Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I've decided to listen to Nerd Poker again. I started with last week's since I read that they were rolling new characters. Why is Blaine DMing now? Where did Sark go?

I was also going to ask where Gerry was, but then he showed up this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They explain it at the end of the episode where he left. Sark left cause he and his wife are going to have a baby. He's supposed to come back in a few months and they'll go back to that universe.
I'm glad to hear that Gerry is back.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Jeff when Howard's back from his tour please give Armen Weitzman his own p'cast where he has to interview people, thanks in advance.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

It was really a brilliant move by Cards Against Humanity to not have them read any ad copy for them.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Ape of Naples posted:

They explain it at the end of the episode where he left. Sark left cause he and his wife are going to have a baby. He's supposed to come back in a few months and they'll go back to that universe.
I'm glad to hear that Gerry is back.

Cool, thanks. I stopped listening a long time ago, back when they were still on the first characters and Gerry was a paladin with a ghost hand or some weird thing, so I have been pretty out of the loop.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like Nerd Poker and enjoy listening to it but I think it would have been better if they took some time and got better prepared for this next part. Like at least have characters made and for Blaine to have some basic premise to get them a reason to join up. I guess I don't mind them going through the paces of making a character but if there was at least some skeleton they could follow it'd go smoother.

Or have an Asssscat kinda thing where they tell some stories and then make characters inspired by that. Sort of like what Ken did with Hug Denning. That character just sort of came about while they were bullshitting. Oh well. Too late now.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I am dying for Adam Scott to do a comprehensive R.E.M. podcast.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

I like Nerd Poker and enjoy listening to it but I think it would have been better if they took some time and got better prepared for this next part. Like at least have characters made and for Blaine to have some basic premise to get them a reason to join up. I guess I don't mind them going through the paces of making a character but if there was at least some skeleton they could follow it'd go smoother.

Or have an Asssscat kinda thing where they tell some stories and then make characters inspired by that. Sort of like what Ken did with Hug Denning. That character just sort of came about while they were bullshitting. Oh well. Too late now.

I'm guessing it'll be less bumpy next time, assuming that the next recording was done at a different time. I think they're playing with just some numbers hastily scratched on pieces of paper.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

I'm guessing it'll be less bumpy next time, assuming that the next recording was done at a different time. I think they're playing with just some numbers hastily scratched on pieces of paper.

That's true. I forgot that these past 2 eps were probably recorded on the same day.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Scott's unbridled fury at Eagles chat was quality comedy, uh, podcasting.

"Just because I like U2 doesn't mean I should have to listen to this poo poo!"

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem

GraPar posted:

I'm kind of pulling for "Chicargo gently caress Yourself with Jimmy Pardo".

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

GraPar posted:

R Ewe Mumbling REM Ere Me?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

TransatlanticFoe posted:

I'm kind of pulling for "Chicargo gently caress Yourself with Jimmy Pardo".

Yeah, Jimmy Pardo on YTU2tM was really good, I would definitely at least give his Chicago one a try. I'm a little afraid he would stick too close to actually discussing the band though.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

http://m.laweekly.com/publicspectacle/2014/05/14/hayes-davenport-and-sean-clements-hosts-of-the-hilarious-hollywood-handbook-podcast

Hollywood, baby!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
This may be the least they've talked about U2. They maybe had a total of 10 minutes actually talking U2.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I take it you live in a loving flyover state or some bullshit like that where the internets only exists in the magic talking boxes city folk throw away for charity, but here's the link to a real Hollywood powerhouse internets courtesy of Dell Alienware
http://www.laweekly.com/publicspectacle/2014/05/14/hayes-davenport-and-sean-clements-hosts-of-the-hilarious-hollywood-handbook-podcast

(that mobile link was all out of wack bro)

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Jesus gently caress Hayes is younger than me

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

quote:

...they co-hosted a podcast the next year called The Reality Show Show, focusing on unscripted TV. It was a slog. "We were doing a bad podcast that nobody liked," Clements says.

:colbert:

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

a_big_dog posted:

Jesus gently caress Hayes is younger than me

It's cool the he & I are the same age, but he's out in Hollyweird USA friggen banging models on the reg, meanwhile I'm here in Bumfuck Wherever, milling oats or whatever for a living.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Hayes was on Jeopardy??

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Well, the monster mash, it was a graveyard smash.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

I take it you live in a loving flyover state or some bullshit like that where the internets only exists in the magic talking boxes city folk throw away for charity, but here's the link to a real Hollywood powerhouse internets courtesy of Dell Alienware
http://www.laweekly.com/publicspectacle/2014/05/14/hayes-davenport-and-sean-clements-hosts-of-the-hilarious-hollywood-handbook-podcast

(that mobile link was all out of wack bro)

If you're not reading the internet on an iPhone, you might as well be a farmer. Hollywood, baby (?)!

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 15, 2014

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

If you're not reading the internet on an iPhone, you might as well be a farmer. Hollywood, baby (?)!

I read on my iphone while on break from my job of banging dumpsters together.

I'm glad I finally jumped on this a few weeks back, it's great. Which episode had Teen Pope? I want to check that out

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

barkingclam posted:

I'm glad I finally jumped on this a few weeks back, it's great. Which episode had Teen Pope? I want to check that out

The one with Shelby Fero, I think

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

barkingclam posted:

That's the Brian Huskey episode, it's really good

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
The Shelby Faro one is also really good and you should listen to that one, too.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Shelby Fero is fantastic, but man, that Teen Pope one is just so loving good. I still remember the first time listening to it out on a walk and I kind of zoned out and then did a literal double-take when I suddenly realized what an amazing episode was starting to happen so I just sat down on a parkbench and started bussin up hard

(In my defense it's hard to not zone out when I occasionaly get to feed these fellas :3:)

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Your walks bring you in contact with camels?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

My neighbor at my flyover rural vacation spot raises camels instead of cows, it's very web 2.0

cams
Mar 28, 2003

BJ Novak on Hollywood Handbook is amazing because BJ manages to just talk and talk and drop REAL HOLLYWOOD KNOWLEDGE at such an incredibly pace.

EDIT: I was CRYING laughing at the Spider-Man story with "Love in the Club" (i assume thats what the song was) playing in the background. Easily my favorite thing to ever happen on Hollywood Handjob.

cams fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 15, 2014

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
And out of his friggin hand came a web!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Eric the erstwhile intern is fat now. He's a large man. And Matt Besser's attempt to help was to sick the trumpet guy on him, record this for presumably hours and hours, then play 2 minutes of it before moving onto yelling at people who want to know where their grandfather's corpse is.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

cams posted:

BJ Novak on Hollywood Handbook is amazing because BJ manages to just talk and talk and drop REAL HOLLYWOOD KNOWLEDGE at such an incredibly pace.

EDIT: I was CRYING laughing at the Spider-Man story with "Love in the Club" (i assume thats what the song was) playing in the background. Easily my favorite thing to ever happen on Hollywood Handjob.

His takedown of Celebrity Net Worth was so good too. The only good that has ever come from that site was their own takedown of Rick Ross' ludicrously fake net worth from a recent song.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Well, the monster gently caress, it was a graveyard gently caress.

Fixed that for you.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GoutPatrol posted:

Fixed that for you.

...Part 2!

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

Eric the erstwhile intern is fat now. He's a large man. And Matt Besser's attempt to help was to sick the trumpet guy on him, record this for presumably hours and hours, then play 2 minutes of it before moving onto yelling at people who want to know where their grandfather's corpse is.

Trumpet guy is the worst thing since 9/11, or arguably Hitler.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Have any of the Earwolf podcasts done ads for SquareSpace recently? I wanna see how they compare to the offer code offered on their website.

nevermind they're the exact same coupon.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 19, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr. Squishy posted:

What? I'm a bit behind on improv 4 humans. I know trumpet guy but nothing else about this post makes sense to me.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

What? I'm a bit behind on improv 4 humans. I know trumpet guy but nothing else about this post makes sense to me.

It's a thing that actually happened in this week's I4H. Besser actually got Trumpet Guy to give Eric the Intern life advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It really seemed like Besser had set them up to speak to each other in the hope that he'd get something insane out of it for the show. But I guess trumpet guy just gave Eric a bunch of earnest, uninteresting advice for an hour. They only played like a minute of it on the show before doing a scene and moving on without really talking about it any further.