Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I like Miss Sazabi and I like Aila which is why I'm kind of annoyed at her showing. I'd even be okay if it just fought mocks if it didn't literally get less screemtime than Nils' goofy hammer.

The easiest way in the world for them to do this is having them help Sei and Reiji fight ever increasing number of Mocks pinning them all down on the way in until Yuuki and Takashi showed up. You know, instead of turning them into floating debris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Did the Build mk-II ever use any of the regular mk-II's weapons?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Droyer posted:

Did the Build mk-II ever use any of the regular mk-II's weapons?

It never used anything but its beam rifles and its beam sabers, aside from during things like the sniper trial.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It doesn't even have them anymore, the kits just keep them because the original HG Gundam mkII and MG Gundam mkII 2.0 were obviously not designed with the Build mkII in mind so the weapons aren't on separate runners.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Well I guess this a thing? http://gundam-bf.net/news.php#7777

I hope its something cool, or at least anything I would care about.

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007
緊急特報!
ガンダムビルドファイターズ、新シリーズ企画進行中!
GUNPLA BATTLE NEXT FIGHTERS STANDBY

---------------

Emergency dispatch!
Gundam Fighters build, planning new series in progress!
GUNPLA BATTLE NEXT FIGHTERS STANDBY

Via Google Translate. It looks like we are getting a new season!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Season Two confirmed! http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2014/05/gundam-build-fighters-season-2-announced.html

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Don't mess this up Bandai.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, I am so unsure about this. This is gonna be so so easy for them to gently caress up.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Yeah, I want it to be so good. Please don't disappoint, Bandai!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Man, I am so unsure about this. This is gonna be so so easy for them to gently caress up.

I actually think the opposite. The only way to really gently caress this up would be to make it dark and serious. As long as it's still stupid fun robot battles between plastic model kits, I think the show'll be enjoyable, even if it isn't quite as good as the first season.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Please let this be the show that breaks the Sunrise Season 2 curse.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Please let this be the show that breaks the Sunrise Season 2 curse.

Buddy Complex will break it, if only because it was so derivative that doing something crazy would be a step up :v:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Best Gundam series in ages gets a new season, I'm hopeful yet skeptical.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Will we see inter-world Gunpla battles, culminating in Reiji vs Sei? I hope so.:allears:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I am crossing my fingers because I really want this to be good but I have very little faith in Sunrise these days.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

This with the announcement of a new line of Gundam model grade has me hopeful that we'll see even crazier kit bashes. Cautiously optimistic.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
If it's the same team that did season 1, I have faith that they can pull it off. :unsmith:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zeta Gundam Build Fighters. Prepare to see everyone die :getin:

But no seriously, I'm so goddamn happy this is happening! Hopefully it'll keep being fun and ridiculous, as it should be. I'll keep hope that this will be as good as the first if not better, because I always like having something to look forward to.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Dumb as it sounds I either want what is essentially Gundam Build Fighters: Battle City Arc or Takeshi Iori: GUNPLA DETECTIVE. Go full wacky.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Why would they announce a new TV series at a hobby show?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Because gunpla.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TheManSeries posted:

Dumb as it sounds I either want what is essentially Gundam Build Fighters: Battle City Arc or Takeshi Iori: GUNPLA DETECTIVE. Go full wacky.

The three Egyptian God Gundams.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

TARDISman posted:

The three Egyptian God Gundams.

So would would those be three God Gundams that have been customized to look like the cards from Yugioh?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ethiser posted:

So would would those be three God Gundams that have been customized to look like the cards from Yugioh?

You know how Gundams kinda look like samurai, with the head crest and such? These are just going to look like Egyptian poo poo.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I have seen the future: Gunpla Battle on motorcycles.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

W.T. Fits posted:

Last time it was custom backpacks. This time it's custom vehicles! :v:.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

We already had that.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

ImpAtom posted:

We already had that.

We need more of that, in my opinion. Fenice needed more crazy motorcycle moments. :colbert:

Also I'm so hype for S2.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Please don't 00 season 2 this, Sunrise. Please. For me. I want to see custom builds from all the female characters as well, mainly because the gerbera tetra is cool.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 15, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

Please don't 00 season 2 this, Sunrise. Please. For me. I want to see custom builds from all the female characters as well, mainly because the gerbera tetra is cool.

It could honestly go either way. On the one hand, it theoretically should've happened with the first season and might mean a second's free and clear to be good as well. On the other, Build Fighters might've managed to stay under the higher-up's radar by being a marketing vehicle (beyond reasonable stuff like "do something with this gunpla/accessory kit in this episode") and as it did gangbusters they're now going to supervise it into oblivion like 00 Season 2.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chumbler posted:

You'll get custom builds but they'll explode after five seconds.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

This really needs to be about new characters or Sei and the crew experiencing some sort of wacky adventure. If this is just about Sei in another world championship they have already messed up.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

A running gag with Sei and China repeatedly breaking up and getting back together.

Actually no, that sounds kind of sad.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Ethiser posted:

This really needs to be about new characters or Sei and the crew experiencing some sort of wacky adventure. If this is just about Sei in another world championship they have already messed up.

Just watch, it'll be like SEED destiny. New interesting protagonist for half the run time then... BOOM Sei and Reiji wreck their face and stroll through the end of the tournament without a scratch.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Level Slide posted:

A running gag with Sei and China repeatedly breaking up and getting back together.

It will time skip 20-30 years into the future and they'll be married but still incredibly awkward around each other.

Mr. Ral will be exactly the same and still 35.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Level Slide posted:

If we're going to go down that path it should probably be Kirara and Fellini.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

chumbler posted:

Mr. Ral will be exactly the same and still 35.

While I'd like to see what the characters would be like aged a bit, this. Mr. Ral should be exactly the same now matter how much time has passed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

China breaking up with Sei would mean she has a motivation that isn't Sei. We all know that isn't going to happen.

Felini and Kirara being Max and Miria 2.0 is immensely believable though.

everythingWasBees posted:

While I'd like to see what the characters would be like aged a bit, this. Mr. Ral should be exactly the same now matter how much time has passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

China breaking up with Sei would mean she has a motivation that isn't Sei. We all know that isn't going to happen.

Felini and Kirara being Max and Miria 2.0 is immensely believable though.

Holy poo poo Sei looks like he's a loving Type-Moon character.

• Locked thread