Quests for Peach's daily tasks are pretty easy. The main one has 11 parts and you run it twice daily and it's just a lot of running around the island with occasionally leaving to head tp other cities for items. And sometimes you kill NPCs from schools that have "snuck" onto the island.

Then there's a daily quest for your "Genius" points which seem to be traded mostly for masks and probably for the Peach array and random skills. This quest has you fight an NPC that has about 125,000 HP but has no yellow armor so I stunlock her to death or else her DPS is stupid high and I would just die. The way things are worded you can team up to fight her but nobody knows how.

The other quest to get more genius points is "Group Sparing" (of course this is typod in game). An NPC can be spawned at certain times and people are supposed to show up to kill it. However there are only 8 of us so far in Peach and the guy heals like a motherfucker so we can't kill him. Instead whoever is tanking plays the Stay Alive game while everyone does damage to try and get higher on the leaderboard since rankings are damage based. Rank 1 nets you 10 genius points, 2 and 3 give you 9, and 4 and 5 seems to net you 8. No clue how far down it scales.

There's also a stack of locked daily quests until I rank up, including the now infamous Shark Riding that you can't do until you get rank 4 (there's only 4 ranks in all).

Also, the flute counts as a sword so sword lores disguise it. However, this also applies to the flute set so I've been running around playing an umbrella :v:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Haquer posted:

Also, the flute counts as a sword so sword lores disguise it. However, this also applies to the flute set so I've been running around playing an umbrella :v:

I don't see a problem here.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Does the flute benefit from sword weapon manuals?

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

And we had an entire wiki on the game! Jet Li makes it so simple, why did we not think of this?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
^^^ Seriouspost: the new tutorial is amazing

Haroshia posted:

Does the flute benefit from sword weapon manuals?

It does. I'm almost done with my 64 tier so currently I only have +38 from manuals alongside over 100 damage from my flute. Also, the rage move at all tiers doesn't show your damage at all :iiam: and the scaling of brawn and breath on the sert is pretty low. However, just having the charge move at level 3 does 631 damage so they just flat out gave the set more damage instead. Really can't wait to have the set to 8.

Haquer fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 15, 2014

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Haquer posted:

It does. I'm almost done with my 64 tier so currently I only have +38 from manuals alongside over 100 damage from my flute. Also, the rage move at all tiers doesn't show your damage at all :iiam: and the scaling of brawn and breath on the sert is pretty low. However, just having the charge move at level 3 does 631 damage so they just flat out gave the set more damage instead. Really can't wait to have the set to 8.

Excellent. Now to just get a brawn spirit swap :gizz:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Haroshia posted:

Excellent. Now to just get a brawn spirit swap :gizz:

Yeah I'm using a dex/spirit swap but I'd like to keep my evade so I might end up hunting for a brawn/spirit as well.

Also, EQ said that treasures should be hot swappable "with the next maintenance" but of course that didn't happen :argh:

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

I did actually very much enjoy it yeah, if it was voiceacted too, heck even in chinese idc it would be pretty awesome, I like that Jetli is scripted to fight and do moves and stuff, quite cool.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Isn't it voice acted in the chinese version?

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Tony once claimed that yeah but I have no idea.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Very small portions. There's also voice overs in the tutorial that are supposed to help you with the game that didn't get translated and recorded for us.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Double post, but more pictures time!

Of course a disgusting pay2win is the first to get the marriage mount.

I can play an umbrella like no other :smuggo:

And if it's open, it doubles as a parachute!

Peach Blossom Island's first offline player :shobon:

I was looking around the mountains for a way to slip through the invisible wall and couldn't find one. Instead I found a crater :confused:

gently caress my life.png

Erza got into peach today and is ALREADY bitching about dying. gently caress. Me.

Haquer fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 16, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I can confirm tempest staff is hella rad.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

I cannot even tell you how happy I am that erza and other derps like shuzelin left emei, schoolchat is so nice and peaceful now!

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
OK so, fair warning to any future shens. at identity 2, you'll get a debuff on you. this debuff lasts 12 hours and reapplies itself until you hit 3rd. HOWEVER, in a bizarre set of circumstances involving you dying around the time it reapplies, it is possible for the game to COMPLETELY gently caress UP and not give it a timer, leaving it permanently applied even past the 2nd identity, which ends up with you having to betray. Just a heads up.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

If you join beast villa you can play pokemon and pet elephants.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Is it now piss easy to level internals and such if I were to come back to this, or am I misremembering some post.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Orv posted:

Is it now piss easy to level internals and such if I were to come back to this, or am I misremembering some post.

Basically, free Chi pills rain from the sky to the point that I regard free chi pills that don't stack nicely as a nuisance, no matter how big they are.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If you get return pills then you basically get a free 750k cult every day to level your first to third school internals.

Since Im jianghuing up they arent useful for me to raise my base level. Instead I use them to unlock meridians which is pretty cheap now days. Ive gotten Wudang, Yangmen, Wanderers and Beggars first meridian books/scripts for a few hundred liang total. I can get Beggars 2 pretty cheap too when I need to.

e-Thats not counting the whole recover strength thing. Im planning on pigging out when I get POMFs second identity.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:07 on May 16, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

There is also a global discount on 1-3 because 4ths are out.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The game is asking me to get pebbled silk for one of the influence dailies but there is nothing with that name in the game. So many of our influence quests are hosed up with wrong translations rendering them almost impossible to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The game is asking me to get pebbled silk for one of the influence dailies but there is nothing with that name in the game. So many of our influence quests are hosed up with wrong translations rendering them almost impossible to finish.

Or just spend the 20L to complete it like Suzerah and I have been doing.