Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Lets play: Kluwe or Junior at Alternative High School?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sorry to break this up with news but that book is such a wealth of garbage that we could go on for far too long.

The Andre Johnson / Chiefs thing is picking up steam, they were talking about KC on Houston radio being the most likely destination and then this came out earlier today...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/24562480/a-primer-on-if-the-texans-are-to-trade-andre-johnson

quote:

If Kansas City showed some interest it would be Donnie Avery and a third. Anything less than a third would warrant two players as well.

and obligatory...

quote:

None of the three teams mentioned for consideration have the kind of salary-cap space to take on Johnson's contract. Keep in mind every team in the league has to get their rookies signed, which will take its toll on remaining cap space. As of now the Patriots have $7.7 million, Carolina has $5.7 million and the Chiefs have $4.4 million. A trade for Johnson would be an immediate $11 million cap hit and only 10 teams in the NFL could incur that hit without an adjustment. Of those 11 teams, I don't believe Johnson wants to go to any of those teams or that they would have little interest in him. If Johnson really wants to move on he has to restructure and strongly consider a pay cut as well. Johnson has made more than $30 million in the past four years and has been a high-priced player for all 11 years of his career. A willingness to do a cap friendly deal that averages $7million to $8 million a year but has a first-year cap number closer to $4 million-$5 million could put him on a real playoff contender.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hope Andre Johnson goes to the Colts

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Madden 2015 cover voting: http://espn.go.com/nfl/feature/maddenvote

It's almost certainly going to be Sherman isn't it?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
@MarkBermanFox26: Texans cut RB Chad Spann, RB Ray Graham, CB Loyce Means, TE Phillip Supernaw, DB Steven Terrell, WR Rico Richardson

Supernaw :( One less amazing name on the Texans

Andre Johnson is not going to be traded, I feel very confident of this. Now whether or not he retires...

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I hope Andre Johnson goes to the Colts

Yeah maybe for Moncrief and Hilton

But even if he were traded, which I don't think he will be, it obviously wouldn't be in division

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Brannock posted:

Madden 2015 cover voting: http://espn.go.com/nfl/feature/maddenvote

It's almost certainly going to be Sherman isn't it?

Nah, one of these scrub-rear end no-rings QB's will take him out down the stretch.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Texans fans, would you take a conditional 4th and Brandon Flowers? He's good. He's not right for our system anymore though.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Volkerball posted:

Monday Night Jihad owns and you should all buy it. loving rude Oakland Bandits fans! :argh:

quote:

After a tour of duty in Afghanistan, Riley Covington is living his dream as a professional linebacker when he comes face-to-face with a radical terrorist group on his own home turf. Drawn into the nightmare around him, Riley returns to his former life as a member of a special ops team that crosses oceans in an attempt to stop the escalating attacks. But time is running out, and it soon becomes apparent that the terrorists are on the verge of achieving their goal: to strike at the very heart of America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc5ZKGfyc8w

Patton and the sklar bros read some excerpts

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I wouldn't take Brandon Flowers and Justin Houston

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Intruder posted:

I wouldn't take Brandon Flowers and Justin Houston

I have irrational fandom clogging my brain regarding Eric Berry so I understand this insane sentence.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I like how my Brandon Flowers for AJ rumor is picking up speed. We can also include Hali in this.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

kiimo posted:

Sorry to break this up with news but that book is such a wealth of garbage that we could go on for far too long.

The Andre Johnson / Chiefs thing is picking up steam, they were talking about KC on Houston radio being the most likely destination and then this came out earlier today...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/24562480/a-primer-on-if-the-texans-are-to-trade-andre-johnson

and obligatory...

Trade Avery, cut Daniel and Smith, sign AJ80, start Murray...

You just like writing posts that you know I'll like!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

oh my god I've never seen an actual list before :laffo:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Parmesan Basil posted:

Trade Avery, cut Daniel and Smith, sign AJ80, start Murray...

I'm a Daniel homer I know but even when I try to cut that out I honestly think I'd rather start Chase than Aaron.

Not that it matters because this is in no way happening.

e: Christ you talked about cutting Alex Smith and I actually thought about it and responded. I'm close to as broken as you are.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Grittybeard posted:

I'm a Daniel homer I know but even when I try to cut that out I honestly think I'd rather start Chase than Aaron.

Not that it matters because this is in no way happening.

e: Christ you talked about cutting Alex Smith and I actually thought about it and responded. I'm close to as broken as you are.

Yeah, cutting Smith and Avery should be enough to get AJ. You're right though, Dorsey is too conservative for that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lamadrid posted:

:stare: Holy poo poo, At least Kluwe generally has the right message at least, albeit written like a goon.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

God, make it stop.

e: the Kluwe stuff. We get it - he's a poo poo writer.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Volkerball posted:

Monday Night Jihad owns and you should all buy it. loving rude Oakland Bandits fans! :argh:

I saw that book at a Dollar book store the other day and couldn't resist. Have not been able to bring myself to actually read it though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

bewbies posted:

I like how my Brandon Flowers for AJ rumor is picking up speed. We can also include Hali in this.

Well c'mon they have Romeo there now, it kind of makes sense.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

old dog child posted:

So worth it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

A Man and his dog posted:

How am I bad posting? I'm actually appalled by you guys making domestic violence jokes?!?

I'm done for the day. This forum loves it some double standards..... MmmmmMmmmmMmmmm

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hahahahaha

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Philip Rivers and his family were evacuated today because of the wildfires in San Diego.

They are okay

I live kinda close to Philip Rivers.

:ohdear:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Pray he doesn't Joel Zumaya himself.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Pray he doesn't Joel Zumaya himself.
Play guitar hero while the fire is raging through his house?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Jesus christ you guys loving love Chris Kluwe, you can claim you hate him but this forum has probably dedicated 22,000 posts to him.

I can't believe Michael Sam is going to do a realty show. If the Rams cut him tomorrow I wouldn't even blink or blame them. He has to understand half the reason teams were hesitant to draft him was because they were afraid he was going to bring a circus to town, and now he is going to have 10 cameras following him all day. Retarded.

Sorry to interrupt the monthly 19 page Kluwe hijack

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Philip Rivers and his family were evacuated today because of the wildfires in San Diego.

They are okay

I live kinda close to Philip Rivers.

:ohdear:

Stay safe. It's that time of the year again. I am eagerly awaiting the moment my area bursts into flames.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Ribsauce posted:

Jesus christ you guys loving love Chris Kluwe, you can claim you hate him but this forum has probably dedicated 22,000 posts to him.

I can't believe Michael Sam is going to do a realty show. If the Rams cut him tomorrow I wouldn't even blink or blame them. He has to understand half the reason teams were hesitant to draft him was because they were afraid he was going to bring a circus to town, and now he is going to have 10 cameras following him all day. Retarded.

Sorry to interrupt the monthly 19 page Kluwe hijack

A) For God's sakes, it's a comedy forum, and Kluwe's writings are pretty hilarious. Also, we stopped talking about it, so, uh, thanks for weighing in?
B) The true tragedy here is that Brennan "Great Black Otaku" Williams does not also have a reality show.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ribsauce posted:

It's actually not uncommon in the NFL. NFL Films used to have a yearly program called "Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL" that had cameras follow rookies around.

And if you are an NFL player, chances are a camera is on you a lot already. I think people blow this stuff out of proportion.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's actually not uncommon in the NFL. NFL Films used to have a yearly program called "Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL" that had cameras follow rookies around.

And if you are an NFL player, chances are a camera is on you a lot already. I think people blow this stuff out of proportion.

I'd also bet that the Rams figured this would happen and were expecting it.

e: As an aside this is the second time I've been fooled by sltrib.com thinking it was a St Louis newspaper. The Salt Lake Tribune thinks this is a terrible idea.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 15, 2014

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
49ers have re-signed Josh Johnson. :dance:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The funniest thing about Chris Kluwe is that an actual publisher paid him money to write those words and some copy editor or intern had to read that, powerless to alter whatever the gently caress that was on those pages.

Subj: Kluwe book

Hi, Sally this is Jim the editor. Just curious what our style guide says about the following phrases:

cock parsimony
overseas pussy distribution facility
sack ding dong bouillabaisse
parenthetical sphincter calamity
Christian Ponder

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 15, 2014

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Coldforge posted:

Stop signing my favorite quarterbacks and never doing anything them you jerkfaces. t:mad:

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
The title alone of Monday Night Jihad is better than anything written in Kluwe's book.

Also, Elam wrote this with his pastor.

Lamadrid posted:

This is so great. Thanks for posting.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Coldforge posted:

Jim Harbaugh really does treat backup QBs like Pokemon.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I am very curious what Kluwe had to say about Ayn Rand.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Chichevache posted:

I am very curious what Kluwe had to say about Ayn Rand.

Probably some funny poo poo, but that's the lowest possible hanging fruit to go after.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

A Man and his dog posted:

How am I bad posting? I'm actually appalled by you guys making domestic violence jokes?!?

I'm done for the day. This forum loves it some double standards..... MmmmmMmmmmMmmmm

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goddammit RG3 if you go an get your shitposting banned you're going to owe me $10 for your stupid avatar.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

Sounds like how bath time for my dogs usually ends up happening

This made me laugh my rear end off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

old dog child posted:

It owns so much.

• Locked thread